Cant do one tonight guys, writing it up now but internet messing up switching on and off, dont be mad ;) extra updates tomorrow, and will carry on normal loads off updates etc! Nobody is losing interest are they?

July’13

View attachment 230507

Pre-Season

We are starting our Pre-season campaign at Mexican side Tigres, this could be quite a close match with both teams looking to test out new players

Stoke City 1 vs. 0 Tigres
Niang

Close match like expected with us playing the better football and eventually coming out on top
MOM Roysten Drenthe

Loughborough university 0 vs. 7 Stoke City
Niang(2), Cahill, Shawcross(2), Lennon, Etherington

To be honest, this was never a contest more a test of fitness for the lads. Good win mind and has put us in a good shape of mind ahead of the France tour next week
MOM Ryan Shawcross

Havre AC 0 vs. 1 Stoke City
Cisse

Tight match, the lads played well and kept another clean sheet, well done
MOM Roysten Drenthe

Olympique Lyonnais 0 vs. 1 Stoke City
Etherington

Very happy with the result, against a Lyon side that contained Mario Balotelli! Brilliant result considering team stature difference! Well played lads after having another clean sheet!
MOM Kyle Walker

Player Of The Pre-Season
Roysten Drenthe
View attachment 230508

Transfer Update

This summer I have been quite busy in the transfer market so far, adding five players to my team to bolster the squad. Among Rafael Van Der Vaart and Aaron Lennon;

• [*=center]My assistant manager informed me that Manchester united were offering Anders Lindegaard for £2.3million, we talked about it and other options and decided he was the man to challenge Begovic for the No.1 spot.

• [*=center]I receive an email about taking Star man Nilmar on loan. I jumped at the chance of boosting my strike force. It is a year long loan costing £1.5m in a fee.

• [*=center]Armando Lezzi was my 5th singing, a Re-gen 19 years old, has the potential tobe a leading premier league star and better than Papiss Cisse. The future looks bright with Niang and Lezzi still to come to age!

• [*=center]We may be getting a left back, however no deal is sure yet and there are other targets in mind.

More news as it comes!

Burrows’ View

A great pre-season, winning all the matches and not conceding a goal. Well played lads, this has put us in the right frame of mind for the season and has set us up good for the Community Shield. Take the form into the season and we will have another very successful season! Our opening game is United and then Barcelona in the Super cup and then Arsenal, Four tricky games to start with however we wont get our head down, and will go into each match with the right frame of mind. This is a key thing I had to get into the lads as nearing the end of the season, our heads got either down or a bit big for no use!

Try get Community shield up, if not tomorrow will have community shield and August! Cheers guys :D

View attachment 230748

Community Shield 2013
Stoke City vs. Manchester United

View attachment 230749

The premier league season starts here! The Champions and Fa cup holders Stoke City face Manchester united. This is a repeat of last years season curtain raiser which ended in disappointed for Stoke as United won 3-2.
Stoke Manager has had a brilliant second season into the job as he won the against all odds, the Premier League, Fa Cup ( 2nd year in a row ) and the Euro Cup. Whereas Man United have new management as Sir Alex Ferguson retired from the club at the end of last season after coming 2nd in the league and Champions league, his last silverware was the 2012 Carling Cup.

Team Line-ups

Manchester United Stoke City

View attachment 230750 View attachment 230751

Stoke City

Burrows is giving debuts to Rafael Van Der Vaart and our new left back ( I cannot quite pronounce his name properly yet) With Aaron Lennon also looking to get minutes throughout the match. Niang is playing his first competitive game for the first time in a couple of months after a lengthy injury. There is no place for Anders Lindegaard as Asmir Begovic takes his usual place in goal.

Manchester United

United will be playing this match without talisman Wayne Rooney with Berbatov looking to take his place in the starting XI today. New boy Christopher Samba is making his debut and will look to help his side to another trophy. United’s new manager will be looking to get his first trophy under his belt after 7 weeks in charge.

Community Shield 2013
Stoke City 1 vs. 0 Manchester United
Niang

Great win, another trophy and a massive confidence boost going into the new season. The lads starting brightly with chances coming from all directions. And it finally nestled in the back of the net after Niang struck on 15minutes. Boy, did I cheer!

As the game drew near to halftime the lads defended expertly and went in to the dressing rooms on top of the match and looking good. I told the lads, that they were playing brilliant and look the better footballing side and deserve our lead, however they were not to get messy and needed to stay settled. But most importantly don’t let them settle!

