The boss has called me into his office, surely it cant be bad, maybe it’s a bit of good luck for the rest of the season of ahead of the Bara’ game. I always worry when me and Peter Coates meet it’s like being sent to the Head teachers office when your at school but then finding out that your not in trouble. Well here goes.
View attachment 233734

*Knock, Knock*

Coates: Come on in Jake, you know you can always just walk in!

Burrows: Ah, you’d of thought after 2 and a half years that I would of known by now!

Coates: True, well you may be wondering why I have called you in here?

Burrows: Well yes I do. It’s not anything bad, is it…?

Coates: No! Don’t be silly, right we are twelve points clear in the league, with eight games to go. We are in the Semi finals of the Fa Cup and the quarters of the European Champions Cup. I just want to highlight our expectations for the last part of the season… Premier league, we can not lose this now! We have been very impressive this year, your are certainly the mastermind behind our success. How do you feel about the rest of the season etc.

Burrows: Well, this has got to be the best season ever, we are still unbeaten in the league and like you said still in the cups. I am honoured to know that is how you think of me, but Peter, the players are the ones that need praising, they have been fantastic!

Coates: I certainly agree! Talking about players, I also thought we may as well set our transfer targets before the summer so we can get deals sorted very quickly. Any suggestions?

Burrows: Well, I think we need to look at the possibility of signing a left midfielder, as I believe we are weak in that area. Roysten is a great player but I believe we can get a player better than him, somebody that will make a much bigger impact in a match!

Coates: At first there I was wondering about Roysten however after you explained that I understand where you are coming from! I noticed Loic Remy was struggling in France and was looking to move to a bigger club in England or Spain. What do you reckon?

Burrows: Remy is a great player, and I am would love to have him in my squad, should we also look into getting rid of the ‘dead wood’ eg.) Cameron Jerome, I believe doesn’t fit the bill, I’m afraid. This summer I would love to get a big name players, to excite the fans but to also help us in next season.

Coates: Right, I see! I will look into that and get back to you. Thank you for this chat Jake. Keep up the good work and tell the lads to work, work, work right up until the end of the year!

Burrows: Certainly Peter, I will quote you on that!

Update tomorrow

i'll try get the update up tonight, computer going vv slow and i had football training til 9!!! if i dont then it will be tomorrow! :) Sorry guys, dont want to feel like i'm letting you down!

April’14

View attachment 234174

Quarter-Final 1st Leg
Stoke City 2 vs. 0 Barcelona
Etherington, Niang

Wow! What a win, I cant quite believe it! The fans were in ruptures at the final whistle, we have beat the Spanish giants and have put us in a great position in the return leg. Etherington put us ahead in the first half, we then carried on playing the way we know how and we looked very impressive on the ball compared to the team we ‘admired’ 3 years ago! The second half began and we soon scored the second and led the match from then on!
MOM Matthew Ethrington

View attachment 234175

Match Day 31
Stoke 2 vs. 0 Reading
Shawcross, Cisse

Another win and another three points! Great performance lads and I hope we take this into the Barcelona match, fantastic lads. Keep it up all the way to the end of the season!
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 234174

Quarter-final 2nd Leg
Barcelona (0) 0 vs. 0 (2) Stoke City

I cant believe it! This is an absolutely fantastic feeling, a very hard fought draw and it has got us into the Semi-finals against Portuguese league leaders Benfica! Well done lads I am very proud, fantastico!
MOM Anders Lindegaard

View attachment 234175

Match Day 32
Sunderland 0 - 3 Stoke City
Thiago, Nilmar, Cisse

As if I thought my week couldn’t get any better! We are the CHAMPIONS! Chelsea lost there match and we knew before the game that if we won then we would of sealed it! What an achievement, so happy for the lads and to reclaim the title is fantastic!
MOM Thiago

View attachment 234176

Semi Final
Manchester City 2 vs. 1 Stoke City
Cisse

Absolutely gutted, it was a hard fought effort but they clinched the win deep into the second half to end our 50+ games unbeaten, unlucky lads, don’t get complacent, maybe this was a bad time to play this tie as the lads will still be on a high from winning the league.
MOM Thiago

View attachment 234174

Who would of thought we would be in the semi final in our first ever season in the champions league! The lads have been exceptional and whatever happens, happens!

