i love this story!!! should be playing for Harchester United with all this stuff goin on :p

Good for you!

Now you can concentrate on your footballing career! :D

Nah, just kidding. This has taken a turn very very dramatically.

f83df0742eaa26814b5521275c12eb35.png

2d10f39c22150a7eaea26e6b0cf6d962.png

543bee0c2f21c66ad6ffb5fae5011d4e.png

5b35521edae4f8f35c9fdcbfc4ad4840.png

82f0a84b3acfc518ed885cc47510b4b9.png

Aahhhhh man. Here's hoping there's some good fortune in Rory's future.

e23b9632190ec687403e712accefbfb3.png

I walked through from the front room, the knocking was consecutive and after a few shouts I knew it was Alex McLeish. I pulled the door open, I hadn't contacting anyone since the funeral up in Glasgow. He looked at me sympathetically before engulfing me in a hug. We had spoke momentarily before but nothing of real not.

"We need you back at the club, Rory. I know it is hard but honestly you'll be better for it. Mentally. The club are close to cutting your wages because the allocated bereavement time was almost a month ago now and even then we expected you back earlier. I know it is hard but sitting in here won't do you any good." He spoke as we took a seat through in the kitchen. My eyes were bloodshot, I hadn't really eaten properly or anything since it happened. Barry Ferguson would be along as much as possible but football is demanding.

"What's even the date?" I said looking up to a shocked McLeish who almost laughed thinking I was joking.

"You're not joking? That's heartbreaking. It's the 13th of October. We have Arsenal this weekend and Blackpool next, if you come back tomorrow I can get you in the Blackpool side. You can do this, Rory."

Yes, YOU CAN DO THIIIS!!! DO IT RORYYY!!

7638af6b7b897bd377140ee9c5071eb7.png

1a570ab60999a784280678cc08d522a3.png

"Hello and welcome back to Sky Sports News HD, we have the teams just come in for the Birmingham City Blackpool game tonight and Rory Scott has been named in the centre of midfield along with Barry Ferguson."

"This comes after just two months since the tragic car crash that left him unfortunately without his loved one, Emma Rosie-Scott."

"Your reaction is complete shock, as you know, because Rory Scott had apparently been absent for training. A few unconfirmed photographs had him spotted at the Birmingham City training ground. We wish him all the best, we have Iain Dowie in tonight to talk us through that game and Bryn Law will be at the Aston Villa West Brom tie for us."

Nervous wasn't the word for it, I no longer cared but there was a feeling that I wasn't doing something right. I wasn't supposed to be there. McLeish gave a team talk and the backroom staff were giving me instructions but it went straight through me. Why was I here?

We'd walk out onto the pitch, the Blackpool players just looked at me unsure as to what they were supposed to say or do. We'd kick off and I'd immediately be on the ball and immediately shift it onto Barry who took a fair bit of responsibility from me after the incident so it fitted that he took the opening stages of the game of me too.

A Barry Ferguson corner would swing in after a quiet opening half our. I'd stand on the keeper like usual and a Liam Ridgewell header went past the swinging boot of Cathcart, I'd have to flick it on. GOAL. There was a mountainous cheer before it turned into a subdued applause. I wouldn't celebrate. It felt wrong to score.

The game would hit half time, on our way through the tunnel I'd hear "******* car wreck" behind me, I'd turn and go for the first Orange shirt. I was overwhelmed with anger and before I knew it I was being dragged off a ****** Gary Taylor-Fletcher with Lee Bowyer.

"What the **** were you two doing? Take it he mentioned Emma?" Alex McLeish bawled across the changing room before chilling off realising the circumstances.

"Lee just fell in with me, Gaffer. But aye, the c^nt said something about a car wreck."

The officials would see nothing, neither would the cameras either and for nothing to seem weird McLeish decided to send us both back out for the second half. Gary Taylor-Fletcher wouldn't make it out and honestly I don't know if it was him that said anything, there was 2 or 3 Orange shirts and he was just the first to meet a fist.

Nikolai Zigic would grab a second shortly into the second half in a goalmouth scramble that soon turned into a scrap between the two sides. A few bookings would be shown and honestly I don't know what started it but it was apparently myself.

