Aberystwyth Town - European Giant

January Transfer Window

View attachment 349120

INS

Yacine Olle-Nicolle -
Young French center half signed from Lyon for £3,500,000. Before signing he was rated at 4 and a half star potential but has now dropped to just 3 and a half stars. Still a very good prospect however, and should he reach that potential will be comfortably our second best center back!

View attachment 349122View attachment 349123View attachment 349124

Welsh Transfer Window

View attachment 349125

Nothing major going on here, but TNS recouped some of their spend in the last window with a £1,200,000 sale of a player to Norwich.

Next Update will be our Champions League 1st Knockout Round tie against Atletico Madrid!

Aberystwyth Town - Youth Intake

View attachment 349140

View attachment 349136

A couple of decent players but one that we can definitely be excited about, meet Iwan Bell...

View attachment 349137View attachment 349138

Great little striker with 4 star potential! Can see him making a great back up to Kieran Pringle in a couple of years and I think he will be leading the line for Wales by the age of 20. Will predominantly be in the under 19's for the next couple of seasons but will get some 1st team experience here and there!

Next update will definitely be the Champions League 1st knockout round!

Champions League
1st Knockout Round

View attachment 349146

1st Leg - Atletico Madrid 0 - 4 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 349147

A great result in Madrid sees us book our place in the quarter final before we even play the second leg, as they were never going to get back into the tie from here. 4 different goal scorers as well which shows the quality is shared throughout the squad!

Man of the Match - Kieran Pringle (1 Goal, 9.0 Rating)

View attachment 349148

2nd Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 6 - 0 Atletico Madrid

View attachment 349149

I never thought that we would outdo our first leg performance however we did with a crushing 6-0 victory. The highlight was a clinical hattrick from English striker Kieran Pringle...

Man of the Match - Kieran Pringle (3 Goals, 9.6 Match Rating)

View attachment 349148

Europa League 2nd Knockout Round:

View attachment 349150

1st Leg -
TNS 3 - 2 AZ Alkmaar

View attachment 349151

2nd Leg - AZ Alkmaar 0 -
2 TNS

View attachment 349152

TNS once again defy the odds and progress into the Europa League 1/4 finals with two victories over AZ Alkmaar. They better enjoy this as with their current domestic form they may not qualify for Europe next year!

Champions League Quarter Final

View attachment 349164

1st Leg - AC Milan 3 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 349165

Why are we turning into a side who freeze on the real big occasions? 10 minutes into the game we were 2-0 down and by half time it was 3. I lay into the boys at the break which resulted in a much improved performance in the second half, however we could only muster 1 goal despite creating a few chances. It will be a long way back from here...

Man of the Match - Giovan Faivre (1 Assist, 8.8 Match Rating)

View attachment 349167

2nd Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 7 - 1 AC Milan

View attachment 349166

That's more like it! We knew we needed to give a much improved performance from the 1st leg and that is what we got! By half time we were 3-1 up and the tie was dead equal on aggregate. I was worried what effect an early second half goal would have for them as it would leave us needing 2 but in the end we had an extremely clinical half, winding up 7-1 winners on the night and 8-4 winners on aggregate. Our great rivals Manchester United await in the semi finals whilst the other semi is Arsenal vs current holders Inter Milan...

Man of the Match - Kieran Pringle (5 Goals, 10.0 Match Rating)

View attachment 349168

Much more clinical that the first leg!

Europa League Quarter Final

View attachment 349169

1st Leg - Sevilla 4 - 1 TNS

View attachment 349170

2nd Leg -
TNS 0 - 1 Sevilla

View attachment 349171

One step too far for TNS but overall a great European campaign for them this year and this should help Wales European coefficient for next season! :D

Next update will be our Champions League Semi-Final against Manchester United, can we book a place in our 3rd Champions League Final???

Another Great Result for TNS in the Europa League sees them through to the 2nd knockout round where they will meet AZ Alkmaar! Should I keep doing updates for the other Welsh teams in Europe like this when they reach knockout rounds?

Yes! Really interesting to see how far they can go.

I really hate the Spanish teams. But still TNS destroying teams in days, it took a 2 time winners to stop the Destroyers Of Europa.

Champions League
Semi Final

View attachment 349500

1st Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 0 - 1 Manchester United

View attachment 349509

****! Our right winger Paul Godoy got sent off after 32 minutes and from there it was always going to be difficult. Still, it looked as though we were heading for a hard earned draw until they got a late winner and took a 1-0 away win into the second leg.

Man of the Match - Paul Araujo (7.9 Rating)

View attachment 349514

2nd Leg -
Manchester United 0 - 0 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 349511

Yeah, another year with no Champions League. Still, it's an improvement from the last couple of years where we haven't been good enough. If Godoy hadn't got sent off in the 1st leg then I dare too say we would have made it through, plus Cigrovski got injured a few days before the second leg so we had a complete backup right hand side in the second leg. Even then we had a goal ruled off in the 51st minute for offside which was borderline, so I think we were pretty unlucky this year...

Man of the Match - Paul Araujo (8.8 Rating)

View attachment 349514

Next update will be an end of season review, then I will do a special '20 years at Aberystwyth' update!

Ahh unlucky against United mate but seriously good work with Welsh football in general. Pringle looks like he's be an absolute joy to play with.

Oof - unlucky against United. It always hurts when one of your own players is at fault for the defeat.

Glad to see TNS doing well, though. I managed them on CM4 and I've always had a soft spot for them.