Semi-final 1st leg
Stoke City 2 vs. 1 Benfica
Huth, Cisse

Woo! Great win and we worked extremely hard to get it, fantastic effort lads and well done, this is only the first half in this match so we still have our work to do in the away leg! Brilliant effort and the fans went home very happy!
MOM Robert Huth

View attachment 234175

Match Day 33
Blackburn Rovers 2 vs. 2 Stoke City
Van Der Vaart, Niang

The lads were very poor today and I even though we have won the league I don’t expect to see rubbish performances from the team, Saying that we were winning until the 3rd minute of added time so we were close I guess! Remember lads, unbeaten in the league is still at stake!
MOM Rafael Van Der Vaart

View attachment 234174

Semi final 2nd Leg
Benfica (2) 1 vs. 1 (3) Stoke City
Shawcross

Oh my ******* god! ( excuse my delusional French ) I cant believe it, we are through to the 2014 champions league final and have to face our fellow English side Arsenal who beat Bayer Munich to grab their place in the final clash of the season! The lads were exceptional and grabbed a goal in the first half before conceding later in the second half, Well done lads and thank you for the effort you have given me all season, keep it up and the rewards will keep coming!
MOM Anders Lindegaard

Player Of The Month
Anders Lindegaard

View attachment 234177

Match Of The Month

View attachment 234178

League Table

View attachment 234179

Burrows’ View
What a month this has been! It is arguably one of the best months I have ever had in my life and certainly the best since I have taken over Stoke! I couldn’t quite get over knocking out Barcelona before I knew it we was in the final! Brilliant lads, we have won the league and are in the final of the Champions league, great lads and I am very proud of you all. Bring on May, four games left and the Champions league final!

May up soon guys J Trying to get loads tomorrow as I am off to my nans so wont get much do this weekend possibly, but I will try :D

OMG Champions League FINALISTS!
p.s im on holiday for 8days from tomorrow so just because i don't post it doesn't mean i don't think this is the best story EVER!

May’14

View attachment 234259

Match Day 35
Stoke City 5 vs. 2 Fulham
Lennon, Nilmar (3), OG

Great victory from the lads as we near the end of the season, we went down 1-0 but showed massive improvement in the second half and got the win in the end! Fantastic lads keep it going!
MOM Nilmar

Match Day 36
Stoke City 1 vs. 0 Aston Villa
Etherington

A good win against a resilient Villa side. Matthew Etherington looks in great form as I try and test different players out to pick my side for the Champions league Final. Keep it going lads and fight for the starting places that are up for grabs!
MOM Matthew Etherington

Match Day 37
West Bromwich 3 vs. 5 Stoke City
Drenthe, Walker, Thiago, Cisse(2)

Another great win, we are scoring well this month and this could be good leading into the final. The left midfield role is looking a hard decision with each player fighting for their place and Drenthe and Etherington in top form at the moment! Well done lads, we are one draw/win away from going undefeated in the league!
MOM Papiss Cisse

Match Day 38
Stoke City 5 vs. 3 Liverpool
Niang(3), Cisse, Huth

What a way to finish off the season and in front of our own fans as well! We were winning 3-1 before going back level before half time leaving an exciting second half for everyone, but we came out on top and finished unbeaten throughout the whole season! Well done lads, fantastic last month and you have all done yourselves very proud and we look good for the upcoming final! Come on Stokelona!
MOM Mbaye Niang

Player Of The Month
Mbaye Niang
View attachment 234260

Match Of The Month

View attachment 234261

League Table

View attachment 234262

Burrows’ View
I want to start off by saying, what a season we have had and I want to thank the players for all their effort throughout the season, and the commitment they have put in. Also the board’s support and effort they have put in to help our success this season and more to come hopefully! To finish off the season I won Manager Of The Year for the third year and once again it is as proud as when I won it the first time!

Woop! Champions League final should be done in a hour or so! ,

IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN IMPROVE, MAKING THIS BOLD SO I CAN GET YOU ATTENTION AND OPINION ON THE STORY!! :)

View attachment 234342
Champions League Final 2014
Stoke City vs. Arsenal

View attachment 234343

The time is here, the Champions of Europe will be founded tonight, as Arsenal and Stoke face each other for the Champions League Trophy! For Arsenal it will be their third appearance in the final of this tournament, as for Stoke it is their first appearance in the Champions League, let alone appearance in the final! League Champions Stoke have been in great form this year and have got the Euro super cup, Community Shield, League cup also to their name whereas Arsenal, in the league have not had the best of seasons but in cup football league form doesn’t count!

