4231 by Veez (Patch 13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 455
  • Views Views 104K
Well it might just be a run of terrible luck, it just shows some of the problems i have with this game, it just feels like you are not supposed to win in this game.

Im hoping in 2nd season with better players and also a larger playerpool it will go better.

i hope so too mate! what you just explained there has seriously given me some doubts in what i thought was a very solid set of tactics. so i have to take a few steps back an investigate for myself. i will start tonight and hopefully post some results tomorrow!

if anyone else has had these issues please let me know! they must be solved ASAP!

i hope so too mate! what you just explained there has seriously given me some doubts in what i thought was a very solid set of tactics. so i have to take a few steps back an investigate for myself. i will start tonight and hopefully post some results tomorrow!

if anyone else has had these issues please let me know! they must be solved ASAP!

Meh i wouldnt think too much of it, its probably bad luck + injuries + mediocre players.

edit: its going better now, last 5 matches i won 4 and didnt concede in those 4.

Last edited:
On this FM I find when you get stuck in a rut it's hard to get out. I'm 9 games without a win now but every game I've had more CCC's and hit the woodwork a lot. I am completely confident that a couple of wins will get me back into it.

On this FM I find when you get stuck in a rut it's hard to get out. I'm 9 games without a win now but every game I've had more CCC's and hit the woodwork a lot. I am completely confident that a couple of wins will get me back into it.

Thats kinda what happened to me, it seems to happen every other season, this time a bit rougher, i prefer it with lube :P

Nothing against the tactic btw, i like it a lot, i didnt have the right players for it anyway.

Hey i finished 4th eventually. Two last games where Inter (h) Juve (A) won vs inter, drew vs juve.

Ive sold Cavani for 35m, board only gives me 13m :P.

my defense now: Balzaretti Bochetti Okore Vrsjalko so quite a bit of speed there now. Got Gaitan on loan from Man Utd. Can buy him later for 8m. Now im trying to get Fierro. You were right about Hamsik so dumb of me, with his prefered moves he will be better left or right.

Im gonna start a new game with Roma now. They relegated in my Napoli game O_o but they seem to have a lot of talent.

Hi veez,

Only played versus smaller teams in preseason matches, but won them all with 4-2-3-1 tactic. 2-0,2-0,5-0,3-0,3-0,1-0 and 3-0.

Thats kinda what happened to me, it seems to happen every other season, this time a bit rougher, i prefer it with lube :P

Nothing against the tactic btw, i like it a lot, i didnt have the right players for it anyway.

Yeah I like the tactic, just need to start a good run and it should be great. I do have a very young team though.

Hey Veez, I tested your tactic with Chelsea and it worked well. I had a 2-0 win over City in the Community Shield, a 3-1 win away to Reading, a 4-1 win at home to Swansea and finally, a 3-1 away win to Atletico. Only problem now is I can't seem to keep clean sheets. However, the tactic is not yet fluid, so I guess I will concede less when it's fluid?

Currently playing as newcastle with this tactic, season started reasonably well couple of results didnt go my way, blaming this on new players etc blending into the squad, and rotation, also alot of my new players are young and not quite ready for the deep end full time. all of a sudden bam, FM13 decided my team was awful and cant even keep more than 30% possession for 4 matches and conceding 16 goals.... View attachment 288730

this is my current squad also, any suggestions of improvements welcome :View attachment 288731

thanks.

Nice tactic btw, not blaming that, dunno what happened to my team but gonna jump on the conspiracy SI dont want us to win haha

Hey Veez, I tested your tactic with Chelsea and it worked well. I had a 2-0 win over City in the Community Shield, a 3-1 win away to Reading, a 4-1 win at home to Swansea and finally, a 3-1 away win to Atletico. Only problem now is I can't seem to keep clean sheets. However, the tactic is not yet fluid, so I guess I will concede less when it's fluid?

yes you will, and when it is fluid change your general training to defensive

Currently playing as newcastle with this tactic, season started reasonably well couple of results didnt go my way, blaming this on new players etc blending into the squad, and rotation, also alot of my new players are young and not quite ready for the deep end full time. all of a sudden bam, FM13 decided my team was awful and cant even keep more than 30% possession for 4 matches and conceding 16 goals.... View attachment 288730

this is my current squad also, any suggestions of improvements welcome :View attachment 288731

thanks.

