December’14

View attachment 237355

Group Match 6
SK Rapid Wien 1 vs. 5 Stoke City
Shawcross(2), Sturridge, Lezzi, Di Maria

What a way to finish off the group stages. A five - one win is great a really showed a togetherness in the team. I have noticed an increase in performance since our loss and that lads have really gained a zip in training. I reckon the loss brought the team back down to earth and they now know they are to fight to the end if they are to win the league and give the champions league a good go at!
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 237356

View attachment 237357

Match Day 14
Manchester City 1 vs. 0 Stoke City

Unbelievable! I cant quite understand how we didn’t let in tons more. We were terrible and I wont hide it. We didn’t even look like we showed up in this match and Man City were Comfortable winners.
MOM Anders Lindegaard

Match Day 15
Stoke City 4 vs. 0 Reading
Thiago, Huth, Schürrle, Cisse

Great way to bounce back after the Manchester City game. The lads showed their passion to get the win and deserved the win with 60% possession. This reflected in the goals as they came from great team play and we really showed bottom-placed Reading how to play.
MOM Thiago

Match Day 16
Stoke City 2 vs. 0 West Ham United
Niang, Shawcross

Another great display from Mbaye Niang and Kyle Walker, they are looking really good out there on the pitch. Mbaye has struggled with injuries over the last year but has really kicked off this campaign with 21 goals in 25 games in all competitions! Well done everyone, take this performance to Newcastle. We are only two points behind Man City with two games in hand so it is really down to us to reclaim our number one spot!
MOM Kyle Walker

Match Day 17
Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Newcastle United
Niang, Palacios, Di Maria

Another great three points today and a fantastic match to watch, the lads played brilliantly and I am very happy with each and everyone of their performances. In my career I have now got 502 goals For which is brilliant in only 3 and a half seasons!
MOM Wilson Palacios

View attachment 237358

Quarter Final
Stoke City 1 vs. 0 Manchester City
Palacios

We battled to a deserved win here today, it wasn’t our best performance however we were still the better team. I thought it wasn’t to be when Niang went and missed that penalty! But we are through to the Semi final where we have to play Arsenal for a place in the final.
MOM Ryan Shawcross

Player Of The Month
Kyle Walker
View attachment 237359

Match Of The Month

View attachment 237375

League Table

View attachment 237360

Burrows’ View

A great month with the highlight being winner the Club World Championship. The negative being ; losing to City. However we bounced back and have been a better team since and look really good once again. Well done lads bring on January!
Also Andre Schürrle goal against Reading cam second in the Goal Of The Month, well done Andre.

does anybody know what this 'app time' error is? i iwll post a screenie up if it happens again! really worried its a mess up in my game :S

View attachment 238023

Arteta on the move again!

Mikel Arteta has today signed for Stoke City, the Spanish midfield maestro has joined the champions for a small fee £475k. Mikel is 32 years old now however Burrows believes he can still do the job when needed and he will bring a lot of experience to the team and his performances will be no more than superb.

View attachment 238024

Arteta went to watch his new side play against Bolton ahead of his proposed debut against his old side Arsenal in the return leg of the Carling cup. He spoke to the BBC last night ‘I am delighted to be given another chance, especially for a team like Stoke. The gaffer has explained his expectations for the season and in the long run also my role for the team and I have to say, I am very happy and looking forward to the upcoming season.

What do you think? good decision

January’14

View attachment 238143

3rd Round
Stoke City 3 vs. 0 Leicester City
Lennon, Sturridge, OG

A good performance from the lads has seen us through to the next round, fantastic effort and we played very well. We have drawn a home tie versus Peterborough or Arsenal - who drew 1-1 the first time round.
MOM Daniel Sturridge

View attachment 238145

Match Day 18
Stoke City 1 vs. 0 Everton
Shawcross

We were very lucky today! It was a terrible performance from the lads and we should of won this match with ease however we made it tough and made Everton look better than they actually were.
MOM Ryan Shawcross

Match Day 19
Birmingham 1 vs. 3 Stoke City
Remy(2), Di Maria

It’s always nice to win a midlands tie and we won it well. The lads worked their socks off to not let the fans down so I appreciate that! Well done lads, keep this standard up and you will do well, once again
MOM Loic Remy

View attachment 238146

Semi Final 1st Leg
Arsenal 0 vs. 2 Stoke City
Schürrle, Solheim

A great 1st leg and it has put us in a great position in the return leg especially being it at home. The lads put in a good shift as Arsenal put up a brave performance. Brilliant! The other Semi Final was Derby County 2 vs. 2 Chelsea.
MOM Andre Schürrle

