6 years, 6 Promotions and no cheats :) all With AFC Wimbledon

nice one mate. he must have been in inspired form to win that while being in the championship for most the time.

I applaud you danny.

nice one mate. he must have been in inspired form to win that while being in the championship for most the time.

I applaud you danny.

was completley out of the blue didn't know it was possible really tbh lol

here is screenshot of transfer in Jan, doubt will be naymore as got no cash spent full 30 illion given to me by the board

You made some excellent signing Danny, I'm faltering in league 1 atm, mid table can't seem to find cutting to push for plays offs with hampton an richmond, luckily i'm ten games, is Campoli a regen or real your doing grewat

You made some excellent signing Danny, I'm faltering in league 1 atm, mid table can't seem to find cutting to push for plays offs with hampton an richmond, luckily i'm ten games, is Campoli a regen or real your doing grewat
Cheers mate, yeah the signings were key i was able to get players that could play in the league above which was always good meant i had a backbone of a squad after each promotion. He is a real player mate plays for lazio he is amazing on mine could be down to training, and i didnt sign him until 6 seasons in so he had time to mature at Lazio which always help

JANUARY
Another hectic month that had 6 games in it, 4 in the league and two in the FA Cup. We strengthened at the back at the very start of the window with Portuguese defender Daniel Carrico and Scottish international Andy Webster; both will give extra depth and experience to the back line. We also had players leaving, first Ruben Ramos left for Atletico Madrid for £4 million then Mohan Mosalman left for a fee of £2.4 million to Wolves. Both were signings from Huddersfield the previous season and cost £625,000 in total so we turned over a profit of around 6 million which is brilliant for the club, as neither were prominent in the first team with Ramos being unsettled and Mosalman being injured for the past 4 months so in the end good business. Also this month has been dogged with constant speculation of the futures of Zeman and Campoli, both had bids accepted on behalf of the chairman from Juventus and Arsenal respectively. However both showed great loyalty and rejected the contracts on offer and stayed at the club. Anyway here are the games....

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 1 MAN CITY- ZEMAN (2)
A great start to the month with the first ever win over Manchester City. We gave debuts to Carrico at the back and later on Tomas Necid came off the bench to make winning starts to their AFC Wimbledon careers. To be honest we did not desreve this win as we created 7 chances for the team compared to Man Citys 22. We took the lead on 39 minutes when Treacys cross was brought down by Zeman on the 6 yard box and he placed the ball in the back of the net to give a lead going into half-time. We held on to the lead up until the hour mark when Manco levelled for City. The scores stayed level until the 83rd minute when Zeman rifled the ball into the top corner from 30 yards out. A great win not only for the team, but for the club

BIRMINGHAM 2 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON-ZEMAN, EBANKS-BLAKE
A gritty game which we didn't play to the best of our ability. We took the lead on 39 minutes when Zeman was brought down in the box and he stepped up and took the penalty himself and gave us the lead. It stayed like that until well after the break when on 71 minutes Ponzio levelled for Birmingham, it had been coming as their had only been one team in the game in the second half. Things got worse for us as on 78 minutes Heldar Postiga got onto the end of a long ball forward gave the home side the lead. With time running out it was down to sub Ebanks-Blake to rifle in an unstoppable shot from just inside the box. A great impact by the sub as it was only is second appearance after injury.

(FA Cup) COVENTRY 1 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON- RUBEN RAMOS, CARRICO
A comfortable game for the second string. Ramos played what turned out to be his last game for the club and he left with goal to his name. We were two up within the first half hour, first Ramos got on to the end of a Merida cross in the six-yard box, then Carrico profited from a mistake by Coventry 'keeper Westwood to score from close range. We were pegged back on 76 minutes when Corry Evans scored but we are through to the next round of the cup.