Nice tactic btw, not blaming that, dunno what happened to my team but gonna jump on the conspiracy SI dont want us to win haha

some akward results there. have you been using the 433 counter for some away games or just the 4231? because all your bad results seem to be away games. for this backline to work perfectly you need very strong defenders. i know okore has poor concentration and composure (or is it decisions? something like that), thats a big no no! collocini is alright, but i remember i sold him when i played newcastle because he had a few flaws. and zimmerman i dont know. santon should work well.

have you found a pattern in the way you concede? also, if your tactics are fluid, you shoudl change training focus to defensive.

i've had some users say that the defense doesnt play close enough to the midfield and they lose the ball when looking for a passing leading to a clear chance for the opposition, have you found this too?

Hi veez,

Only played versus smaller teams in preseason matches, but won them all with 4-2-3-1 tactic. 2-0,2-0,5-0,3-0,3-0,1-0 and 3-0.

good results mate! let me know how the rest of the season goes!

Hey i finished 4th eventually. Two last games where Inter (h) Juve (A) won vs inter, drew vs juve.

Ive sold Cavani for 35m, board only gives me 13m :P.

my defense now: Balzaretti Bochetti Okore Vrsjalko so quite a bit of speed there now. Got Gaitan on loan from Man Utd. Can buy him later for 8m. Now im trying to get Fierro. You were right about Hamsik so dumb of me, with his prefered moves he will be better left or right.

Im gonna start a new game with Roma now. They relegated in my Napoli game O_o but they seem to have a lot of talent.

have you given up on napoli and started with roma?

some akward results there. have you been using the 433 counter for some away games or just the 4231? because all your bad results seem to be away games. for this backline to work perfectly you need very strong defenders. i know okore has poor concentration and composure (or is it decisions? something like that), thats a big no no! collocini is alright, but i remember i sold him when i played newcastle because he had a few flaws. and zimmerman i dont know. santon should work well.

have you found a pattern in the way you concede? also, if your tactics are fluid, you shoudl change training focus to defensive.

i've had some users say that the defense doesnt play close enough to the midfield and they lose the ball when looking for a passing leading to a clear chance for the opposition, have you found this too?

I do use the 433 counter for bigger teams away from home, Okore and Zimmerman are to develop, I play taylor and simpson in big games normally.

I often loose 2 goals in the last 10 mins of a match, very frustrating. Also when my player gets called offside, i usually loose a goal from the play following these free kicks.

My cb's do tend to give the ball away alot, and looking at it there is a fair gap between them and the midfield.

thanks mate

thanks.

5/11 of your team is new, foreign and (very) young and inexperienced. im not sure but for that to gel into your squad could take 6months or more. Thats a guess based on my experience tho.

i played around with some settings yesterday. you can do one of two things.

play the CM's as DMF's

increase mentality of CB's and set their passing to the last nothc of short.

if your CB's have very low passing and decisions attributes, you should set passing to direct.

you can do one or the other, or actualy do both! lol i didnt actually try this last one. but this will probably improve defensive consistency and reduce the gao between defese and midfield so that balls arent lost in between.

i'm starting to get the feeling that this tactic is more for big teams due to some of the feedback. thought it wouldnt be, taking into account i played wolves, but my squad was already fairly strong and played together for a long time when i achieved these results.

this weekend i will play around with some of the settings some more and see if i can create a version more suitable for middle teams, based on these tweaks i mentioned above

5/11 of your team is new, foreign and (very) young and inexperienced. im not sure but for that to gel into your squad could take 6months or more. Thats a guess based on my experience tho.

yes, in this years game, this definately with take its toll! your teams will take much longer to achieve the expected fluifity of its football than if you stuck with the original squad. so one must find the right balance between getting better players, and not messing around too much with the squad. this is awful for me, i love completely overhauling squads when i take charge of them. i remember in my fisrt seaso with wolves in the championship, i sold everyone, kept like 3 or 4 players, completely new squad and had a horrid beginning of the season. Second half of the season won me the championship though!

I thought I'm supposed to change it to defending corners?

general training is on the top left, change that to defensive and match training is on the top right, change that to def. set pieces!

Thanks for the tips,

I set my cm's to dmc's, kept all sliders the same.

increased my dc's to the first notch of direct passing, and increased their mentality by 3 notches, still defensive.

hope this works.

I like to revamp squads, but more keeping the first team of what was there to begin with, and bleeding through young players as subs etc, the squad i uploaded was my full squad, and the only new 1st team player in it was wellington nem, I usually aim to have my new first team set up for the beginning of the third season.

Back