From there a rocking challenge came in from Charlie Adam. We both came out of Rangers but had history from my short stay at Celtic, I'd kick out at him and be shown red before another scrap ensued that saw Charlie Adam and Lee Bowyer shown a red. We'd win 2-0. I'd find myself fined, as did the other 2 and both cloubs before an investigation went in on a tunnel fight, I'd be banned for 10 games and given another fine of £125,000. Meaning the game ended up costing me £150,000 and 10 games of football.

The club would also look to fine me before Barry Ferguson and Alex McLeish talked the club out of it due to personal circumstances. I'd messed up and had to agree to proper counselling to see the year out to ensure I returned as a footballer not a boxer.

"**** me, you read this?" Barry Ferguson said, stretching towards me with his phone as we sat in the gym. I looked up from the paper and looked over.

*Blackpool's Gary Taylor-Fletcher won't play until March after head injuries caused in a tunnel scrap with Rory Scott after comments were exchanged regarding a car crash. However, GTF has since denied claims. Rory Scott has sat out for 2 of a 10 match ban.*

"Doesn't deserve to touch a football again if he's gonna try chat ****" I said, looking back up. I don't know if he even said it but one of them did. I just unleashed into a blind rage. I had no idea what happened but Lee said it was a pretty aggressive.

I had that counselling too, with that I was working towards a UEFA License, I had worked my way up the FA Ladder since my time injured at Celtic and working with Youth there. I was still unsure as to what the future had for me but Gordon Strachan and even a conversation with Sir Alex had him suggest to start early.

Was coaching what I wanted? I don't know. We'll see, I have a career on the pitch to think about though, I was only 28.

Now that's took some turn in the last 24 hours!! Dead wife and deadly right hook! Cracking story mate, Well hooked!

42ef3a2e84a436410c58f7db91877883.png

It would be about 13 games before I'd return to the side, it would be the 22nd of January and I had played 1 game, scored 1 goal and had 1 red card. We had United at their place, we had fallen into a relegation battle and they still hunted another Premier League crown.

I'd be in the middle with Barry Ferguson and Lee Bowyer but that wouldn't matter. We were awful, we lost 5-0. Manchester United were too strong and I couldn't nearly get going but managed to find myself in the League Cup Semi Final Second Leg against West Ham, we were 2-1 down but now at home and this was a chance of a League Cup final.

They'd score first. A Carlton Cole header had them a goal up at half time, the second half saw me strike from the edge of the area, this would be followed by a Roger Johnson header and we were setting up for extra time.

I was tiring and received the ball almost 30 yards out, there was no options and I just hit it... and it remained hit. GOAL.

"THAT'S A GOAL, THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE. IT'S RORY SCOTT, HE'S DRAGGED HIS SIDE INTO A LEAGUE CUP FINAL. MASSIVE FOR THE CLUB. THAT WAS 30 PLUS YARDS!"

It's a desperate shame that the game was marred by a devastating tackle, a poor touch from myself had Boa Morte into space and I had no option but to put a tired leap towards him. I was way too high, I was shown a red card as he was stretchered away. I'd later find out he'd twist his knee and tear ligaments from the way he crumbled and wouldn't touch a pitch for almost a year.

I'd find myself banned for 3 English games. Alex McLeish would begin to lose patience, I was "needed" for their Premier League safety. I'd miss two wins in the league before a drilling at home to Newcastle United.

I was eligible for the final against Arsenal in a 'Last Chance' shot from the boss. He knew I had it in me, mentally, physically and technically. I was just on the end of some unfortunate circumstances and come the end of February as we prepared for a final I had only played 3 games. I had scored 3 too but I would pick up 2 red cards and no injuries. Yet I would miss an unbelievable amount of games and then hate for my lunge that would almost cost Boa Morte his career.

Arsenal would still be on for a quadruple and hadn't won anything in six years.

But we hadn't won anything in almost 50.

We'd play a 4-5-1, with myself, Barry Ferguson and Craig Gardner as these three defensive midfielders. The noise was unbelievable. I wanted this. It would mean a spot in the UEFA Cup, a League Cup and a real sense of belief come the end of the season.

We'd take the lead early, a Nicolai Zigic header. It was a common courtesy for him to score with his head but we couldn't hold on, Robin Van Persie gave them an equaliser before half time.

The second half would drag on, Arsenal would have chance after chance. I'd light up our chances with a shot cracking the underside of the bar before being cleared but things died down again until very late on..

