I can't believe that at least 2 players scored more goals then appearences. You've got a buttload of goalscoring deities in there, ain't you?

Aberystwyth Town
Season Preview 2033/2034

View attachment 351190

Transfers:

View attachment 351191

Nothing significant here as neither of the two ins are worth mentioning. Long serving center half Torres leaves for Santos and in doing so saves the club 25k a week in wages. Actually, looking at it he doesn't join until January 1st so his name isn't on that list. Man United stole a youth prospect striker with 3 star potential for a compensation package, but I wasn't really to bothered about it.

Welsh League Transfers:

View attachment 351192

TNS are once again the biggest spenders, outlaying £2,800,000 on transfers but also bringing in a total of £4,600,000. Nothing much else really happened of note...

Welsh Teams in Europe:

Aberystwyth Town - Champions League Group A

View attachment 351193

Should be a far more competitive group than the past two seasons with all teams capable of taking points off each other. The negative is our home games won't be played at the newly built Houghton Arena.
:mad:

TNS - Europa League Group E

View attachment 351194

A very good group for TNS and I think they have a good chance of going through!

Llanelli AFC - Europa League Group A

View attachment 351195

Llanelli on the other hand have a much harder group, including the mega rich Manchester City!

First Choice Team:

View attachment 351196

Back Up Team:

View attachment 351197

Next update will be a European Group stage update. I predict a far more interesting group stage for us this year whilst I think TNS will make it through their group and the best Llanelli can hope for is 3rd place in EL Group A! If there's anything else people want to see then just ask
:D

Llanelli have got their backs against the walls, Man City I don't see them picking any points off them (on the other hand this is Europe and Man City never really does anything in Europe) Bordeaux they could spring a surprise but I feel that's a rare chance and Trabzonspor are also quite a good team, I'm predicting them to pick 5 points (4 off Trabzonspor, 1 off Girondins Bordeaux) and TNS will be facing off against PSV Eindhoven for the battle for first place, Ludogorets will be easy picking and Maritimo will be harder, there's 2 ways of looking at it, I'm predicting 9 points if they don't take Maritimo seriously (6 points off Ludogorets, 2 off Maritimo and 1 off PSV) or 11 if they do (The only difference being 4 points off Maritimo.) That's my unneccesary 'experts' opinion on the others, another way of looking at it is that TNS could be looking for revenge, remember they were knocked out by a Portuguese team last time.

I absolutely forbid you to stop, it has been a pleasure to read this thread from A to Z. I can't imagine the agony regular readers must've gone through the moment it seemed you quit.

Anyway, I haven't played FM in years so it was a pleasant surprise to see the strength of leagues isn't fixed anymore. Is it really possible to make the Welsh league the strongest? (Perhaps you can do this together with being the manager of the national team of Wales and propelling them to glory with eventually only drafting Welsh players in Aberystwyth Town.) Enough with the fantasy talk, a more realistic possibility is perhaps to combine avoiding the early Welsh cup exit with sponsoring other Welsh teams (overpriced signings turning them pro, even second division teams, and giving them the financial backing to invest into stronger players).

I absolutely forbid you to stop, it has been a pleasure to read this thread from A to Z. I can't imagine the agony regular readers must've gone through the moment it seemed you quit.

Anyway, I haven't played FM in years so it was a pleasant surprise to see the strength of leagues isn't fixed anymore. Is it really possible to make the Welsh league the strongest? (Perhaps you can do this together with being the manager of the national team of Wales and propelling them to glory with eventually only drafting Welsh players in Aberystwyth Town.) Enough with the fantasy talk, a more realistic possibility is perhaps to combine avoiding the early Welsh cup exit with sponsoring other Welsh teams (overpriced signings turning them pro, even second division teams, and giving them the financial backing to invest into stronger players).

Thanks mate :) I'm not sure if it would ever be possible to make the league the highest rated league but I want to make it as high as possible... Also, I've decided to take the Wales job the next time it becomes available, so I'll probably focus on bringing through a few more Welsh players but only if I feel wont be detrimental to the club team.