View attachment 238145

Match Day 20
Stoke City 3 vs. 0 Aston Villa
Niang, Schürrle, Huth

Brilliant lads, an absolute fantastic performance and we deserved every goal and maybe could of got more. Well done lads
MOM Mbaye Niang

Match Day 21
Stoke City 6 vs. 0 Sunderland
Schürrle(3),OG, Di Maria, Niang

Wow! To say that score was on the cards, I would of thought you were exaggerating but on the day we were brilliant, Sunderland were outclassed and didn’t look like a premier league team. Well done lads another fantastic effort and commitment shown.
MOM Andre Schürrle

Match Day 22
Bolton Wanderers 0 vs. 2 Stoke City
Niang, Schürrle

Another good performance from the lads and we got the three points. Bolton are a good side and they put in a good effort against my in-form side. Well done lads, lets take the game to Arsenal and finish that tie off!
MOM Andre Schürrle

View attachment 238146

Semi Final 2nd Leg
Stoke City (2) 0 vs. 0 (0) Arsenal

I decided to give some of the other players a run out today, it turns out Arteta is Cup tied for this game and the next however he will get his chance against Blackburn in the League. We performed well and should of got the win however they defended well and kept us out. Nevertheless we are through to the final once again and face Derby county who beat Chelsea on penalties after a 4-4 aggregate draw.
MOM Robert Huth

View attachment 238143

4th Round
Peterborough 2 vs. 3 Stoke City
Niang, Shawcross, Remy

What a disappointing performance, not very happy with the lads. Yes, we got the win however we let slip a 2-0 lead and had to rely on a 91st minute winner! Well done lads and we are through to the next round.
MOM Ryan Shawcross

Player Of The Month
Andre Schürrle
View attachment 238147

Match Of The Month

View attachment 238148

League Table

View attachment 238149

Burrows’ View
Great month, well done lads and I am really proud of you all. We are in the league Cup final and are through to the next round of the Fa Cup plus we are 9 points clear with a game In hand. Brilliant lads, keep it up next month and we will do well.

You surely have won the title now!9 points ahead with a game in and and winning ames 6-0....
You're a legend:)

View attachment 238593

One in - One out!

On the last day of the transfers, we always know that there will be action and there certainly was at the Britannia! Bosnian Asmir Begovic has left the club for a reported fee of £4.3m to West Bromwich. The Goalkeeper had recently expressed his desire to leave after a training ground row with manager Jake Burrows over his lack of first team football - Begovic told Burrows that he was overlooked and his talents were going to waste. However Burrows prefers Stoke number 1 Ander Lindegaard after a string of superb performances since he joined the potters.

View attachment 238596
Begovic last seen at training in the Stoke jacket

As soon as Asmir had joined West Bromwich, Burrows was on the job of replacing him as he needed a back up keeper. That replacement was experience American Tim Howard. ‘I am very impressed with Tim, and have always admired his talents. We needed a back up and he is the perfect bill and can slot in perfectly when needed. it’s unfortunate with Asmir as he is a great keeper however things happen and it’s time to move on.’
35 year old Tim Howard has told recently that his career is has been great and it’s an honour to join Stoke City FC. He understood that his service’s wont always be first team and that he will keep in good shape and will be ready whenever.

• [*=left]Outside of the club, there have been many more transfers over the month. The main ones are;

• [*=left]Flamboyant midfielder Mesut Ozil joined Manchester City for a club record fee of £43million.

• [*=left]Arsenal midfielder Denilson joined French club Lyon.

• [*=left]Scott Dann has joined Liverpool for a reported £8.5 million pounds.

• [*=left]Renato Augusto left Bayer Leverkusen to join Brazilian outfit Santos

• [*=left]Winger Scott Sinclair left Swansea to join Aston Villa in a seven and half million pound deal.

Try and get February up, couldn’t earlier as I have been busy unpacking etc.

