6 years, 6 Promotions and no cheats :) all With AFC Wimbledon

And your back on top again what is the media prediction? 1st? :p

hope you will win it this time :D

it's looking good. hopefully if you ggo up youll be prepared for the big boys and can stay up and consolidate.

Hmm you've had a great second month but you could shore up your defence a bit unless you like playing Pep Gaurdiola style

Well done mate, a great achievement, and honestly, this is what the game is all about. Hats off to you.(H)

Hmm you've had a great second month but you could shore up your defence a bit unless you like playing Pep Gaurdiola style

im guessing you mean "score one more than the opposition" style, yeah it is :p will have to chnage next season I think but for now should do well thank for the comments as well :)

I would be proud of that if that was me

I would do it but no spare time :D

OCTOBER

Five games this month and all were big big games, against oppostion who we knew would be tough opponents regardless of form and league postion. Thier were no new injury worries this month so we had a full squad so if we didnt perform in these games we had no-one to blame but ourselves.

WEST BROM 1-1 AFC WIMBLEDON- MOSALMAN
We would have taken a draw at the start of this game as West Brom had just appointed Metzelder as manager and were on a high after winning the previous two games. However the fact that the equaliser came in the last minute of injury time is gutting. Mosalman scored a great goal and was a welcome one in a game dominated by the midfield so a draw maybe a fair result but still a hard pill to swallow.

AFC WIMBLEDON 4-2 SHEFF UTD- KNOWLES O.G, MOSALMAN, CARROLL (2)
Back to winning ways and a great performance to go with it, even if it did include throwing away a two goal lead. We were in front as early as the 13th minute as a great cross from Lawrence wasn't dealt with by Knowles who put it into his own net. That was pretty much all that happened in the first half as chances were few and half between for both teams, but the second half started with a bang. A deep cross by David Pearce was headed on by Carroll, who must have been at least 25 yards from goal, and somehow flew over the top of the keeper into the net a great fluke. We then proceeded to give Sheff Utd a chance by gifting them two goals in 5 minutes, but a great powerful strike by Carroll on 58 minutes and a header from Mosalman on 66 minutes secured the win we deserved.

CARLISLE 1-3 AFC WIMBLEDON- CAMPBELL O.G, CARROLL, LAWRENCE
A good performance to follow last weeks win. We went in front due to another own goal almost a carbon copy of the one in the previous game, but once again we were pegged back. However after the break their was only ever one team in the game and domintaed possesion and turned it into goals. Carroll kept his goal scoring streak going and Lawrence scored a great goal from 20 yards out.

AFC WIMBLEDON 0-1 BOLTON
One of those games where you do everything possible to score a goal and win the match but it just doesn't happen for you on the night. We dominated everything from possesion down to throw ins but we missed far too many chances, but the real killer in this game was the fact Bolton had one chance, one shot on target and they scored it, and just to rub salt into the wounds the goal came from a mistake by Ruud which allowed Wilshire to score.
Oh and by the way it was a Penalty.
Really annoyed. :mad:

SOUTHAMPTON 2-0 AFC WIMBLEDON
Mistakes are becoming infuriating and just to add to this to not being able to get a single shot on target, despite having 15 attempts at goal during the game, makes it more infuriating. First it was Pearce, the replacement for Ruud, he gifted possesion to Thomson who flew down the right flank and Kearney punished us with a volley from the edge of the box. The second came in last 10 minutes as we pushed for the equaliser and were caught on the counter. This was our second defeat in a row and also the second game running where we have failed to score. We need to pick ourselves and fast.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH- ANDY CARROLL - Once again he has put in some terrific performance and this month he has scored some great goals and crucial ones, didnt play in last two games of the month due to a niggly injury. So hopefully his return will help turn around the lack of goals and form.

The League Table

good stuff mate, might give Wimbledon a go myself, just wondering where all the money came from in the 2013/14 season, you must have a really generous board :p:O £12million's quality

good stuff mate, might give Wimbledon a go myself, just wondering where all the money came from in the 2013/14 season, you must have a really generous board :p:O £12million's quality

Was from the promotion was unexpected like they also spent 15 million on a new stadium, i wasn't complaining like

Great achievements danny and this thread has been a great read and has inspired me to give LLM a go. can anyone suggest a team/challege? i was thinking about trying my local team - Colchester Utd, who are in league 1.

Great achievements danny and this thread has been a great read and has inspired me to give LLM a go. can anyone suggest a team/challege? i was thinking about trying my local team - Colchester Utd, who are in league 1.

good challenge i tried it and lost to leeds in the play-off final :(

btw if you do take that look for artman ( or something like that ) plays for werder bremen reserves get him for 180k hes class

but you need a keeper i'd suggest jason brown on loan if you can get him

good challenge i tried it and lost to leeds in the play-off final :(

btw if you do take that look for artman ( or something like that ) plays for werder bremen reserves get him for 180k hes class

but you need a keeper i'd suggest jason brown on loan if you can get him

:D i might make a thread about it :) cheers for the advice.

