Just read through the pages a great story with some great twists and turns. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens left.

68b9fec578a1c1e7c7cbc09dfb9f82e1.png

"Old Trafford today lads, defending Champions, I want you all to enjoy it but be professional. Let's not embarrass ourselves, but remember no one expects anything today." McLeish opened up as we got ready for the Manchester United opener, we were excited. It was the Premier League it was the Champions. This was it, I hadn't been so excited going into a game for a long time. There was nerves before, but this was almost like a cup final. Nothing on an Old Firm but this was something real special.

I'd be in the middle of a 5 man midfield with Barry Ferguson and Keith Fahey, we'd hold well but a Rooney strike just before half time had us lose 1-0.

We wouldn't have the strongest of starts to the season, we'd score late against Portsmouth to win 1-0 but a tough run had us draw against Stoke then lose to my ex-Academy club in Tottenham and then Aston Villa before we set up for an away tie at Hull City.

It was early days, but we were both regarded as relegation contenders so there was a bit of an early focus on the game and a lot of the attention was on me as I set up for a return to the KC, Hull had just tossed me to the side and gave me no real chance. The home crowd enjoyed to chant about who ate all the pies but quite frankly I was fitter than almost anyone on the park. A summer of recovery had my lower left leg feel almost alright after most games and I played unbelievably in a slow 1-0 win at the KC.

I was fighting for every ball and winning every 50/50. I'd find myself directly involved with a goal finally when a scuffed shot found Gary O'Connor at the back post. Meaning, I had played 6 in the league and set up just the 1. We as a club were now on 7 points and had a bit of belief that we would find safety come the seasons end if we had some sense about us.

However, a Bolton and Burnley double that we wanted 6 points from had us lose 2 and a nasty midair collision would see me miss the next 2 games with a concussion where we'd lose to Arsenal then picked up a win after 3 against Sunderland.

b5d0b0b034aa465b74a05ad54b3be908.png

9be953ba467c513360ba976f2300a9bb.png

I'd return to the side for Manchester City at home, it would be the first of 2 tough games as we had Liverpool waiting for us too. McLeish had us working as a defensively solid team though and we scraped a 0-0 out of Manchester City before a trip to Anfield had us 2-1 up at half time through Benitez and then myself as I finally scored my first goal this season. It was crazy to score against Liverpool nevermind in front of the Kop. This was a club that were interested in a young me for so long but no bid really materialised and as one was about to come my way I opted to join Rangers and Alex McLeish, had I not done that I wouldn't have scored here and it was a real moment for me.

We wouldn't hold, and it was another point as they managed to draw 2-2. It was one more point than we expected though, this would be the start of an unbelievable run for the club but almost more importantly myself.

We'd defeat Fulham 1-0 as I grabbed a second goal, then repeat it a week later as we strutted passed Wolves 1-0. It was 3 goals in 3 and I'd go on to set up another 2 in a 3-2 win at Wigan to grab the Premier League's Player of the Month award for my 3 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. McLeish got a lot of recognition for what Birmingham were doing, and he deserved it. He had unbelievable man management skills, he'd have us all sit and really understand how we would play and match up with the opposition.

Another 2 wins would follow, I'd miss out on the Blackburn win as I needed a rest ahead of a busy Christmas schedule and of course January would follow.

Christmas day would see us almost fighting for a spot in Europe, I had now played 14 games in the league and had scored 3 and set up 4. It wasn't crazy but for a 27 year old who wasn't supposed to be decent in the league I was happy. I was raising eyebrows and Liverpool had renewed their interest.

0f28ffe49d1c3c33baec7e967ffb9b1d.png

Have been following this from the start. Went away for a few days and fell behind, just caught up....what a journey so far! Seriously, great story dude. Keep it up!

Hopefully you continue to improve in the league and prove the haters wrong!

Also...F*ck Phil Brown!

Have been following this from the start. Went away for a few days and fell behind, just caught up....what a journey so far! Seriously, great story dude. Keep it up!

Hopefully you continue to improve in the league and prove the haters wrong!

Also...F*ck Phil Brown!

Thanks a bunch buddy! Hopefully I can continue to keep the story looking alright!

