Since 19.1.4 both of these tactics have stopped working for me. Conceding pathetic goals from open play, and even with the two striker formation I'm getting no goals from open play. Honestly, I'm getting tired of this year's match engine pretty quickly. The matches it produces most of the time are unrealistic, error strewn nonsense.

Since 19.1.4 both of these tactics have stopped working for me. Conceding pathetic goals from open play, and even with the two striker formation I'm getting no goals from open play. Honestly, I'm getting tired of this year's match engine pretty quickly. The matches it produces most of the time are unrealistic, error strewn nonsense.

No idea why its not working for you, its a miracle for me this save:

View attachment 30181

Yeah its something I've struggled with too. I see Guido has a defensive corner set-up on strikerless if you want to give it a try. I don't mind conceding those goals though when I'm averaging 2-4 goals a game scored.

I played some games today using the two striker tactic with attacking mentality, not very attacking. For me at least, it works a lot better.

If you play 1 striker version against bigger teams do you still use very attacking mentality or back to positive? No oi's for either version?
I love this tactic, i'm 1st season in serie a with pescara and i have a pretty **** team, terrible centre backs & basically no strikers but i'm getting by thanks to midfielders. I'm same as others with conceding from set pieces but i'm tinkering with that slowly slowly. If i play original version i dont score( at all 15 in 27 matches) but i have only conceded 9. Don't really have enough strikers to play 2 of them at the moment.

If you play 1 striker version against bigger teams do you still use very attacking mentality or back to positive? No oi's for either version?
I love this tactic, i'm 1st season in serie a with pescara and i have a pretty **** team, terrible centre backs & basically no strikers but i'm getting by thanks to midfielders. I'm same as others with conceding from set pieces but i'm tinkering with that slowly slowly. If i play original version i dont score( at all 15 in 27 matches) but i have only conceded 9. Don't really have enough strikers to play 2 of them at the moment.

I use very attacking constantly. I never switch it.

i'm gonna give this a go with my Dortmund save, 3rd season. just having to make up my mind wether i want this tactic, or if i want Sancho, Pulisic and Bruun Larsen... :-(((((
well, i tried this for my first match, 7-2 home against Mainz, with the 2 striker version - conceded goals: first, a stunner from 30meters, second: a corner..

i'm gonna give this a go with my Dortmund save, 3rd season. just having to make up my mind wether i want this tactic, or if i want Sancho, Pulisic and Bruun Larsen... :-(((((
well, i tried this for my first match, 7-2 home against Mainz, with the 2 striker version - conceded goals: first, a stunner from 30meters, second: a corner..

Yup that's generally the way! You mainly concede from set pieces, or insane long efforts.

Nowhere near the joy mentioned here

I'm am playing with KOLN same tactics same roles same everything and loosing every other game - so frustrating.

Players are far more suited to the roles than a lot of those portrayed in tactics here, have no idea why this is not working.

How are you handling training and in-game shouts? I do training every single week, always tactics once or twice a week and try to cover all aspects over the month. Shout wise its always demand more/show more passion, then praise if we're 3 goals up or more. Praise best performers/best in training so to build quick bonds with players.

Tactic in all three slots.

Last edited:
Harrycarrie do you just stick with 2 striker formation now? I keep trying to make my own or move to the 2 striker one but your original keeps getting better and better!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk