I know, I couldn't believe it. Then when we missed peno' I was like 'saake'!
lol that happened to me on fm11.I was manging Saudi Arabia in the Asian cup final I was 2-0 ahead the I got 2players sent off they scored 2 to take into extra time I had a player injured then we scored 2 but then thet got 2 back and then we missed 3 penalties and the missed 5!

Last edited:
lol that happened to me on fm11.I was manging Saudi Arabia in the Asian cup final I was 2-0 ahead the I got 2players sent off they scored 2 to take into extra time I had a player injured then we scored 2 but then thet got 2 back and then we missed 3 penalties and the missed 5!
Talk about being lucky!

Good story, also like the fact your possibly from Grimsby by the looks of things, keep it up!

September’14

View attachment 236585

Match Day 3
Aston Villa 1 vs. 3 Stoke City
Schürrle, Cisse, Di Maria

Great three points earned today, Aston Villa are a good side and played very well today so we had our work cut out. However we got the win in the end and it was nice to see Di Maria score in the right net today, great work rate from the lads today. Well done!
MOM Andre Schürrle

View attachment 236586

International Friendly
Spain 4 vs. 0 Greece
Mata, Pique, Muniain, OG

This was the more likely scoreline! We played very well, the lads dominated the match and score more goals due to the much more improved performance up front! Two out of two for me now, next up Cyprus in the Euro Qualifiers!
MOM Gerard Pique

Euro Championships Qualifiers 2014
Spain 6 vs. 0 Cyprus
Solado(2), Muniain(3), Thiago

What a great way to start off the campaign with a six-nil win. This was a great performance from the Spanish team with an English manager and the whole team worked as a nice solid unit to smash Cyprus. Iker Muniain showed me exactly what he can do and Thiago got his first goal which is always nice to see.
MOM Iker Muniain

View attachment 236585

Match Day 4
Stoke City 5 vs. 0 Bolton Wanderers
OG, Di Maria(3), Remy

What a fantastic result! Full credit goes to the players, they went out and put on a show the fans and deserved the win. Well played lads now take that form to Villarreal!
MOM Angel Di Maria

View attachment 236587

Group F
Stoke City
Villarreal
Ajax
SK Rapid Wien

Group Match 1
Villarreal 1 vs. 3 Stoke City
Niang(3)

Great start from the lads - I always call them lads but some of them are older than me haha! I couldn’t of asked for a better start to the Champions League campaign. Keep it up lads, and take this momentum to Blackburn, who we know are a very good team!
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 236585

Match Day 5
Blackburn Rovers 1 vs. 2 Stoke City
Niang(2)

Niang is on fire! 5 goals in two games is fantastic from the lad, and he must be raring with confidence after also getting a hat trick for france last week! Another good win for me and we are looking good! Blackburn were a hard team and played exceptionally well as per usual against us however we stuck by and got the winner!
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 236588

3rd Round
Nottingham Forest 0 vs. 1 Stoke City
Thiago

I rested most of my senior players but the scoreline was still closer than I thought and the performance was terrible to say the least. However we got the win in the 60th minute and are through to the next round!
MOM Thiago

View attachment 236585

Match Day 6
Stoke City 2 vs. 0 West Bromwich
Cisse, OG

A good win today against a good West Brom side who are looking for a mid table spot in the league this year. The lads are once again in top form and were brilliant today to gain the three points!
MOM Papiss Cisse

View attachment 236587

Group Match 2
Stoke City 5 vs. 2 SK Rapid Wien
Cahill, Niang(2), Di Maria, Van Der Vaart

A great result here today as we played well to get another three points on the board, however I am slightly disappointed with our two goals that we conceded however we got the win and that’s what’s important! Well done lads.
MOM Mbaye Niang

Player Of The Month
Mbaye Niang
View attachment 236589

Match Of The Month

View attachment 236590

League Table

View attachment 236591

Burrows’ View
Another great month from the lads, they have worked very hard in training with out main aim of getting that ‘Stokelona’ beauty installed into everyone! Tremendous matches so far as well and the team have worked their socks off to get results and thankfully it’s paid off!

That Niang is Brilliant!The funny thing is IRL he's only scored something like 1goal lol

View attachment 236612

Begovic: Will he PLAY or will he Go

Stoke City Goalkeeper today has announced he is ready to leave the Potters at the end of his contract unless he starts getting first-team football once again. Asmir Begovic was one of the leading men a year ago but since then Stoke have had Ander Lindegaard between the sticks, pulling off great performances each week.

Begovic is suppose to of told Jake Burrows of his plans last week however he has since come to the press to express his desire and maybe win Jake round into picking him. It has seemed to work as we spoke to spoke to his manager on the subject.

