A Man with a dream

• Thread starter Thread starter savan21
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 39K
MARCH REVIEW:

01/03/2020

View attachment 178910

I can’t believe it still even though it has been over a month from the time we won. We beat a slightly under strength but still very strong Manchester United. Wait not beat; we thrashed them and then some! Can I dance, do you want to dance? I don’t even need **** music!

04/03/2020

View attachment 178906
A win without any fuss. I don’t know how to describe this match, nut reminds me of our last few months in the Championship. Neither us nor Aston Villa seemed interested, we were just more efficient. Is this how robots might play in the future?

07/03/2020

View attachment 178905
Yes! Definitely the end of the season syndrome as our attackers slow down, fail to create and fail to score what they create. I don’t blame them. All of my strikers are young and haven’t played a grueling season in their life and nothing is as grueling as Premier League. I might have to do some experiments if we are to holler beyond 7th​ position. It is going to be a tough few months!

14/03/2020

View attachment 178904
A better performance as O’Dowda comes into the team and injects pace into the side. He used his pace to score an early goal and won the penalty that Mayoral missed. He was a constant threat with his running and a confidence bereft West Ham attack meant we went through without a hitch. F.A. Cup semifinals it is! We have had a surprisingly easy draw so far and face QPR in the semifinals! An easy draw means we could reach a historic F.A. Cup final as well.

View attachment 178903
My 200th​ game managing Oxford, I can’t believe it’s been so long.

18/03/2020

View attachment 178902
It was a tense and tight affair before O’Dowda turned the match on its head. Bernard gave them an early lead and Mukhtar equalized immediately and then began a midfield battle. Shots were taken from outside the area and goalkeepers were given catch practice well before O’Dowda raced and turned and twister to take us to the victory! And in usual style he injured himself right after the match and ending my short but successful experiment of playing him.

21/03/2020

View attachment 178901
I had never thought that I would miss having O’Dowda in the team. Lennon seems overworked, Roofe overwhelmed and no other player has the required pace to trouble the opponents. We win against Watford but barely. Our control of possession helps, but without proper chances being created, we are shooting just for the sake of it!

24/03/2020

View attachment 178900
It was inevitable that we lose eventually whilst we were playing so poorly. All the possession means nothing if you aren’t able to use it properly and that’s what we did. Mayorals goal sparked a few hopes but the play was hopeless. It doesn’t matter where we finish, such type of football is not accepted from my team. I would rather finish 17th​ and play some beautiful football.

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 178899
We should have won all the matches and the loss against Swansea and draw with Aston Villa was unacceptable as with those 5 points we could have really closed in, that being said, European Participation has been confirmed by winning the Capital One Cup and that slightly lessened my fury at the team. I am slightly less concerned about the league now.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 178898
The 5 points would have meant 4th​ place but without it we are in 7th​ and concede ground to the teams below us. Where will we finish in the end?

YOUTH INTAKE:

View attachment 178897
Two decent players, but nothing exceptional. I will be scouring the world and maybe I get lucky like Patrick :D

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 178896
I love money, money is nice! Although surprised we made the record against Aston Villa!

View attachment 178903
YAYYE! I finally get my license. Cmon big clubs at least approach me so I can reject you?

CZECH REPUBLIC REVIEW:

OVERVIEW:

Czech Republic were suffering and in trouble when I took over. They had only 2 matches in over a year and that too against Malta. Failing to qualify from a group where only Holland were a good team, Coach Lavicka was sacked and for god knows what reason they chose to approach me.

The National Board has zero hope of us qualifying for the European Championship even though we are in the playoffs. The previous system of two legs has been scrapped and now has been turned into two rounds: Semi Final and Final which we will have to overcome in order to qualify for the Championships.

The Czech is the nation of legendary players like Pavel Nedved, Petr Cech and Tomas Rosiscky. Although there is no outstanding player in the squad, they have some serious youth talent which is waiting to explode on the scene and I am hoping to give them chances ahead of the Veterans.

It will be a hard march to the Euros. We face Sweden in the semi finals and then either of Bosnia or Slovakia, all being better than us but I am hopeful with the mix of youthful exuberance and experience we will make it through. I have decided to stick with my trusted 4-4-2 and I hope it works. Some players will have to play away from their natural positions but it’s their choice, stick to my system or say no to the call up. I don’t mind.
This is an interesting challenge for me, and I didn’t mention it but I later rejected an offer from Uruguay to stay with Czech National squad mainly because to honor my contract and I love the underdogs. I am not sure if I will stay if we don’t qualify or if we do qualify, stay beyond the Euros.

