March’13

View attachment 228654

5th Round
Leicester 1 vs. 4 Stoke City
Cisse(2), Palacios, Niang

Good result here and away from home too. Leicester are 2nd in their league and were on a unbeaten streak and playing well just like ourselves. The game started off very tight. But we got the goals and will now look forward to a 6th round clash vs. Barnsley after they knocked out Liverpool.
MOM Papiss Cisse

View attachment 228655

Match Day 27
Arsenal 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Huth

We played well against a very good Arsenal team who were full of confidence and were up for it after losing to us in the last game. We played some sublime pass and move skills and looked to rip up Atsenal’s defence. However we didn’t show enough composure in front of goal.
MOM Wilson Palacios

View attachment 228656

2nd Knockout Round 1st Leg
Schalke 0 vs. 0 Stoke city

We played well and kept the hosts from scoring, they had many chances but Cahil, Shawcross and Begovic kept them at bay. We had our chances but couldn’t take them, we will be looking at composure during the next week before the return leg.
MOM Ryan Shawcross

2nd Knockout Round 2nd Leg
Stoke City 4 vs. 2 Schalke
Thiago, Etherington, Cisse

My brother rang me up an hour before the match to wish me luck, and the one thing he said to me before we hung up was ‘ You are considerably better at home in the Euro Cup’ and I tell you what he was sure right! What a win, and to win with that magnitude is very pleasing, everyone was on their game and played fantastic!
MOM Matthew Etherington

View attachment 228655

Match Day 28

Stoke City 3 vs. 1 West Brom
Cisse (3)

Cisse played amazing tonight. Well done lad. His hat trick was just a sample of how well the lads played. We got the ball up and down like it was a hot potatoes, pass pass pass , was our motto before and during match. Pennant had a good match and excellent work rate throughout, setting up two of the goals.
MOM Papiss Cisse

View attachment 228654

6th Round
Stoke City 3 vs. 0 Barnsley
Johnson, Thiago, Drenthe

A good win today, the lads played well and deserved the win and will now face a Quarter final battle vs. Manchester United. We have played United in every competition this year bar the Euro Cup ; Losing to them in Community shield, League Cup semi final and battling them for the Premier league. Well done lads.
MOM Thiago

Player Of The Month

View attachment 228657

Match Of The Month

View attachment 228658

League Table

View attachment 228659

Burrows’ View

Excellent performances this month from everyone, there was a special zip around the training ground, especially after the Schalke win! Thiago, Cisse and Shawcross have all put exceptional performances in and have been the stars of the month. All though all have doing excellent! Well done lads and I expect the same attitude in the next two months til the end of the season!

April’13

This month is the clinical month at all fronts. We have our Semi finals in the Fa Cup vs. United to play which looks to me a good match, also the semi final 1st leg of the Euro cup to play, plus big matches we need to gain points from if we are to win the league this year.

View attachment 229136

Match Day 28
Blackburn Rovers 2 vs. 1 Stoke City
Cisse

It was a very tough match and with our performance letting us down it really didn’t look like we would scrape anything from this match so I am really disappointed at the fact we lost out on 3 point easy gettable points. I hope this doesn’t cost us lads, keep your standards high and don’t let them slip!
MOM Robert Huth

Match Day 29
Stoke City 5 vs. 2 Birmingham
Shawcross, Niang (2), Cisse, Walters

A great win against our midland rivals! It was a much better performance compared to the last game and we thoroughly deserved the win. Well done lads. Lets keep it going!
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 229137

Quarter Finals 1st Leg
Stoke City 4 vs. 0 As Nancy Lorraine
Pennant, Etherington, Cahill(2)

I’m ecstatic with the victory and the magnitude of it! Who would of thought we would of made it this fair and to win the first leg 4-0 is quite an achievement! And it has put us in a commanding position into the second leg. Meaning I could maybe put some different players into the games to give them a chance
MOM Gary Cahill

View attachment 229136

Match Day 30
Stoke City 0 vs. 0 Man City

Very happy with this result, however we were unlucky not to win it as we had some decent chances. However it just wasn’t our day, however gaining a point of city will certainly help as we look to gain all the points that we can in the last part of the campaign.
MOM Asmir Begovic

View attachment 229137.