View attachment 236614
Begovic leaving the training ground yesterday

Burrows ‘ obviously I expect all my players to be unhappy about not playing week in week out however I expect them to work hard in training and earn their right to start in the team instead of going around moaning about it. I respect Asmir due to his commitment and effort he puts into his performance but his lack of respect has slightly disappointed me’

October’14

View attachment 236727

Match Day 7
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 vs. 1 Stoke City
Niang

A good three points over our local rivals today. However I would of liked to of seen more umph in the final third today as this was a game that we should and could of got a fair few goals in nevertheless we got the win and that’s what is important
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 236728

European Championships Qualifiers
Azerbaijan 0 vs. 3 Spain
Muniain, Busquets, Iniesta

Another game and another three points for us on our quest to get back the Euro crown! We put in an efficient performance tonight and did the job in the first half which promised much but in the second half, the lads slacked off a little which was a bit unfortunate.
MOM Andreas Iniesta

European Championships Qualifiers
Spain 1 vs. 0 Russia
Salado

A solid performance once again from the Spanish team today as we got another three points on the board. We should of won by more, but it just wasn’t to be.
MOM David De Gea

View attachment 236727

Match Day 8
Stoke City 3 vs. 0 Liverpool
Schürrle(2), Cisse

Yes! Well played lads, what a result. Surprisingly we were made comfortable favourites at the bookies, against a 4th placed Liverpool who only missed out on Champions League football due to us beating them last season in the last game. A great performance today matched with a great result. Fantastic effort lads keep it up!
MOM Andre Schürrle

View attachment 236729

Group Match 3
Stoke City 4 vs. 0 Ajax
Niang, Cisse, OG, Sturridge

Woo! Another great win in a short space of time! Who would of thought we would of beat the Dutch champions 4-0. The lads once again worked their socks off and I am really proud of them. Brilliant effort lads, well done and keep up the marvellous work.
MOM Kyle Walker

View attachment 236730

4th Round
Stoke City 3 vs. 0 Blackburn Rovers
Niang(2), Cahill

We’re through to the Quarter Final to play Manchester City in what will be a very tight battle between us two. We had pretty much full control of this match as Blackburn had no answers to our attacks and if we were more prolific it could of easily of been more! Well done lads.
MOM Mbaye Niang

Player Of The Month
Mbaye Niang
View attachment 236731

Match Of The Month

View attachment 236732

League Table

View attachment 236733
Extra game on the table, forgot to PS before Fulham game.

Burrows’ View
Another great month, we are still unbeaten and won all games of this year league campaign so far. Also with Spain I have won all five. I just love the feeling of the crown singing your name, your players. Its amazing!

Do you ever get bored of winning eveything?lol
i dont necessarily get bored, i expected a challenge and i have got one, i admit i expected it to be harder 2nd season nd 3rd but i'm fine! Anyway dont mention bored again as i dont want to get that in my head and start a story ( if people would want ) / Save about my self manager journey... But i want to stay at Stokelona!!

i dont necessarily get bored, i expected a challenge and i have got one, i admit i expected it to be harder 2nd season nd 3rd but i'm fine! Anyway dont mention bored again as i dont want to get that in my head and start a story ( if people would want ) / Save about my self manager journey... But i want to stay at Stokelona!!
lol ok i won't.and you stilll have to achieve world domination with spain

Update up later, is there anything anyone would like to see? anything, any ideas just say 'em!

Dunno if there will be an update tonight, for some reason it keeps turning on then there is a run time error every so often, hopefully there will, if not double tomorrow! #Stokelona

November’14

View attachment 237109

Match Day 9
Stoke City 1 vs. 0 Fulham
Schürrle

A good win, however we should of scored more and the lads know that their shooting needs to improve before we come up against the ‘big’ teams later on in the month. Well done lads, another three points and we are still unbeaten!
MOM Andre Schürrle

View attachment 237110

Group Match 4
Ajax 1 vs. 3 Stoke City
Van Der Vaart(2), Cisse

Yes! Another Great win against the Dutch champions and another brilliant performance from the boys and won the match in a superb style! Lets take this into the next few weeks and we will do well! This win has made us qualified to the next round with two games to play.
MOM Rafael Van Der Vaart

View attachment 237109

Match Day 10
Chelsea 2 vs. 1 Stoke City
Schürrle

Absolutely gutted. One to lose the match as we fought for it but unfortunately didn’t quite play our best. Also this was our chance to be joint with Arsenal’s Record and with Arsenal next it would have been nice to beat them and overtake their record, Lift it up lads and don’t get your heads down, we’re not done yet!
MOM Andre Schürrle

Match Day 11
Stoke City 2 vs. 0 Arsenal
Remy(2)

A great bounce back today as we beat the Londoners and looked very strong throughout the match. It was nice to see Loic on the score sheet as he is looking back to scratch once again.
MOM Loic Remy

