View attachment 224784

Stoke's Niang comes 3rd in Goal Of The Month!

Mbaye Niang scores sets a new quickest goal record for stoke as he claims 3rd place in the Goal Of The Month rankings!

[video=youtube;VPy0C5Jqx6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPy0C5Jqx6E&feature=g-upl&context=G2c2b201AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Decided that if any of my players get in the top 3 goal of the month i will show you all! :)
Carling Cup post coming in about a hour!

View attachment 224883

The waiting is over, the final is here, Stoke city who beat Bristol city, Man united, Rochdale and Wolves to get this far whilst Tottenham knocked out Man city, Fulham, Arsenal and Blackpool!

This Is what a city fan had to say ahead of the game:
View attachment 224884
James with his flag ready to cheer on the potters!

James Hunt,12: I cant believe we made the final, it’s great to be here as well, first ever time at Wembley so it will be great for me win or loss! My favourite player is Etherington so I hope he can score.

Peter Hurst,56: I have been a stoke fan since I was born as my father stuck it in me for life. So to be here today is great as I know I’ve been through the ups and downs. Come on Stoke!

Pre-match Interviews:

View attachment 224886

Reporter: Jake, you are here in your first ever final, how do you feel?
Burrows: I feel ecstatic, the lads deserve to be here, win or loss I will be very proud!
Reporter: Do you have any idea on how you want your team to play?
Burrows: I have planned all week! You cant go to a Final un prepared, however I am not going to disclose the way we play as Harry is over there hah!
Reporter: Harry, you’ve been to Wembley before have do you reckon your team will fair against Stoke?
Redknapp: They are in great form and have got very good results vs. the ‘big’ teams this season and we drew earlier in the season, so I expect a tight game.
Reporter: What’s your relationship with Jake?
Redknapp: Well it’s only early stages at the moment but I think I’m in love with him…
*chuckles all around*
Only joking he’s a very talented manager and he looks to have great things to come in the following years!

1:45pm

Commentator: Hello and welcome to the 2012 League Cup Final! Today’s clash is between Tottenham and Stoke. This looks to be a really good and lively game between two teams that a raring to get a trophy in their cabinet and a guaranteed place in Europe!
We have just been given the teams ;
Stoke City Tottenham
View attachment 224888View attachment 224889

Commentator : Looking at the teams, there is no starting line up for 17 year old Niang for stoke, and Burrows has opted with Jones instead. Tottenham are missing Van Der Vaart and Adebayor.
The Teams are ready and they are on their way out!

View attachment 224890View attachment 224891

The Match
Stoke City vs. Tottenham
21mins: Gomes saves from a fierce Walters shot!
24mins: Chance for Huddlestone! Ooh skimmed the bar
34mins: Pienaar crosses the ball, Huddlestone header, great block by Begovic!
42mins: Kaboul given yellow card from a foul on Jones
Half Time!
Stoke City 0 vs. 0 Tottenham
45min: Tongue replaces Palacios
62min: Jones is through on goal, Corluka has come across and tripped Jones, Foul! Red Card, Corluka has been sent off!
63min: Wilson with the free-kick, Gomes thanks him for an easy catch.
65min: Jones is yellow carded
90+1min: Pires crosses in for Shawcross who head it well over the bar
Full Time!
Stoke City 0 vs. 0 Tottenham
View attachment 224892
Redknapp wondering how his team haven’t won the game already
Commentator: We’re in to extra time, which team can press forward and win the match!
91min: Walters is replaced by Niang
93min: Higginbotham is replacing the injured Tonge
97min: Jones trips up Kadlec, ref is reaching for a card! He’s sent off!
103min: Niang crosses for Etherington, surely! No, he heads the ball over!
105+2min: Kaboul upends Pires,, he’s off! that’s his second yellow and Tottenham are down to 9 men!
110min: Mistake by Collins, Defoe has knicked the ball, bearing down on the keeper and slots it into the corner! 1-0 Tottenham. Can Stoke get back?
114min: Collins puts a low cross into the box, Niang SCORES! 1-1 game on!
Full Time Extra Time!
Stoke City 1 vs. 1 Tottenham
Niang

