4231 by Veez (Patch 13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 455
  • Views Views 104K
Thanks for the tips,

I set my cm's to dmc's, kept all sliders the same.

increased my dc's to the first notch of direct passing, and increased their mentality by 3 notches, still defensive.

hope this works.

I like to revamp squads, but more keeping the first team of what was there to begin with, and bleeding through young players as subs etc, the squad i uploaded was my full squad, and the only new 1st team player in it was wellington nem, I usually aim to have my new first team set up for the beginning of the third season.

sounds like good man management. in terms of the changes you made, now take into account that the MDF's are a long way away from the AMC's, so if they have trouble passing them the ball, you will need to alter their passing settings too. but test it for a while and see how it does. let me know if it works too please!

cheers and good luck!

ok, the gap in midfield was obvious, ended up wasting alot of possession still.
I upped the two DMC's passing to the first notch in mixed.
this improved the possession of my team by around 10% and i started keeping the ball more. however, i was loosing goals from set pieces still to which i altered both the defending corners and defending set pieces settings quite a bit, full backs on post, cb's on tall player, str stay up. 3 amc's form wall, and two dmc's stay back. is roughly the changes i made.
since then,
i have beat man city 3-0, liverpool 4-1, west ham 8-2 and dumped CSKA Moskow out of europe 6-4 on aggregate.

quite the improvement for my team considering i was on the verge of getting dunted.

well done mate! so overall do you think the midfielders work better as DMC's than MC's? did this hinder the offensive play in any way and were the defensive improvements visible? with them as MC's they had a very high tackling rate, do they still manage to regain the ball quickly and launch counter attacks?

in terms of set pieces, i left them as they were, so they definately needed some tweaking!

for me it seemed to be an improvement yeah, but that might be just the players i have with anita, tiote and cabaye all being quite defense oriented, they are winning the ball back just inside our half most of the time so still a decent area to win it back,they have the highest tackle rate in the team still, and the ball gets moved up to the attacking players quite quickly.
It didnt hinder the attacking play at all, in my opinion it was improved a bit, due to the opposing team advancing a bit further before we got the ball back, our attacking players have a bit more space to play in.

gonna run with it now as is, seems to be perfect for Newcastle :D

for me it seemed to be an improvement yeah, but that might be just the players i have with anita, tiote and cabaye all being quite defense oriented, they are winning the ball back just inside our half most of the time so still a decent area to win it back,they have the highest tackle rate in the team still, and the ball gets moved up to the attacking players quite quickly.
It didnt hinder the attacking play at all, in my opinion it was improved a bit, due to the opposing team advancing a bit further before we got the ball back, our attacking players have a bit more space to play in.

gonna run with it now as is, seems to be perfect for Newcastle :D

thats excellent news mate! and it definately improved the team defensively yes?

good luck with that, and when you get a consistent run of results going, post some screenshots :)

yeah mate, the team is defensively solid now, thanks billions for the tactic and the tips along the way. :)

yeah mate, the team is defensively solid now, thanks billions for the tactic and the tips along the way. :)

no problem mate! thats what im here for :) its in my best interest to make the tactic as good as it can be! thats why i encourage everyone to give me feedback and suggestions, be them good or bad!

i'm going to implement the changes u did and give them a test too on a new save this weekend. hopefully i will be able to release V3 of the tactic during the weekend or on monday with these changes and a few others.

how about the 433? have you found flaws there too?

That would be cool mate, hopefully these tweaks give more stability or even just a "smaller" team version of the tactic.
Good luck over the weekend :)

I haven't looked at the 433 since i started the tweaks to the 4231, sorry. All I can say is I struggled a bit for possession and didnt create too many chances, but again it might just be the players at my disposal at the time. sorry I cant be more constructive mate.

That would be cool mate, hopefully these tweaks give more stability or even just a "smaller" team version of the tactic.
Good luck over the weekend :)

I haven't looked at the 433 since i started the tweaks to the 4231, sorry. All I can say is I struggled a bit for possession and didnt create too many chances, but again it might just be the players at my disposal at the time. sorry I cant be more constructive mate.

okay mate, no need to be sorry, you've helped me out a great deal as it is!! :)

Hi veez,

It started off very well, however after winter break, things went wrong. Media prediction was 10th place. As you can see I was going for promotion halfway season but couldn't keep up the good performances. However tactics weren't fluid until halfway the season so it's weird since they should run better after that...

I had some injuries, but not extraordinary. I used the 4-2-3-1 at home and the 4-3-2-1 counter for away matches. I conceded in a lot of different ways but the match build-up was always the same. I score 1-0, can't score a 2nd goal and last 15 minutes they bang one in to equalize. It was more then a common scenario.

I also notice my central striker isn't performing well. He only scored 5 goals in 22 apparences.

Maybe if you PM me your emailaddress I can send u the tactic-files and you might take a look into it...

:(View attachment 288771View attachment 288772View attachment 288773View attachment 288774

PS: I'm now reading some more players have troubles because they play smaller teams... maybe that might be a part of the problem but it's strange that it worked good first half of the season...

