6-2-2-0 Counter: A Hypothesis (Work in Progress)

I think I have to agree with everyone in that this tactic needs very specific players it seems, I was testing with Liverpool (no signings due to 0 transfer budget) andI was either drawing 0-0 every game or losing 1-0 or winning 1-0 (more often losing/drawing). Could be great as proven with the right players though.

Thank you. Who are you playing with?

guernsey in the blue sqaure south not buying any 1 going with kids that got us all the way to the blue sqaure prem but went down but my team is good to win the league im in but not too good for this tac it looks like but will keep going see what happens

Interesting: Just compared Messi from Barcelona and Pearson from Bristol City. They both have a run with ball PPM . Xavi and Kilkenny (Bristol City) have the same Dictate tempo and Pass rather than score PPM's, Perhaps these are essential for the attacking play of the tactic.

I think I have to agree with everyone in that this tactic needs very specific players it seems, I was testing with Liverpool (no signings due to 0 transfer budget) andI was either drawing 0-0 every game or losing 1-0 or winning 1-0 (more often losing/drawing). Could be great as proven with the right players though.

It looks like this is the case and I am investigating it further. I just compared the Advanced Playmaker Attack from Barcelona and Bristol city and obviously the Bristol ones are worse but they seem to have nearly the same PPM's

guernsey in the blue sqaure south not buying any 1 going with kids that got us all the way to the blue sqaure prem but went down but my team is good to win the league im in but not too good for this tac it looks like but will keep going see what happens

Ok, thank you. This tactic is extremely heavy on the stamina so it may not be the best for every league and it seems it requires specific players.

Could one of you please check how many stars your players have for their roles. After training all my players in Bristol City are around 3.5 stars so it could be that this is vital as well in order to make it consistent

Certainly hope so. Give it a go! It seems a bit erratic at the moment due to the ppm's and attributes of different players which I will ook further into.

I will play with:
De gea
Walker, Jones, regen CB, regen FB
Regen WB, Regen DMC, Regen DCM, Bale
Wilshere, Oxlade Chamberlain.

What do you think?

Could one of you please check how many stars your players have for their roles. After training all my players in Bristol City are around 3.5 stars so it could be that this is vital as well in order to make it consistent

How you that?

I will play with:
De gea
Walker, Jones, regen CB, regen FB
Regen WB, Regen DMC, Regen DCM, Bale
Wilshere, Oxlade Chamberlain.

What do you think?

It looks okay but I am not 100% on the wilshire oxlade combination as neither of them is a pure passer. As you can read above the things my Bristol City and Barcelona Advanced playmakers have in common is that one has run PPM's and the other pass PPM's.

How you that?

You can either do report -squad depth and choose the 3rd tab for role overview or go into each player individually and check the position screen and choose the role they are supposed to have. I am just looking trying to find commonalities between my 2 successful saves. Pearson for example has 3 stars as adv. playmaker attack but functions much better because he has a run with ball PPM.

It looks okay but I am not 100% on the wilshire oxlade combination as neither of them is a pure passer. As you can read above the things my Bristol City and Barcelona Advanced playmakers have in common is that one has run PPM's and the other pass PPM's.

Also have Cleverly and that youngster from Everton, don't remember the name right now

Also have Cleverly and that youngster from Everton, don't remember the name right now

Try to take a look at their PPM's (under information) and see if you can pick a passer and a runner.

Try to take a look at their PPM's (under information) and see if you can pick a passer and a runner.

Can you say the name of the PPM properly. i have my game in Portuguese and i found many times that the translation is hard.

ah sorry.

The passer: Looks for the pass rather than attempting to score + Dictates tempo (Looks para o passe ao invés de tentar marcar' + dita ritmo) (google translate :) ) [h=2]
The runner: Runs with ball often (
Corre com a bola muitas vezes)[/h]
The portuguese is just me trying to help out , I am sure you can find something similar and more grammatically correct :D

I'll try and get Cabaye to learn to Dictate the tempo and to look for the pass. Ben arfa already likes to Run With Ball Often.

Interested to see if it has any affect!

Last 5 games I've had 4 wins and a draw, got manager of the month for december!

I'll try and get Cabaye to learn to Dictate the tempo and to look for the pass. Ben arfa already likes to Run With Ball Often.

Interested to see if it has any affect!

Last 5 games I've had 4 wins and a draw, got manager of the month for december!

Awesome Mike. Glad to see it's starting to pay off slowly but surely.