This is not true. Match Tactics has en effect, even after its fully fluid. They will just go over the tactic once more, and train on all the different areas. It will boost the tactic like all the others options, but not in just one specific area like the others. I get its not very well explained, but its how it is. If you have the slider all to the right, then there will be no match prep at all. If you dont, then there will be an effect whatever of those 6 options you choose.

Its not a waste like you said, and match tactics has proven to do very well in testing even after its fully fluid. If you want to test it yourself, then have it all fluid before the season and go 1 season with match tactics, and another one with attacking movement. You will get similiar results, and match tactics might even win.

I'm sorry my friend but I tend to disagree with you. Do you actually have and official SI statement backing up your point? Because if you don't, you can express a different point of view, no problem but make sure people understand it as YOUR opinion, not as a fact...

Indeed, the match tactic is A BOOST to accelerate the tactic familiarity. Once it's full, no need to leave it on it... You can choose in which area you'd like A SLIGHT BOOST for the next game, and only this one. So as TFF states it, it shall be smarter to choose one of them (attacking, defending, set pieces...) for your next match or it will be a waste.

Last edited:
I'm sorry my friend but I tend to disagree with you. Do you actually have and official SI statement backing up your point? Because if you don't, you can express a different point of view, no problem but make sure people understand it as YOUR opinion, not as a fact...

Indeed, the match tactic is A BOOST to accelerate the tactic familiarity. Once it's full, no need to leave it on it... You can choose in which area you'd like A SLIGHT BOOST for the next game, and only this one. So as TFF states it, it shall be smarter to choose one of them (attacking, defending, set pieces...) for your next match or it will be a waste.

No i dont have a statement backing it up, its an opinion I and others have. We've done testing and we dont believe its there for use without an effect after its fluid, because it always win the tests for us. I think its logical to believe that they actually train Match Tactics when you have it on if its fluid or not. That means they will prepare and train the tactic before the match. I think its the perfect balanced preparation, and I dont trust it to not have an effect. Also for some weird reason the tactics drops from like 100% to 98% fluid in the middle of the season, but if you have it on match tactics all the time that wont happen.

contrary to what you might believe, Football Manager is a game! not real life. that is like saying i have completed a game, but the computer has told me to do it again so i can do it quicker! It is not real life! once your game sees your tactic is 100% fluid, that means 100% fluid. no such thing as giving extra than 100% in a computer game.

I'm with you 100% TFF on this one.

No i dont have a statement backing it up, its an opinion I and others have. We've done testing and we dont believe its there for use without an effect after its fluid, because it always win the tests for us. I think its logical to believe that they actually train Match Tactics when you have it on if its fluid or not. That means they will prepare and train the tactic before the match. I think its the perfect balanced preparation, and I dont trust it to not have an effect. Also for some weird reason the tactics drops from like 100% to 98% fluid in the middle of the season, but if you have it on match tactics all the time that wont happen.

I don't think people realize the number of different factors which can affect the results of a tactic test... Yes, it can highlight a "trend", like the domination of the 3 central defenders formation in this FM 17, or the 442 with wingers and full backs crossing in FM 16... But that's all. You can re-do a test 10 times with (more or less) different outcome.

About the tactic familiarity NEVER dropping in the middle of the season when you set the match tactic, of course it will never drop because you stay on it, this is logical. The problem is why staying on it WHEN YOUR TACTIC IS FULLY FLUID then? (And actually, 98% is insignificant at this stage)

If you leave a car battery on the charger in your garage, do you unplug it once it's full or would you leave it plugged on the powerpoint for months and keep paying the electricity? Of course, your battery will NEVER drop (by the way, it will overcook and die in this case ;)), exactly like your tactic but it would be a waste of money on electricity...

Once your tactic familiarity is full, there's absolutely no need to leave it on, it is a misconception in the community. You can either choose to:

- set a match preference for you next game and benefit from its boost (are you an underdog for this SPECIAL game? Do they have weaknesses somewhere? Have you checked how many goals do they score or concead on set pieces? Corners? Which kind of defenders do they play with (slow? high/low jumping reach? marking? bravery? decisions? anticipation?...) you get my point)

- or not set any match preference (the slider FULLY on the right) and focus ALL your training on your players' individual training, focus, and PPM learning.

You don't have to take my words for it, it's all good. Just raise this issue on the stupid questions thread on the SI forum and you may eventually change your mind if it's solely based on tactics testing ;)

Last edited:
Also having pretty amazing results here with TTF balanced only with wb dropped to FB position. Didn't change structure, so still on flexible.

Doing the same rn with superb results. It really doesnt matter if you use WB or FB position. As I said earlier the fullbakcs has got to have "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" and then its perfectly fine. Also they will get really tired after 60 mins and drop under 70% condition if they dont have high stamina, but therefore I have 2 decent leftbacks and rightbacks and usually substitute them every match.

Also im in 2027/2028 in Bundesliga with Erzgebirge Aue. Ive the weakest team in the league and Im predicted 18th. And Im fighting for the title rn. Its on the same save I got Fuenlabrada up from 3rd level to be the best team in Spain. I used mainly Beast tactic with them, and then I got bored of winning everything. I needed a new challenge, and I ended up taking over this team in 3rd division in Germany. Back to back promotion, and I ended up in the Bundesliga using Aggressor defensive version. Now Aggressor balanced with FB's is doing magic for me.

View attachment 100091

Used the balanced version for the first time, home against Man City. Impressive start! Especially as City had Griezmann and Aguero up front.

View attachment 100089

Mate , just congratulations , this is the best tactic ever.. i havent saw anything better than this in all of football manager's and tactics , is almost like barcelona i real life for, this tactic. Just congratulations i dont think it can be any better...

Guys I post here because this is the most visited topic. I need help, I'm desperate, is there any way to add England back to EU with FMRTE? I got hit hard by Brexit and I ******* hate it. If there is no way, I will start a new save BUT I need to know how to edit it so I will get 100% a soft Brexit. Anybody knows about this? Please help me, my save is on hold because of this ******* Brexit.

Btw, i've never used FMRTE before so I am pretty noob at using it.

Guys I post here because this is the most visited topic. I need help, I'm desperate, is there any way to add England back to EU with FMRTE? I got hit hard by Brexit and I ******* hate it. If there is no way, I will start a new save BUT I need to know how to edit it so I will get 100% a soft Brexit. Anybody knows about this? Please help me, my save is on hold because of this ******* Brexit.

The probability of "Hard Brexit" is very low, it's about 5%. You were just unlucky

You can't add England back to EU by using FMRTE

You can't do anything to exclude Brexit from the game

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/30186/no-brexit-prevent-brexit-from-happening-in-fm2017?

Sooo I tried out the balanced version hahaha :D

bMGGIt9.png

Check out the goals in the league :$
dBK89xQ.png

Last edited:
Also for some weird reason the tactics drops from like 100% to 98% fluid in the middle of the season, but if you have it on match tactics all the time that wont happen.

The reason it drops in the middle of the season is because you buy new players in the January window, or some players have come back from a loan.

You can see how fluid the tactic is individually on all players. The reason it drops is because new players to the team needs time to get to know the tactic.

I think its fair to say , this is cheat tactic , just like match engine exploiter on fm 2012 :D

Young midfielders with good finishing? I starter a new save with Nottingham Forest.

Changed from Attacking to the Balanced version and now finally I can win away games!!!

Back