My beloved Ipswich signing Rooney! Amazing!

Aside from that, I have been a silent reader, and what a great story you are producing. Fantastic achievement getting to the big time!

Look forward to more updates!

My beloved Ipswich signing Rooney! Amazing!

Aside from that, I have been a silent reader, and what a great story you are producing. Fantastic achievement getting to the big time!

Look forward to more updates!

Thank you so much mate :) Comments like this make me want to post more!

Do you want a SS of their Squad?

Thank you so much mate :) Comments like this make me want to post more!

Do you want a SS of their Squad?

No problem at all, love the way you lay the posts out as well!

Yes, if you don't mind? That would be great to see how far they've come!

I am following your story for the last couple of days, you are progressing well! I also like the style.

Last edited:
SEPTEMBER REVIEW:

14/09/2019

View attachment 180524
What a performance against Middlesborugh! They might not be a big team but they have been a decent premier league team for the last couple of seasons and we obliterated them today. Our wingers and strikers stole the show while our midfield and defense hardly let them get past them. On a side note, this is probably the first time our possession has fallen below 55 %. I am a huge possession buff and this matters to me!

21/09/2019

View attachment 180523
We fall in our first big test as Manchester City put 3 past us after we resisted most of their attempts. The scoreline looks a bit glossy but we put up a **** of a fight. The lack of proper front line strikers was felt as we weren’t able to muster anything proper against an experienced back 4.

24/09/2019

View attachment 180522Swansea had put 4 goals past both of my fellow promoted teams and I was a little nervous going into the game especially when they took the lead. Joel Obi gave us the equalizer immediately from the kick off and Mastour gave us the lead just before half time. Our possession meant we were able to frustrate them afterwards and held on to move on to the fourth round! Could we do a cup run?

28/09/2019

View attachment 180521
We led 2-1 at the 60 minutes and I was just a tinge bit hopeful but Costa and Hazard suddenly rose from their slumber and our defense panicked to give them a 4-2 win. We should have played better to hold onto a point but it wasn’t meant to be. I would have loved to get back to back victories against Chelsea!

MONTHLY OVERVIEW:

View attachment 180520
We played just 4 competetive fixture and to be honest it’s a relief from the past 4 years where all we used to do was play every other day. The Lyon game was due to past habit of setting friendlies in the International Break. 2 wins and 2 losses are not bad considering who the losses were against but in a league as close as the Premier League; we have to start winning again.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 180519
We are eighth in the table but the bottom half has a game in hand and that means I could be just 2 points ahead of the relegation spots. The competition means we are also only 3 points off the European Places! Exciting league!

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 180518
View attachment 180517
I complete my Continental C license and start on my B! I could finally get calls for European jobs! Exciting times ahead!

View attachment 180516
View attachment 180515
We have upgraded our training facilities and while they are still far from good, it’s a start. I plan to keep asking and pestering the board to keep on improving them with the money now flowing.

View attachment 180514
Shadab Gill and Hachim Mastour are 1st​ and 2nd​ in the young players list! It always feels very good when your players do well, sadly they are both on loan and chances to be able to sign them are negligible.

We also confirm an exciting new talent to join in January. He can be our midfield linchpin for years. Who could he be though? Also we finally get work permits for my South African imports and they will bolster the squad in January!

OCTOBER REVIEW:

06/10/2019

View attachment 180476
No respite for the weary as after Manchester City and Chelsea we now face Tottenham in the league. It was a close match but our strikers had an off day and Kane managed to nick one for them. Tottenham were well below us in the table and if we want to do well we must win such games. That said they do have a brilliant midfield duo in Fossum and Alli which knackered us. We need to get back on winning track and the schedule doesn’t get easy with Liverpool next.

View attachment 180475

A nasty injury to Casteels means Nicholls will be called into action for the first time since May as we enter a period where we need to win!

21/10/2019

View attachment 180474
It was a drab affair until we lead through an own goal and then Liverpool started battering us. They equalized through Sturridge and were more likely to be winners until Kemar Roofe turned up and silenced them with 2 goals in the last 2 minutes. An 18 yard screamer and a well placed shot, got us our first league win in over a month and silenced the Kops.