So anyway, I have talked a lot. Let my sojourn begin.

THE SQUAD:

I am sorry I forgot to take the squad photo; I will do an overview when we play our next set of matches! If I stay that is

27/03/2020

View attachment 178551
We began our bid to reach the finals against Sweden. They might not be the strongest of teams but they were still better than us mainly thanks to their powerful midfield. It was to be something special to get a victory especially with the moral down. We were holding possession well until a sudden burst of activity around our penalty area saw Quaison score a beautiful goal and just like that we were down.

Sweden pushed further instead of looking to hold the lead but fortunately we held on well. I changed the formation in the 70th​ minute, pushing the wingers ahead and asking them to attack in numbers and we were rewarded in the 79th​ minute as Vydra turned in a cross to score the equalizer.

It was all Czech Republic after that as we surged forward and prodded them. I had made my substitutions late and that meant I had the fresher team and that helped when Vydra scored in the 101st​ minute to give us the lead. Sweden looked deflated by then and we held on for a priceless win. We unexpectedly won and reached the final where we face Bosnia.

View attachment 178550

31/03/2020

View attachment 178549
We are one step away from qualifying for the Championships but Bosnia will be a very tough opponent. While Sweden had good players, Bosina have world class players most of whom have been playing in the top divisions of top country for years. The likes of Dzeko, Pjanic, Begovic will be handful for our team of misfits and square pegs for round holes, but that’s what I work best with.

The game began at a frantic pace and both teams were looking to score immediately from the beginning but the shooting was poor until the 17th​ minute when Horava scored a peach of a goal from outside the box as we took the lead. The lead surprised the Bosnian and we were able to grab a second one in the ensuing chaos! After that it was all about keeping the ball and that is something I am very good at.

View attachment 178548
We see out Bosnia and QUALIFY FOR THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS! THIS IS ****** BRILLIANT!

View attachment 178547

APRIL REVIEW:

04/04/2020

View attachment 178544

April will probably define where we end up in the table and by this performance we will have to satisfy ourselves with a 7th​ or 8th​ position finish. Our attack is stuttering and laboring and while we managed to score against West Ham, the tiredness can be seen on their faces. The passes were astray, the energy missing and attack misfiring, so a draw is probably a lucky result.

11/04/2020

View attachment 178543

This is a draw I don’t mind as I expected us to lose and Manchester United to eke out the revenge of the Capital One Cup loss but we just about managed. It was a cagey affair and both the teams’ attackers need rest as well as training on how to shoot at goal. Second match in a row where the second half was boring and yawns worthy.

14/04/2020

View attachment 178542
We do a double over Liverpool! As a Manchester United fan nothing gives me a greater pleasure and they are competing with us for a top 7 spot as well! Lennon got into his groove early and scored in the 3rd​ minute before setting up Mayoral in the 30th​. The second half was controlled by Liverpool but they weren’t able to penetrate my defensive line. This is the first match in this entire season that we have less possession than the opponent as well!

18/04/2020

View attachment 178541

We showed more attacking verve than we have the entire month but Fulham held firm to deny us 2 points and robs us of our chance to enter the top 4. With Arsenal and Everton yet to come, I think our top 4 hopes are over with this disjointed draw.

26/04/2020

View attachment 178539

We needed our attack to wake up for the F.A. Cup semifinal and they did wake up. Surprisingly we conceded the possession to QPR but were ruthless on the counter as Gill, Lennon and Chibsah score for us. Lennon and Gill have formed a brilliant partnership and I will be hoping to renew Gill’s loan as he loves us as well.

View attachment 178536
Lennon creates F.A. Cup record by creating 6 goals in this season. He has proved to be a brilliant signing for us!

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 178538

We were unbeaten but it was a hard month to watch. We dropped easy points which could have propelled us ahead but it was not to be. We are in a very good position for our First Season in the League but we could have done much more.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 178537
We still have a mathematical chance of finishing in the Top 4 but I don’t have high hopes for that. As I said earlier, 7th​ or 8th​ will where we end up but with European Qualification secured, I don’t mind much!