Commentator: It’s come down to Penalties!
Tottenham

1. [*=center]Pavlyuchenko

[*=center]Donavon

[*=center]Huddlestone

[*=center]Defoe

[*=center]Kadlec

Stoke City

1. [*=center]Higginbotham
    [*=center]Wilson
    [*=center]Niang
    [*=center]Pirés
    [*=center]Thiago

Commentator: 3-3 after 5 penalties each, it’s come down to sudden death!
Isla steps up for Tottenham’s 6th penalty
He SCORES!
Begovic steps up for Stoke
He levels it!
Ball now for Tottenham
He’s gone and hit the cross bar, they think it’s all over!
Etherington for Stoke
Scores, it is now!

View attachment 224894
Ethrington is flocked by team-mates

Stoke City are the new Carling Cup champions! Burrows must be delighted, his side have beat the odds and won the trophy! Congratulations

View attachment 224895

Post - Match Interview
Reporter: You’ve just won your first trophy as manager of Stoke City how does it feel?
Burrows: It feels amazing, firstly I want to thank the lads for the commitment at training and the hard work and determination they have shown throughout.
Reporter: The odds showed that Tottenham were easily winning the trophy, once again your team defied the odds to win the match, what you going to say on that?
Burrows: Well, I hope everyone who betted on Stoke to win and sipping their champagne right now and celebrating our victory!
Reporter: Can you do the double this year or maybe treble? Your team are still in the Fa Cup and Euro Cup, what are your aims now for the rest of the season?
Burrows: My main aim is to get a highest possible league position, and then maybe another Wembley trip in the Semi’s if we beat West ham!

Woo! Cant believe it, we won it!J how did you rate the presentation of my League Cup post?
Any Feedback?​

View attachment 225026

Top News : Fuller Demands First-Team Football

Ricardo fuller has gone on report stating that he deserves first team more often and Jake isn’t being fair by leaving him on the bench.

View attachment 225027

Fuller has become the 3rd player to demand first team football this season and has now developed a rocky relationship with manager Burrows in the process. Carlo Nash and Matthew Upson also slated Burrows about first team opportunities and ended up having their contract mutually terminated.
This is what Burrows had to say on the matter:

“I am utterly disappointed in Ricardo with him coming out to the press about me and his petty little problem. I feel it is selfish of him and being one of the most experienced in the team, he doesn’t show himself as a good role model. I will have a discussion at a later date with Fuller, at the moment I am more focused on our euro trip away to Panathiakos.”

Many are believing that Jake will follow his strict ‘Respect the boss’ attitude and possibly offer the Caribbean star a mutual contract termination.

View attachment 225028

A recent pole has suggested that only 1% feel that Ricardo should be in the first team, and an embarrassing 95% reckon that he shouldn’t! It certainly speaks for itself.

Update coming up soon , had a match of my own so couldnt get one up! hope everyone is enjoying so far :)

View attachment 225026

Top News : Fuller Demands First-Team Football

Ricardo fuller has gone on report stating that he deserves first team more often and Jake isn’t being fair by leaving him on the bench.

View attachment 225027

Fuller has become the 3rd player to demand first team football this season and has now developed a rocky relationship with manager Burrows in the process. Carlo Nash and Matthew Upson also slated Burrows about first team opportunities and ended up having their contract mutually terminated.
This is what Burrows had to say on the matter:

“I am utterly disappointed in Ricardo with him coming out to the press about me and his petty little problem. I feel it is selfish of him and being one of the most experienced in the team, he doesn’t show himself as a good role model. I will have a discussion at a later date with Fuller, at the moment I am more focused on our euro trip away to Panathiakos.”

Many are believing that Jake will follow his strict ‘Respect the boss’ attitude and possibly offer the Caribbean star a mutual contract termination.

View attachment 225028

A recent pole has suggested that only 1% feel that Ricardo should be in the first team, and an embarrassing 95% reckon that he shouldn’t! It certainly speaks for itself.

