6 years, 6 Promotions and no cheats :) all With AFC Wimbledon

March
We had some very big games in this month we had Bolton who were pushing for the playoffs and just before we played them they had thrashed Preston 7-1 (maybe he will get sacked like Gunn :p). We also had Hull who at the time of the game were second. One signing was made on loan a regen right winger Robert Parkinson to act as cover and challenge Liam Lawrence for the first team slot. On with the games..

BOLTON 1- 3 AFC WIMBLEDON-ZEMAN (2), CARROLL
A tough game away at the Reebok that we prevailed in. We fell behind to a David Clarkson goal in the first 10 minutes and we were looking rocky, but on 25 minutes Zeman turned on his magic. First he grabbed the equaliser with a great curling shot from outisde the box, then 2 minutes later he was able to latch on to a great through ball by Dawson and slot it past the keeper. The goals were completed when Carroll volleyed superbly into the top corner from a throw in. Great result.

AFC WIMBLEDON 1-0 SOUTHAMPTON- CAMPOLI
A comfortable win we managed to grab the goal within the first 5 minutes from a corner and a thumping header by Campoli. We were hanging on with 5 minutes to go but we never in any real danger of not getting the 3 points here

HULL 0- 3 AFC WIMBLEDON- EBANKS-BLAKE (3)
A big big game for the lads here. With games coming quick and fast the season is drawing ever closer and if you want to get promoted you need to win your big games against the teams around you. Hull were 7 points behind at the satrt of this game and sat in 2nd place so a win here would grealty improve our chances of an instant return to the Premiership. The game started and it was a tight affair with Hull maybe being the better of the two sides. The first half ended goaless and Hull testing the keeper just as the whistle went with a great effort by Tom Kilbey. Hull started the 2nd half as they end the first and we were yet to trouble their keeper, until an inspired change. Zeman was not pulling his weight and came Ebanks-Blake, who had spent a few weeks in the reserves due to his poor performances previously. It only took him 5 minutes to put those performances behind him as he latched on to a greta through ball from Carroll and smashed the ball into the net. Things got better on 80 minutes when a long clearance was chased down by Blake and he managed to get their before the out rushing keeper and cooly slot the ball home, his hat-trick goal came on 87 minutes when great build up play left him with an open goal to secure a return to form for himself but more importantly 3 priceless points for his club.

AFC WIMBLEDON 3-1PRESTON- CARROLL, MCINDOE, PARKINSON
A game we expected to win but not as easy as it was. We started like a house on fire and were 2-0 up in the first 15 minutes as Preston coul not handle our pass and move game. Both goals were finished superbly after crosses from Treacy. Joe Garner pulled one back for Preston but a red card for Ian Black extingushed any chance of their comeback. The third came from the loan signing Parkinson with a cool finish after a cross into the box, he got the MOM award to go with his first senior goal.

Q.P.R 0-0 AFC WIMBLEDON
A frustrating came as we carved out no fewer than 7 clear cut chances but just could not stick the ball in the goal. We remain undefeated for the month though so not too bad and is another point away from home.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH- SYLVAN EBANKS-BLAKE- He returned to the team with a bang, i will admit i have not always been his biggest fan as this season he has been very poor but in this new system he has excelled. After his 3 goals he has linked up well with Carroll and has got 2 assists.

LEAGUE TABLE AFTER MARCH

Last edited:
nice to see this story is back up and running.

quality work.

APRIL & MAY
As this month approached we knew that if we could win our games we would be promoted. So in the words of Alex Ferguson its squeaky *** time. Also as their was only one game in May i thought i would but the two months together. Here are the matches then...

BARNSLEY 0-1 AFC WIMBLEDON- CAMPOLI
Bottom against top, a percieved walk in the park. Its how it was build up but not how the game played out. The game was scrappy and Barnsley created more chances and an outsider looking in would find it hard to believe we were top of the league. We managed to ****** the lead on the 56 minutes from a corner with that man again Campoli on the end of it. We held on too the lead as the P word got ever closer.

AFC WIMBLEDON 2-0 SWANSEA- RUBEN RAMOS (2)
"WE ARE PREMIER SAY WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE", the chant from the fans rang out with 5 minutes to go and carried on at least half an hour after the finalk whistle. This win coupled Hull losing meant we made an immediate return to the promised land. Ruben Ramos, back in the team took is chance brillinatly firstly by diverting a cross by Carroll into the goal. Then is second a hopeful ball into the box from wide caught the keeper unawares and flew into the top corner. Bring on the Premiership XD.