As the game drew on, United pressed and pressed but couldn’t find a way past Shawcross and Co, as the defence kept tight and compact throughout. Begovic pulled of some great saves and deservedly got Man Of The Match. This certainly was a game for the tactical of fans as each team used their own special tactical knowledge to try defeat their opposite number! The Final was whistle went, I screamed with excitement. We have won the Community shield! Well done lads, brilliant! Fantastic performance from each and everyone of you . MOM Asmir Begovic

View attachment 230752
***********************************************************************​

Why do United always change De Gea's squad number to 13? They do it on all my saves too haha.

Quality update and great win there, mate. That Niang looks a treat!

Yee, I didn't really notice to be honest, and he's a great player. However very injury prown was going to say later but he's injured again for another 2-3 months

cant wait till next update this is best one on hear at the moment good luck nice win v united niang is legend got him on my pompey save in championship top after 8 games he scored 9 in 8 good luck with the potters following

August’13

View attachment 230879

Friendly
Stoke City 2 vs. 0 Stoke Reserves
Cahill, Pennant

Well this completes our pre-season, we beat our reserves, showing a good performance and looks be good signs ahead of the new season. The defence and goalkeeper/s were excellent as they never let in one goal all summer. Well done lads, lets take this form to united. Come on!
MOM Gary Cahill

View attachment 230880

Match Day 1
Stoke City 2 vs. 2 Manchester United
Cisse, Palacios

Good result from our main competitors for the league this season. We were a bit unfortunate to take the three points. We were winning 1-0 up until the 84th minute when Palacios put the ball in our net, then Rooney scored a penalty to make it 2-1 , yet there was still time for us to get a equaliser. Well done lads, lucky wasn’t on our side in some cases.
MOM Wilson Palacios

Match Day 2
Arsenal 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Lennon

We played well, another draw against the main contender for the league this season. Aaron got us off to a flyer after 10minutes when he scored a peach of a goal. As the game went on we tried to compile pressure on our opponents however they got the equaliser in the last 10minutes through Ayew. Unlucky lads but the main training theme this week is defence, so we look to stop teams from scoring.
MOM Aaron Lennon

View attachment 230881

I only made one transfer in August, as I decided we had enough players to build on and get working as a team.

• [*=left]We spent £6.5 million on Left Back Timothée Kolodziejczak from Celtic. He has potential and I know he can hit it off straight from the off. Evidence of this, he came third in the Young Player Of The month, Well done!

Overall Summary of Transfers

View attachment 230882

Other Transfers from around the world

• [*=left]Eden Hazard left Lille in a £40m deal to oil-rich Manchester City

• [*=left]Barcelona forward Pedro make a switch to Tottenham in a undisclosed fee

• [*=left]Tank defender Ashley Williams has been bought by Blackburn after Swansea got relegated last season!

• [*=left]Barcelona finish off a £22 million deal to sign Seydou Doumbia from CSKA Moscow

• [*=left]Luuk De Jong leaves Sunderland to head to Spanish outfit Villarreal.

• [*=left]Manchester United open the Cheque book to sign Blackburn Central defender Christopher Samba.

Player Of The Month
Aaron Lennon
View attachment 230883

Match Of The Month

View attachment 230884

League Table

View attachment 230885

Burrows’s View

We only had two league games this month, but they were probably the two hardest. And we came away with a draw from both, being unlucky both times. The lads trained hard all month and played exceptional. The Super cup was defiantly a game for the neutrals ( not going to give away the result). Well done lads!

*********************************************************************​

View attachment 230886
UEFA Super Cup
Barcelona vs. Stoke City

The Uefa Super Cup is here! Winners of the Euro Cup and Champions league take part to contest who is ‘Top Dog’ in Europe. Stoke City winners of the Euro Cup after they beat Bayer Leverkusen in the final, face Barcelona Champions League winners after crashing English team Manchester United’s dreams.
The winners of this will look to give their season start a boost, and confidence into the forthcoming games.

Team Line-ups

Barcelona Stoke City

View attachment 230887 View attachment 230888

Stoke City Team News

The only team news for Stoke is that Peter Crouch will be in the starting line up after Mbaye Niang is injured and Nilmar is ineligible to play against his parent club. Also Matthew Etherington has taken Drenthe’s place on the left.