[video=youtube;T_L4WN0PzeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_L4WN0PzeY[/video]

Unbelievable. We were the League Cup winners, Barry Ferguson played the game with a broken rib. We had beaten Arsenal in the League Cup at Wembley. It was my first piece of silverware in England and I felt new. Almost.

I'd wake up the following more, still full of booze and remember I had no one to share my success with.

68da9bc15ad3520a7bda18c8fd6ddc8b.png

What a guy! Getting wreck less as old age comes in but a league cup victory will make up for that im sure!

The great feeling that was ever so empty that came from the Carling Cup win was immediately brought back down to Earth with a relegation battle. It was bitterly contested and we knew we'd need a lot more that the usual 35 for safety.

32b211e52cd03382b0cb291cad55a43e.png

We'd first return to a tie against West Brom and a 3-1 loss had us squabbling but we were still confident as we had games in hand due to our League Cup run. We'd draw against Everton as I grabbed another goal and I would be rested for a 1-0 loss against Wigan in what was seen as a massive game for both clubs. I'd return for a run that saw us batter off Bolton and Blackburn and draw with Sunderland. I'd score another 3 and was a "new-found" man to the media. I was the savior Birmingham needed, that was until a dodgy slip in training would rule me out for a month.

I'd return on the final day for an away tie at Tottenham.

It was simple. We had to win. Tottenham would have to win to guarantee a spot in next years Europa League Group Stage but I feel the stakes were even higher for us. Myself and Cameron Jerome were just passed fit enough to play, Roman Pavlyuchenko would give them the lead and late on we would require Gary Gardner to give us hope.

News began to come through that Wolves were in the lead and with that we needed a winner. We were totally open at the back and they made it 2-1. Relegation and commiseration.

In the end, I would feature in 10 games, score 7 and set up 3. I had a great ten games. I would have 2 red cards nonethless and really it was a terrible year. Alex McLeish took me and Barry aside to say he'd be leaving by mutual consent while he knew Barry Ferguson had a Blackpool move lined up there was nothing for me as of yet.

edc283e7edd426d7584fcea900441a6d.png

fca37572b5d680ccf72ad21d4d765234.png

Just want to say a mighty thank you!

132b914eb9e59cb311534549fecd1025.png

Thanks to everyone who continues to follow Rory Scott and his wild Football Journey.

9dc7ad5b087baeaa28f1ecbef81ee2c1.png

"Alright lads, for those of you who don't know I am Chris Hughton. Alright? Had a stint at Newcastle United and got them back into the Premier League but really excited to manage here. Played a fair bit and won the equivalent of the UEFA Cup with Tottenham in the 80s. Quite fitting that we are now in the Championship and have a UEFA Cup campaign ahead of us." Chris Hughton opened up as he called us all off our holidays 2 weeks early for his introduction.

"And? We have had no f&cking break and you've called us in to tell us you're excited to manage us and tell us a little bit about yourself? Couldn't it have waited?" An almost bitter me replied, angry at the lack of a Barry Ferguson or Alex McLeish at the club.

"Alright, I understand you aren't happy."

"Not ******* happy, makes no difference to me but Keith Fahey just came back from Ireland for this stupid meeting, mate." I continued, none of the lads were relatively chuffed to be called back but honestly most were actually excited to work with the manager and I was just being a grump.

"Look, get out." Hughton turned serious. I was shown the door and told to find another club.

Last edited:
"Why am I reading that you've been shown the door at Birmingham? Big chance to take the armband if you weren't such an idiot." Jeremy demanded down the phone.

"Aw, forget to say mate? Told Hughton he wasn't worth my efforts y'know?" I replied as I made my way back into the training ground a few days later to use the facilities.

"Where you at? We can have a quick meeting and see about getting you a club."

"At the training ground."

"What? You're not welcome there, stop being a child, Rory."

"I hear you getting told to leave, Rory. Just do it. I can drive up just now." He continued as I walked into Chris Hughton. I was then shown the door by security and the press were there to mop up.

*RORY SCOTT DOWNFALL: READ HERE*

*RORY SCOTT A WRECK*

*SCOTT SHOWN DOOR: WATCH*

It may be noted the Sun's "wreck" headline got a lot of hate and apologised the following day, either way, I had a club to meet up with about a potential move.