4231 by Veez (Patch 13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 455
  • Views Views 104K
leeholly5

what you doing for match prep & also you selecting target and playmaker?
no i havent selected any as playmaker or target man. my pre season match prep was team cohesion on high with tactics on high untill fully fluid.i kept it on team cohesion for about 10 games in and was defending well so went to average attacking pos.
i used to classic tactic mostly and the counter tactic against the big teams which i was having better scores in but doesnt seem to work with the mid/bottom table teams so played classic with them sometimes, when im at home and about 2.0 up i change to counter tactic at about 60 ish mins and usually grab another.
now im 20 points clear i might try and see how i do with the target man and playmaker set and let u know how the second half goes! in the league cup/fa cup i have put a second team out and got into the final in league cup with it!

Last edited:
hey guys. sorry for not being around but i was sick all week end. normally that would be the perfect excuse to power up FM but i didnt even feel up to doing that. im feeling a little better now and skipped work today so i'm gonna power up the game and get to some testing and tweaking done like i had promised on friday. i'm gonna start a game with the team i support, who are currently underachieving and doing very poorly domestically and in europe, Sporting Clube de Portugal! today we also play bitter rivals Benfica, so i hope this can mark a turning point! :D

just went through the latest posts and feedback. sorry for not going through each of them individually, but there are a lot of posts to answer, and i'm not really feeling up to it yet (dont want to get a headache before i power up the game :P).

i saw some very good results! especially with borussia dortmund and tottenham! i was very impressed with tottenham! and very interested too, because from what i read, you didnt use target man and playmaker to achieve these results! i want to hear more about that. borussia dortmund and arsenal showed good results too, especially offensiively, but need improvements defensively. this is what i am going to work on now with my new save. making the tactic more consistent defensively, and less dependent on world class players. i'm going to try and concentrate mostly players home-grown at the club and youth that i will bring in too to try and prove the tactics worth with lesser players.

i will be around for most of today (and hopefully i'll skip work tomorrow too :P), so if anyone has any questions that i wasnt able to answer over the weekend feel free to post and i'll try to help you out as best as i can.

cheers!

I've transformed the Attaking into an modern tacktick. I works great. But i dont understand one thing. Why do you play with wingers in the counter tactick? If you play with the Attaking and form you team to that you dont have atting wingers on your team. So when i think its time for the counter version i dont have the right players.

But the attacking version works great for me. Tnx for that!

Just about to start a new game, and get this tactic tested a bit more, it seems to be the best i have found so far

I've transformed the Attaking into an modern tacktick. I works great. But i dont understand one thing. Why do you play with wingers in the counter tactick? If you play with the Attaking and form you team to that you dont have atting wingers on your team. So when i think its time for the counter version i dont have the right players.

But the attacking version works great for me. Tnx for that!

what changes did you make?

the counter tactic has wingers because they help out the defense and because its easier to play effective counter attacking football through the wings.

i havent managed to make the 4231 effective away to stronger opponents yet, i've tried many things, but nothing seems to work

Just about to start a new game, and get this tactic tested a bit more, it seems to be the best i have found so far

thanks mate, let me know how you do, and if you have any suggestions for improvement

thanks mate, let me know how you do, and if you have any suggestions for improvement

i still cant get the new ones to work. its still the old version that works better for me with a few little different things

V2, but that my opinion, some people say the earlier ones work better for them.

i'd say V2 is good for bigger teams because it is based on very short passing

Great tactic Veez, finally had some FM2013 success, started using the tactic for the Leyton Orient game, rest was history.
Out of interest, did you name a play maker & target man in the box selection bit? i didn't name either but left the boxes ticked, just plugged & played.
PrestonNorthEnd_FixturesSchedule_zps09d5a264.png

PrestonNorthEnd_TacticsOverview_zps21ea8813.png

Great tactic Veez, finally had some FM2013 success, started using the tactic for the Leyton Orient game, rest was history.
Out of interest, did you name a play maker & target man in the box selection bit? i didn't name either but left the boxes ticked, just plugged & played.
PrestonNorthEnd_FixturesSchedule_zps09d5a264.png

PrestonNorthEnd_TacticsOverview_zps21ea8813.png

thanks mate! yes i did name TM and PM but you're not the first one to say it works that way too. although i think markig at east the TM is important, my main striker Caros Fierro was a riot playing there, check my OP for some screenshots! what was your media prediction? because you do concede a bit, that was a problem i was trying to solve with various tweaks, but havent found anything that would improve it.

veez which version do you suggest for not big teams?

probably the first one - balanced control

but you can try the most recent one and tweak it to suit your team, by reducing closing down of CB's and by changing the passing of some players so that they dont concentrate so much on short passing. if you are favourite you can play very short passing, but not if you are an underdog. if you're an underdog your opponents will put pressure on you and wont allow you to pass the ball around, so the build up of play will be hindered.

i'd say tweak the latest version (Classic V2) because it is very good offensively

let me know what you do and how it turns out

good luck!

Cant believe this, just started winning with this tactic 5 games on the bounce and they release a new patch GGGRRR! :@

Cant believe this, just started winning with this tactic 5 games on the bounce and they release a new patch GGGRRR! :@

im gonna start working on a new version tonight. has anyone used it with the new patch that can give me some feedback?

erm yeah, it was all over the place on my crawley save after the 5 games win the patch cam out, had a 0-0 draw then lost at home to bottom club, 7-5, yeah I leaked 7 goals at home. I know you probably want more in depth technical info than that, but fell victim to a rage quit shortly after! :D

Back