6 years, 6 Promotions and no cheats :) all With AFC Wimbledon

I truly admire you for this mate, dedication is something I have problems with on my games, I think I'll take a note out of your book and really try to go for something special :) Keep it up man.

could never carry on a game with a low league game

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

low league team*

DECEMBER

Will start of this month by explaining my horrendous luck on the very first day of this month. I got 2 messages in my inbox the first stating that my first choice 'keeper Labourdette will be out for 6-7 weeks with a broken finger. Wasn't too worried Bonney is an able replacemnet just meant he missed the FA cup game against Man City away, I know that is unlucky as well, in January. But the next message said the exact same thing except now it was my reseve keeper Bonney.

So now I had no keeper for six weeks so quick delve into the transfer market meant the best availagle keeper on loan was Zachire Boucher from Havre Football Club. This month included a home game against 2nd in the table Wolves and a big derby game versus the scum of Milton Keynes. So now that you know that on with the results.

COVENTRY 1-2 AFC WIMBLEDON- BEEVERS, BODDE
A solid debut or Boucher he didn't keep a clean sheet but was able to limit the oppostition to a single goal. We fell behind in the opening ten minutes after a great move was started and finished by Riga with a diving header. However unerved, and due to the great form we had been showing latley, we went up the other end three minutes later and levelled the score a great header from Beevers from a Lawrence free kick. The game then became end to end, but with most shots off target and not troubling the keepers. That changed on 53 minutes when Bodde scored a stunninig volley from the edge of the box that gave the keepr no chance. With only seconds left Boucher managed to save a goal boud shot and allow the Dons victory.

AFC WIMBLEDON 2-0 WOLVES- ZEMAN, RUBEN RAMOS
This was a massive game, 1st vs 2nd. At the start of play we were four points clear and the oppositon and only conceded a measly 13 goals all season, the best in the league. In true big game fashion it was a tight affair and a scrappy affair. The first goal didn't come until the 81st minute after Zeman picked the ball up in his own half and dribbled past the Wolves defence before slotting it home. The game was sealed in injury time after breaking from a corner we were able to work the ball to Ramos who finished cooly, and sending are biggest rivals for promotion packing.

SHEFF WED 0-2 AFC WIMBLEDON- MOSALMAN, ZEMAN
Another game, another clean sheet and another win, seems we are getting the hang of this winning lark again. We never like to think we have an easy game or easy win but it is hard not to say that this was easy. We limited Wedensday to just 3 shots only one on target and we managed 60% possesion which is a great effort considering we were the away team. Mosalman opened the scoring in the first minute after a close range header and Zeman doubled the lead with a strike from just inside the box, after a great pass by Bodde, on 15 minutes. It could have been more but a mixture of poor finishing and good goalkeeping left it at two, but still a win is a win.

CRYSTAL PALACE 2-2 AFC WIMBLEDON- RUBEN RAMOS (2)
Looking at it a draw away at Palace is a good result, as it is a tough place to go to get a result. But the manner in which it happened as left us with a great belief this was two points dropped rather than one gained. We started like a house on fire, true to the beliefs of the past few games. We didn't take the lead until the half hour mark after Ramos struck from inside the 6 yard box after a scramble in the box. Then we fell asleep from a corner and with only a minute left in the half Stephen Elliott punished us. So we started the second half level when we had battered Palace, and we started the second half in the same vein and with 20 minutes left in the game we had the lead again, Ramos again sticking the ball in the onion bag. However the second hald ended the same way as the first, with 89 minutes on the clock and after a 5 minute barrage of our goal Kevin Foley managed to grab an equaliser for Palace. Frustrating but we are still unbeaten and top of the league.

AFC WIMBLEDON 2-0 CARDIFF CITY- CAMPOLI, RAMOS
Back to winning ways at home. We reconfirmed our status at the top of the league as the number one team. We were ahead after 10 minutes after Campoli, who has become unsettled due to the efforts of Mark Hughes, scored a towering header from a corner. We then dominated the game and Cardiff hardly got a sniff as they had only one shot on target. The game was sealed on the 67th minute when Ruben Ramos continued is recent scoring burst. A good win before the big derby game against MK Dons.

MK DONS 2-2 AFC WIMBLEDON- RAMOS, EBANKS-BLAKE
A game we wanted to win and should have really. Ramos continued is great run of form with a greta individual goal in the first two minutes and sent the REAL Dons fans wild. We held onto the lead as both teams seem to throw caution to the wind and go for the win the fans coveted. AS the second hald started we were still ahed but we conceded the equaliser on the hour mark as Garath McLeary cut in from the left and curled the ball into the top corner, a great goal and the momentum seemed to tilt towards MK, but with 15 minutes to go Ebanks-Blake managed to end is sseemlingly never endind goal drought with a cool finish after a parried shot by the MK keeper, we seemed o be heading for the most coveted win. However we only held the lead for 4 minutes as a local lad in the form of Sam baldock grabbed an eqauliser for MK. Not what the fans wanted but we remain udefeated in the last two months of the year and we will be taking this confidence into the new year.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH- RUBEN RAMOS- The young Spaniard has really stepped up this month with 5 goals in 5 matches, this has helped us maintain top spot.

The League Table after December

Last edited:
JANUARY

The good news here was that both keepers were back after the first game of the month, and although Boucher has done a good job Labourdette and even Bonney are in a different class to him. So we started with a tough away game at Manchester City, so on with results.

(FA CUP) MANCHESTER CITY 4-1 AFC WIMBLEDON- CARROLL
Now I feel the scoreline is misleading as we more than held our own in this game, and the main turning point came in the 5th minute when Campoli was sent off to make the impossible even harder for us. After that it was one way traffic goals wise anayway. City took the lead after 8 minutes through Moutinho, however we pulled lever 10 minutes later we felt the con was on. But those hopes were dashed with 2 goals in 3 minutes a double from Manco. Adrien completed the rout in the 88th minute, we expected to lose so nothing gained or lost, but the ref ruined a good day out.

