4231 by Veez (Patch 13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 455
  • Views Views 104K
I know you're probably asking Veez but I have the same problem with the big teams and I'm finding that slow tempo, possession based football works well. I've also started using a 4-6-0 against those teams, which works well to frustrate them for the first half, a rousing team talk and a tactic switch usually does the trick.

thats a very interesting approach! hadn't thought of that. still working? if you have the players to fit it, try the conter tactic i explained in the post above, worked very well for me. appart from that, is the balanced tactic still working for the rest of the games? i

Hi.

This is by far this best tactic I have tryed out.
Im playing with AFC Wimbledon and im in my 6 season and playing in Npower league.
I have been using your tactic this season and my team are doing well.
I have a mix of young and old players. Its hard for me to get really good players with team but still with this tactic they are playing good. Right now I in 7 position and i have played 33 games.

Last edited:
Hi.

This is by far this best tactic I have tryed out.
Im playing with AFC Wimbledon and im in my 6 season and playing in Npower league.
I have been using your tactic for this season and my team are doing well.
I have a mix of young and old players. Its hard for me to get really good players with team but still with this tactic they are playing good. Right now I in 7 position and i have played 33 games.

awesome feedback mate! thank you! the tactic still needs to be refined, because it was created before the current patch. im working on it, just havent had enough time to finish it yet!

keep going mate, you'll probably ****** a playoff spot if you keep it up :)

where do you find the tactic is most lacking? i see that you've conceeded 50 and scored 65, should be more of a difference there, 65 vscored in 33 games is quite good, but 50 conceeded isnt. have you conceeded more at home, away from home, against tougher or easier opposition, on the counter or organised play? give me some feedback when you can and i'll try and help you tighten up that defence! :)

cheers mate!

awesome feedback mate! thank you! the tactic still needs to be refined, because it was created before the current patch. im working on it, just havent had enough time to finish it yet!

keep going mate, you'll probably ****** a playoff spot if you keep it up :)

where do you find the tactic is most lacking? i see that you've conceeded 50 and scored 65, should be more of a difference there, 65 vscored in 33 games is quite good, but 50 conceeded isnt. have you conceeded more at home, away from home, against tougher or easier opposition, on the counter or organised play? give me some feedback when you can and i'll try and help you tighten up that defence! :)

cheers mate!

Right after I sent my feedback I lost 3 matches in a row :(
But now im back on track.

I think where I struggle most is in my defence. As you already have state that im conceeded more then 50 goal and I have scored more then 65 goals so the attcking is good some times.
I think that if the 3 attacking midfielder shoots more at the goal it will help create more chances instead of playing the ball back and forth between midfield and 3 attacking midfielder and our attacker.

Some times there are a big gab in the front of our own goal. It looks like my defender does not cover their attacks up.

But otherwise its good. I still have a young team with a mix of old players but non of them are any good. I only have like 4 - 5 players good enough for this leauge.

Last edited:
Great tactic worked well enough at the start but then I think the AI got used to it!!

A few tweaks (some have already been mentioned I know).

Dropping the two centre mids to dmc - only really use this against the big boys.
Set wingbacks too defensive - use this as standard now.
Make sure both centre mids are set to defence.

Shouts

I started using these the tail end of last season and have been using these in every game since;-

Retain possession
Drop deeper

This is the best tactic I've used so far keep up the good work veez!!

Great tactic worked well enough at the start but then I think the AI got used to it!!

A few tweaks (some have already been mentioned I know).

Dropping the two centre mids to dmc - only really use this against the big boys.
Set wingbacks too defensive - use this as standard now.
Make sure both centre mids are set to defence.