YOU TELL HIM(6)

March’12
View attachment 225243

Match Day 26
Stoke City 1 vs. 0 Fulham
Pires

We gained some valuable points today, as we swept Fulham aside, we were unlucky not to score more as we controlled the game throughout with Robert scoring what turned out to be the winner in the 37th minute.
MOM Robert Pires

View attachment 225244

2nd Knockout Round 1st leg
Panathiakos 0 vs. 1 Stoke City
Niang

What a wonderful victory for our team! We absolutely blew them out of the water, dominating the game from the beginning! However it took til the 88th minute to score, which is a bit fortunate as our shooting wasn’t up to scratch in this game! Taking an away goal back home with us to the Britannia Stadium can only be a lift!
MOM Danny Higginbotham

2nd Knockout Round 2nd leg
Stoke City 3 vs. 0 Panathiakos
Pires,Walters(2)

I just cant believe it! We’re through to the Euro Cup Quarter - Finals! I’m so proud of the lads, it make me the proudest manager on this earth at the moment, nobody predicted us to get this far but once again we’ve beaten the odds! Brilliant lads!
MOM Matthew Etherington

View attachment 225245

Quarter-finals
Stoke City 4 vs. 1 West Ham
Jones(3),Higginbotham(p)

We’re through to the Semi-finals of the Fa Cup! Can my season get any better! We played brilliant today in what turned out to be a really easy match for us. Which was capped off with a brilliant solo goal for his hat trick from Kenwyne!
MOM Kenwyne Jones

View attachment 225243

Match Day 27
Everton 1 vs. 5 Stoke City
Walters(3),Wilson(p),Niang

A massive result, winning today has cut the cap between us to 2 points and with a game in hand! We found ourselves 1-0 down at half time, however we pulled it out of the bag with a 5* display In the second half, brilliant once again from the lads.
MOM Jonathan Walters

Match Day 28
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Walters

A pretty poor game to be honest, we didn’t really get going, to me this is two valuable points lost in our quest for top 7, Villarreal up next, so we need some improvement and hopefully get a good result.
MOM Jonathan Walters

View attachment 225244

Quarter-Final 1st leg
Villarreal 0 vs. 0 Stoke City

Great result to come away from home with a draw! The boys played their socks off, and defended brilliant. I was hoping to grab an away goal, but I think that would be greedy, am just so proud off coming this far,hopefully we can grab something at home.
MOM Robert Huth

Match Of The Month

View attachment 225255

Player Of The Month

​Jonathan Walters
View attachment 225260

League Table as of 2nd April

View attachment 225261
We are 8th with 8 games in hand with most teams, winning these games could take us up to 6th.

Burrows’ View

We had a fantastic month with 5 wins out of 7 with the other two matches draw leaving us unbeaten! Recently we have played brilliant football based on Barcelona’s passing game. Our aims for next month is to win,win,win! We are in a good position in the league and I half expect to move up 1 maybe 2 places by the end of the month!

Great story mate, currently doing a stoke save myself ...

What tactic do you use? and what player roles etc? how did you manage to get Niang and Thiago interested also, both very good signings.

Great story mate, currently doing a stoke save myself ...

What tactic do you use? and what player roles etc? how did you manage to get Niang and Thiago interested also, both very good signings.

I will put some screen shots up in the next update, just trying to complete it first! And i dont really know, i saw that they were available and they came! i got Niang just before he turned 17 so maybe that was a factor not sure!
Anyway try get update up tonight! Thanks for the Feedback :)

Sorry guys! update may not arrive tonight, really rushing though but mum may turn off the router :( will defiantly tomorrow though if not tonight!

