Guess I am Spain then! Updates in a bit, been out all day. But finally getting back on properly :)

View attachment 235514

Burrows, National Traitor?

Grimsby-born Stoke City manager Jake Burrows has caused the nation shock as he accepted a managerial place with Spain. BBC Sport understands that the Spanish FA had got in touch with Burrows early yesterday morning and were very eager to snap him up before the England job got offered.

View attachment 235515

The Spanish Football Association has given a statement on the arrival of their new manager this morning ‘When Jake expressed his wish to take over the vacant manager role left by Pep Guardiola, we knew we had to act fast as the lads native country were closing in on him. However we moved fast and offered the job and thankfully he accepted. I understand some of our fans haven’t yet come round at the idea of having a foreign manager at the helm however we expect great things from Jake and know he can take us back to where we belong!

Meanwhile, as Burrows is taking questions at the Santiago Bernabeu after flying out there this morning, England are lining up a new manager after losing out on everyone’s primary choice, with Stuart Pearce favourite to move from the u21’s to the senior squad.

1 hour later…

We have just received a statement from Jake Burrows on his way back from Spain, here is what he had to say to us ’ I am very happy to become the new Spain National coach as it is great honour to take charge of a international team as it is ( I’ve heard ) totally different to club management and I cant wait to start the next journey in my career. Stoke fans, I want to promise you my full attention is still with ’my’ club and will not lose focus on our season expectations and dreams! I also however want to address the main question people are asking me ’Why Spain, why not England?’ well, I apply for both jobs as I wanted to continue my career further by taking charge of a top Nation. Both teams came knocking and offered me the role, however after speaking to both FA’s I decided Spain were the team to take forward, they play how I want my teams to play, and yes I will love to manage England one day! Another reason, Spain seemed to want me more, they were the first to offer me the job and quite frankly it’s a great offer to get the chance to manage such a great national team on all levels, thank you for your time.’

Sorry was late, went bingo with the nan’ and grandad… why not ;)

July’14

View attachment 235536

Pre-Season

We are kicking off our Pre-Season campaign away to Genk, hoping to get a good result to lead us on our way before visiting my home town Grimsby, Brighton and then a two-match tour of France.

Genk 0 vs. 3 Stoke City
Sturridge(2), Thiago

Great start from the lads, we played excellent football and the boys looked a real team even though it was some of their first games for the club! Well done lads, lets get a good steady Pre-Season run of form going!
MOM Daniel Sturridge

Grimsby 0 vs. 4 Stoke City
Shawcross, Niang, Thiago, Pennant

Today sees me go to my local town and I got time to take the lads to visit my old school whilst we were there and met up with some of my old mates in ‘The Wellow’! Anyway, the match was a good’un once again the lads showed strength and didn’t lose complacency during the match which is a good sign!
MOM Thiago

Stoke City 3 vs. 0 Brighton
Lennon, Di Maria, Niang

Once again the lads turned up and looked for nothing but a win and we got it! Well played lads. Very impressive stuff out there tonight as we dominated the match.
MOM Angel Di Maria

INF Clairefontaine 0 vs. 10 Stoke City
OG, Cisse, Schürrle(2), OG, Lennon, Niang(4)

Wow! What a victory to start our French tour with! 10-0 is an absolute exaggeration of what I though the score would be, fantastic lads. With 77% possession we dominated proceedings and thoroughly deserved to win and score some goals. Mbaye Niang only came on at half time and still managed to nab himself four goals!
MOM Mbaye Niang

Stade De Reims 2 vs. 4 Stoke City
Huth, Remy, Schürrle, Sturridge

Another Good win, I little disappointed to concede two however we got the win and played very well to win, in what somewhat was a difficult match! Keep it up lads and keep the form going.
MOM Loic Remy

Player Of The Month
Mbaye Niang
View attachment 235537
Burrows’ View

A great month, with some good victories in. The lads look really impressive when on the pitch and play some beautiful football on the ground and passing it around. We have noticed we score a lot of goals during the last five or so minutes of a match. I believe this to be that when we keep the ball moving to each of our players, the opposition chases and chases so therefore getting more tired! Leaving us with fit lads against knackered boys, and get somewhat vital goals!

View attachment 235562
Stoke Sign Ronaldo!