Team Line - ups

Arsenal Stoke City

View attachment 234344 View attachment 234345 

Team News

Stoke City

Matthew Etherington starts ahead of Roysten Drenthe, news has it that this is because of a falling out between manager Jake Burrows and Roysten during training last week. Rafael Van Der Vaart has been forced to watch from the sidelines at the Nou Camp as he is off injured, which could turn out to be a big blow towards Stokes’ chances, also out injured is Gary Cahill, who got injured last month and is still out and will look to miss the World cup! Normal pair Niang and Cisse are up top, carrying good form with them in recent weeks.

Arsenal

Arsenal will be without danger man Andre Ayew as he is out injured, so English Speed machine Theo Walcott will be taken the job of running at the Stoke City defence in Barcelona tonight. In form Van Persie starts whilst Arteta is dropped to the bench, Ramsey taking his place in central midfield.

Champions League Final 2014
Stoke City 1 vs. 0 Arsenal
Shawcross

The match started off bright, with both teams having some chances, however none were really very testing. As the half draw closer, I told the lads to push on searching for a goal. Just as I said that, a corner whipped in and there was Ryan higher than the rest, and the ball was in the back of the net! The crowd were going wild, me and Dave (*** man) were going wild, and the players were going wild! We were 1-0 up in the Final, wow, what a feeling! The half time whistle went

We went into the second half 1-0. All I told the boys in the dressing room was “Keep doing what you are doing, your shutting them out, they are not liking all the pressure they get when they receive the ball, they also hate the fact it takes them a very long time or a silly mistake to gain the ball back again, so keep it up lads and go out there and win this trophy!”

It must of worked as all throughout the 45minutes we chased and chased the ball down and kept the ball when we received. 92 minutes of on the Time watch, only one more minute to hold on I though, come on lads! The ref looked down at his watch, whistle in his mouth, he blew! We have won the Cup, celebrations all around, the players hugged and jumped every where! Great achievement, the crowd sang my name, this is what football is about, surprising people, underdogs win the cup! Fantastic.
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 234346

Match Interview

View attachment 234347

Reporter: Congratulations on winning the Champions Cup, how do you feel?

Burrows: Well, I feel fantastic, wee bit drenched from the champagne but I will cope with it, especially tonight!

Reporter: You won the Cup on Stokes’ first ever attempt in the actual tournament, how do you feel being able to say it was you that took the team there?

Burrows: It’s great to be able to say that, but it is really the team that took Stoke there, and they deserve so much credit right now!

Reporter: Thiago was recently names Player Of The Tournament, how did the player react and how happy are you for him?

Burrows: That’s exactly what he is capable of, he is a great talent and a honoured to manage, Well done Thiago! And well, the lads found out before I could get a chance to tell him, I just turned up to training yesterday and he was buzzing and he then explained why, good on him!

Reporter: This is our first chance to say congratulations on winning Manager Of The Year, three times in a row, in fact!

Burrows: Thank you, it’s great to win personal achievements, however I much prefer to win titles, trophies with Stoke City FC but It Is nice winning personal rewards on the way!

Reporters: Lastly, the transfer market opens soon, do you have any targets in sight etc?

Burrows: There are a few players on our radar, especially after Etherington decided to set his retirement date in a months time! Big stars include, Gareth Bale, Mesut Ozil!

Reporter: Thank you!

Off in a hour on the train, if there is internet on it then i will get another one done, if not it will be later on!

As usual another great result, you must be a tactical genius to win all the games you have won! Congrats on your champions league final!

As usual another great result, you must be a tactical genius to win all the games you have won! Congrats on your champions league final!

i really dont know how either :L i worry people think i cheat when i don't, i like to pass the ball around, evidence of this change in stoke is they are no longer worst foulers, think we are bottom 5 in red/yellow cards etc lol!

A little update later haven't had time as I am away camping , try get something up in a bit before I go back to the caravan :)

View attachment 234635

Remy: Dream Come True

Loic Remy has expressed his delight at his summer transfer to Premier League champions Stoke City. The French international has told Sky Sports that his dream was to sign for a English giant and after Stoke have won the premier league twice and the champions league, they are exactly what he was after!

View attachment 234636

He also has a dig at his former manager after he felt excluded from the squad and throughout last season was looking for a new team. Remy last night ‘I am delighted at signing for Stoke City and I am very excited to be player for such a club and manger like Jake Burrows. He has shown great ability in management and continues to improve all the time’

We also caught up with his new manager Jake Burrows as he left the Britannia stadium. This is what he has to say ’ Loic is a great player and I am looking forward to him being in my squad as we look to improve for next season. I saw that he was unhappy at his old club so I spoke to the chairman about a possible transfer and the deal was done!
When asked if there any more players to be arriving, he replied ‘ obviously it is something we are looking at and want to press on with, there are a few players on our radar which I wont tell of as to not risk unsettling them etc’

It is to be believed that Loic Remy cost Stoke £4.1 million pound to bring him to the Potters, and he joins Papiss Cisse, Mbaye Niang and Daniel Sturridge in a very strong strike force! It is rumored that Burrows is in the market for a left midfielder after Matthew Etherington announced he would be retiring at the end of the month!