Quarter Final 2nd leg
As Nancy Lorraine 2 vs. 0 Stoke City

I’m not really fussed with this result as we set out with a much weaker team and to be honest we played ok, however it didn’t matter much. We are through!
MOM Wilson Palacios

View attachment 229138

Here we go! Another semi final that consists of Stoke City and Manchester United. So far United have beat city to the Community Shield, Knocked them out of the League Cup and are their closest rivals in the league. But will Stoke be after revenge?

Semi Final
Stoke City 4 vs. 1 Man United
Shawcross, Cisse, Etherington, Thiago

Whoever said this result was going to be one team, then they were proven wrong today! We were fantastic, they proved everyone with a massive win and it has put us in the Fa Cup final against Fulham! Well done Lads. This will be a big boost in the next couple of games.
MOM Jermaine Pennant

View attachment 229136

Match Day 31
Stoke City 2 vs. 0 Everton
Shawcross, Cisse

In what was a close game, I saw the lads put in a hard shift tonight and got the important three points on offer, Well done lads. We are playing well and look very neat and tidy when we have the ball ‘ Stokelona’ is sure paying off!
MOM Jermaine Pennant

Match Day 32
Cardiff 2 vs. 4 Stoke City
Cisse, Higginbotham, Shawcross, Walters

Great win today, and has given me that boost that we all needed after a tiring week however we pulled off the win with fantastic attacking play and the lads played brilliant. Well done boys, keep it up!
MOM Jonathan Walters

View attachment 229137

Semi Final 1st Leg

Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Chelsea
Niang(2), Cisse

Great win! I cant believe it, we won a great match. The boys are a credit and proved to me that when they are playing a really tough game, that they can come through and win it and put us in a really strong position for the return leg at Stamford Bridge.
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 229136

Match Day 33
Swansea City 0 vs. 1 Stoke City
Cahill

Great win, it was very tight. To be honest Swansea were the better side and looked more likely to win however with some fine defending we pulled it off and got the win!
MOM Gary Cahill

Player Of The Month
Jermaine Pennant

View attachment 229139

Match Of The Month

View attachment 229140

League Table

View attachment 229141
Has one extra game on, as you see I forget to PS earlier

Burrows’ View

This month has been great! We are playing brilliant in the league and are looking likely that we will be taking united all the way until the end. We are through to the final of the Fa Cup and will be looking confident in securing a 2nd successive win and we are also got one foot into the Euro cup final, against either Leverkusen or Genoa! However we will not get ahead of ourselves as we look for a impressive May to finish of the year!

**********************************************************************************

End of season etc later on.

April’13

View attachment 229376

Semi Final 2nd Leg
Chelsea (3) 2 vs. 1 (4) Stoke City
Thiago

We are through ! I cant quite believe it, what an achievement. We weren’t expected to go through the group stage and now we have a chance of winning it! Wow! Brilliant performance from the lads, I gave some of the main players a rest as we have some important fixtures coming up and will be looking to be match sharp for them games. Well done Lads! You can be very proud of yourselves tonight.
Mom Wilson Palacios

View attachment 229378

Match Day 35
Reading 1 vs. 3 Stoke City
Cisse, Etherington, OG

This win has now put up back on top. We played brilliantly are thoroughly deserved the win and we got it. Stoke City can be very proud of their football team as they edge closer and closer to winning the league, fantastic lads keep it going up all the way til the end!
MOM Papiss Cisse

Match Day 36
Stoke City 3 vs. 0 Liverpool
Cisse(3)

When I first bought Papiss, fans and even the board doubted my decision but this lad has won us games, are his goal scoring record speaks for itself this year, fantastic performance from everyone and it’s left us with 2 points needed to win the title! However it’s the Cup Finals up next, so this week our heads will be down and raring to go for them!
MOM Papiss Cisse

Cup finals in separate posts later

Match Day 37
Chelsea vs. Stoke City

We go into this game, only needing a win to be crowned champions, however it will be tough but I have faith in the lads and hope we can pull it off! Come on Potters! Pull it out of the bag.