April’12
View attachment 225583
Quarter - Final 2nd Leg
Stoke City 1 vs. 1 Villarreal
Niang
I cant believe it! Losing out on away goals, unbelievable. To make matters worse their goal was a Huth own goal, we had a penalty shout turned down plus we had 61% possession. Unlucky lads, we deserved to go through, however it just wasn’t to be. Onwards and upwards, we will be back!
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 225584

Match Day 29
Stoke City 4 vs. 2 Newcastle United
Niang(3),Tonge

Brilliant from the lads as we came back from a goal down twice! Our passing of the ball was none other than superb and 3 of our goals were due to neat passing of the ball. Simple one-twos really do rip the defence up! Excellent performance, lets take it to City Of Manchester Stadium ( Ethiad)
MOM Mbaye Niang

Match Day 30
Manchester City 4 vs. 0 Stoke City

Very saddened by today’s result, I expected more of a battle than a battering however it was against arguably the 2nd best team in the league. I expect a much better performance in the Fa Cup semi-final against Everton. Training this week will be positive and we wont dwell on the last result too much.
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 225585

Semi - Final

Stoke City 2 vs. 1 Everton
Wilson(p),Walters

We’re through! I cant believe it, we off to the Fa Cup final to play Sunderland. Full credit to the lads. It was a tough match against hard opposition but we came out on top! Brilliant game. Man of the match once again was Niang, been an absolute diamond up front this month!
MOM Mbaye Niang

View attachment 225584

Match Day 31
Stoke City 3 vs. 0 QPR
Niang,Walters(2)

In a game that we were controlling and comfortable in from the start, it was a great win and valuable too! We are 3 points behind 7th place Liverpool with 3 games in hand! And 5 points behind 6th place Everton also with 3 games in hand! Brilliant result lads keep it up!
MOM Jonathan Walters

Match Day 32
Stoke City 2 vs. 1 Swansea City
Thiago,Huth

The score line suggests that this was a close encounter between us and Swansea however it was far from it. We controlled the whole match but couldn’t finish our chances unfortunately. Fortunately we got the 3 points this evening. Well done
MOM Robert Huth

Match Day 33
Stoke City 0 vs. 1 Tottenham
Unlucky loss for us today, we were the better team and deserved a point at least, it just wasn’t our day I’m afraid. The Lads battled hard and showed real character in this match.

MOM Wilson Palacios

Match Day 34

Stoke City 3 vs. 1 Wigan Athletic
Og,Tonge,Huth

We played well in this match, and deservedly got the 3 points to move us up to 7th. Quite recently the lads have played and performed like they are all on the top of their games and am really proud to be Stoke City manager at this moment!
MOM Robert Huth

Match Day 35
Blackburn Rovers 1 vs. 1 Stoke City
Walters

A bad result to say the least! we dominated the game with 64% of the possession and looked to get a cricket score. Yet the goals didn't go in and go home left disappointed. Unlucky chaps!

MOM Jonathan Walters

Match Of The Month

View attachment 225586

Player Of The Month

Mbaye Niang
+ Premier League's Young Player Of The Month

View attachment 225587

Burrows’ View
Overall we had a good month, with the highlight being us getting through to the final of the Fa Cup which will be against Sunderland. Niang was phenomenal this month scoring plenty of goals and always looking dangerous! Last month next month so I want a strong finish in the league, we can come between 5th and 8th which is where mine and the chairman’s aim this season was. A personal achievement also this month as i came 3rd in manager of the month

I will update the league matches as usual, however the cup game will be separate and more in-depth and more in depth than the Carling cup final!
Then after the update and Fa cup update are on , I will do a season review!
Thanks guys! Should try get it done for tomorrow night!
+ cheers for the votes in Story Of The Week, came second in my first week. i hope i can win that one day :)

well done on the FA cup Final if you win that you'll automatically get in the europa regardless of your position. look at Birmingham they were relegated but won the Fa cup so got to Europe ;)

You are doing a smashing job mate. I thought life was over after Seano's story crashed but your story has been a top notch read so far dude, looking forward to more.

Just read the whole story. Great season! As I am currently with Newcastle in the beginning I hope to have a nice run in one of the domestic cups and reach Europa League. Will be following.

well done on the FA cup Final if you win that you'll automatically get in the europa regardless of your position. look at Birmingham they were relegated but won the Fa cup so got to Europe ;)

If you read back i think a page, i won the carling cup! so i am in europa league :) and thanks mate