Season 5 Review

Aberdeen Squad
Squad 1.png
Squad 2.png

Simon will be my no1 next season having finally provided a rating over 7 despite playing all our tough games he scored better than Werner who will be sold. Wallace or Kornvig will be my back up the other will be out on loan.
Klok & McKenna remain my star center backs but Rodriguez comes on leaps and bounds this year. One will probably have to go with half a dozen u21 center backs ready to make there mark on the team. Morer improved again but has a lot of competition from loaned out players & u18 Guruzeta. Please god let Vale stay. He's probably my best overall player
Scott McTominay handed in a transfer request so i imagine he'll be away. Again like center back we have some tough calls to make on the depth of our MCs And the left-wing too. Quinertos did not show up in the big games and was outplayed by MC Candia who filled in. Ryan Chambers likewise did great on the right-wing but both spots might need money thrown at an upgrade.
In attack, we have a perfect balance today but loans returning and my amazing regen due to arrive any day now will maybe lead to Ivanic moving on despite a great season.

My Players of the Year Top 3
Marcus Sheldon
player Marcus sheldon.png

I knew when i got him from Coventry i robbed them but his progression has been incredible. Set to share the front line with Mochrie & Ivanic however he was the first man up and led the SPL golden boot race right from the start. Rushed into Steve Bruce's England squad too. How the **** can i keep hold of this guy after hitting 39 goals in his first full season? The incoming Ceylan and he might make some magic next year.

Pepijn Klok
player P Klok.png

I always spell his name wrong but a player rushed into the first team during an injury crisis and not a settled starting player 24 months ago, we had just added John Soutar to start at DC. His pace was massive in the big games and soon he was starting all of them.

Dirk Proper
player D Proper.png

I joined of a free and instantly became one of the 4 MCs i had in my squad. Would have left in the winter window had he accepted a contract from China so i can only imagine that this summer he's likely to join a partner in crime Scott McTominay in heading out the door. He deserved the mention at least for his contribution and being at worst a top 5 player. Thanks!

SPL Table
SPL final.png

There was no competition this season. From November onwards Celtic fell to bits while Rangers are in the middle of a squad rebuild. Had they been taken over a month earlier it may be a different story but as it is they are finishing just ahead of Hibs & Dundee Utd rather than fighting for the title. Hamilton the final top 6 teams once again earns a Europa spot. Falkirk finished bottom and end there two year run in the SPL

Play-Off
Dundee 4-1 Livingston

I said Livingston was stupid for sacking Derek McInnes last summer and there is the proof in the pudding

Major leagues
Major leagues.png

Great seasons in Spain and England. City winning on goal difference. Lyon miles of PSG after thrashing our shows we have lots of work still to do.

Champions League
Atletico Madrid 0-1 Tottenham
CL.png

Lyon only made it to the quarter-final after knocking us out.

Europa League
Real Madrid 3-0 Inter
EL.png

The new layout makes this competition far harder to win than before.

Europa League 2
Celtic 1-1 Rangers
Rangers win on Pens
EL2.png

Who would have thought it! An Old Firm final ends with Rangers winning the first European trophy for a Scottish team in the save.​

Euro 2024
From Germany

Scotland Squad
euros squad.png

The squad will be in its prime for 2024. Almost all our best players are between 27 and 30 so this will be the nations best chance of putting on a show at the Euro's while the World Cup in 2026 is the last shot for this generation.

Group E

Match 1
Scotland 1-3 Ireland
MAtch 1.png

This is the death of our challenge before we even got started. Turned away to watch 20 seconds of TV and just like that we were down 2-0. Conceding from Irelands only 2 shots. We pulled one back but never really fought back and after half an hour of domination without getting a goal Ireland scored the goal that killed our game and tournament.

Match 2
England 3-1 Scotland
match 2.png

Amazingly this was probably the best performance i've seen from one of my teams. Doesnt change the result and a potential no points from the campaign.

Match 3
Scotland 3-2 Italy
match 3.png

Could there be a more Scottish moment if we tried. Italy were already through and we were already out but Mickey Johnstons 91st minute goal might keep me in a job.

Final table
group final.png

Great result against Italy but it could not quite save us.

Final
Russia 1-0 Italy
fina tree.png

We beat the runner ups. Norway from our qualifying group and England also go deep into the competition both loosing to finalist Italy who we beat!

Scotland Sack Donald
sacked.png

But amazingly i do not keep the job We were in the 40s and had no chance of qualifying. Now after dragging Scotland to Group A in the nations league and 3 finals in a row i effectively get binned after a defeat to Ireland despite beating Italy along the way. I am shellshocked. I'm not interested at another International job just now so we should fly through the next 2 seasons at least. If a top job comes up after the world cup full of players from 2019 in there prime I may go for it. Updated the Opening post with the updated national player records as well as Aberdeens season updates in the table.