View attachment 238593
One in - One out!
On the last day of the transfers, we always know that there will be action and there certainly was at the Britannia! Bosnian Asmir Begovic has left the club for a reported fee of £4.3m to West Bromwich. The Goalkeeper had recently expressed his desire to leave after a training ground row with manager Jake Burrows over his lack of first team football - Begovic told Burrows that he was overlooked and his talents were going to waste. However Burrows prefers Stoke number 1 Ander Lindegaard after a string of superb performances since he joined the potters.
View attachment 238596
Begovic last seen at training in the Stoke jacket
As soon as Asmir had joined West Bromwich, Burrows was on the job of replacing him as he needed a back up keeper. That replacement was experience American Tim Howard. ‘I am very impressed with Tim, and have always admired his talents. We needed a back up and he is the perfect bill and can slot in perfectly when needed. it’s unfortunate with Asmir as he is a great keeper however things happen and it’s time to move on.’
35 year old Tim Howard has told recently that his career is has been great and it’s an honour to join Stoke City FC. He understood that his service’s wont always be first team and that he will keep in good shape and will be ready whenever.

• [*=left]Outside of the club, there have been many more transfers over the month. The main ones are;

• [*=left]Flamboyant midfielder Mesut Ozil joined Manchester City for a club record fee of £43million.

• [*=left]Arsenal midfielder Denilson joined French club Lyon.

• [*=left]Scott Dann has joined Liverpool for a reported £8.5 million pounds.

• [*=left]Renato Augusto left Bayer Leverkusen to join Brazilian outfit Santos

• [*=left]Winger Scott Sinclair left Swansea to join Aston Villa in a seven and half million pound deal.
Try and get February up, couldn’t earlier as I have been busy unpacking etc.

Just about to put update on and then my mum takes laptop off me! So i will have update on first thing tomorrow also the league cup final vs Derby County . Anyone got feedback ?

February’15

View attachment 239148

Match Day 23
Stoke City 5 vs. 1 Blackburn Rovers
Remy, Niang(2), Cahill, OG

Another great win and a very dominant one as well. Well done lads and you proved how much you can control a game and have put a gap between us and Manchester City in the table.
MOM Mbaye Niang

Match Day 24
West Bromwich 2 vs. 4 Stoke City
Niang(2), OG, Remy

Very happy with the win today. We were 4-1 up at half time and the game was respectively over. Well done Lads, fantastic effort lads. Keep it going and we will do very well!
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 239149

International Friendly
Germany 0 vs. 1 Spain
Muniain

A hard thought victory and we deserved the win. Well done lads, keep it up and we will do well in the next match.
MOM Iker Muniain

View attachment 239148

Match Day 25
Stoke City 2 vs. 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
OG(2)

A good win against our midland counterparts. The Wolves manager probably believes we were lucky but we played well and should of got our goals of our own. Well done lads
MOM Kyle walker

Match Day 26
Liverpool 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Cisse

Points were lost here, we didn’t play very well however we drew due to a Huth own goal, which was a bit unfortunate however it matched our performance.
MOM Papiss Cisse

View attachment 239150

5th Round
Watford 0 vs. 3 Stoke City
Shawcross, Lennon, Schürrle

Well done lads, through to the next round and we looked very strong in this match. Watford played well but we limited them to pass and kept them out of the game.
MOM Ryan Shawcross

View attachment 239152

1st Knockout Round 1st Leg
Ac Milan 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Niang

It was a good result as we got a vital away goal. The lads enjoyed the occasion and worked their socks off equally. We will have a cracking match at the Britannia and we won’t let the fans down and we will give the Milan team a run for their money
MOM Mbaye Niang

Player Of The Month
Ryan Shawcross
View attachment 239153

Match Of The Month

View attachment 239154

League Table

View attachment 239155

Burrows’ View
A great month, the lads worked hard and got some good results. Pretty gutted with the Liverpool result as that was a should-win game and I see this as a two point loss. However we must keep our heads up and the performances are kept to a high standard.

I got to quickly write this.. I have been banned from the laptop tonight:( sorry guys for letting you down :/ i understand if people are getting uninterested ...

Last edited:
me too, really good stuff..

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

I'm definitely not uninterested! Keep up the good work.Can I have a screenshot of Niang?

I've become disinterested, It started off well, but recently has become predictable and boring. Change it about a bit, have something unexpected happening, make something happen with the players, maybe lose your best player? or move to a new club and start the building process again? This isn't me being horrible, just giving some constructive criticism!

I've become disinterested, It started off well, but recently has become predictable and boring. Change it about a bit, have something unexpected happening, make something happen with the players, maybe lose your best player? or move to a new club and start the building process again? This isn't me being horrible, just giving some constructive criticism!
I actually agree with you mate! Thats what i was thinking to be honest..I cant really leave as the name of the story... However i have been thinking of twists or just leaving the story as i sometimes struggle for time :/ I'll start thinking of some more unboring stuff!