IN OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 178535
View attachment 178533
Shadab Gill wins young player of the month for his performances in April, more for his hold up and link up play then his goals though. He also expressed gratitude for the club and I hope this helps us sign for another season.
View attachment 178532

It’s a tough group with England, Switzerland and Poland all having good players. Lewandowski has retired for Poland so that should help and I hope to get results against Poland and Swiss to qualify although the Board doesn’t expect us to.

View attachment 178531
We were on free fall when I joined and I am very pleased that qualification has helped us rise to such a high position. Czech have some good young players coming through and should do well in the future as well. But I don’t think I will stay beyond the Euros.

Great job in the league and good luck at the Euros with the Czechs and in the FA cup final

By far the best story on here, incredible achievements in the space on approx. 200 games, absolutely brilliant and a huge well done!

I'll definitely be following to see if you can crack the top 6!

Best of luck :)

A truly amazing climb through the leagues mate, hopefully end the season with a cup double and a 4th places finish. Good luck for the run in.

Fantastic stuff, definitely the best story right now! I check for updates every thirty minutes, and I look forward to updates even during my own FM playing! Keep going!

By far the best story on here, incredible achievements in the space on approx. 200 games, absolutely brilliant and a huge well done!

I'll definitely be following to see if you can crack the top 6!

Best of luck :)

Thank you so much :) I am honored and flattered you think so!

The tactics and some smart buys have helped and I hope I can crack it too!

A truly amazing climb through the leagues mate, hopefully end the season with a cup double and a 4th places finish. Good luck for the run in.

Thank you :)!

You are about to find out

Fantastic stuff, definitely the best story right now! I check for updates every thirty minutes, and I look forward to updates even during my own FM playing! Keep going!

WOW! I never knew those were the feelings, Thank you so much :) I hope I can continue living up to the standard

MAY REVIEW:

03/05/2020

View attachment 178230
That’s a good start as any to the season run in as we comfortably beat Everton. I take pride in the fact that we didn’t allow a single shot on goal and only allowed them to take 2 shots in the entire match. Our midfielders led the way today and unsung hero Chibsah scored a belter. A strong start to the month!

13/05/2020

View attachment 178229
Spanked, debased and humiliated! I wish I was talking about fifty shades of grey but I am talking about the match. They showed their intention early on and we were never in the match as we fail in one of the biggest match of the season. I wasn’t hopeful but it still hurts! To add insult, we lost three first team defenders to minor knocks and they will all be out till after the Cup finals! Curse my ****** luck!

17/05/2020

View attachment 178228
We were out of the race of Top 4 and this was all about holding onto our position as Liverpool were breathing down our neck! We have quite a good account of QPR having scored 7 past them this season and I was quite confident even with a make shift backline I was quite confident! That was enhanced when we took the lead through Gill and were passing the ball comfortably well until they suddenly stepped up in the last 15 minutes, scored 2 goals and condemned us to defeat and 8th​ place! A sad end to what had been a splendid season.

23/05/2020

F.A. CUP FINAL

The F.A. Cup is our chance of redemption of what has been a horrible month for us, although it didn’t have any bearing on our European aspirations. Chelsea has beaten us twice this season and is clear favorites. We did beat them in the F.A. Cup last season and they will be out for revenge as well. The result will add another trophy to our cupboards which I want to bulge and I hope to add the F.A. Cup trophy to my collection.
Chelsea aren’t in the best of forms as well but they are still doing better than us and did beat Arsenal in the Semis. It is going to be a tough match with my depleted team.

TEAM NEWS:

View attachment 178226
We miss 3 first choice centre backs and have to pluck in Borthwick-Jackson from the reserves who is not totally fit himself. Mukhtar and Pereira aren’t match fit either so Samper starts in the attacking role.
The Chelsea side is just phenomenal to look at and it will be a tough task stopping them with my makeshift defense. I hope to defeat them on counter.

THE MATCH:

KICK OFF! We kick off the match and immediately attack. Mayoral attacks down the right before crossing in which is immediately cleared. Rain starts to fall to further dampen my mood

3’ – Chelsea attack down the middle and pick our players apart like they are not there as Berardi is released down the middle only to be denied by Kucera and the resultant corner is cleared. BJ looks shaky against Hazard.

10’ – Time for us to be attack and denied now as the Chelsea keeper denies us twice in a minute before they eventually clear.

14’ – Umtiti misses an easy chance and heads a free header above the bar and gives us a lifeline.