Chelsea 1 vs. 2 Stoke City
Palacios,Johnson

Chelsea started off bright with Essien scoring in the 4th minute of the match, however the lads didn’t get there head down and had levelled in the 12th minute through Palacios. As the game went on, Chelsea had more and more attacks, and with only our second shot of the match, we grabbed the winner. The final whistle blew, the lads started celebrating, I was in shock. Dave Watson (assistant manager) had to shake me and inform me we had won the league! Like I had to be informed, I jumped for joy. All my emotions just came out! We are the champions!
MOM Wilson Palacios

View attachment 229379

Match Day 38
Tottenham 1 vs. 0 Stoke City

I’m not too fussed by the result, we played a few players that I promised I chance to, so I’m fine. This rounds of the games this year, what a fantastic season! Well done lads!
MOM Marc Wilson

Match Of The Month

View attachment 229380

Player Of The Month
Papiss Cisse
View attachment 229382

League Table

View attachment 229381
Burrows’ View:
‘We are the champions,my frie…’
Wow, that song has been going through my mind all night! What a way to finish of the season! I still can’t believe we are the new champions of England, I am so pleased for the lads, and to top it off I got rewarded with Manager of The Year for the second time in a row! Unbelievable.
I just need to thank all the players, staff and most importantly the fans for their support and hard work, so thanks!

Cup finals coming this way! I had to write May update without giving to much away ;)

View attachment 229407
Fa Cup Final 2013
Fulham vs. Stoke City

The day has finally arrived, the 2013 Fa Cup final. Todays final will be a clash of Fulham and current holders Stoke City. Stoke are in good form and have been over-achieving this season after finding themselves in 1st place and only needing two points out of the last two matches. Fulham are also playing very well and have found them themselves 7th and looking good. Today’s match will indeed be a tough one to call.

Stoke City manager Jake Burrows has answered questions ahead of the big day:
Reporter: Jake, you find yourself in the Final of the Fa cup for the second time in two years that you have been in charge, how do you feel?

Burrows: It’s great, the players, the staff have worked so hard and I am really proud to be manager of Stoke City FC and I hope to get the result we want.

Reporter: You also have the Euro Cup coming up next, what’s more important? Winning a continental tournament or the Fa Cup?

Burrows: obviously it is nice to win a continental cup as you face different types of challenge however winning the Fa cup is a massive achievement as it is the biggest tournament in the UK. Nevertheless I am aiming to win them both!

Reporter: How do you describe your relationship with Paul Lambert?

Burrows: Paul is a great guy, we have had tough battles this year and this will be no different. Thankyou!

Team Line ups:

Fulham Stoke City

View attachment 229408 View attachment 229409

Fulham haven’t got any issues with their team as they field probably their strongest side. However Stoke have gone into this match without Starlet Mbaye Niang as he didn’t pass his fitness exam this morning, and Jonathan Walters and Thiago are also not available as they are injured for the next 4weeks and will miss the rest of the season.

Up front Drenthe will take place as Stoke are without any other striker as Jerome is unlikely to feature ever again after his fall-out with Burrows and Jones is also injured. In Centre midfield Tonge will take place instead of Thiago and will look to show why he wants a place in the team.

Fa Cup Final Half Time
Fulham 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Pennant

A good half, as we go in level. We let in a goal early on but we got back in to it from a great team goal. We expect the second half to be very tight and only one goal is probably needed to become cup champions!

Fa Cup Final Full Time
Fulham 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Pennant

As expected the half was tight, both team played well but my lads looked the most likely however we couldn’t pull it off and we go into extra time, in my eyes on top.

Fa Cup Final Full Time Extra Time
Fulham 1 vs. 2 Stoke City
Pennant, Drenthe

We have done it! We are the champions of the Fa cup for the 2nd year running, what an achievement! Well done lads, we worked hard and I am very proud of you all, however celebrations are on hold as we have the Euro Final next and decider vs. Chelsea in 4 days. Well done once again
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 229413

View attachment 229421

Euro Cup Final 2013
Stoke City vs. Bayer Leverkusen

It is here, the Europa League Final between Stoke and Leverkusen. Today’s match looks to be a tight match, however the German side are looking more likely to win it and have been made favourites to take the trophy. This is the first time in Stoke’s 150 year history that they have made the final. Yet on the other hand their opponents are looking to win the competition for the second time in their history.

