Aberystwyth Town - European Giant

dont you think you is becoming 1 of the big boy after them results

From a footballing perspective we're getting close as we have a few world class players now, just need to improve some of the youngsters to plug the weaknesses in my starting 11.

From a general sense we're still nowhere near as big as we are still only averaging around 4,750 attendances and we are a lot worse financially because there is no money in our domestic game. The result against Inter felt good though :D

Good work with such a Uberrustwest club :) Bet you are a wanted man somewhere more... east?

Just wanted to say i think you are one of the most comitted people I have ever seen!

Just read through the whole thread and it is, by far, one of the most entertaining I have read on this site. How you have the motivation to keep going I don't know but keep up the great work!

I've done a few long terms saves in my time and the furthest ive ever got was about 2038, but that was spread over 5 different teams to keep it interesting, including dropping to a League 2 side the season after winning the Champions League!

Just wanted to say i think you are one of the most comitted people I have ever seen!

Just read through the whole thread and it is, by far, one of the most entertaining I have read on this site. How you have the motivation to keep going I don't know but keep up the great work!

I've done a few long terms saves in my time and the furthest ive ever got was about 2038, but that was spread over 5 different teams to keep it interesting, including dropping to a League 2 side the season after winning the Champions League!

Cheers pal! I suppose it's all of the little targets which keep me motivated. Also, you constantly have to develop young players as you can't afford to buy top class players which I enjoy. I've actually tried starting other saves but just can't get into them and always end up back at this one for some reason haha :)

Champions League
1st Knockout Round

View attachment 346192

1st Leg - Rangers 0 - 4 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 346193

A commanding performance at Ibrox leaves us pretty much guaranteed to be heading for the 1/4 finals, with the goals coming from 4 different goalscorers. Can't see The Gers getting back into it from here...

Man of the Match - Raphael Thomas (1 Goal, 1 Assist, 9.0 Match Rating)

View attachment 346195

2nd Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 1 - 1 Rangers

View attachment 346194

We safely advance to the quarters with a 1-1 draw and a 5-1 victory on aggregate. A slightly poor performance on the night but I will put that down to the fact we were already 4-0 up so we didn't really have to play at 100% to go through.

Man of the Match - Wojciech Mastalerz (7.5 Match Rating)

View attachment 346197

Quarter Final Draw:

View attachment 346201

Spanish giants Barcelona await in the quarter final!

Semi Final Draw:

View attachment 346202

The winners of our tie will play the winners of the Inter Milan vs Porto tie. I think we have a good chance of making the final if we can make it past Barca...

Champions League
Quarter Final

View attachment 346239

1st Leg - Aberystwyth Town 3 - 2 FC Barcelona

View attachment 346240

Well a win is a win I suppose but Aubert's 89th minute goal to pull it back to 3-2 makes Barca the favourites for the second leg. Hopefully we can pull out a performance in the Nou Camp...

2nd Leg -
FC Barcelona 4 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 346241

Where do we go from here? The past 3 seasons now we have cruised through the group stages but been easily disposed of in the knockout rounds. Add to that the fact that our finances are now starting to seriously decline and it may be that we need to move on one or two of our better players over the summer, weakening our chances in the competition next year! The annoying thing is that we can never bring in players to immediately improve the 1st team squad, we can only attract players with good potential, but not current ability!

Next up will be an end of season review...

Congratulations on Frojd, they couldn't risk not picking him with that name though!
Good go at Barca, could have used a little more luck there. Love your teasers btw :)

Aberystwyth Town
Season Review 2031/2032

View attachment 346278

Welsh Premier League - Winners (31 Wins, 1 Draw)

View attachment 346279

Welsh Cup - Winners

View attachment 346280

Welsh Premier League Cup - 1st Round

View attachment 346281

Champions League - Quarter Final

View attachment 346282View attachment 346283

League and Club Rankings:

View attachment 346287View attachment 346286View attachment 346285View attachment 346288View attachment 346284

Player of the Year - Joakim Frojd (38 Appearances, 10 goals, 4 assists, 7 MOM's, 8.07 average rating)

View attachment 346289

Top Goalscorer - Roy Watson (48 Goals)

View attachment 346291

Best X11:

View attachment 346294View attachment 346295

Will throw up a season 2032/2033 season preview up next, which will be our last season at Park Avenue. I have also decided to go to just commentary for domestic matches so I may fire through seasons a bit quicker...

Why the last? You leaving for Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar? They offered you money, admit it! They bought you, those nasty buggers Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar!

Why the last? You leaving for Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar? They offered you money, admit it! They bought you, those nasty buggers Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar!

Haha, you got me! No, the real reason is we're moving to our new stadium in June 2033, will be nice to finally have an all seated stadium!

ive read this whole story really amazing and inspired me to start a similar save cant believe your in 2032! can i see your most used tactic?

Cheers pal! Any chance of a screenshot of that attacking midfielder?

Sure thing:

View attachment 346618
View attachment 346619

The coaches have downgraded him now to being a decent Premier League midfielder. Still, I think once we get promoted the improved level of competition will help his development.

Also, I re-named Hinkley Town to "The Liverpool Wraiths", hence why you probably won't recognise the team.

Aberystwyth Town Season Preview
2032 - 2033

View attachment 346592

Transfers:

View attachment 346597

A lot of money brought in here. Sold Schroter as our finances were looking to clever at the end of last season, then couldn't get Mancinelli to sign a contract with only one year left on his current one, so I cashed in on him as I have a wonderkid in Cigrovski in backup. We brought in £46,500,000 in total which should sort the finances for a while...

Ins:

Christian Christensen - Young Danish midfielder with great potential, will spend 2 or 3 seasons in the under 19's and hopefully will be Araujo's long term replacement!

View attachment 346608View attachment 346609View attachment 346610

Cesar Cruz - Cheap right back cover on a 2 year loan from Arsenal, hopefully won't need to get too much game time...

View attachment 346612View attachment 346613View attachment 346614

Outs:

View attachment 346699View attachment 346698View attachment 346697View attachment 346696View attachment 346695View attachment 346694View attachment 346692View attachment 346700

Welsh Teams in Europe:

Aberystwyth Town - Champions League Group E

View attachment 346704

Can't envisage any problems getting through this group, this is as nice a group as you will get in the Champions League. I would like to stay unbeaten throughout the group...

The New Saints - Champions League Group B

View attachment 346711View attachment 346712

A good result against Marseille sees TNS back in the Champions League, where they may just have a chance of getting third place and advancing into the Europa League knockout rounds.

Llanelli AFC - Europa League Group L

View attachment 346730View attachment 346733

Look at their result in the away game against Athletic Bilbao! Don't have a clue where that came from but nice to see them getting into the group stage...

Welsh Premier League Transfers:

View attachment 346738

TNS spent a massive £9,500,000 in this transfer window!

First Choice Team:

View attachment 346744

Backup Team:

View attachment 346752

Next update will be of our Champions League Group, can we show a signal of intent and win all 6 of our group games?

Sure thing:

View attachment 346618
View attachment 346619

The coaches have downgraded him now to being a decent Premier League midfielder. Still, I think once we get promoted the improved level of competition will help his development.

Also, I re-named Hinkley Town to "The Liverpool Wraiths", hence why you probably won't recognise the team.

He looks amazing! Though I think you're going to have a real tough battle on your hands keeping higher division clubs away from him :P

West Brom were sniffing around him but once Steve Clarke was fired they lost interest. Although Sheff Wed are interested at the moment, I'm going to do everything I can to keep hold of him.

Back