4231 by Veez (Patch 13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 455
  • Views Views 104K
Well for me this new strange formation tactic is the best I have tested for 13.2. I made two changes to 24121 by Veez (test) v1.tac as recommended by Veez: "Set man marking for WB's and bring their closingdown down to the last notch of own half (last before full pitch)".

On some away matches I felt I was lucky to take all three points, but overall results were amazingly solid. Also keep in mind it was only in last 5 or so matches that I had tactic as 100% fluid.

To test with I took midtable Newcastle (Media prediction 7th). I made no changes and brought no players. 100% default squad. Here is half the season story:

View attachment 294002View attachment 294003View attachment 294004

I am a fan of this tactic and I am now starting a long career from lowest of leagues with this tactic and with this mod as soon as it comes available, should be within hours:

Sports Interactive Community

Thank you Veez for making this game more enjoyable |)

Last edited:
veez. Why you are usig WB's and not FB's? Don't you think FB's would be more solid in defence?

veez. Why you are usig WB's and not FB's? Don't you think FB's would be more solid in defence?

it might be. im just playing around with player positions and settings for now. the idea behind this is having a wall of 4 players closing down the ball early and up the pitch, leaving the 2 CB's to pick up the pieces. obviously it can still be improved.

in my testing i've found it dificult to play this way away from home against tough opposition. so i might develop this into a high press home tactic and make a new one, more counter based to play away games

Well for me this new strange formation tactic is the best I have tested for 13.2. I made two changes to 24121 by Veez (test) v1.tac as recommended by Veez: "Set man marking for WB's and bring their closingdown down to the last notch of own half (last before full pitch)".

On some away matches I felt I was lucky to take all three points, but overall results were amazingly solid. Also keep in mind it was only in last 5 or so matches that I had tactic as 100% fluid.

To test with I took midtable Newcastle (Media prediction 7th). I made no changes and brought no players. 100% default squad. Here is half the season story:

View attachment 294002View attachment 294003View attachment 294004

I am a fan of this tactic and I am now starting a long career from lowest of leagues with this tactic and with this mod as soon as it comes available, should be within hours:

Sports Interactive Community

Thank you Veez for making this game more enjoyable |)

thanks for your feedback mate, and thanks for helping me test.

i agree with you, away games are a bit dodgy. im going to develop an away tactic to be used in tandem with this one, although there are still some refinements to be done on this one too.

if anyone wants to help test or has ideas to further develop this set of tactics, please let me know

cheers!

amazing, yet another game update 13.2.1, I'll test and see if it makes any difference.

amazing, yet another game update 13.2.1, I'll test and see if it makes any difference.
i hope they fixed that issue with the runs from deep where everything and everyone gets dribbled, was ridiculous

View attachment 294808

View attachment 294809

View attachment 294810

at the request of craig curtis im posting a set of 433 tactics that im currently working on. anyone that wants to test them and give feedback or help further develop them is welcome to do so.

bear in mind this is still a work in progress

the attack tactic is to be used in home games, counter in away games and standard is a posession based tactic to be used when you go 2 or 3 goals up. the posession tactic is probably the one that needs most work (might be wrong because i havent really tested it enough), the others can still be improved but have been working really well for me.

im also looking to develop a set of shouts for each tactic

here are screenshots of my results so far:

View attachment 294821View attachment 294811View attachment 294812View attachment 294813View attachment 294814View attachment 294815View attachment 294816View attachment 294817View attachment 294818View attachment 294819View attachment 294820

View attachment 294808

View attachment 294809

View attachment 294810

at the request of craig curtis im posting a set of 433 tactics that im currently working on. anyone that wants to test them and give feedback or help further develop them is welcome to do so.

bear in mind this is still a work in progress

the attack tactic is to be used in home games, counter in away games and standard is a posession based tactic to be used when you go 2 or 3 goals up. the posession tactic is probably the one that needs most work (might be wrong because i havent really tested it enough), the others can still be improved but have been working really well for me.

im also looking to develop a set of shouts for each tactic

here are screenshots of my results so far:

View attachment 294821View attachment 294811View attachment 294812View attachment 294813View attachment 294814View attachment 294815View attachment 294816View attachment 294817View attachment 294818View attachment 294819View attachment 294820
Cheers mate do you think attacking tactic could work away from home against smaller teams?

Cheers mate do you think attacking tactic could work away from home against smaller teams?

probably yes.

i just played chelsea away. used away tactic in the first half and played very poorly (first game it didnt work for me), was 1-0 down at half time so i changed to attack for second half. turned the match 2-1 in our favour.

so yes, it seems to work

probably yes.

i just played chelsea away. used away tactic in the first half and played very poorly (first game it didnt work for me), was 1-0 down at half time so i changed to attack for second half. turned the match 2-1 in our favour.

so yes, it seems to work
Ok mate will wait for tactic to get more fluid before start looking to improve and look at shouts n ois n stuff. What match prep you use or do you change from match to match?

still using "tactics" coz tactic is not fluid yet, but will probably go with either defensive or attacking movement, depends on how the tactic behaves after it is fluid. will definately go with defensive set pieces though

still using "tactics" coz tactic is not fluid yet, but will probably go with either defensive or attacking movement, depends on how the tactic behaves after it is fluid. will definately go with defensive set pieces though
Yep thats what i usually use in match prep then balanced genral training

Hi mate not changed much only thing so far is OIs on wingers HT and strikers HT/WF this has helped stop wingers crossing as much also has cut out most long shots this is on all 3 tactics. And on standard tactic went 1 notch back on def line because was conceding when changed to this and has helped abit, not changing to much yet coz only half fluid but have won every game so far will post SS after half season. The one thing noticed about counter tactic is struggling to score but will wait till fluid to see if gets better before making any changes:)

Hi mate not changed much only thing so far is OIs on wingers HT and strikers HT/WF this has helped stop wingers crossing as much also has cut out most long shots this is on all 3 tactics. And on standard tactic went 1 notch back on def line because was conceding when changed to this and has helped abit, not changing to much yet coz only half fluid but have won every game so far will post SS after half season. The one thing noticed about counter tactic is struggling to score but will wait till fluid to see if gets better before making any changes:)

nice! glad its working out and look forward to seeing those screenshots! and yes, the counter tactic does struggle, i started using the attack version away too instead of the counter version. so if you can make any changes that would make it work, would be appreciated! :)

working on a new version now :P with a different defensive approach. this version will be plug and play, seems to work well home and away. still testing though to see if it can be improved, but results are encouraging.

check out the formation:

View attachment 294997

nice! glad its working out and look forward to seeing those screenshots! and yes, the counter tactic does struggle, i started using the attack version away too instead of the counter version. so if you can make any changes that would make it work, would be appreciated! :)

working on a new version now :P with a different defensive approach. this version will be plug and play, seems to work well home and away. still testing though to see if it can be improved, but results are encouraging.

check out the formation:

View attachment 294997
Okay mate will do,the attack version is awesome at home scores loads and standard version seems pretty balanced alround. Like the look of new tactic keep me posted mate!:)

Back