Team Line ups:

Stoke City Bayer Leverkusen

View attachment 229422 View attachment 229423

Stoke City

Stoke will be without midfielder Thiago today, as he is currently injured and will miss this game, however on a brighter note, Potters fans will be happy to hear that Niang is back in the starting 11 and will look to be the difference between the two teams tonight.
Key Player - Papiss cisse

Bayer Leverkusen

Bayer will be starting a team purely on choice, as he has no injured stars currently and has a whole squad to choose from, much to my Burrows’ envy. Inspirational striker Kießling will be looking to break his scoring duck here today
Key Player - Kießling

Euro Cup Final Half Time
Stoke City 0 vs. 0 Leverkusen

A tight first half, with both teams having chances, neither have been able to score just yet, but it will be a matter of time, I have rallied the teams in the dressing room. And told them exactly what to expect and how to perform.

Euro Cup Full Time
Stoke City 2 vs. 0 Leverkusen
Cisse, Niang

We have done it! Against the odds, we have completed the treble; League, Fa cup, Euro cup! What an achievement, I am so proud of the lads, they have worked and worked. They can have a thoroughly deserved rest after tomorrow - as there is a after season party tonight through til morning! Well done lads, be proud of your achievements!
MOM Mbaye Niang

After the match, Jake was on hand to be interviewed; here is what he had to say.

Reporter: Your sat here after just winning the Euro cup, completing the famous treble, how are you feeling?

Burrows: how do you think I feel? Absolutely ecstatic, I just cant get it into my head, it’s just like, wooo!

Reporter: On a personal level, how does it feel getting Manager Of The Year , two years running?

Burrows: I am quite shocked, as in these 23 months, I have not once got manager of the month, however I am delighted that my hard work has been recognized, so pleased!

Reporter: Reports has suggested you are interested in the Chelsea job, true?

Burrows: oh yes, I read that in the paper, I just want to say I am at home here at Stoke and my contract runs out in 2016 and as long as I am contracted here, then I am a Stoke City manager.

Reporter: Do you have any plans for the summer? Any Transfer targets?

Burrows: Well, when the lads get back from their break, I plan to take them on a tour around a country, not sure where yet and just play a few pre-season matches etc. Transfer targets, at the moment I haven’t looked , or even taken notice as wwe are celebrating our success however you will all be first to know!

Season Review up next guys! Later or tomorrow!

Winner: Stoke City
Runner - up: Manchester United

Relegated: Swansea, Cardiff, Birmingham

Champions League : Stoke , Man United, Arsenal, Tottenham
Euro Cup: Man City, Chelsea, Fulham

Most Goals: Manchester United - 84 Goals
Conceded: Manchester United - 13 Goals

Top Scorer: Wayne Rooney - 31 Goals
Most Assists: Jermaine Pennant -
Avg Rating: Wayne Rooney - 7.57
Golden Glove: De Gea - 23 Clean Sheets

Footballer Of The Year: Wayne Rooney
Player’s Player Of The Year: Sergio Aguero
Young Player Of The Year: Javier Hernandez
Manager Of The Year: Jake Burrows

Runner up: Fulham

Most Goals: Stoke City - 16 Goals

Top Scorer: Sigborsson - 6 Goals
Most Assists: LuaLua - 5 Assists
Man Of The Tournament: Papiss Cisse

Winner: Manchester United
Runner up: Everton

Most Goals: Chelsea - 10 Goals

Top Scorer: Matty Fryatt - 3 Goals
Most Assists: Tom Cleverly - 4 Assists
Man Of The Tournament: Tom Cleverly

Champions League

Winner: Barcelona
Runner up: Manchester United

Euro Cup

Runner up: Bayer Leverkusen

Sorry this isn't very good, tired! + update tomorrow!

View attachment 229604

Breaking News: Werder Bremen and Chelsea approach Burrows!

Chelsea and Werder Bremen have both offered Jake Burrows a contract to take over their clubs. It is to believe that Jake has accepted one of the contracts, yet whose is still to be discovered.

This is likely to upset fans of Stoke City as they saw Burrows as an icon, and the best thing to happen to City in a long time. Burrows is said to be the master mind behind their treble this season and to be honest, people can see why bigger clubs are in for the hot talent from Grimsby/

Abramovic has declined to comment on the situation as things are early and doesn’t want to unsettle, Stoke or the man in question!

However we did manager to catch up with Peter Coates, Stoke City Chairmen;
View attachment 229605
‘ Yes I can confirm that Jake has been offered contracts by two larger teams, however we are yet to know whether he will take the jobs or not. But I want to reassure fans that, we will do everything in our power to persuade Jake to stay, as I know he loves this club and he has already expressed his ambitions for next season with me.’