More transfer news from around the globe as it happens

What do you guys think? I will do the season review as and when I can possibly today maybe tomorrow, I am not in caravan tomorrow so will have more updates as usual!

i really dont know how either :L i worry people think i cheat when i don't, i like to pass the ball around, evidence of this change in stoke is they are no longer worst foulers, think we are bottom 5 in red/yellow cards etc lol!

It's something I worry about as well (I don't have a story, but post game updates in Thedugout forums and SIgames) and I went 31-2-3 in my first season with Liverpool. Seems kinda unbelievable to some people. :p

Great story, I've just read all the way through it (lazy sundays. <3), enjoying it a lot. :)

Can anyone think of a good Assistant Manager, as man city nabbed Dave Watson( money grabbing ) off me -.-

Season Review

View attachment 234986

Winner: Stoke City
Runner-Up: Chelsea

Relegated: Wigan, Norwich, Southampton

Champions League: Stoke City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City
Euro Cup: Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal

Most Goals: Stoke City - 90
Conceded: Stoke City - 31
Overachiever: West Ham
Under-performer: Fulham

Top Scorer: Javier Hernandez - 21
Most Assist: Juan Vargas - 12 Assists
Avg Rating: Eden Hazard - 7.51
Golden Glove: De Gea - 16
Signing of the Season: Rafael Van Der Vaart - £1.5m
Worst Signing of the Season: Kevin Monnent-Paquet - £4.3m

Footballer Of The Year: Eden Hazard
Players Player Of The Year: Luka Modric
Young Player Of The Year: Ganso
Manager Of The Year: Jake Burrows

Winner: Manchester City
Runner-Up: Arsenal

Most Goals: Manchester City - 21

Top Scorer: Adebayor - 7
Most Assists: Pennant - 5
Man Of The Tournament: Pennant - 8.40

Runner-Up: Manchester City

Most Goals: Stoke City - 14

Top Scorer: Shane Long - 4
Most Assists: Pennant - 4
Man Of The Tournament: Andre Ayew - 8.90
Runner-Up: Arsenal
Winner: Manchester City
Runner-Up: Atletico Madrid

*********************************************************************​

well done in going unbeaten especially with stoke and winning champions league.great acheivment

View attachment 235031
View attachment 235032 View attachment 235033

Stoke Sign Duo!

Stoke manager Jake Burrows has dipped his feet into the market by signing two midfielders to boost his squad. First of all they signed Angel Di Maria on a season long loan, at a reported £2.1million pound loan fee.

They have also brought in German international Andre Shürrle for a club record fee of £22m. Andre has out at his former manager after arriving at the Britannia Stadium, after they felt out due to a training ground brawl with other players. He spoke about his transfer to Stoke earlier ’I am delighted to of joined Stoke as they are a fantastic club with a lot of potential and talent, I cannot wait to get started!’

His new manager Burrows has spoken of his happiness after to getting his new men that he was after ‘I am very happy, are target this summer was to get a left midfielder and Angel fits that bill perfectly and Andre who can play left, right and up front is a great buy for the club and I am looking forward to working with them both!’

Last edited:
View attachment 235231

Burrows to apply for National jobs!

An insider of the club has told Stoke News that our very own manager Jake Burrows is looking to take control of either Spain or England. Don’t worry Stoke fans, he will be taking charge of both the Potters and one of the national teams if he is successful!

View attachment 235236 View attachment 235238
Both managers yesterday as they left the Headquarters.

This is all come about after both teams had miserable World Cup campaigns with England going out in the 2nd Round on penalties against eventual winners Uruguay. With Spain also going out earlier than expected. However neither of their respective managers got sacked with Fabio Capello retiring from management and Pep Guardiola leaving the Spanish national team to further his management somewhere else.

City manager Burrows hasn’t yet commented on the subject, with fans hoping he will get the England job due to the need for a excellent manager to take over their country. Spain have also got Burrows one of the favourites to take charge however fans may want a manager with the same nationality.

If I get offered both, which team should I choose?