View attachment 235563

Yes, you have read it right, Stoke City have signing Ronaldo, but not the Real Madrid star that’s cost’s mega bucks and score 50+ goals a season, but instead have they have hired former Real Madrid star, Brazilian Ronaldo as their new scout! Many fans remember him for all the good things he did in his career, scoring countless goals and being the worlds best player for years and also working his bollocks off when he starred for his country. However he was also remembered for the strange and bad things throughout his career also.

View attachment 235564 View attachment 235565
Ronaldo’s wacky hairstyle at the 2002 World Cup, and his weight issues have never been resolved since he retired from football.

Stoke are said to be delighted at Ronaldo joining the scouting team as his expertise and awareness in South America and Spain will be able to help manager Jake Burrows find young stars for the future to help his team progress and get stronger!

Other News from around the United Kingdom

• [*=center]Goalkeeping coach Ray Clemence has retired from football after a long debate with team bosses alike. We wish Ray all the success in the future with whatever he decides to do!

View attachment 235747

Community Shield 2014
Stoke City vs. Manchester City

Here it is again, the Premier League’s season starter, the community shield. Stoke are here once again for the third year in a row after winning the League last season, they are the current holders and will be looking forward to the chance of retaining the CS today! Manchester City are playing in this for the second time in four years after losing out 3-2, three years ago. Both teams will be looking to get a good confidence boost ahead of the match with Stoke City slight favourites for the clash at Wembley.

Team Line-Ups

Stoke City Manchester City

View attachment 235753 View attachment 235755

Stoke City

Stoke City manager Burrows has decided on playing new boy Schürrle in the starting line up as he hopes to impress his new fans. There is no starting line up for other new boys Angel Di Maria and Loic Remy, with Lennon and Niang starting ahead of them both. The normal defensive four start with Kyle Walker injured so will miss out today, however he is in the stands watching and cheering his team on!

Manchester City

Controversial Italian Mario Balotelli starts up front for the Money-bags today as Dzeko is demoted to the bench. Once again Yaya Toure doesn’t feature for the citizens as he is slowly falling down the pecking order with James Milner and Nigel De Jong being picked ahead of him. Craig Gordon makes his debut in goal for City following his switch this summer.

Community Shield 2014
Stoke City 2 vs. 1 Manchester City
Shawcross, Van Der Vaart

Whoever says that the Community shield means nothing, well there fibbing! I love winning this trophy, even taking part in it. Well done lads, they put in a great performance and thoroughly deserved to win, and I am very proud of them all!

I gave Schürrle his competitive debut today after having a good Pre - Season and he played very well, rather unlucky not to score as well! The game started off bright for us as we came here to get the win and new a goal or two would set us off on our way. It did at first look like we weren’t going to get a goal before the interval, but Ryan as usual was there to get us a goal, this centre back is a goal scoring, goal saving machine! Soon after the goal, Thiago found himself on a somewhat harsh straight red card. Leaving us with 10 men to try win this match with. The half time whistle went and we got chatting in the changing room and I decided to bring on Remy. I told the lads what I expected and on how to get there
Burrows: We’re playing attractive football, worthy of champions. Keep at it and go out there and win the cup for our fans out there! Keep oassing the ball around and tire City out and we will get another goal.

Cahill: Balotelli is getting frustrated at the lack of chances he is getting, so keep it up lads and frustrate their player by stopping them getting the chances and we will win this match!

Stoke City: Come on!

It was nice to see the unity between the players, also the new lads in the summer have settled in great!
The second half began and we soon found ourselves conceding, which was a bit unfortunate. Another leveller was that city also received a red card leaving both teams level for the last 30 minutes. As the hour struck, we got closer and closer until eventually we got the goal that deflated the city team, well done lads! We worked our socks off and played very well, once again I am very proud of the lads and the recent speculations hasn’t effected the team’s morale!
MOM Ryan Shawcross

Woop! Another trophy in my career I have won 10 trophies and 2 leagues J August update soon!

August’14

View attachment 235757

We only had two games this month once you have taken out the two cup games. Plus I also have an international friendly to report!