Last edited:
Hi veez,

It started off very well, however after winter break, things went wrong. Media prediction was 10th place. As you can see I was going for promotion halfway season but couldn't keep up the good performances. However tactics weren't fluid until halfway the season so it's weird since they should run better after that...

I had some injuries, but not extraordinary. I used the 4-2-3-1 at home and the 4-3-2-1 counter for away matches. I conceded in a lot of different ways but the match build-up was always the same. I score 1-0, can't score a 2nd goal and last 15 minutes they bang one in to equalize. It was more then a common scenario.

I also notice my central striker isn't performing well. He only scored 5 goals in 22 apparences.

Maybe if you PM me your emailaddress I can send u the tactic-files and you might take a look into it...

:(View attachment 288771View attachment 288772View attachment 288773View attachment 288774

PS: I'm now reading some more players have troubles because they play smaller teams... maybe that might be a part of the problem but it's strange that it worked good first half of the season...

yes very strange. however you did adapt the tactic to a TC version so it might not be exactly the same. appart from that the only explanation i can find is that the AI got used to the tactic, but notmally that takes more thank half a season. your initial results were very good! did you buy a lot of players in january or have a lot of injuries? when your team goes through a slump you also need to talk to your players and try to motivate them, or have team meeting to try and pick them up. a good assistant manager with good motivational skills and discipline is also good to help with team talks.

in terms of your striker, he needs to be a very specific sort of player. he must be good with his feet, quick and very good off the ball. big and slow strikers will simply not work here. can u post a screenshot of your striker please? and in english too if you can :P also try some of the changes that callamity mentioned, by using the CM's as DMF's and changing the passing for CB's and DMF's so they are more compact and dont loose the ball so often. also tweak the set pieces.

here's my e-mail: [email protected], send me the files and i'll take a look at them.

as i have to perform changes in the tactics, the next version will probably be a TC version instead of classic

thanks for the feedback mate, and try those changes to see if they work until i can post a new version

have you given up on napoli and started with roma?

no not given up. just trying some new teams and tactics. Ill probably continue the Napoli save. It just felt bad selling Cavani (i wanted to buy Sneijder 15m Euro for AMC and then Hamsik AMLC) and a poacher but right now i only got 13m from the board. I kinda dont like not having any money at all. Especially since i missed CL last match of the season when i drew 0-0 vs juve.

I deleted the Roma save already btw and started a Shakhtar game, infinite money ftw lol. Dentinho is raping teams.

lol which tactic you using now?

your attacking version. so far no need to use the other one. but im also in a game with Southampton using the 4-2-2-2 fake defense tactic. well if i dont relegate and get fired, because really this game doesnt like me.

your attacking version. so far no need to use the other one. but im also in a game with Southampton using the 4-2-2-2 fake defense tactic. well if i dont relegate and get fired, because really this game doesnt like me.

lolol so its worked well for shakhtar yes? even in europe? this version seems to apply more to bigger teams. need to make a more compact and contained one for smaller teams

hi veez
just a quick question have started a save with arsenal v good so far including freindlies p18 w 14 d1 L 3 f 47 A 18 its just gone fully fluid so i'm changing the training i know about the match prep def corners you have said in the op main training balenced or defencive but at what intensity will put in some more reports and screennies when i get halfway in the season

stfc

lolol so its worked well for shakhtar yes? even in europe? this version seems to apply more to bigger teams. need to make a more compact and contained one for smaller teams

Have only played some league matches but because i was stupid the AI already played 2 league matches before i joined them (i started in july probably. So i had a week to learn 2 new tactics lol, didnt stop those brazilians from winning 0-5 away and stuff.

I found a pretty awesome ukrainian AMC too, who seems to fit the AMC playmaker role. hes only in the game if u load ukraine though. Too bad cause he was of same lvl as Willian and the other AMCs.

Man, who create this tactic u are fu**ing amazing :D I will give for u some screens from my Borussia Dortmund... AMC's and Striker are amazing !!! Reus,Gotze,Blaszczykowski - LEWANDOWSKI (big striker in this tactic i recommend him for evryone :D)

hi veez
just a quick question have started a save with arsenal v good so far including freindlies p18 w 14 d1 L 3 f 47 A 18 its just gone fully fluid so i'm changing the training i know about the match prep def corners you have said in the op main training balenced or defencive but at what intensity will put in some more reports and screennies when i get halfway in the season

stfc

i went with high defensive and it worked very well! keep it up mate! i look forward to seeing your results :)

Have only played some league matches but because i was stupid the AI already played 2 league matches before i joined them (i started in july probably. So i had a week to learn 2 new tactics lol, didnt stop those brazilians from winning 0-5 away and stuff.

I found a pretty awesome ukrainian AMC too, who seems to fit the AMC playmaker role. hes only in the game if u load ukraine though. Too bad cause he was of same lvl as Willian and the other AMCs.

keep me updated!

just got home and you inspired me to start a napoli save. have to say that their squad is ****! appart from de sanctis hamsik, pandev, cavani, inler and behrami ofcourse. im selling everyone! lol and giving napoli a fresh start. i know this means my results will be **** in the beginning, but i dont care :P

Back