6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

Been using your tactic with Juventus for half a season so far here are my results.

Sold a few strikers and signed Baines for 30m, playing ok but too many 0-0 draws and have been out-classed twice by Real Madrid in the Champions league.

Been using your tactic with Juventus for half a season so far here are my results.

Sold a few strikers and signed Baines for 30m, playing ok but too many 0-0 draws and have been out-classed twice by Real Madrid in the Champions league.

This doesn't seem too bad to me? You have 5 goals against in the league so far and 19/25 clean sheets. I realise playing this way is not for everyone though. You will get some 0-0 draws with this tactic but hey, that is one point :)

This doesn't seem too bad to me? You have 5 goals against in the league so far and 19/25 clean sheets. I realise playing this way is not for everyone though. You will get some 0-0 draws with this tactic but hey, that is one point :)
yes I think this tactic would be great in a league where you only get 2 points for a win, I dont know if any league's are still like that.

Starting a new save and carefully watching my own match preparation and player selection for a improved write-up tomorrow. A lot of these things go on auto pilot. Picked Newcastle :) I will answer any questions/comments tomorrow again.

I am in a bit of doubt.
I usually like a tactic wich scores 100+ goals, but yet there is something apealing about this tactic.
I am in my 11' season with Man City, and have tried this for the last 4 games, with a record of 4W 0D 0L 9GF 1GA, wich isn't bad at all.
But now it is now the 28'th of august, and I have to decide if I should sell my pretty good regen strikers, or go back to the old tactics wich have brought me 8 PL championships in a row... and I would love to get 10 in a row ;)
My team isn't totally build for this tactic and I would have to buy some more fullbacks and wingbacks.
I really like the tactic, but I really like my strikers too...

Nice thread and OP Shyftyy. Wish I had the same creative thinking that you do. I too love the defensive tactics and would rather win 1-0 then 3-2. I will give this a go in the Portuguese league. If anything, this sounds like a perfect last 15-mins shut up shop routine. (H)

Nice thread and OP Shyftyy. Wish I had the same creative thinking that you do. I too love the defensive tactics and would rather win 1-0 then 3-2. I will give this a go in the Portuguese league. If anything, this sounds like a perfect last 15-mins shut up shop routine. (H)

Deixem jogar o Mantorras!!

Sorry had to do that :D

Followed your insructions and won 0-3 against Lyon. Really good work, congratz

I am in a bit of doubt.
I usually like a tactic wich scores 100+ goals, but yet there is something apealing about this tactic.
I am in my 11' season with Man City, and have tried this for the last 4 games, with a record of 4W 0D 0L 9GF 1GA, wich isn't bad at all.
But now it is now the 28'th of august, and I have to decide if I should sell my pretty good regen strikers, or go back to the old tactics wich have brought me 8 PL championships in a row... and I would love to get 10 in a row ;)
My team isn't totally build for this tactic and I would have to buy some more fullbacks and wingbacks.
I really like the tactic, but I really like my strikers too...

Hey Schreiber,

As much as I want you to test my tactic , I don't want you to mess up a good save in case it goes wrong. Remember, that this is a work in progress and it can seem quite erratic at moments. Go for your 10 wins and test it with a new game after that :)

Oh sorry, Mike. I missed this post yesterday. I am at work at the moment but will upload it later tonight. The individual training is basically to train everybody in the role they would play. This can mean taking a look at wingers and putting them on a wing back training or in the Advanced Playmaker Attack spot.

I really like the idea of this tactic. Is there anyone who tried this tactic in combination with a possesion tactic where you score a lot of goals.

With this tactic I see a club like Real Madrid making counters against clubs like Barca. But Real Madrid also plays attacking dominating football in matches. And they also switch between tactics in the match depending the scoreline or other factors.

I will give this a try and will use it in a rotation with some other tactics. I will let you know how it works for me.

I really like the idea of this tactic. Is there anyone who tried this tactic in combination with a possesion tactic where you score a lot of goals.

With this tactic I see a club like Real Madrid making counters against clubs like Barca. But Real Madrid also plays attacking dominating football in matches. And they also switch between tactics in the match depending the scoreline or other factors.

I will give this a try and will use it in a rotation with some other tactics. I will let you know how it works for me.

Please do! :)

Great Kezza! Thanks for keeping the testing going. I will update the main post with training/match preparation etc.

Last edited:
2 games in with Tottenham and its looking reall good already. Two 1-0 wins over Arsenal at home and Swansea away and watching the game on key either team I have played against havent had a highlight against me

2 games in with Tottenham and its looking reall good already. Two 1-0 wins over Arsenal at home and Swansea away and watching the game on key either team I have played against havent had a highlight against me

Great stuff! I suggest watching the games in Extended though. Full will make your eyes bleed but just Key makes you miss certain aspect of the field play. Thank you for testing and please keep the updates coming :)

I have now updated the main post with some findings from testing and some extra hints and tips. All the new information is highlighted in blue!