AFC WIMBLEDON 2-0 NORWICH- GBEMIE, CARROLL
It was good to get back to winning ways after the City game, and 2-0 wins seem to becoming our specialitly which we are not complaining about obviously. Gbemie scored a from a corner on the half hour mark and in the last 10 minutes Carroll was able to wrap up the points and the win. ONe thing worth nothing in this match was the loss of Labourdette to a twisted knee, not too bad as Bonney is fit and well.

NOTTINGHAM FOREST 2-1 AFC WIMBLEDON- BODDE
This was a difficult loss to take but expected in the sense that Forest have been on the up in recent weeks. We fell behind after 8 minutes following a spell of constant pressure as Andy Keogh was able to skip past the defnce and score past Bonney. We were then two down on 20 minutes and looking in danger of getting a real thumping. However after thier second goal we seemed to buck our ideas and put abit pressure bck on them and on 43 minutes Bodde curled in a stunning shot to get us back in the game just before half time. In the second half it was end to end as both teams looked for the next cruical goal, but it never came with Zeman coming closet as he hit bar and post at the same time. A bad defeat and cu our lead at the top down to 2 ahead of Wolves.

AFC WIMBLEDON 2-1 COLCHESTER- MOSALMAN (2)
Another show of our boncebacability skills after a defeat. We dominated proceedings and got are rewards with a greta goal from Mosalman, restored to the starting XI after some stand out performances for the reserves. The game stayed at one up until the hour mark when Mosalman grabbed his second of the game with powerful finish from inside the box. We were made to sweat when Marcos Acton grabbed a goal from a corner but otherwise a comfortable win.

READING 1-1 AFC WIMBLEDON- RUBEN RAMOS
This will probably be the only time we would be over the moon with a draw, in all fairness we didn't deserve anything form this caem we outplayed, out fought and manouvered and it seemed like we didn't want the win as badly as our opponents. We fell behind from a Daryl Murphy goal after 34 minutes, and this was their 8th shot on target so as you can imagine it was coming. But then we some how manged to muster an attack from nowhere and got the equaliser right on half time. The second half wa the same as the first one way traffic and we came closet to getting the third goal of the game when in the 88th minute Bodde struck the post with a set-piece, it would have been daylight robbery if we had one this one, so a draw a fair result in a way.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH - LIAM LAWRENCE- He chipped in with a few assists and does alot of work down the wing he may be getting on but still vital part of the team, and hopefully as one more season in the top flight if we get there that is.

The League table after January

Nice, are you still playing this man?

where u get the 12m to spend in the championship? notice you never sold anyone for any cash? i am a sceptic thats all ;)

Gotta say hat off to you mate, it has been a great read this thread, hope u all the best with the team, i'm sure you will get promoted again, it has made me like a couple of other people look into the possibility of being a lower league club.
Well done again.

Nice story danny, enjoyed your season in the prem, cant wait for your next one!!!

great work Danny, i could never keep playing with the same team for that long

February

We are back :). We are in Feb and will be updating you with the latest four games in this month. Thier was no injury worries for the squad and we were entering the closing months of the season. Anyway on with the results.

AFC WIMBLEDON 2-1 SCUNTHORPE- CAMPOLI, GBEMIE
A good start to the month with comfortbale win, Scunthorpes goal did not come until late in the second half and all though bit nervy at the end we prevailed. It was nice for the two centre halfs to get on the scoresheet with Campolis coming form a corner and Gbemie from a free kick pumped into the box. We are enterting the real tasy part of the season now and we need to hold our nerve.

LEICESTER 3-2 AFC WIMBLEDON- MOSALMAN, TREACY
A poor performance we never up to it in this game we were second best all day long. We only got together to start playing after the 3rd had went in and by then it was too late, and both goalscoreres were substitions. Two down by half time both Matty Fryatt goals, sloppy defending cost us here. Mosalman scored with a geat diving header and Treacy bamboozled the defence with a run to grab a brilliant goal but by then we were already 3-0 down and although we may have snatched a draw it would have been undeserved.

AFC WIMBLEDON 0-0 CARLISLE- Big changes occured ahead of this game as we changed the whole shape of the team and dropped the 4-4-2 formation and went with a new 4-2-3-1 formation using the sole man up front as a target man. We dominated possesion and created a number of chances and if not for the brilliance of their keepr we would have won this game. A disappointing result considering the opposition were 2nd bottom nonethelss a clean sheet so very cloud.....

AFC WIMBLEDON 2-0 WEST BROM- CARROLL, ZEMAN
Another solid performance from the lads at home and better yet we managed to win this one. ALthough West Brom were struggling at the wrong end of the table, but still nonetheless dangerous oppositon. The first goal came from great work down the left by Treacy and Carroll was there to power the header home, the second was agreat finish from Zeman one on one with the keeper and we manged to stave off West Brom for another clean sheet.

SHEFF UTD 0-1 AFC WIMBLEDON- O.G. GAMBLE
A gritty game against 4th in the league and one we were very pleased to get a win out off not only does it keep us top it puts distant between us and the teams below us. The only goal of the game came when a cross from Ruud was deflected in on the hour mark by Joe Gamble we managed to keep the likes of Sharp and Henderson at bay and record another clean sheet and another win. So all in all a great month for the lads.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH- DAVID BONNEY- Has not been a starter between the sticks since Labourdette was signed but showed waht he was all about by coming back into the team and recording 3 consecutive clean sheets great efforts

The League Table after February