Oh yeah, fun fact - my brother used to work in the same office as Gary Finley, former Aberystwyth manager.

Oof - unlucky against United. It always hurts when one of your own players is at fault for the defeat.

Glad to see TNS doing well, though. I managed them on CM4 and I've always had a soft spot for them.

Yeah, hopefully one or two other teams can kick on as well. Really want the CL next year, 4 years since we won it now!

Aberystwyth Town
Season Review 2032/2033

View attachment 349578

Welsh Premier League - Winners (29 Wins, 3 Draws)

View attachment 349580

Welsh Cup - Winners

View attachment 349581View attachment 349582

It's fair to say we enjoy this competition. 5 games, 48 goals scored, 0 conceded!

Welsh Premier League Cup - 1st Round

View attachment 349583

Champions League - Semi Final

View attachment 349584

Club/League Improvements

View attachment 349589View attachment 349588View attachment 349587View attachment 349586View attachment 349585View attachment 349590

Best 11:

View attachment 349595

Top Goalscorer - Kieran Pringle (51 Goals):

View attachment 349596

Fans Player of the Year - Joakim Frojd (35 Appearances, 12 Goals, 4 Assists, 4 MOM's, 8.22 Rating):

View attachment 349597

Welsh Teams In Europe:

TNS - Europa League 1/4 Finals
Llanelli AFC - 3rd place in Europa League Group
Afan Lido - Europa League Playoff Round
Rhyl FC - Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round

Other News

1) We have completed our relocation to Houghton Arena. I will be looking to expand the capacity as soon as possible.
2) Liverpool were relagated from the Premier League
:O

Next update will be a special '20 years at Aberystwyth' post!

I was wondering if we could see how large your results in the league are?

Quick question, where are TNS in the Europe rankings? And how are Russia doing so well?

Quick question, where are TNS in the Europe rankings? And how are Russia doing so well?

They are 44th in the coefficient rankings, with Llanelli AFC being the next closest at 106th. I'm not so sure as to why they are doing so well, no Russian sides have won the CL and Zenit are the only Russian team to win the EL. It's probably just to do with numerous teams qualifying for Europe every team and all helping to contribute towards the coefficients :)

Ah, OK. I was just wondering considering TNS just destroyed Europa and Aberystwyth have won the CL in the past.

East Asian Football Championships

View attachment 350115

Match 1 - South Korea 1 - 1 China PR

View attachment 350120

Man of the Match - Na Rongshun (9.0 Rating)

View attachment 350123

Match 2 -
South Korea 4 - 3 Japan

View attachment 350121

Man of the Match - Shiego Omata (2 Goals, 1 Assist, 9.2 Rating)

View attachment 350129

Match 3 -
South Korea 0 - 0 Australia

View attachment 350122

Man of the Match - Lewis Tabor (9.0 Rating)

View attachment 350136

Final Standings:

View attachment 350149

So we retain our East Asian Championship with 1 win and 2 draws. Slightly disappointing to win it in such a manner, as I would have liked to win all 3 games but at the end of the day it's another trophy in the bag and good preparation for the World Cup next year...

20 Years at Aberystwyth Town...

View attachment 350182

Managerial Honours List:

Welsh Premier League (20)
Welsh Cup (17)
Welsh Premier League Cup (14)

Champions League (2)
Europa League (1)
European Super Cup (1)
Club World Championship (1)
East Asian Football Championships (2) -
South Korea
African Cup of Nations (1) - Ivory Coast

Top 3 Games...

3rd -
Aberystwyth Town 3 - 0 Bayern Munich (2018)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...own-v-fc-bayern-m-nich_-overview-overview.png

Our first year in the Champions League and we managed to beat the German giants Bayern Munich 3-0!

2nd - Europa League Final: Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 Schalke 04 (2023)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...h-town-v-fc-schalke-04_-overview-overview.png

Our first European trophy and a game Aberystwyth fans will never forget! Despite being on the negative side of most of the stats, we managed to grab 2 goals on the counter attack and bring the Europa League trophy back to Aberystwyth!

1st - Champions League Final: Aberystwyth Town 1 - 0 Shakhtar Donetsk (2025)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...n-v-shakhtar-donetsk_-untitled-post-match.png

An early goal from Kevin Conn was enough to give club legend Kevin Conn was enough to give us a 1-0 victory and bring our first ever Champions League back to Aberystwyth!

Most Important Players:

3rd -
Alan Gannon (603 Appearances, 7.18 Average Rating)

View attachment 350195View attachment 350197

Our Australian keeper is entering his 14th season at the club and has put in countless brilliant performances over the years. A club legend in every sense, even if our club information screen doesn't say so!

2nd - Matty Collins (311 Appearances, 54 Goals, 7.32 Average Rating)

View attachment 350205

A player who started at the club and was pivotal in our breakthrough onto the European scene. I have chosen Matty as one of our most important players as he just always seemed to pop up with the important goals from center midfield in the big games.

1st - Lewis Doyle (418 Appearances, 391 Goals, 7.81 Average Rating)

View attachment 350207View attachment 350208

Now this lad is a club legend. Brought in on a free from Afan Lido very early on, he became an absolute goal machine who averaged a goal nearly every game. His goals were extremely important in our development as a club and he even managed to get one in our Europa League triumph!

Overall Best 11:

View attachment 350210

Team Records:

View attachment 350211

Player Records:

View attachment 350213

Next update will be a season 21 preview, our first year at the Houghton Arena!

Back