Match Day 1
Sunderland 0 vs. 3 Stoke City
Niang(2), Cisse

I told the lads before the match to get a good result to start off the season, to match our Community Shield victory and they sure delivered! Fantastic start to our campaign, good this be a sign of things to come. Brilliant result lads, now lets get our heads down and work as hard as you have done all the time and push yourselves to the limit!
MOM Mbaye Niang

Match Day 2
Stoke City 3 vs. 0 Birmingham
Schürrle(2),Remy

Yes! Another three-nil win and against our local rivals too, which always leaves great delight and bragging rights for our fans. Schürrle scored twice to give us a great start to the match and it was great for him to show the fans what he is capable, he really does look like a great player. Also Loic got off the mark in the league with his goals and I am very proud of the lads!
MOM Andre Schürrle

View attachment 235758

International Friendly
Greece 0 vs. 1 Spain
Pedro

My first senior national match, went very well. The lads played well and deserved the win, we were pretty gutted with not scoring more goals however we got the win and that’s what matters. I gave debuts to Muniain, Thiago and De Gea and they played well, over the next few month I will be looking at the younger stars as the Euros are around two years away and most probably David Villa and co will be past their best unfortunately.
MOM Pedro

Player Of The Month
Andre Schürrle
View attachment 235759

Match Of The Month

View attachment 235760

League Table

View attachment 235761

Burrows’ View

Great start to the season, two wins out of two, scoring six goals and conceding none. The lads have all told me their expectations for the season, and all have impressed me and look ready for the upcoming battle. Internationally, I managed my first match and I was rather impressed with the Spanish lads and as you may know, they already play the style of football I like and want from my teams, well played lads!

Super Cup on tonight and maybe August update, havent felt good today and have been out and about doing nothing -.-!
@United_68 cheers mate :)

View attachment 236058

Uefa Super Cup
Stoke City vs. Manchester City

We’re here again, the Super cup! The trophy in which the Champions Cup and Euro Cup face each other in a battle of champions. Stoke City are here trying to retain their championship. Many cant quite believe how manager Jake Burrows has transformed the Potters into a major European threat! Their opposition today is oil-rich Manchester City after they won the Euro Cup last year.

Team Line-Ups

Stoke City Manchester City

View attachment 236059 View attachment 236060

Stoke City

Angel Di Maria starts for Stoke ahead of Aaron Lennon, Angel has been in good form and looks to leave a good impression in the mind of the Potters fans. Also a surprise is Papiss Cisse starts on the bench as Remy leads the line up front. The normal defensive quad start ahead of in form keeper Lindegaard.

Manchester City

Yaya Toure is set to start for City as Milner is reserved to the bench. Good news for the citizens as Dzeko is back on the frontline with Mario Balotelli is sent the bench. Another change from the Community shield is that Joe Hart is back in goal after playing very well in the first two matches of the league.

Uefa Super Cup
Stoke City 2 vs. 2 Manchester City
OG, Schürrle
Stoke Win 5-4 on penaltys

The game started off dull, with both teams not really having chances, the first chance of the game came to Dzeko which was gratefully collected by Anders. The first goal game in the first half when Clichy put the ball into his own net to give us the lead! I couldn’t believe it, the lads were ecstatic however we couldn’t get ahead of ourselves as we still had a long way to go.

The Second half begun and we were on the back foot, but the defence was in top form and wanted to keep the clean sheet. We had our fair share of shots however Joe Hart was more than ever determined to keep his team in the match. With the game drawing to an end. The forth official put up the stoppage time, three minutes it stated. We were 30 seconds away from the winning the cup I though, but no. City had different ideas. They piled on the pressure and another own goal occurred, Angel Di Maria put the ball into his own net, meaning we had to go into extra time.

Extra time began and we soon found ourselves in front again. I told the lads defend it and keep their cool, The second half began and we looked bright and on course to win it. That was until De Ja Vu occurred with Yaya Toure scoring in the 120th minute. I couldn’t believe it, as penalties went on I thought it wasn’t our day.

As penalties occurred, it was 2-2 then Schürrle got his saved. However we scored the next one and city missed two and we had won the cup!
Well done lads, we deserved the win and eventually got it! I am very proud, this is the such an achievement!
MOM Andre Schürrle

View attachment 236062

nearly my whole staff are made up of ex players haha, nice to see you get ronaldo, roberto carlos is a quality scout too!

City were very lucky getting an own goal in the 93rd minute and the the last minute of extra time...