Barcelona Team News

Seydou Doumbia is starting his debut tonight as he is a new signing at the Nou Camp and will look to steer his side to a cup win. Good news for the Stoke City strikers, as Pique is out of the match with a leg injury and will take no part in the match, but will be there in the stadium to cheer on the lads.

UEFA Super Cup
Barcelona 2 vs. 3 Stoke City
VDV, Thiago, Cisse

Yes! You have read the scoreline correctly, we won! Sheer delight all around the stadium, I even heard the fans chanting when the 3rd goal went in!

The game started off bad, as Ryan Shawcross put the ball in his own net on 7 minutes. However we soon got back into the game from a Van Der Vaart strike that sent the fans into ruptures. The next 10minutes were pretty even with both teams having chances, however David villa won a penalty after a clumsy challenge from Thiago, which Villa gratefully finished off. Yet again we fought back and got an equaliser through Thiago. I believe the goal came from him not getting his head down but also learning from his mistake and moving on

Half time came, I knew we had a chance. The game was very tight and to be fair we were proving very difficult to handle. I sent the lads out with one message in their minds. ‘To beat barca, we have to play like Barca’

We went out, and straight away we had a chance through Crouch but he put it over. As the game drew on, both teams had plenty of chances to win the match however finishing was poor in the second half compared to the first. Overall though our passing game was fantastic and I feel honoured to say but we were passing, Barcelona out of the game. As the game looked to head into extra time, Cisse popped up in the 87th minute to score a placed shot. He ran over to the crowd, screaming I’ve never seen the lads so happy. The fans were chanting, the players were buzzing, but there was still time to go, I shout at the lads to keep it together and hold on and that’s exactly what they did, as the final whistle went, I ran onto the pitch to congratulate the lads on their performance. Well done lads, once again you’ve made me very proud!
MOM Rafael Van Der Vaart

View attachment 230889

Barcelona manager Ancelotti after the match made a comment that was sure to make burrows
extremely happy

View attachment 231003

Burrows 'I am flabbergasted that Ancelotti would say that about my team. It just shows how far we have come
aiming to play just like the Catalans. To say we out passed the spanish champions
is a fantastic thing to say and i am very proud of the lads!

Screenshot of Armando Lezzi

View attachment 230890

Pretty buzzing with this result, I cant actually believe how well I’ve done!

Last edited:
instead of your calling yourself Stokelona Barcelona will have to call them selves 'Barcelona City'lol

Sakeee! I cant get update up until tomorrow, interent gone off so have to write this off my phone. sorry guys!
DOuble update tomorrow! Thanks for the appreciation, So thankful! :D

September’13

View attachment 231505

Match Day 3
Norwich City 0 vs. 3 Stoke City
Lennon, Shawcross, Van Der Vaart

A great win today and finally three points to get us going. The lads outclasses a very poor Norwich team. Lennon got us to a good start and Shawcross and Van Der Vaart finished off the match for us, well played lads. Lets get ourselves a nice winning streak
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 231507

Group Match 1
FC Bayern 1 vs. 2 Stoke City
Nilmar, Thiago

What a win! I cant quite believe how we got the win at the Allianz Arena. The lads played very well and got the win to match! Brilliant start to our Champions League campaign.
MOM Asmir Begovic

View attachment 231505

Match Day 4
Stoke City 4 vs. 1 West Ham United
Thiago, Nilmar(3)

Great win, bigger margin than I expected and it was great for Nilmar to grab a hat trick along the way! Keep it up lads, we are looking good and need to carry on this form
MOM Nilmar

View attachment 231508

3rd Round
Leicester 1 vs. 2 Stoke City
Nilmar, Shawcross
(After Extra Time)

Not the best of performances from the lads, but we kept fighting until the end and deservedly got the win and are through to play Reading in the 4th Round
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 231505

Match Day 5
Bolton Wanderers 0 vs. 1 Stoke City
Nilmar

It was a struggle but we got the win in the end and the three points are all that matters. Their Goalkeeper stopped it from being 5 however we didn’t put our best performance in so will look to improve that.
MOM Nilmar

Player Of The Month
Asmir Begovic
View attachment 231509

Match Of The Month

View attachment 231510

League Table

View attachment 231511

Burrows’ View
Good month, came third in the Manager of the month with three our of three wins. The lads played well getting a great victory vs. Bayern Munich. Well done lads keep up the work and impress even more! Our aim for this month, Let in Less and score, score, score!

Really good story mate..