26/10/2019

View attachment 180472
The win against Liverpool has brought the zip back in the legs and struggling Newcastle were the victims as we score 4 past them before they even woke up. They managed to ****** back two goals after I subbed fringe players on but this was a dominant victory. I did nevertheless have a word with the boys about the two goals.

30/10/2019

View attachment 180473
We have never gone past the Fourth Round of the Capital One Cup and we face our former Parent Club Crystal Palace this time. They are a quality squad and they troubled us for the first 30 minutes, taking the lead through Tom Ince. Well after 30 minutes, it was all Us as we surged past them, toyed with them and ultimately forced them into submission. Schweinsteiger got his first goal for the club and everyone contributed! We have a real chance of reaching the semi-finals as we face Bristol City next. Do we dare dream?

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 180471
We started off poorly but finished it with a bang, scoring 11 goals in 3 matches as we surge up the table. The people at the top are starting to notice us. Are they growing wary? Can we disrupt normal service again?

LEAGUE TABLE:

I am sorry to forget again. We are somewhere around 6th​ I believe. Yes a very high position which I hope we can maintain.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 180470
Mastour sneaks into the third position in the young players list. While we are not getting anyone into the main list, we are regularly getting players on the young ones. Unfortunately, it’s mostly the loan signings! Still very happy for Mastour.

We finalize five new signings and all of them will join in January. No I am not telling who. 2 are current players while there are 3 regens as I look to start developing my youth teams. I am after all a Busby and Ferguson Protégé.

NOVEMBER REVIEW:

02/11/2019

View attachment 180359
After a flurry of goals at the end of last month, we start November with a whimper of a draw with Struggling Aston Villa. Our defense led by Dasilva was brilliant, Dasilva even played his heart out attacking the left flank but our strikers had zero luck as we drew a blank. I can’t believe I am saying this but these are 2 points lost!

09/11/2019

View attachment 180358

A hard fought, scrappy and ugly win but all I care about is the 3 points and we bagged them. O’Dowda returns from a long injury problem to score and show me that he can perform at this level as well. These are exactly the games we need to win and we did that.

View attachment 180357
Another injury that has hurt us as creative midfielder Cuvelier is out for 4 months. We have a small squad and this will put more pressure on us.

25/11/2019

View attachment 180356
Watford has been struggling lately and I wanted the boys to exploit that and we did. We dominated the possession, harried them in wide areas and two whipped crosses earned us two own goals. They never looked like scoring against us and that bodes well for me.

30/11/2019

View attachment 180355
West Ham are on equal points with us, well were as they beat us comfortably at the Olympic stadium. Like every match so far this season, we dominated the possession but we could muster nothing against their defense while they were able to score 2 goals through 2 set pieces. It isn’t bad for our first season in Premier League but the problem with me is that I always expect too much.

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 180354
After the exciting football of last month, it was a much more sedated month. I was expecting 9 points but 7 are not bad either! We are winning against the teams that are worse than us and that should help us avoid the Premier League at the very least.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 180353
8th​ in the league and only 6 points off Champions League places which is a brilliant achievement. We have already got 23 points and am confident of getting 40 points. Premier League survival is something I am more than confident about, time to increase the ambitions.

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 180352
CZECH REPUBLIC WANT ME AS THEIR MANAGER AND I ACCEPT! I am really excited to get into international management. The European landscape has changed since I last knew it and it will take time to acclimatize to manage a National Team.

View attachment 180351
Second good news as I extend my contract at Oxford for another two years. I am still the lowest paid manager in the league but that doesn’t matter for now. I would be seeking higher terms though as I am looking to finally buy a house.

View attachment 180350
We get a player in the top 3 for 3 consecutive months and this time it is Jay Dasilva. The young left back has been erratic in general but had a brilliant November.

View attachment 180350
I am quite confident about our survival and hence I pressured the Board to buy Kassam Stadium and they agreed. I hope it proves to be a huge boost.

View attachment 180349
We sign a new Feeder club for signing exciting youngsters in the form of Scottish side Falkrik.