I wish Dave Mckay the abject failure he deserves for bitterly taking my job. Glad to see a few players Robertson being the main one retiring from internationals to make things tougher.​

Season Preview 6
Pre Season 2024/25

Transfers
ABZ Transfers.png

In

Ender Ceylan - AT
IN Ceylan.png

A year in Turkey has not spoilt my love of our new top striker. Sheldon has had £50m+ offers that i may live to regret but i can not resist putting these two together up top.

Hernan Arce - ML
Arce.png

This man reeks of potential. First, he's a product of Rosario, home of Many Argentine legends and Leo Messi. Second, his winger stats are all nearly 20 already. He'll destroy the SPLs right-backs.

Agustin Almendra - MC/R
in Almendra.png

On the other side, we had a hole from last season's Al-Tamara sale. Almendra was a great purchase in FM19 and have seen good things in posts from this seasons game. No pressure to step in immediately as Ryan Chambers has proven to be an adequate stand-in.

Filippo Kunzle - DR
In Kunzle.png

My new back up DR. His average rating is very low at Mattersburg but i love his stats and with costing nothing if he busts then its not a disaster

Youth

youth 1.png
youth 2.png
youth 3.png

Only 3 youth players so far. We will have another look before the window closes.

Out
Two big changes in my approach to the squad this summer. 1st i was helped by teams making crazy bids for players i had put up for sale, even some i didn't. My top sale will have me laughing for weeks. Rangers have lost the plot to buy my 5th or 6th best DC John Souter at three times his value. He only managed 20 appearances last season despite being cover for DR and DC. I performed well but not enough for me to turn down a £15m offer in the last year of his contract. Dani Morer had been one of my best players since i robbed Barcelona of him but the youth players are now ranked much better than he is and in the limited time they look ready to step in. Nikola Ivanic and Axel Werner were falling down the pecking order so i felt like trying to make the most of there value's now and we will see massive profits for players that would not get game time. Scott McTominay was listed by request and his time at Aberdeen ends quickly. Far too quickly. Ryan Christie was being forced into the team for any game time so i had to move him on. Marc was the only youngster i wasn't keen on selling but his path to the 1st team was looking impossible so I'll take the £6m for future players. From Vollath and the 11 players under him had no long term future with the first team so rather than constantly chucking them on loan in the hope one of them becomes valuable or good i moved a lot of them. Next summer may need a similar clear out before resetting the u20s.

Squad
squad.png

Very little difference in the squad from last year to this year in terms of talent however the potential is through the roof! We have 11 players that could hit 5* in the first team alone.

Youth
Youth squad.png

Less 5* players here with them moving up to the 1st team and my lack of recruiting​

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

We started off the season in an abysmal form. We couldn't get a goal against Kilmarnock and then even worse we lose to Ross County giving us only 1 point from 6 so far. With some kids and a more familiar team we thrashed St Johnstone and saw our first glimpse of Ceylan upfront before he became a club legend with a hattrick against Rangers before we saw out the month beating Dundee.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Nobody has a perfect record but Celtic has the best record. Hibs and St Johnstone are right in touch. Rangers are amazingly 10th with only the Dundee teams behind.

Champions League Group Draw
CL draw.png

A better draw than last season. I expect us to finish ahead of Olympiakos but Liverpool & Marseille being far bigger obstacle.

August Transfers

Aberdeen Transfers
abz transfers.png

No major moves but everything happens on deadline day

In
Francisco Conceicao - MR
in conceicao.png

With only Almendra joining i felt we needed a bit more depth on the right-wing and the Portuguese was sitting on a free.

6 Youths join
youth 1.png
youth 2.png
youth 3.png
youth 4.png
youth 5.png
youth 6.png

A handful of players leave on loan. I hoped for more.

SPL Transfers.
SPL Transfers.png

Celtic don't make a major move despite the failure of last season. Joe Gomez of Liverpool on a free is not a disaster. Rangers make the splash signing of Giovanni Simeone while at the other end Rolando Mandragora

September

Fixtures
fix.png

Aberdeen returned from the international break with another soulless 0-0 draw at St Mirren but followed it up with two wins in the League and a win for the kids in the League cup where we draw our feeder team Airdrie in the semi's

SPL Table
SPL.png

Its getting tight at the top with Aberdeen & Celtic tied at the top. St Mirren, Rangers and Hibs right on our tails. Gio Simeone clearly leading Rangers charge.

Champions League
CL.png

Aberdeen makes a stunning start beating Liverpool who led twice before our 3 goals in the final 10 minutes. Even better i think I've found out how to play against teams running through a DMC. Maybe​

October

Fixtures
Fix.png

3 big wins but we lose the match we really needed to win. A familiar sign of what was to come.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Celtic take over at the top where we have all made a sloppy start.