AFC WIMBLEDON 3-0 PLYMOUTH- RUBEN RAMOS, ZEMAN, CARROLL
The fans will be getting hoarse voices, no sooner had promotion been confirmed that less than a week later the AFC Wimbledon Stadium was filled with chants of, "CHAMPIONES OLE OLE OLE CHAMPIONE CHAMPIONE OLE OLE OLE". We were confident from kick off and our style of play showed that first Carroll got the party started with a great powerful finish from the edge of the box. Ramos then continued his good from with a cool finish just before half time after great work by Bodde. The goals were finished off on 82 minutes when sub Josef Zeman latched on to Lawrences cross from deep and diverted the ball past the keeper. This win also secured the only Football League title not in the trophy cabinet, now just the Barclays Premier League title is missing, hmmm.......

AFC WIMBLEDON 2-0 COVENTRY- BODDE, CARROLL
With the league wrapped up, we wanted to still end the season in style and do justice to other teams in the league. The confidence was still high and we controlled the game and Bodde managed to score a superb free kick on 36 minutes. We threatended the goal for the rest of the game and on 76 minutes Carroll powered a header into the net from a Mcindoe cross, a good team performance and Ebanks-Blake was unlucky after coming on as a sub as he hit the woodwork 4 times.

WOLVES 2-3 AFC WIMBLEDON- GBEMIE, LAWRENCE, ZEMAN
This could have been a title decider if not for our great run of games in the last two months. We took the game to Wolves and were two up within half an hour first a turn and finish from just inside the box gave Lawrence his 5th goal of the season. Then a great long shot by Gbemie doubled the lead, it was truly a stunning strike by the centre half. Our great run of clean sheets ended when Bonney somehow managed to flap the ball into his own net from a corner when under no pressure whatsoever. It satyed at 2-1 until half time and 20 minutes after until, just before he was subbed, Zeman got on to a great deep cross from Carroll and smashed the ball into the net. Their was still time for David Pearce to miss an interception and gift a goal to Ambrosini. A good away win and means the second promotion place is between Wolves, Forest and Hull going into the last day.

THE LEAGUE TABLE BEFORE THE LAST GAME
View attachment 9815

AFC WIMBLEDON 2-0 SHEFF WED- MOSALMAN, EBANKS-BLAKE
A good end to a great season. We were able to give some of the lads who have not featured as much as they would have liked this season in this game and the form of the team was not lost. First Mosalman ended his mini goal drought with a brilliant finish into the top corner. After the break Ebanks-Blake was able to lose his man and get ontot the end of a deep cross and tapped the ball into the empty net.

END OF THE SEASON
View attachment 9816

PLAYER OF THE MONTH - RUBEN RAMOS - A great return to form for the striker with goals and assits to go with his performances, although the whole team excelled themselves no more so that Bonney who was in the sticks upto and including the Wolves game.

Last edited:
END OF SEASON REVEIW
We did really well to bounce straight back from relegation and not only that but we managed to keep a good squad of players and come back as champions. Hopefully next season we can build on what has been achieved and maybe strengthen the squad so their will not be a repeat performance of two years ago. Anyway I would be interested in where you all think I need to improve my squad. Obviously you won't be able to recommend specific players as I am a few years in, but a if you could just state which postions that would be appreciated

Last edited:
lawrence looks a little aged, can he still cut it in the Premier League? How much faith do you have in grendel? Maybe look to bring some fresh legs in for the AMR position. Delivery for Carroll

How did you change the name of the Championship in the middle of the game?

Here are my movements in the summer transfer window, most of this signings are regens and have great stats and have the ability to play at the highest level and take my team to possible Premiership safety. Here are the transfers....

View attachment 9868

The eagle eyed mangers will spot a two well known signings the first Rodney Snejider and the second was a nice little marquee signing I have made this summer, Diego Buononatte. I think the fact that he is my record signing at 7.5 million and coupled with the fact that he is a well known player in the FM world shows how far AFC Wimbledon have come. Here are my regen signings Salvador, Levy, Gale and Robinson....
View attachment 9869View attachment 9870View attachment 9871View attachment 9872

Along with the challenge of staying in the Premiership I have taken my first steps into international management and the good people of Uruaguay have been kind enough to give me the managers job.