Ive just read this from start to finish, it is truly amazing, it reminds me alot of the meehar story (im a huge fan of his story) keep up the good work and fingers crossed for europa league qualification as a minimum ;-)

I commented once in the start of the story and will do once again right now, By far the best one out there , extremely enjoying the read and the style!!

I commented once in the start of the story and will do once again right now, By far the best one out there , extremely enjoying the read and the style!!

You flatter me, Thank You so much :) Its the readers enthusiasm that keeps me going :)

DECEMEBER REVIEW:

04/12/2019

View attachment 179920
It was supposed to be and should have been an easy victory against Bristol City but credits to them as they made us work hard and then some more. We had 60 % of the possession but couldn’t get many shots on target due to some erratic shooting. It went to penalties in the end and Casteels saved us the blushes as we enter the Semi-Finals of the Capital One Cup. We have a real chance of entering the finals as well after we drew Southampton.

07/12/2019

View attachment 179919
I wasn’t expecting an upset with Manchester United in good form and our team missing Gill due to him unable to play against his parent. We still did reasonably well and it took two moments of magic from Mata to unlock our defenses. Can’t really blame the boys, just praises for the spirited display.

14/12/2019

View attachment 179918
Fulham were struggling and it was a good chance to improve our away form and it started off well as well with O’Dowda scoring an early goal. After woodrows’ equalizer though the game was without much sting and I was settling for the draw and HO! Roofe rifles in a stoppage time winner. I swear this guy loves his injury time winners!

22/12/2019

View attachment 179917
It seems the boys love to be on the television as they tear QPR apart. Jack Wilsheres’ goal seemed that they might threaten but it was just a momentary ray of hope in an otherwise listless performance. They shot straight at our keeper and didn’t do much with the ball either! All in all, a brilliant performance.

26/12/2019

View attachment 179916
Second time in second month that we are defeated by a positional rival as Everton beat us comfortably at Goodison Park. Our attack just didn’t show up and whilst theirs wasn’t in top form, Dembele took the chances with aplomb for a brace and condemning us to a defeat. Christmas hangover maybe?

28/12/2019

View attachment 179915
After the display against Everton I wasn’t expecting much against Arsenal particularly with only a single day between the matches which was spent in travelling. But boy oh boy, were the boys fired up. Gill scored a brace while the midfield and defense kept Arsenal out. Chamberlains goal didn’t flutter them as they held on resolutely and Arsenal couldn’t go gung ho because of our excellent counter attacking! Valuable 3 points!

31/12/2019

View attachment 179914
A little too close for my liking but we got a win to end the crazy Christmas period. Wolves are propped last in the table and I was expecting some more fireworks but never mind. It’s good to end the year with a win.

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 179913
12 points from possible 18 in our first season in the premier league in the crazy December plus the Capital One Cup Semi Final? I will take it! I am happy with the boys, would have been more if we won against Everton but we are making progress. We have built a solid base and with new signings in January you never know where we end up.

LEAGUE TABLE:

Umm..Yeah I forgot again. We are 5th​ in the table though, 3 behind Arsenal and barely ahead of West Ham, Southampton and Everton!

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 179911
Shadab Gill sneaks into the third position through his late Christmas burst and keeps the trend of a representative in the young players list!

View attachment 179908
We get struggling Ipswich in the F.A. Cup By no means an easy draw but I think we will get through!

DECEMBER REVIEW - PART 2

CZECH REPUBLIC

View attachment 179903
This is the country's overall Best XI and luckily most of them are are still playing for the country. The big miss of course will be Cech who has retired.

View attachment 179902
This is the current year Best XI, well good XI as they played horrific football which led to the sacking of my predecessor and this:
View attachment 179904
The country's lowest ever rating and with no matches till march we will decline more! Luckily we are in Euro playoffs and I hope I can lead them into the Championship!

WORLD AWARDS:

View attachment 179901
View attachment 179900
View attachment 179899
After a drought last season, MESSI IS BACK!

View attachment 179898

This is evidence of how far Kemar has come as he comes third in the North American Footballers yearly award. It is a huge achievement and I am really proud of him.

