4231 by Veez (Patch 13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 455
  • Views Views 104K
I might have spoken too soon, restarted, and seem to be going OK so far...

Was doing ok won all friendlies then firts game of season lost to southhampton at home 0-2 then lost following 6 got nocked out cup and was sacked. Noticed 2 defenders always going to man with ball and leaving man free to score conceded from set pieces few times and full backs not stopping crosses as much, imo patch has made things go backwards again as was having great results with these tactics before.

Works perfectly with my Juventus team, Giovinco, Adryan & Vucinic are excelling in the AMC roles! Matri gets quite a few goals as the lone striker!!

yeah, the patch has definately fiddled with the defending, could get away with high closing down of CB's before, not any more! try reducing it. i'm working on a different approach now, so i'll probably only get to post a new version of this 4231 after i finish what i'm doing now.

have had no success updating this tactic for patch 13.2

although i evolved it into a different formation that im currently testing

its a bit strange lol - 2 4 2 2 - two CB's, two WB's, two DM's, two W, one DLF and one poacher

as soon as im done testing i'll probably post it if results continue to be positive

I can test it with Newcastle if you link it :)

Edit: Or better yet I can test it with any team you choose to.

I can test it with Newcastle if you link it :)

View attachment 293971

there you go mate, remember, its still in development!

i'll appreciate all and any feedback you can give me

cheers and good luck!

edit: need to change focus passing to down both flanks

Last edited:
Fashinating formation! I changed passing as you requested and I am still only closing in on tactic being fluid. So far mixed results, but it seems somewhat promising. Best results so far: At home I won ManU 2-1 and deserved it, also draw with Arsenal at Emirates 1-1.

I post more in depth analysis after I get this tactic familiar to my team.

made a few more changes gi,,e a minute and ill post them

one more tweak, set man marking for WB's and brin their closing down down to the last notch of own half (last before full pitch)

one more tweak, set man marking for WB's and brin their closing down down to the last notch of own half (last before full pitch)

Done! Results are getting better as Im almost fluid. I am with Newcastle default squad near the top (media 7th). 12 matches and 24points.

How about marking setting you set for CMs and CBs mate? Is this work for anti-crossing defense on 13.2?

EPL team usually score from crosses so I want to improve the defense against that.

How about marking setting you set for CMs and CBs mate? Is this work for anti-crossing defense on 13.2?

EPL team usually score from crosses so I want to improve the defense against that.

DM's and CB's are in zonal marking, CB with no tight marking

dzunglv this is a new tactic im working on, not the 4231

Back