Wow that's made want to challenge myself to do that! Any BSN or BNS teams people can recommend?

Glad to hear that mate is what i hoped to do really. By the way I know their hasn't been much updates recently i have been sidetracked with my Lazio game :p will update tonight though :)

?hat tactic are you using please tell me?

The belated November Month :p

Ok due to my two games of not scoring and therefore not winning I decided to change the tactics slightly gone are the gung ho days of AFC WImbledon we will be going for a structured attacking formation which doesn't leave us as exposed at the back. The new tactic will be below.

So now that you are in the know on with the results.

PRESTON 0-5 AFC WIMBLEDON- CARROL (2), GBEMIE (2), LAWRENCE
When a manager makes a change to tactics you would expect it to take a few games to click wouldn't you? The answer is yes but we bucked that trend played like a Premiership team. We started this game running, sprinting in fact with 3 goals in the first 20 minutes and being 4 up at half time. It was good to see Carrol back on the scoresheet, it was good to score to be honest. A clean sheet was also pleasing as we looked more assured at the back. Stand out performer in this match had to be Lawrnce to go with his goal he had 3 assists which was a monumental effort a great result!!!

AFC WIMBLEDON 3-0 Q.P.R- ZEMAN (2) MERIDA
Another good team performance, and once again nice to keep a clean sheet against one of our promotion rivals. The game was one in the first half as the new mean defence was hardly giving anything away allowed Zeman to score two identical goals within 5 minutes of another, they were created by that man Lawrence again. Merida wrapped it up with 15 minutes to go and we had a big result. A sour note was an injury for Carroll in the first half but it turned out not to be too serious which was relief as Ebanks-Blake has been misfiring of late and didn't fancy having him in for the Xmas run in.

AFC WIMBLEDON 1-1 HULL- ZEMAN
This was a massive game as we came into it we were top by virture of goal difference and Hull were third a point behind us. Being at home we needed to take the game to them and the run off good from looked like continuing as on 9 minutes Zeman curled in a peach of a shout from 25 yards out to send the crowd wild. The euphoria was short lived however as 5 minutes later Barbosa cancelled out our goal with a superb solo effort taking it past half the team before ramming it into the net. The game then became a bit loose and drab, but the game sparked into life once again when in the last 5 minutes both teams thought they one the game. First came Hulls golden chance from the spot which was superbly saved by Labourdette and from that save down to the other end a superb counter attack was finished off by Ebanks-Blake only for a foul to given for pushing which left the lads and myself infuriated but nonethelss a draw good and fair result.

(LC) AFC WIMBLEDON 0-1 CHELSEA
Coming up against the team you rejected to manage in the summer gives you the extar insentive, if you needed it that is, to beat them. However it was not to be on this day against a very strong Chelsea team. We were unlucky at times that Cech was in inspired form but for everytime we threatened the Chelsea goal they threatened ours three times more. So upset to be ou the cup but not discouraged their are bigger fish to fry after all.

SWANSEA 0-3 AFC WIMBLEDON- CAMPOLI (2), TREACY
People always say take your chances and you will win games well that statement was true for this match, if we looked at the stats of the game not knowing the score and seen our 4 shots on target compared to Swansea's 17 it would be safe to assume we would not have won this comfortably, but that is how it turned out. Two great headers fro Campoli the first from a corner the other from a free-kick helped us into a two goal half-time lead, and a late solo goal from Treacy sealed the points, in the biggest steal since Chantelle won Celebrity Big Brother.

PLYMOUTH 1-1 AFC WIMBLEDON- BEEVERS
A tricky game as Plymouth were on a good run of form and we also had to come from behind in this match as we conceded early on due to a bad mistake from Gwinnet as he gifted the ball away on the edge of the box to Wade Small who rounded Labourdette with ease. We weren't behind for long though as Beevers managed to scramble in the ball five minutes later after Lawrence had hit the bar from a corner. The game was end to end but neither team could convert chances and the draw ended up being the fair result.

AFC WIMBLEDON 3-0 BARNSLEY- TREACY, CARROLL, DAWSON
A great way to end the month, it summed up our month great attacking foootball and most importantly a clean sheet. We broke through a resilient Barnsley team on the half hour mark after a great volley from Treacy and after that we had a free pass into their penalty area and we should and could ahve been 4 or 5 up by half time but poor finishing and good saves from thier keeper kept it at 1. The second half continued in the same manner until in the 80th minute a curling shot from Carroll found the top corner, then with two minutes to go a close range header from Dawson after a great run and cross by Bodde selaed the win and ended a great month.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH- ALESSIO CAMPOLI- The centre back has had a massive month he has been main reason to tighting up of the defence and has weighed in with a goal or two. He is best signing i have made for in the job and he was free which makes it all the sweeter.

The League Table after November

Last edited:
good to see your still keeping this up.