Shouts

I started using these the tail end of last season and have been using these in every game since;-

Retain possession
Drop deeper

This is the best tactic I've used so far keep up the good work veez!!

thanks mate! yes the AI does seem to catch up to you after a while. who are you playing with and what results have you had? yes, i fiddled with those changes too from time to time, however, setting the wing-backs to defensive hinders the offensive ability of the team, unless you want to defend a result. if you want them to keep their composure more often against opposing winers, bring down their closing down. that way you can have the best of both worlds! :)

i've got some time on my hands at work, i've been reading up on total football and and the dutch approach to the game in 1974. thinking of trying to recreate it when i have some time to play FM again. that will probably be my next project. but keep posting results and feedback please! if i can release an improved version of this tactic i will.

cheers!

hi veez first off this is a great tactic i started a new game with QPR and its got me punching well above my weight i won all my friendlies with ease then lost 5-1 on the opening day to united which is ok then i went on a run of 4 wins 3 draws including a 4-2 win against chelsea but i have now hit a dip i am currently on a 5 game losing streak.what i was wondering is what do you do to try and combat the dip in form

hi veez first off this is a great tactic i started a new game with QPR and its got me punching well above my weight i won all my friendlies with ease then lost 5-1 on the opening day to united which is ok then i went on a run of 4 wins 3 draws including a 4-2 win against chelsea but i have now hit a dip i am currently on a 5 game losing streak.what i was wondering is what do you do to try and combat the dip in form

try entering games with a more defensive mentality, trying to hit teams on the counter. also try to talk to your players and motivate them as morale is probably low. also try to identify where your team has failed when conceding goals, are they isolated mistakes, is your d-line too high, did you forget to man mark, poor team talk, etc; if you identify the root of the problem, it will be that easier to solve! before knowing what is going wrong, you'll be shooting in the dark.

good luck mate, and let me know if u need more help

try entering games with a more defensive mentality, trying to hit teams on the counter. also try to talk to your players and motivate them as morale is probably low. also try to identify where your team has failed when conceding goals, are they isolated mistakes, is your d-line too high, did you forget to man mark, poor team talk, etc; if you identify the root of the problem, it will be that easier to solve! before knowing what is going wrong, you'll be shooting in the dark.

good luck mate, and let me know if u need more help

the goals seem to come from crosses and they just tap it in also do you select your defenders to man mark the oppsition strikers before every game as i havent done this maybe that would be a good idea

thanks mate! yes the AI does seem to catch up to you after a while. who are you playing with and what results have you had? yes, i fiddled with those changes too from time to time, however, setting the wing-backs to defensive hinders the offensive ability of the team, unless you want to defend a result. if you want them to keep their composure more often against opposing winers, bring down their closing down. that way you can have the best of both worlds! :)

i've got some time on my hands at work, i've been reading up on total football and and the dutch approach to the game in 1974. thinking of trying to recreate it when i have some time to play FM again. that will probably be my next project. but keep posting results and feedback please! if i can release an improved version of this tactic i will.

cheers!

Surprisingly setting the wingbacks to defensive did'nt seem to hamper attacking play whatsoever but again after a season I seemed to have lost momentum.

With Liverpool I managed to win the Prem and CL league and came close with both a season later.

I've started a new save now The FM moneybags challenge so I'll keep you posted to how I'm doing with this tactic!!

Using your tactic mate, it's working overall well, but i can't win against the lower level teams? :P i am wolves aswell!

NEW VERSIONS FOR PATCH 13.1.3 RELEASED

READ BOTTOM OF OPENING POST

Using your tactic mate, it's working overall well, but i can't win against the lower level teams? :P i am wolves aswell!

try the new version mate, you'll hammer the lower teams now! :D guaranteed!!

Surprisingly setting the wingbacks to defensive did'nt seem to hamper attacking play whatsoever but again after a season I seemed to have lost momentum.

With Liverpool I managed to win the Prem and CL league and came close with both a season later.

I've started a new save now The FM moneybags challenge so I'll keep you posted to how I'm doing with this tactic!!

how's it doig mate? try out the new versions, i'm very vonfident about them, they've brought me the best results so far since the new patch!

im trying to change the title of my thread but it sint working, can anyone help me out?

DONE! :D

thanks Raikan!

Last edited:
anyone give it a go yet? let me know!!! got sh*t all do do at work...

Just firing up a new 'journeyman' save now :) will give your tactic a go hope its the premier tactic ive been looking for will post my results mate

Back