View attachment 179897
The fourth year in a row where a Brazilian snags the award, EUROPE TIME TO WAKE UP!

P.S: I will do a detailed Czech Republic post when I announce my first squad!

TRANSFER REVIEW:

View attachment 179195
View attachment 179172

I have never spent in January mostly due to the fact that I have had no money to spend but this time I had saved some and brought in plenty of signings. I stretched my wage budget as well as transfer budget but I feel the smart investments will ultimately help us in the future and won’t make huge transfers a necessity next summer.

Along with signing players for January, I finalized many deals to bring players in July as well for free transfer. They address most of my squad issues of first team players, replacing my loan signings as well as squad depth and shoring my u-21’s and u-18’s.

Well now that I have given you the down low, I will present you my major signings. I am not going to go into details about the players I signed for U-21 and U-18.

MAJOR PLAYERS BOUGHT

Sergi Samper:

I managed to snag him for a measley 2.6 Million after he was listed for 15 initially. I am glad I waited till September as Barcelona got desperate to sell him. A solid deep lying playmaker, I can always sell him for a huge fee if he doesn’t fit in. A coup in my honest opinion.

Alberto Cerri:

I needed a new striker and he was the cheapest and youngest available with the ability to fit in immediately. Signed from Juventus for 400K, he was obviously not able to fulfill his talent in Italy. I hope he can do half the things he was destined to do and that would be more than enough for me.

Rolando Aarons:

Snazzed him up cheap from Newcastle, he will provide depth at the left wing Obi always injured or away on international duty or injured!

Callum Chambers:

I signed him for 3 Million ONLY! For a player as versatile as him and ENGLISH, it’s a huge coup and he strengthens my defense immediately. He will be a huge asset with his ability to play at right back and centre back. He ticks all the box a defender should and to get him for such a cheap price is such a joy. I only paid a million now and will pay the rest after he has played 50 league games! The joys of a bargain are amazing!

Roger Bishop:

Another South African import who is cheap and versatile and without a work permit sadly. He couldn’t be loaned out for some reason and I hope that not playing for 6 months won’t affect his stats too much. I would have pinged him straight into the first team if he was available. I hope he gets a permit soon.

Lukas Kucera:

View attachment 179194
I had to find a new goalkeeper and fast as I sold Nicholls on the last day. I didn’t have any money and so was looking for cheap oldies when I found this gem in my shortlist. He is 19, better than Casteels and with a release clause of 2.8 Million and I had to sign him. So I sold three players to fund this guy and snapped him with 30 minutes of the window to go. He is also a CZECH PLAYER!

MAJOR PLAYERS SOLD:

Christopher Jullien:

He hadn’t player a single game all season and he was firmly last in the pecking order. It took too much time and effort to offload him but I was finally able to manage it and sold him for 625K.

Alberto Masi:

I know I bought him in the summer and after initially being first choice, he was behind Baak, Chambers and the South African import I got in the summer and he was ******* about it. So I sold him for a cool Million and made a neat profit of 650K.

John Lundstram:

He was out of his depth and had been on loan all season. Sold him for 250K rather than rot him in my reserves.

Lee Nicholls:

I wasn’t going to renew his contact as he was asking for heck of wages and when Bournemouth met his value with his contact up in 5 months I let him go and found a gem instead! 210K for the ex-wigan stopper is good deal for me!

Last edited:
JANUARY REVIEW:

04/01/2020

View attachment 179183
A brilliant beginning to the month, the New Year and our F.A. cup campaign as we tore Ipswich apart at their own home. We held 65 % possession and had 16 shots on target compared to their 1 though they did score with it. The only reason the score line wasn’t more embarrassing was their goalkeeper. Well nothing gets your pulse racing like a nice game of football.

View attachment 179173
This was my 200th Game in Management and the boys gave me a nice gift!

07/01/2020

View attachment 179182
We play yet another cup match and this time it’s the Capital One Cup as we play the first leg of our semi-final at Southampton. They were beautiful at counter attack but couldn’t finish and we did. A 2 goal lead is good to take back at home and 3 away goals definitely are! I wasn’t happy with the goal they scored but hey! You can’t have it all.

