I use this all season, works best for me:

Mate, if you keep using "Match Tactics" for the Match Preparation when your tactic's familiarity level is fully fluid then you just waste the Match Preparation for nothing because "Match Tactics" focus does only one thing is speed up the rate at which your tactic gains familiarity and if it's fully fluid already then it does nothing useful.

"Match Tactics" focus for the Match Preparation should be used only when your tactic's familiarity level isn't fully fluid and when it's fully fluid then you should change it immediately to something else because as I said otherwise you'll be wasting your Match Preparation.

Last edited:
Hello.

I have this problem with FM 2017.

I play for couple of season with Polish league (2 championships and 1 round of CL lose to Chelsea) after that i coach Juventus (two season comfortable wins in league by large margin) who struggle too win for 6 season the title.

But in the CL i lost in quarter finale:
Man Utd 0-1 home 2-2 away(after leading 0-2) (defensive version)
Totenham 2-2 Home (with big advantage an about 5 clear cut chances), 4-2 away (i got 1-2 advantage in 60 minutes but after that i totaly blow it out) Balanced version.

I got good squad. Maybe not perfect but very good. Why in CL have the problems with wining games? Better players? More luck? any ideas?

Hello.
I have this problem with FM 2017.
I play for couple of season with Polish league (2 championships and 1 round of CL lose to Chelsea) after that i coach Juventus (two season comfortable wins in league by large margin) who struggle too win for 6 season the title.
But in the CL i lost in quarter finale:
Man Utd 0-1 home 2-2 away(after leading 0-2) (defensive version)
Totenham 2-2 Home (with big advantage an about 5 clear cut chances), 4-2 away (i got 1-2 advantage in 60 minutes but after that i totaly blow it out) Balanced version.
I got good squad. Maybe not perfect but very good. Why in CL have the problems with wining games? Better players? More luck? any ideas?

Why don't you try this little wonder (The ME does seem to have extra trouble coping with it, even on the long run): 0_1485687818700_chinese343strikerless_95827580-724C-4FDB-B97C-9FDF2DB3BF0B.fmf

07318-9421f28b-9a9c-4647-8b44-aac68ab1a830.png

so what are you guys using? balanced or defensive? what's better?

What OI of this tactic?And what type of players I need to use this

Don't know what's the author's recomendation, but I let the AM set the OI's. And concerning the players I think the main focus should be speed, mainly the 3 «strikers» and the wingbacks.

OIs from OP are WBR/L weaker foot, ML/R weaker foot, AML/R weaker foot.

Guys, I've added a new version(BALANCED) to the tactic to the OP

The new version shows the best results so I suggest starting all matches with it.

When you are losing by 2 goals or more or when you desperately need a goal at any cost then I suggest changing to the ATTACKING version. It has a better attack but a weaker defense.

I won't remove the DEFENSIVE version from the OP but there is no place for it anymore and
I suggest not using the Defensive version at all.

Also, I've added a new recommend PPM for MCL/MCR positions.

The new Balanced version it's the Attacking version with these changes:

- changed the duty/PIs of AMC position

Aggressor_Balanced_V1.png

Hey TFF,

What do you think about Gets Forward Whenever Possible PPM for Wing Back? Is it good or bad?

Thanks! :)

What individual training you use for CM-De in last balanced tactic?

Guys, I have a random question. If you want to train a player a certain PPM, does the coach that you ask influence his learning of that PPM?

Guys, I've added a new version(BALANCED) to the tactic to the OP

The new version shows the best results so I suggest starting all matches with it.

When you are losing by 2 goals or more or when you desperately need a goal at any cost then I suggest changing to the ATTACKING version. It has a better attack but a weaker defense.

I won't remove the DEFENSIVE version from the OP but there is no place for it anymore and
I suggest not using the Defensive version at all.

Also, I've added a new recommend PPM for MCL/MCR positions.

The new Balanced version it's the Attacking version with these changes:

- changed the duty/PIs of AMC position

Aggressor_Balanced_V1.png

I just love the balanced version :) I'm using it with Bournemouth(the 1st season) and the result are amazing!

Jack Wilshere and Callum Wilson have been just unstoppable :)

dsdd2222.png

we22222222.png

should I buy Denis Suarez for AMC? I can buy him for 7,5m because he's transfer listed. Already got play one twos PPM

Mate, if you keep using "Match Tactics" for the Match Preparation when your tactic's familiarity level is fully fluid then you just waste the Match Preparation for nothing because "Match Tactics" focus does only one thing is speed up the rate at which your tactic gains familiarity and if it's fully fluid already then it does nothing useful.

"Match Tactics" focus for the Match Preparation should be used only when your tactic's familiarity level isn't fully fluid and when it's fully fluid then you should change it immediately to something else because as I said otherwise you'll be wasting your Match Preparation.

This is not true. Match Tactics has en effect, even after its fully fluid. They will just go over the tactic once more, and train on all the different areas. It will boost the tactic like all the others options, but not in just one specific area like the others. I get its not very well explained, but its how it is. If you have the slider all to the right, then there will be no match prep at all. If you dont, then there will be an effect whatever of those 6 options you choose.

Its not a waste like you said, and match tactics has proven to do very well in testing even after its fully fluid. If you want to test it yourself, then have it all fluid before the season and go 1 season with match tactics, and another one with attacking movement. You will get similiar results, and match tactics might even win.

Back