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

View attachment 231821

Injury! Nilmar out of action

Stoke City’s loan striker has torn his calf that could leave him out for 2-3 months. This will be a massive loss for the club as he has been in great form this year, with 6 goals in 8 appearances.

View attachment 231822
Nilmar leaving to club physic this morning

We managed to catch Nilmar as he left the physic’s office this morning. This is what he had to say. ‘obviously I am very sad at being told I wont be in action for an estimated 2-3 months. However I will be working hard in the training room and will look to get back before. Thank you for the support everyone and hopefully I will be back as soon as I can without any set backs and helping Stoke City retain their crown!’

We also spoke to manager Jake Burrows ‘it is bad news for us that Nilmar had injured himself in training the other day. Any team would find it hard without a talent like him however we have the ability in our squad to carry on. And I would like to announce now that we have signed Daniel Sturridge on a free as a replacement, which is brilliant news! Welcome Daniel! Also Mbaye is close to coming back from his injury too which will also boost our chances of success this year.’

View attachment 231823
Sturridge ahead of the champions league match vs. Apoel

Sturridge will be unavailable to play however until January as he didn’t arrive in time for the registration*. However he will be available to play in the reserve and cup matches. Where he will be looking to shine and impress new manager Jake Burrows.

More news in this dramatic report, Jake was offered the Russia and Ireland national jobs last night as he was offered them as they sacked their respective managers. Speaking on behalf of Burrows was Connor Burrows his brother agent ‘ Jake has been offered the Russia and Ireland jobs, however he declined them both as he is more bothered about paying 100% attention on Stoke. I rang him up and he literally said to me ‘Stoke, Stoke, Stoke’. Also the only ever National job he would take is a more closer based one, or a big country. Russia is too far as he would be wasting a lot of time in between which he would rather spend with his players back home. Ireland he wasn’t really interested in as they had had a bad World cup qualifying campaign and much preferred to manage a team in the big competitions rather than wait a long time etc.’

* I thought we are aloud to register free market players? Maybe not
Ps. Sorry Russia, Ireland fans was going to take one but couldn’t decide so took neither. Any other teams that come alone I will give a vote for you all, as you can decide whho I will go to !

October’13

View attachment 231918

Group Match 2
Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Apoel
Walters, Van Der Vaart, Shawcross

Great win today, getting our second champions league win putting us 3 points ahead after two matches. The lads played well to come from 1-0 down and I am very proud of the way the lads played. Well done lads!
MOM Jonathan Walters

View attachment 231919

Match Day 6
Stoke City 1 vs. 1 Chelsea
Cisse

A fair result, we still haven’t lost. Pretty gutted we never managed to win this match however still a good result against an in-form Chelsea. Keep it going ladsm lets get back to winning!
MOM Wilson Palacios

Match Day 7
Stoke City 4 vs. 1 Everton
Shawcross(2), Walters, Cisse

What a great win, I never thought we would win by this magnitude. Very happy, the lads played their socks off and deserved the three points. It’s really good to see Papiss playing well again. Well Done lads!
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 231918

Group Match 3
Stoke City 5 vs. 1 Standard
Shawcross, Palacios, Van Der Vaart, Drenthe, Pennant

Very happy! What a win , that’s our 3rd champions league out of the way and another win! Brilliant performance from the lads, very happy! The midfield all got their goals, showing Cisse and Co how to score!
MOM Roysten Drenthe

View attachment 231919

Match Day 8
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 vs. 3 Stoke City
Van Der Vaart, OG, Walters

Always nice to win against your local rivals, and this was the same! The lads showed what they can do by winning this match and winning it very well! Brilliant lads!
MOM Rafael Van Der Vaart

View attachment 231920

4th Round
Stoke City 2 vs. 1 Reading
Drenthe, Sturridge

We played a weaker side, giving players a run out. I am glad we got the result, the score line seems closer than it was but we dominated the match. Daniel Sturridge got shirt his first game in a Stoke city. Scoring as well.
MOM Roysten Drenthe

Player Of The Month
Van Der Vaart
View attachment 231921

Match Of The Month

View attachment 231922

League Table

View attachment 231923
Burrows' View
We had a good month winning important matches. Highlight of the month is certainly winning 5-1 in the champions league. The lads have really impressed me this month. well done lads!
Rejecting the Ireland and Russia jobs were hard however, i wanted the lads to know how committed i am to them. So lets carry on the form next month, starting away at Manchester City.

Hows it going FM-BASE!?