11/01/2020

View attachment 179181
When you have grown up in Manchester, you get used to the rain. But playing and losing in rain is never fun. Selhurst Park is a hard place to play at and the rain didn’t make it harder. Zaha had a moment of magic and created a beautiful goal and we couldn’t respond. We could have moved into the top 4 with the win and losing hit me hard!

19/01/2020

View attachment 179180
I was absolutely hurting when Ipswich robbed us of victory in August and since then we have put 8 past them as we have dealt brilliantly with Premier League football. Lennon and Gill have been like Valencia and Rooney were for a season and it’s such a beautiful thing to watch.

25/01/2020

View attachment 179179
Southampton scored an early goal and then they sat back resolutely and we could create nothing, well until Ramires was sent off and then the gates opened up. 4 goals in the last 30 minutes is a very nice sign ahead of the second leg of the semifinal against them. With a potential Capital One Cup Final and European Place for contention, it’s nice sign indeed!

29/01/2020

View attachment 179177
View attachment 179178
Well the previous match wasn’t much of an indicator and we againt struggled to create decent chances but they could manage only one goal and that means we are off to WEMBLEYYYY! We face Manchester United in our first cup final in years! 34 years to be precise and it is going to be amazing!

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 179176
Apart from the result against Crystal Palace, January was a huge success with a brilliant business done, scoring loads of goals and a place in the Capital One Cup Final against Manchester United which I consider my alma matter! It is going to be tough and fun. We face a decisive February as we play 3 of the Top 6 and it will decide whether we finish in Top 4 or outside. February (my bogey month) will again play a huge role for the season!

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 179175
2 points off Top 4 with a game in hand, Life’s good!

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 179174
2 players in the young players list as Gill and Dasilva rock the month of January. Gill has been a constant in the Young player of the month awards and hopefully should be a contender for Young Player of the Year. It’s a shame there is no chance he will stay.

Last edited:
FEBRUARY REVIEW:

01/02/2020

View attachment 179165
This is the second time this season that we meet Bristol City and this time it’s the F.A. Cup. I was eager to not see a repeat of our Capital One Cup match and named a strong team and it worked like a charm, well mostly. We raced into a 3-0 half time lead and like I always fear when there is a big lead, complacency snuck in and we allowed them 2 goals back to make it a nervous final minutes. They went all out for attack and Mayoral grabbed a second to clinch victory and take us to the fifth round!

04/02/2020

View attachment 179162
We were outplayed here by the League Leaders and it’s not a nice feeling. The first half was a defensive battle and both defenses performed quite well before our crumbled and theirs didn’t. There is no shame in losing to them but I don’t like losing!

08/02/2020

View attachment 179159
A disappointing display and a performance from the past from Chelsea as we lose our second match in a row. Chelsea scored two early goals and then shut the shop and shut us out for the next 77 minutes. It was a difficult defeat to swallow but the defensive shape of Chelsea was amazing with no players fazed at all. February is turning into a nightmare.

11/02/2020

View attachment 179158
I was angry, disappointed and annoyed and I told the boys to get their act together and get a win! I was happy with the first half too, well before they conceded a goal and I lost it in the half time. And they rewarded me with 4 goals! WOW! I should get angry more often maybe!

15/02/2020

View attachment 179156
When Lennon raced through on goal in the 8th​ minute and finished with aplomb, I sat with a satisfied grin and thanked god, hoping for a desperate win against the elite clubs. But that wasn’t to be as Lamela chose the day to give one of his world class performances and tore us apart. He scored 3 and set up the fourth and wiped the grin right off my face.

22/02/2020

View attachment 179155
A tepid and timid display to bring an end to this horrible month called February. I can’t believe that Aston Villa had more shots than us. We did nothing with our possession and Aston Villa were better than us and even saying that hurts so very much!

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 179152
A HORRIBLE MONTH! We lost 3 matches without showing any fight and now will have to play an extra match against Aston Villa. The performances against Bristol City and Miiddlesbourgh were amazing but that doesn’t take away the pain of the other matches.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 179150
Three losses meant we were blown away in the race to the 4th​ and it will be hard to recover. Europa League will be hard as well with United and Arsenal yet to be faced but I will be trying my best for them, mostly by trying to win the cups!

