Aberystwyth Town - European Giant

I sent you a private message to avoid filling your thread with off topic stuff - hope that's what you mean?

Great story: one of the best ive read. I actually recently started my own save in wales, i was wondering if you have any tips?

how do you get through seasons so fast - it always takes me ages

I don't really pay much attention to domestic games as they are so easy so I find I just fly through the games. Also, only have 3 nations' leagues open so the game speed is pretty quick :)

Great story: one of the best ive read. I actually recently started my own save in wales, i was wondering if you have any tips?

Thanks mate, where do I start?

1) Try to improve your facilities with any money you get from European Qualifiers. Even now in my save I'm only really able to sign youngsters with high potential, so it's pivotal I have good training facilities to have the players develop. Also, I produced plenty of players from my youth academy who helped me start to make progress in the European qualifiers, so improving junior coaching is a must!

2) Look for regens from Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland on their regen days. All these leagues will have low reputation so they may be more willing to join. Having a scout with high judging potential ability will help.

3) Look for regens in the national squads of lower reputation national sides. I picked up a few Jamaicans and 1 player from El Salvador who all had enough caps for their national sides to gain a work permit, but they still played in their domestic leagues so they had a very low value.

4) Get lucky with your Champions League Qualifying draws haha! If you can make it to the playoff round you will have good money coming in which will help with the previous things I have said.

5) Depending on how early you are into your save, here are a few names you may want to look out for that all signed within the first 3/4 seasons who really helped us progress; David Goldsmith, Pierce Sweeney, Matty Collins and Sean Thornton (Both start at Aberystwyth), David Atkinson, Lewis Price, Ian Morris.

Hope this helps pal :D

wow big list:P yh it really does help Thanks! Its actually starting to seem quite daunting now, although i did manage to make it to the playoff round in my second season(but im using an easier team)so maybe it will go slightly quicker.

Last edited:
wow big list:P yh it really does help Thanks! Its actually starting to seem quite daunting now, although i did manage to make it to the playoff round in my second season(but im using an easier team)so maybe it will go slightly quicker.

That's great for the second season! I assume that was Champions League qualifiers which means you would have gone into the Europa League Group stages, how did they go?

Champions League
Group E

View attachment 348352

Match Day 1 - Aberystwyth Town 3 - 0 Red Star Belgrade

View attachment 348353

A nice comfortable victory to kick off our group, with 3 different goal scorers.

Man of the Match - Paul Godoy (1 Goal, 1 Assist, 9.0 Rating)

View attachment 348354

Match Day 2 -
Celtic 0 - 4 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 348355

Not even the famous Celtic Park European night atmosphere could stop us here, as we ran out with an easy 4-0 victory.

Man of the Match - Kieran Pringle (2 Goals, 9.1 Match Rating)

View attachment 348356

Match Day 3 -
Aberystwyth Town 3 - 0 Shakhtar Donetsk

View attachment 348357

Another very simple 3-0 victory. Was expecting a slightly harder game from the second seeds in the group as they gave us in the Champions League Final 7 or 8 years ago now.

Man of the Match - Joakim Frojd (1 Goal, 1 Assist, 9.0 Rating)

View attachment 348358

Match Day 4 -
Shakhtar Donetsk 0 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 348366

Finally a competitive game! Shakhtar defended superbly but we finally broke their resistance when the big Swede Joakim Frojd rose to head us in front after 85 minutes.

Man of the Match - Paul Araujo (1 Assist, 8.5 Match Rating)

View attachment 348367

Match Day 5 -
Red Star Belgrade 2 - 3 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 348369

Being 2-0 down to Red Star is simply not acceptable, and this is what I told the lads at half time! Luckily, my team talk had the desired effect as we came out a totally different team in the second half and got the 3 goals needed to win the game.

Man of the Match - Pavao (2 Goals, 8.8 Rating)

View attachment 348370

Match Day 6 -
Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 Celtic

View attachment 348371

2-0 up after 3 minutes and I thought we were going to give Celtic an absolute battering. Unfortunately the two early goals were as good as it got and the game finished 2-0.

Man of the Match - Dudley Horton (8.5 Rating)

View attachment 348372

Final Standings:

View attachment 348373

6 games, 6 wins, 18 scored, 2 conceded. Pretty happy with that. Far harder challenges will await in the knockout rounds though...

Welsh Teams in Europe:

TNS - 3rd in Champions League Group

View attachment 348375View attachment 348376

Llanelli AFC - 3rd in Europa League Group

View attachment 348377View attachment 348378

Next update will probably be a January Transfer Window update as I am looking at bringing at least 1 player in, although it hasn't been confirmed yet...

they didnt go too well i finished last in my group and the losses caused my league form to faulter due to lack of morale and players

they didnt go too well i finished last in my group and the losses caused my league form to faulter due to lack of morale and players

Yeah it was always going to be difficult that early in the save but the money you would have earned makes it worth it! What team are you using?

llanelli afc. I did make money from the group stages but in the previous transfer window i was forced to sell players due to the board and lack of money at the club. This meant i fell behind the leaders in the league due to a lack of players and a congested fixture list. I think im going to start again but in scotland as maybe that would be slightly easier.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round Draw

Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 348424

VS

View attachment 348425

Atletico Madrid

Not the hardest draw we could have got, but certainly not the easiest either. I see this as a similar situation as to when Tottenham knocked us out a couple of seasons ago, so we'll need to be on top form to make it past the Spanish side! In other news, TNS have been drawn against AS Roma in the last 32 of the Europa League...

This is superb mate, well done on your achievements so far and good luck against Atletico. :)

TNS In Europa League

View attachment 349113

1st Knockout Round 1st Leg - AS Roma 1 - 0 TNS

View attachment 349115

1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg -
TNS 4 - 1 AS Roma

View attachment 349116

Another Great Result for TNS in the Europa League sees them through to the 2nd knockout round where they will meet AZ Alkmaar! Should I keep doing updates for the other Welsh teams in Europe like this when they reach knockout rounds?

Back