Champions League
CL group.png

The champions league miracles go on as we thrash the Greek champions in there back yards. Less fun in Marseille where a game we were in total control of until Vale got sent off. That encouraged a 2 goal lead turn into a 3-2 defeat, Massive game at Todders next time out.​

November

Fixtures
FIX.png

2 more league wins calm the nerves after a miserable performance in the League Cup semi-finals, Not enough to stop us getting to the final.

SPL Table
SPLL.png

Celtic had one slip up and we're right back on there tail!

Champions League
CL.png

A big win at home to Marseille was great but the crowning jewel of my season was going to Anfield, Holding our breath for 90 minutes and getting a stunning win to secure top spot in the group with a game to spare. Now to decide to for the £2m win bonus or the chance to play some kids.

League Cup Final 2024

Celtic 1-2 Aberdeen
LEague cup final 2024 celtic 1-2 Aberdeen.png

Ender has won the cup Ender had won the cup!

He paid back his fee by dragging us to the first cup win of the season despite a late Celtic fighback​

Caylan looks like a sensational signing!!

I'll probably never forget going through virtually every major attribute for his position. For a u21 i'd like a few+15 and them all over 10. Caylan has the 20s and everything over 15. Never seen such a prospect. Not looking forward to the days where there's £100m offers coming in.

December

Fixtures
fix.png

We went unbeaten in December but the Celtic game felt like a loss. We dominated them like never before but there only shot on target went in. Rangers at Ibrox was a tough fight where a draw was the right result. Big wins against Dundee & Hamilton will help the goal difference.

SPL Table
SPL.png

As you can see its only the pile of goals from those two games that see us ahead of Celtic. Rangers only 4 points behind and starting to look dangerous. Last season's walkover always felt like a one off season.

Champions League Group
CL Group.png

We rested most of our starters but still won the match against the Greeks. Our former striker Arezo got there goal.

Last 16 Draw
last 16.png

Lyon again. Not much point in getting the top spot was there! Young Boys was the dream draw but we could have got Man Utd or Inter so I'll take Lyon. Celtic also join us in the last 16. They have a tougher draw. Great news from the Europa Leagues. Rangers make the last 32 of the Europa League and Hibs make there first knock out appearance in Europa 2​

January

Fixtures

FIX.png
Two easy wins in the league but it was the cup that gave us a fright. Our youth/back up team almost came undone against Queen of the South but thankfully we sneaked through on the replay.

SPL Table
SOL.png

Celtic lost to St Johnstone with our on loan u19 striker Baylee Cummings scoring the winner.

Transfer Window
ABZ transfrser.png

One of our busiest Januarys so far. 6 players from my 25 man squad leave.

In

Owen Wylie- DL
In whyle.png

I found a gem of a German whose contract was running out at Freiburg who accepted my lowball offer to take a long term back up who could start at Left-back

Matias Fernandez - ATT
In Fenandez.png

Read above

4 others join as back ups or loans with the aim of future transfer sales.
youth 1.png
youth 2.png
youth 3.png
youth 4.png

Out
A year after there first bid Guangzhou finally gets there hands on Dirk Proper. Alway played the big games but was not much if any better than his backups so i could more than afford to move him on for the biggest fee a Scottish club has ever received. A less successful move was the sale of Lazaro, loosing roughly £5m in one year. He never settled in the area for one and that helped him fall further down the club's depth chart and i thought i was more worthwhile to get him moved on now and that's one less player to think about when the loans return. Mathias Kornvig, Romain Dufosse and Morten Johnson were never set to be more than the last men in a 25 man squad so i rather take a chance on youngsters than them.

SPL Transfers
SCo transfers.png

Celtic are also targeted by the Chinese as well as losing Dembele to Arsenal. Schade leaves Rangers for his 3rd January in a row changing club. They made a huge profit so our loss.

World Transfers 2024
Wprld taransfers.png

Moooooooooo

Was thinking at some point when your team is good enough you, me and a couple of our regular viewers could export our teams and do an online tournament.

Moooooooooooo

Moooooooooo

Was thinking at some point when your team is good enough you, me and a couple of our regular viewers could export our teams and do an online tournament.

Moooooooooooo

Sounds good. I just need to sign Ciro Immobile if last year is anything to go by.

February

Fixtures
FIX.png

Six league games and six wins including beating title rivals Rangers when down to 9 men. We also had to beat Celtic who we were drawn with in the 5th round. One less obstacle on our way to a repeat treble.

SPL Table
spl.png

Rangers won the old firm game but were dropped points elsewhere to fall 9 points back.

Cristian Stellini sacked
stellini sacked.png

Despite knocking Marseille out of the Europa League and only losing 1 SPL game to Aberdeen in the past 3 months losing to Hamilton in the Scottish Cup Q/F ends his spell at Ibrox. Winning Europa 2 is not enough it appears.

Champions League last 16
1st leg
CL.png

I really wanted an away goal and i think we were worthy of a draw. How important will Ceylans missed penalty be for our season.​