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 179145
Gill gets 2nd​ place thanks to his Middlesborough blits in an otherwise disappointing month!

CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL

View attachment 179024
01/03/2020

I was nervous, sweating in freezing temperatures and did I mention nervous? I can’t believe that we are in a Cup Final. It seems just like yesterday when I joined the club and all that mattered was keeping our place in League 2. And here we are now, in the Premier League, chasing and pushing for European Places and having the best time of the world.

On the other end, stand Manchester United. The club I grew up loving and where I once aspired to manage. We have played them several times over the last few seasons. Pre-season friendlies, cup matches and now the Premier League but we have never beaten them and that’s an ominous sign for us. They have been our bogey team for a while and it will take some effort defeating them

TEAM NEWS:

View attachment 179030
A very similar set up by both the teams but Manchester United are playing with an attacking midfielder and a single striker compared to our 2 strikers. The main news from our side was that we wouldn’t be able to play Shadab Gill due to him being on loan from Manchester United. It’s a huge miss for us and will make it all the more harder to defeat Manchester United!

MATCH:

1’- Manchester United kick off the match and immediately start on the offensive as Memphis finds Mata in the middle. Mata’s attempted pass is intercepted by McNair and we try to launch a counter-attack but it peters out.

18’ – A throw-in near the Manchester united goal gives a chance to build an attack and try to score the first
goal. Dasilva throws it to Mayoral who immediately crosses it in the box but the ball is hoofed away to Chibsah. Chibsah manages to pass the ball to Mastour who after a delightful first touch turns and has a go at the goal only to be denied by Savic! An impressive move by the team!

24’ – Another throw in and this time it’s Silvestri who took it. A stong and confident throw to Mastour who passed it back to Silvestri. Silvestri took a few steps forward and swung it on to Lennon. Lennon skillfully evaded the defenders, turned AND GOAL!!!! OXFORD LEAD 1-0 to Oxford!

29’- A promising attack breaks down and off go Manchester on a counter. They pass the ball from one side to the other with such skill and ease, it’s beautiful to see. Anyways Yarmolenko takes possession of the ball on the left wing, drives forward before narrowly shooting wide. A lucky escape by some poor finishing.

35’- Manchester United have come back strongly since the goal as they mount another attack. They have dribbled past our players quite easily as Mario Fernandes dances down the right wing and centers the ball only for Mata to shoot it straight at the keeper.

40’- Bale gets into the action now as a failed free kick falls back to him and he launches a shot from a distance, only to be saved by Kucera comfortably. They are getting desperate now!

45’- We get a corner only a few seconds before the half time and I hope we can create something. Aarons swings in the corner but it is easily cleared but only till Mukhtar. He drives inside the area and smashes the ball AND SCORES! 2nd​ goal of the match and Oxford double their lead! Manchester United look stunned

HALF TIME: OXFORD UNITED 2 – 0 MANCHESTER UNITED

47’ – Oxford have been irresistible in the attack as they march forward with verve again. Manchester are failing to clear the lines and are firmly on the backfoot when Lennon receives a failed clearance and tees it up to Mastour who in a single touch turns and smashes it in the TOP CORNER! 3-0 to OXFORD!

59’ - The game has started to slow down as Manchester united look too shell shocked to do anything with the ball. A triple substitution by them as they look to shake things around!

62’ – Some impressive pressing play by Oxford has Manchester firmly pegged in their own half and sweating. Manchester fail to clear another corner, Mayoral tees up Mastour and he calmly finishes past Savic! 4-0! This is turning into a massacre!

90’ – The Oxford fans are singing and dancing, waiting for the game to end. Oxford relaxed after the fourth goal and Manchester was too shocked to even try

THAT’S IT! FULL TIME AND OXFORD CLINCH THE CAPITAL ONE CUP EMPHATICALLY! OXFORD ALSO QUALIFY FOR THE EUROPA LEAGUE!

View attachment 179029
View attachment 179028
View attachment 179025