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 0 ARSENAL- ZEMAN, CARROLL
I can't tell you how undeserved this victory was. We had 2 shots in total and scored them. It was biggest smash and grab ever, we appear to have Arsenals number this season as it now makes 3 games this season with 2 wins and a draw which is something we could only have dreamt about at the start of the season. The first goal came from a simple one-two between Carroll and Zeman and Zeman finished past Almunia on 38 minutes. This came after a barrage of Arsenal pressure in the opening half hour. The norm was resumed after the goal and after the break as it jsut seemed to be a matter of time before Arsenal scored, however after a rare venture forward Carroll and Zeman linked up again with this time Carroll scoring the goal. We held on somehow and recorded a great result and moved ever closer to 40 points.

View attachment 10580

BLACKBURN 0 -3 AFC WIMBLEDON- ZEMAN, GALE, CAMPOLI
A surprisingly easy game for us as we controlled the ball from start to finish. Of course the team were high on confidence after the Arsenal result, the first goal was a great free-kick from Zeman on 25 minutes and the second followed 10 minutes later as Gale was given the chance to score form the spot after a handball by Billy Jones. We made the game safe when Campoli socred with a header from a corner on 51 minutes. we could have had more but a good performance away from home.

(FA Cup) AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 0 DONCASTER- NECID, BODDE
A game we never looked like losing and the form shown this month as been very encouraging we are really playing as a team. Bodde grabbed his first goal with a great free-kick from 30 yards out and I was pleased to see him on the scoresheet as he has been a great ambassdor for the club in the past 3 years. Necid grabbed his first goal for the afetr a greta through ball from Levy, and was nice to see him get off the mark and we hope this is the start of his goal scroring for the Dons.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH - JOSEF ZEMAN - The young wonderkid managed to put the speculation of his future behind him this month and score in every game he played, his best performance coming in the historic first win against Manchester City.

LEAGUE TABLE AFTER JANUARY
View attachment 10579

This is just amazing mate.
I take my hat off to you.
ATM i am managing luton and just got them to 0 points :D
1 point ahead are bouremouth and grimspy on 5.
Any advice coming into jan?

Aye,

Great story! Lovin it! Just a quick question. Just got promoted with Notts Co and currently im in pre-season. Using Brian Clough Tactics (the 4-4-2 one named that way). Worked really, really well in League 2 but guess I'll have to do some improvements. I acutally got a quite solid team with players as Kasper and Campbell etc. But, as I said.. mostly seem to struggle in the back. Any advice? And there are so many different Clough Tactics, not sure which one to use. Guess our squad is quite similar as well..

Well, just wondering, hehe. And again, great reading. Keep it up!

Aye,

Great story! Lovin it! Just a quick question. Just got promoted with Notts Co and currently im in pre-season. Using Brian Clough Tactics (the one named that way). Worked really, really well in League 2 but guess I'll have to do some improvements. I acutally got a quite solid team with players as Kasper and Campbell etc. But, as I said.. mostly seem to struggle in the back. Any advice? And there are so many different Clough Tactics, not sure which one to use. Guess our squad is quite similar as well..

Well, just wondering, hehe. And again, great reading. Keep it up!

Yeha my defence was always quite shaky but with the attacking nature of the clough tactic that will happen, what usually happened to me was i scored more than the opposition so it was always attack attack attack rather than get a one nil lead then defend. If you want sureing up change the mentality from attacking to just above normal making sure you don't create a gap in between you defence and midfield. And as far Notts County you prbs have more money than me as i had none in league one so just make good solid signings, go for championship standard players

Last edited:
UPDATE!!!
Ok alot has happened since the last update so will just put up some screenshots of results and scorers and the memorable matches that occured over the past few months. Would like to point out now as well we were officialy safe from relegation by the start of March, that is a huge plus for the team, here are the screenies....

View attachment 10727

View attachment 10728

View attachment 10729

View attachment 10730

View attachment 10731

WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLY FOR THE FA CUP FINAL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

great result vs man united who have u got in the final

great result vs man united who have u got in the final

cheers mate was ronaldos missed pen that changed the flow of the game like, Arsenal so not going to be easy, but i have beat Liverpool and United so far so my name is etched on the trophy maybe???

yea u deserve it if u beat united,lpool m8

good luck and i will be following:)

im sure u will give them a run for their money

btw is ur man zeman a regen?

yeah he scoring in most of ur games (i beat he scores in the final:p)