More news as it happens…

Not going to give away this twist, but 'The Sun' is a tabloid...​

View attachment 229686

Burrows STAYS at Stoke!

Reports has just come in that manager Jake Burrows is staying at Stoke and in his eyes always has been. Jake Spoke to the press today, giving a statement on the matter.

‘There has been a tabloid newspaper going out their way to make up some bull **** of a article of me apparently accepting a job offer. I can honestly say, I had no doubt in my mind about staying at Stoke and the offers were swiftly rejected. I wont to apologise to the fans for not coming out and stating the FACTS earlier however my agent only told me this morning about it. I will be pursuing a law suit over whether or not this story is aloud to be published, however I will be forgetting about that and concentrating on the future of Stoke City Football Club, starting from this new season.

Talking about New things, we are proud to announce a 2 year kit sponsorship deal with Aviva, Britannia have been good with our kits over the years, but it was decided that a fresh new sponsor was put on the kits. Thank you for your time’
Here they are;

Home Kit Away Kit

View attachment 229687 View attachment 229688
Thanks to Hermanchides for designing the kits. Ever need a kit making this man is the one!
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/kits/77629-hermanchides-kit-request-thread.html

Manager Jake Burrows is clearly not happening with what happened by The Sun and looks to take action. This will surely delighted the fans here as Fan favourite Jake will be staying at the Britannia Stadium for the for at least another season anyway.

How do you like the kits? very smart i reckon! looking forward to the new season, by the way i have Barcelona in the Super Cup!

Barcelona?You'll beat them 10-0:pClass kits mate,you've made me ask for some

View attachment 229905

Stoke sign Tottenham Duo

Stoke manager Jake Burrows has dipped in to the transfer market for the first time this summer. Aaron Lennon and Rafael Van Der Vaart has signed for Stoke in a reported £7.5m combined deal. Lennon cost a estimated £6m whilst VDV cost £.1.5m

In recent weeks Lennon has been openly praising Burrows and hinting at the fact that he’d like to join his club, as he has found himself disappointed at the lack of opportunities that he is getting at Tottenham. The same situation occurred for Van Der Vaart as he wasn’t getting the opportunity and Burrows has recently expressed his desire for a experienced quality player for his team

The pair were introduce to the media this morning with their new manager, this is what had been said;

View attachment 229906

Reporter: Burrows, you sit here today with new signing Aaron Lennon and Rafael Van Der Vaart, absolutely fantastic players when at their best. How do you feel?

Burrows: Well, obviously I am delighted like you said they are fantastic players when in top form, and we will be working hard with them both to find their best again!

Reporter: Lennon, you have openly been talking to the press about your situation, are you happy now a solution has been found?

Lennon: I am delighted, Stoke are a fantastic team and the gaffer has developed them onwards and upwards, I am really looking forward to playing under such a talented guy!

VDV: I’ll second that!

Reporter: Now you have got the deal wrapped up, will there be anymore players coming in?

Burrows: This is something we are looking at, future stars, and somebody that will make a difference straight from the off. As we need more depth in the squad.

Reporter: Do you have any positions/ or players in mind?

Burrows: We will be looking at the Left full back area as Collins left at the end of the season, after we decided not to renew his contract, Higginbotham retired, so we really need a left back! Thank you for your time.

• [*=left]As Aaron Lennon enter Britannia Stadium, Kenwyne Jones is leaving, Beskitas have bought the Trinidad and Tobago striker in a £3.6 million pound deal. This was suspected from fans as, he hasn’t been playing his best and has expressed his desire for a new start

• [*=left]Danny Higginbotham retires from the game, the defender has been great last season however he felt it was time to hang up his boots

• [*=left]Danny Collins has left the club on a free after the Burrows decided against renewing his contract.

• [*=left]Stoke have been linked with Daniel Sturridge after the youngster’s contract expired from Chelsea

World Wide News

• [*=left]Sir Alex Ferguson has decided it’s time to hang up his note pad and put his chewing gum back in the cupboard after he retired from Manchester United, he won United’s 20th league title two seasons back but losing the title to Stoke, he has admitted was his last season.

What do you reckon with our signings? Anybody want to recommend any players?

Tr get a update up later, how's everyone thinking of the story?
Obviously a bit slow as pre season takes ages -.- will get a July update soon!!