PRESS CONFERENCE

Reporter: ¿Es preocupado usted que su falta del conocimiento de Fútbol sudamericano dificultará su progreso en su nuevo trabajo?

Danny Simpson: I'm sorry I don't speak spanish

Reporter: ¿Usted no habla español? ¿Por qué ha tomado usted este trabajo cuando usted no puede hablar el idioma?

Danny Simpson: Erm.....I.....erm.....don't (shaking head)........speak.........spanish

The reporters start hurling thier papers at Simpson and he needs to be rushed out of the conference hall to avoid a mauling not a good start for the new gaffer

Last edited:
AUGUST
The new season is here we are back in the big time. Pre-season has been encouraging, we have remained undefeated throughout and scoring goals, the two most notable results were a 3-2 win over Mallorca and a 1-0 win over Benfica, a regular in European Football. The new signings seem to have settled well and we are better prepared than two years ago, the media seem to think the same as we have been tipped with heighty finish of 17th, we would take it but we no we are better than that. Only tow games in the opening month a tough opening game against Birmingham, regulars in the Prmiership these days and an even harder game away at Arsenal. Here we go...

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 1 BIRMINGHAM- CAMPOLI, BUONONATTE
A great start, if we are going to do well in this league we know we have to make our home games count and we did just that. First Bounonatte stamped his authority on the team with the corner that lead to Campoli's goal on 22 minutes. We didn't have it all our own way though as Birmingham managed to grab an equaliser 2 minutes after we had taken the lead. The game stayed level until just after the break Buononatte was able to latch on to a through ball from Carroll and grab a debut goal to go with his assist. We then managed to play the rest of the gaem out without any worries a good solid return for the boys.

ARSENAL 1 - 1 AFC WIMBLEDON- MERIDA
Merida was desperate to play this game as he not yet played against is former team and he did brilliantly grabbing the M.O.M as well as a truly stunning goal which earned us our first ever point against Arsenal. We fell behind on 18 minutes when a missed interception by Beevers was punished by Eduardo, which goes to show mistakes at this level are so so costly. However as some of the fans were fearing the worst, Merida popped up on the edge of the box on 25 minutes and scored his screamer. We were very pleased with this result and the tweak in tactics helped no doubt, we were less attacking and reverted to 4-4-1-1 with Buononatte just behind the striker.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH - DIEGO BUONONATTE - The new signing as already settled wlll and has a goal and assist to his name already that coupled with an all action performance at Arsenal. Hoepefully he will be the difference between relegation and safety.

LEAGUE AFTER AUGUST

Last edited:
ive only started with leeds and i am not gonna do good i have a feeling but fairplay to you and goodluck

1 word, wow. I can't believe your still going, I've been following this ever since it was first posted up, and I'm amazed how far you've came, I'm currently managing West Ham on Chris22's V6 patch, there's not really much difference except from a few more players, and 9m for top half in first season, I finished 7th in the first season and got Europa League football for the next season, concentrating on bringing in new players now and hoping for 6th or higher this season, then again 7th would still be good, I hope you stay up this time, after going down before by 1 goal difference, probably the worst way possible, good luck :)

1 word, wow. I can't believe your still going, I've been following this ever since it was first posted up, and I'm amazed how far you've came, I'm currently managing West Ham on Chris22's V6 patch, there's not really much difference except from a few more players, and 9m for top half in first season, I finished 7th in the first season and got Europa League football for the next season, concentrating on bringing in new players now and hoping for 6th or higher this season, then again 7th would still be good, I hope you stay up this time, after going down before by 1 goal difference, probably the worst way possible, good luck :)

thanks mate glad people readf the thread :) yeah goal difference was sick but i wasn't ready for prem but still would have been nice to stay up

Just got promotion from BSS with AFC Wimbledon on my save, one step closer to the prem I guess lol. Keep up good work Danny :)

Danny, if ya wanna upload, just do it like you would as a pic, click on "go advanced" then click on that little paperclip thing, then click browse, and go in your tactics folder, and click on the tactic you use for your AFC Wimbledon team :)