1f5b84031935cd16ac6e6f4036116b53.png

"Alright, Rory. Merry Christmas and all that, how's it going?" I woke up to my phone ringing, I immediately thought it was my alarm but it was even too early for that. It was 4AM. I had to be at training for 8, we'd be given the afternoon off for Christmas Day but had to be strict with ourselves over what we consumed as we had Chelsea on Boxing Day.

"It's ******* 4 in the morning, who's this?" I got to me feet groggy, since I was up I may as well go for a quick toilet, however I was soon stopped in my tracks.

"Sorry, sorry. I forget the time difference. My name is Richard. I'm currently in the States, it's late here too but not that late!" He laughed, I repeated my earlier question with the same expletives in a grump.

"I'm a representative from Liverpool Football Club. We were looking to launch a bid for your services. Rafa Benitez is relatively excited by your work in the middle of the park. Lucas is out injured again and we could easily have you in the side." I almost had to sit down, but I was still in too much of a mood at being awoken at ****** 4 in the morning.

"Wait, you can't directly contact me. You need to go through the club first, then my agent. I have them two there for a reason. Thanks." I hung up, had a quick **** and slept. I actually didn't care Liverpool were interested. I was generally happy to be at Birmingham with Alex McLeish and Barry Ferguson. I was almost 28 and I knew I wasn't special enough to break the first team there and right now I am just happy to play football.

Couldnt sleep last night so caught up on this, was a very good read! Havent had much time to read stories and update lately, so was nice to get a good read in!

cbd7be168a224d38a9dafcfcdd7cb836.png

In the end I would refuse a move to Liverpool, on January first. The original £3,000,000 bid was rejected before the board came in and accepted a £4.5m one days later but I wasn't interested in going. McLeish wanted me to remain at the club too.

Boxing Day had us draw 0-0 with Chelsea in front of a massive home crowd, we'd win again at Stoke before I'd grab a goal at home to United to grab us a point at the Champions. However, the unbeaten run had to end eventually as we met Chelsea again in late January and we'd be dismantled and defeated 3-0. That was a 12 game run without a loss.

It then became apparent that Tottenham were interested in a move for myself at the end of January. Which was mad as they dropped me at 16 as a youngster and I have since had to claw my way back to recognition. I'd make it clear I wasn't interested, I was still happy at the club and was still enjoying my football.

We'd play another 5 as we progressed through February. I'd feature in 4, score 2 and set up another one as we won 2 and lost 3. I'd turn 28 as we set up for Portsmouth in the FA Cup Quarter Final and McLeish opted to completely change the side for freshness and we'd lose 2-0 despite having a real shot at the title as Chelsea were the only big side to progress to the final 4 and Portsmouth would miss them in the draw.

This would be where we would then see out the season in 9th, winning only 1 game after the FA Cup exit. I'd play another 5 in the league and score 3 and set up the same number.

c0dfacf362fbb7e4f55baa34a04bfa32.png

Hull would be relegated after a dismal season while Tottenham sneaked into the top four ahead of spenders Manchester City and Liverpool would just sneak in the European door ahead of their Merseyside counterparts.

I'd win Birmingham Player of the Season, I'd feature less than quite a few but my 26 games had a return of 9 goals and 7 assists in the league. I'd not feature in either cups while others did and be rested throughout the league campaign which meant I was forever playing at a high standard and never had real issues with my lower left leg.

The pains of the morning after were gone and I was over the moon to win the Player of the Year award at the club. I hadn't been close to such a thing since Aberdeen.

I'd play another 3 games for Scotland too, hitting 11 caps.

Life is good.

c66d4ca268062b2d3461f0463da660ab.png

RORY SCOTT - CAREER SO FAR

Year: 2010

Youth Years

Tottenham
Arsenal
Tottenham
Aberdeen

Professional

Aberdeen 2000/01

Rory Scott would break into the squad as a teenager playing at right back, something he had only a little bit of experience of a few years back as a schoolboy.

He'd play 19, fail to score any from right back but set up 3.

Aberdeen 2001/02

The youngster would continue to look good in the side, he'd also feature in youth set-ups for the National Side.

He'd feature in 24, score 3 and set up 9. Moving into more advanced roles, rather than just right back under Ebbe Skohvdahl.

Aberdeen 2002/03

An unbelievable start to the season had Rory Scott linked with moves to Liverpool, Rangers, Celtic and all the rest - especially with his deal at Aberdeen coming to a close. However, Skohvdahl's sacking in December and a fall out with chairman Milne had Scott out of reckoning.