19’ – Chelsea again as hazard releases Berardi and beats the keeper ONLY TO HIT THE POST! ANOTHER LIFELINE!

It’s all been Chelsea as Berardi goes close thrice but somehow fails to find the net. We have one or two attacks on the counter but they fail to work out and trouble the Chelsea keeper.

43’ – I am tired of describing it now, Hazard release Berardi, BJ watches him as Kureca makes a wonderful save and somehow manages to hold on…

Kucera plays the ball ahead and the defense play it around before shifting it up left to Aarons, a one touch pass to Samper who passes the ball to Mayoral.

Mayoral runs forward, fakes a pass…on to the left to Aarons who takes on the defender and crosses near the Penalty area..

AND GILL THUMPS IT IN! 1-0 to OXFORD! Brilliant goal and that’s the 20th​ of the season for Gill.

45’ – Chelsea attack immediately from the Kick off and we are saved by another brilliant save from Kucera but they don’t stop attacking and win a free kick just before the Whistle…

Hazard to take…

He crosses the ball in…

Cleared by Silvestri as the whistle blows!

HALF TIME! OXFORD 1 – 0 Chelsea! We take an undeserved lead through a beautiful team goal, the defense has been shaky but Kureca has been amazing! I tell the boys that we can do it! I think we can do it!

46’ – Chelsea immediately start on the attack mode as Costa finds Hazard. Hazard plays a simple pass to Berardi who flicks it on to Costa, skipping past BJ, SMASHES IT IN THE NET! 1-1 to Chelsea!

47’ – That’s it! BJ comes off and the half fit Baak comes on for us! I par BJ but it was heal hearted, I am furious at him!

50’ – The game has settled into a rhythm and both teams are looking to hold onto the ball rather than attack, it’s getting boring.

59’ – We win a free kick and Mayoral misses a glorious chance to give us the lead from the resultant ball!

73’ – Mayoral goes off and on comes Cerri. He tests the keeper immediately but it was easy for the keeper
79’ – First yellow card but we are unable to create anything from the resultant free kick!

90’ – Chibsah goes off for Mukhtar as we look to attack!

FULL TIME! 1-1! It goes to extra time!

91’ – Extra time begins frantically as both teams try and take advantage and we see 3 shots in the first 3 minutes but none of them are on target!

95’ – It’s all Chelsea now as they surge ahead continuously. Umtiti misses a header and Costa takes a heavy touch as we survive!

105’ – Chelsea get a corner and it takes a special save from Kureca as we clear and half time ensues! The player look exhausted and we haven’t had a single attack in the last 20 minutes.

110’ – We get a free-kick but it finds no one and they clear easily!

116’ – Dasilva hacks hazard down at the edge of the area and they get a freekick.

Hazard centres it…

Barkley is free…

He guides the header into the net! 2-1 Chelsea!

119’ – We attack, throw the numbers forward but they clear easily and go on a counter!...

Aboubakar is clear…

One on One…

Kureca SAVES!

120’ FULL TIME! Chelsea 2 – 1 Oxford! Chelsea are the FA CUP CHAMPIONS!

View attachment 178222

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 178218
A disappointment in the end as we miss out on Top 4 as well as the FA Cup. A solid season but it promised much more and we fell short!

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 178217
We end 8th​ in the league, quite ahead of where the media predicted but below where I wanted us to. Arsenal finishes 5th but qualify for Champions League by winning it! Liverpool surge ahead on last day while we finish on par with Southampton! A long summer of rebuilding awaits!

There it is! The end of our season! I am exhausted, season review will be up tomorrow!

You my friend must have some kind of a magic touch ! AMAZING progress and some incredible results ! Very very very good work !

You my friend must have some kind of a magic touch ! AMAZING progress and some incredible results ! Very very very good work !

It's the tactics I swear! I will take the credits for the signings and the tweaks though :D Thank you so much :)

How long have we got till the end of season review and the start of the next amazing season?
Pitty about the season end, but you have truly acheived miracles these last few seasons. Cant wait to see oxford challenging fot the premier league and champions league. Keep up the good work

How long have we got till the end of season review and the start of the next amazing season?
Pitty about the season end, but you have truly acheived miracles these last few seasons. Cant wait to see oxford challenging fot the premier league and champions league. Keep up the good work

I am writing the Season review right now, but with the Euros in between I am not sure when I will be able to put up the new season! Most probably day after :)

Back