Match Day 12
Tottenham 0 vs. 3 Stoke City
Di Maria, Niang, Sturridge

Well that completes our battles against the London clubs, well done lads. You have done me proud with this victory and we thoroughly deserved the win. Fantastic effort lads against a very strong and well played Tottenham team.
MOM Angel Di Maria

View attachment 237110

Group Match 5
Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Villarreal
Niang, Di Maria, Cisse

Brilliant lads, we are guaranteed top of the group now which is fantastic as we had one of the hardest groups. Well done lads, you should be proud of yourselves now take this into the United game and we should do well.
MOM Angel Di Maria

View attachment 237109

Match Day 13
Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Manchester United
Niang(2), Huth

What can I say! The scoreline says it all. The team were fantastic considering we had 10 men for most of the match with Palacios getting sent off early on in the first half. Well done lads and thank you for today!
MOM Mbaye Niang

Player Of The Month
Angel Di Maria
View attachment 237111

Match Of The Month

View attachment 237112

League Table

View attachment 237113

Burrows’ View

A good month, not our best performances throughout the month but we had the big teams of the league all month, only losing once and winning the rest! City up next in the league before probably easier teams however we wont get complacent! Also Next month we have Club World Championships, which seems a good thing as we havent been in it before.

Anybody want to add me on Steam; we can talk about Fm, Tactics Whatever?

If anyone wants to add me on Steam then post your username on here or on my profile/ PM me... Anyway December update up laters

View attachment 237257

Club World Championship
Morocco 2014

We are in Morocco for five days , mainly due to the Fifa Club World Championships however even if we don’t make it to the final we will stay there to complete some training regimes. Our Semi-Final clash is against Club Africain and we will look to get a good win against them on the 17th
1st Day - 16th December 2014

Today we will be doing a training warm up ahead of the match tomorrow. The Moroccan weather is slightly cool. The training exercise will consist of a Barcelona warm-up which is where a get the players in three groups in a tight circle with 2 men in the middle. One touch passing! This has worked a treat since I joined with the players getting custom to this - a true favourite of mine.

After the coach have taken a done more ball and set pieces training with the lads then we will go into conditioned games. We will then sit down to a meal and have a laugh as a team should!

2nd Day - 17th December 2014

The Semi-Final is today so we were up at 07.00am and had a Pre-match breakfast and the rest of the coaches will take the players down to the pitch for warm up, as I decide the starting eleven for the match.

Club World Championship Semi Final
Club Africain 1 vs. 3 Stoke City
Niang(2), Van Der Vaart

We are through to the final, we completely dominated the match and we were quickly two - nil up. Brilliant lads, very proud of you all but the job isn’t done we have the final and I expect you to repeat this performance!
MOM Mbaye Niang
3rd Day - 18th December 2014

We can relax a little bit today, but only today as tomorrow we will be back will be back to normal. Today we will have light training sessions and enjoy the day in Morocco and spend the evening in the Moroccan bars, in bed by 02.00am

The final next up. Also the December!

View attachment 237302

Club World Championship
Morocco 2014

4th Day - 19th December 2014

Today we will be having a few fitness tests to assure fitness is up to scratch also any tired players I will know to rest during the final due to a rather compact fixture list this month. We will also have a normal training session that we have before any final which is mainly ball and skill work. After the morning session the club are treating the lads to a dinner at a 5 star Café. Then we will have a evening Pre-match session which will be light and calm before the big day.

View attachment 237303

5th Day - 20th December 2014

Here it is, the final! We have all been excited for this match and we will look to get the win after a tough game, the lads a geared up for it and don’t want to let the fans down!

Club World Championship Final
Gremio vs. Stoke City

Here it is, the Club Championship final! This contest is Stoke City - the holders of the Champions League and English Premier League versus Gremio, who are the current Copa Libertadores champions. Today has promised to be a good contest with both teams eager to win the trophy for the first time.

Both teams have looked very good in the Semis after both didn’t have to play in the quarters or play offs. Stoke particular look a lively team at such time after some great success in recent years. Jake Burrows their coach has informed us that he his team is ready and bursting to get onto the pitch! Here we go then…

Club World Championship Final 2014
Gremio 1 vs. 2 Stoke City
Niang, Cisse

What can I say, another great performance in what was a somewhat tight clash! We went down early in the second half but were quickly back in it when in-form Mbaye Niang scored the equaliser before Papiss popped up to score the eventual winner. It has been a great five days and we can go away again very happy after adding the Club Championship to our collection. The Board are please, the fans are pleased so we have done our job!
MOM Kyle Walker

Any thoughts guys? Hows my story 'anging?

Fantastic story, I've just read through all of it now. As for the angling, you could possibly add a twist about a new player or something. But I think it's one of the best stories on here right now as it is.