He'd end up only playing 24, the majority before the turn of the year, scoring 6 and setting up 7.

Rangers 2003/04

A move to Rangers on a free caused a few Aberdeen fans to be disappointed and angry. However, Scott would develop well before a training injury had him miss the end of the year.

Playing 19, scoring 3 and setting up only 4.

Rangers 2004/05

This was a completely different year for the club and the youngster Rory Scott. McLeish would rediscover the player, having him play behind the strikers Nacho Novo and Dado Prso. In a season where the club would win the League and League Cup, Scott would also feature in his first competitive International fixture, in his 3rd cap.

Overall, he'd play 32 and score a huge 11. Setting up another 10.

Rangers 2005/06

In a poor year for the club, which would see McLeish offer Rory Scott vice-captaincy for spurring his teammates onto a league win the prior, Scott would also have his season cut due to injury. He'd also feature in the news for a bust-up with a Celtic youth player and his engagement to his now-Wife Emma Scott.

He'd score 12 in 29 and be the assist to another 5.

Celtic 2006/07

The now-25 year old would find himself in a straight switch across the Old Firm, being the first since before World War 2 to do such a thing. Joining the likes of Kenny Miller and Mo Johnstone to play for both. While he'd receive a mixed reaction, Celtic fans were most unhappy as the player has a history not only at Rangers but had a famous bust-up with Neil Lennon. Nevermind the Celtic Youth player the year before. However, a Champions League run was met with a league and Scottish Cup triumph. And marriage!

He would play 33, score 4 and set up 8.

Celtic 2007/08

It would be a year to forget for Rory Scott, he'd firstly take the armband from Neil Lennon who was off to England and with that came a lot of bad news. Fans from both sides of Glasgow had issues with him, particularly those of England and from there an opening day leg break had him out for ten months and subsequently his time at the club was over.

He would play 1.

Hull City 2008/09

Despite his lack of football the past season, Hull City would give almost £1,000,000 in an attempt to revive the career of the Scotsman. However, the club deemed him not fit enough come the start of the season and only come October would he begin to feature.

He would play 5 before being loaned off.

Birmingham City 2008/09

Alex McLeish would bring the Scotsman to his Championship club to reunite as they chased promotion. Only weeks into the deal and it looked like Rory Scott was set to move on a permanent basis in a move that would see Hull lose out on almost £600,000. Birmingham City would go up and an ecstatic McLeish would be delighted with Scott who'd feature with Scotland again finally after more than a year out.

He would play 11, score 3 and set up 5.

Birmingham City 2009/10

Rory Scott was back in the Premier League, he had played here briefly before but never a full game. He was here with a new squad, but was with Alex McLeish and Barry Ferguson again as Vice-Captain. He had many to prove wrong and did just that. He'd go on to win Birmingham's Player of the Year and a Player of the Month award as he turned down moves to Liverpool and Tottenham.

He would play 26, score 9 and set up 7 from the middle of the park.

11 caps, 1 goals

Trophy Cabinet
SPL, 2x
Scottish Cup, 1x
League Cup, 1x
Championship Promotion, 1x

Honestly, I was beginning to get worried. Emma had been 3 or 4 hours late by now and still wasn't answering her phone. I was sure she was just held up somewhere but another episode of Breaking Bad who go by and see was still not here. I was now desperately worried and calling around, Barry came along to try calm me down but it was absolutely pouring down outside and it was late.

"Sure she'll be fine, mate."

"She can't be far away now, surely?"

Knock Knock

Barry got up ahead of me to answer the door in my decent sized home just outside of the city. I came around the corner of my kitchen to see the flashing lights come through the curtains in the front room.

Barry looked back at me as we both went to answer the door.

"Mr Scott?" The shorter policeman on the right asked, both had their hands clutched in front of them in their police waterproofs. I took an awful gulp as Barry took a few steps back.

"Mrs Emma Rosie-Scott was in a car crash tonight and we are awfully sorry to inform you that she was pronounced dead on the scene. We are.."

I feel to my knees.

119aba271598f12dd615d27ea8e726ec.png

Holy ****, was not excpecting that. I presume a nose dive of form is on the horizon now!