Nicely done Lang. It looks like you're going to give Mad Scotty a run for his money :)

I had no chance in **** in the group stage though :) Zenit, Newcastle and Lyon in my group :p I was butchered :p

I had no chance in **** in the group stage though :) Zenit, Newcastle and Lyon in my group :p I was butchered :p

Great work getting into the group stages mate, if I were you I would put any money you gained from your European run straight back into your facilities as developing players is very important since it is hard to attract good players :)

Great work getting into the group stages mate, if I were you I would put any money you gained from your European run straight back into your facilities as developing players is very important since it is hard to attract good players :)

I am in my 3rd season now. Just won 7-0 over Sheriff in the second qualifying stage for Champions League :)
Yeah, I'm focusing on youth players from Norway and Brazil :)

And then I lost like **** against Copenhagen, and then I drew Aston Villa in the Europa League playoff...

View attachment 357019

Last exam tomorrow so should be able to start updating the story regularly again... I have decided that I am going to change my tactics for the first time during the save. From the beginning I have used a 4-4-2 that I downloaded from here, but I'm now going to focus on developing my own tactics, which never normally goes well because I don't have the patience. I've been using my own tactics for Korea and have had good success but I will probably ask readers for advice now and again as I'm certainly not the best with tactics! Anyway here are the two I'm working on...

1) Domestic Tactic and easier European games - 4-2-3-1

View attachment 357010View attachment 357011

Hopefully this will mean we will put a few more teams to the sword in the league and give a few more batterings. Is there any adjustments that I should be making to the team instructions?

2) Tough European Game - 4-2-2-1-1

View attachment 357012View attachment 357013

Obviously we are a very good team now but I still feel we aren't quite as strong as the very top teams in Europe so this tactic is primarily defensively based with the emphasis placed on getting the ball forward quickly when we win it back. Once again is there any suggestion as to changes? I will probably just change player roles according to who is playing and what they are best suited as, whilst still trying to keep a good balance.

Next update will be our Champions League Group Stage Update, with a recap of how TNS and Llanelli got on in the Europa League as well!

Champions League Group A

View attachment 357200

Match Day 1 -
Aberystwyth Town 3 - 1 Hamburg SV

View attachment 357201

Man of the Match - Lubomir Koleno (1 Goal, 1 Assist, 9.0 Match Rating)

View attachment 357207

Match Day 2 -
Tottenham 1 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 357202

Man of the Match - Joakim Frojd (8.7 Match Rating)

View attachment 357208

Match Day 3 -
Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 FC Porto

View attachment 357203

Man of the Match - Joakim Frojd (1 Goal, 9.0 Match Rating)

View attachment 357208

Match Day 4 -
FC Porto 2 - 2 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 357204

Man of the Match - Jacinto Branco (2 Goals, 9.1 Match Rating)

View attachment 357209

Match Day 5 -
Hamburg SV 0 - 3 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 357205

First game using my new tactic went pretty well! Paul Godoy excelled in the AMC position and I feel he is such a good player that he is possibly wasted on the right wing?

Man of the Match - Paul Godoy (2 Goals, 9.2 Match Rating)

View attachment 357210

Match Day 6 -
Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 Tottenham

View attachment 357206

Man of the Match - Paul Araujo (1 Assist, 8.4 Match Rating)

View attachment 357211

Final Standings

View attachment 357242

Another unbeaten group stage, hopefully will stand us in good stead for the Knockout Rounds!

Welsh Teams in Europa League

View attachment 357212

TNS - 1st in Group E

View attachment 357222View attachment 357223

TNS really turn it on in Europe! Currently languishing in 8th in the league but went flying through the group stage of the Europa League!

Llanelli - 3rd in Group A

View attachment 357230View attachment 357231

A decent performance overall, including a wonderful 2-0 victory over English giants Manchester City in front of a crowd of 17,000, a crowd the size of which we can only dream of!

Champions League 1st Knockout Round

Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 357240

VS

View attachment 357241

CSKA Moscow

Next update will be the January Transfer Window update!

2 players in the World Team of the Year and one amongst the substitutes. What's slightly worrying me is the fact that Roy Watson isn't even my first choice striker in my new tactic haha...

View attachment 357551