An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 694
  • Views Views 453K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, have worked with my tactic for a long time now. Keeping the possession well, 60% very often. If you could tell me how you got your Porto side to score when playing possession football, it would be nice, because I have huge problems with it. Usually I get 0 CCCs, sometimes 1-2 and score max. 2 goals each game. I score some goals from shots outside the area, but not able to create good chances. Previous game I won 1-2 playing away, first goal was failed cross from my backup left back, which went in hitting first crossbar then post. Winning goal was shot from about 20m from goal.

I play 4-2-3-1, 2x CM, AML&R as inside forward (attack) and advanced playmaker (support), AMC as advanced playmaker (attack) and striker as poacher. Tactic is attacking.

First played with 2 inside forwards, both attacking and false nine, then changed other inside forward to advanced playmaker to make him create chances, false nine to poacher and also changed my 2 DMs to CMs, which has worked well to get possession and defend better.

At least I think I should make my AMR to play that advanced playmaker, because AML is quickest in my team so he would be in the end of the attacks more if I would change him to inside forward.

All kinds of ideas are taken, preferably using a false nine but really doesn't have to. I can upload my tactic if someone wants to check what is wrong in it. I managed to get my defence working, so I have also counter attacing threat.

Well, have worked with my tactic for a long time now. Keeping the possession well, 60% very often. If you could tell me how you got your Porto side to score when playing possession football, it would be nice, because I have huge problems with it. Usually I get 0 CCCs, sometimes 1-2 and score max. 2 goals each game. I score some goals from shots outside the area, but not able to create good chances. Previous game I won 1-2 playing away, first goal was failed cross from my backup left back, which went in hitting first crossbar then post. Winning goal was shot from about 20m from goal.

I play 4-2-3-1, 2x CM, AML&R as inside forward (attack) and advanced playmaker (support), AMC as advanced playmaker (attack) and striker as poacher. Tactic is attacking.

First played with 2 inside forwards, both attacking and false nine, then changed other inside forward to advanced playmaker to make him create chances, false nine to poacher and also changed my 2 DMs to CMs, which has worked well to get possession and defend better.

At least I think I should make my AMR to play that advanced playmaker, because AML is quickest in my team so he would be in the end of the attacks more if I would change him to inside forward.

All kinds of ideas are taken, preferably using a false nine but really doesn't have to. I can upload my tactic if someone wants to check what is wrong in it. I managed to get my defence working, so I have also counter attacing threat.

when only playing one striker and playing him in a false 9 role the important thing is to make your attacking mids to get forward and move into the box. so if using the false nine try to have atleast two of your three attacking mids moving into the box. otherwise your false nine won't have any good passing options.

when only playing one striker and playing him in a false 9 role the important thing is to make your attacking mids to get forward and move into the box. so if using the false nine try to have atleast two of your three attacking mids moving into the box. otherwise your false nine won't have any good passing options.

Evert AM has attacking mentality and run from deep set to often. False nine actually doesn't have the ball at his feet very often, so he isn't the one making trough passes, unfortunately.

Evert AM has attacking mentality and run from deep set to often. False nine actually doesn't have the ball at his feet very often, so he isn't the one making trough passes, unfortunately.

Reduce the attacking mentality to around half way, maybe just a couple clicks in. And make your striker have the ball at his feet sometimes, so that when he does receive it, he can do something with it.

Reduce the attacking mentality to around half way, maybe just a couple clicks in. And make your striker have the ball at his feet sometimes, so that when he does receive it, he can do something with it.

Reducing mentality increases forward runs?! Well, anyway some changes to it are necessary, he doesn't seem to be doing anything at the moment, in defence doesn't come down to defend opposition midifeld and in attack doesn't play trough passes to inside forwards or make forward runs. Same goes with false nine, now I play him as trequartista and he is primary playmaker, but when he has ball at his feet just drops it to midfielders or even defenders, altough turning and playing trough pass would be better option as there is often players going forward.

edit. making AMC and false nine passing style to direct or somewhere close to that would increase through balls?

Last edited:
Reducing mentality increases forward runs?! Well, anyway some changes to it are necessary, he doesn't seem to be doing anything at the moment, in defence doesn't come down to defend opposition midifeld and in attack doesn't play trough passes to inside forwards or make forward runs. Same goes with false nine, now I play him as trequartista and he is primary playmaker, but when he has ball at his feet just drops it to midfielders or even defenders, altough turning and playing trough pass would be better option as there is often players going forward.

edit. making AMC and false nine passing style to direct or somewhere close to that would increase through balls?

To answer your question: Well, sort of. It makes them look for a pass directly to a player, rather than the closest option. If you have Through Balls on Often or Sometimes, then it should.

This is awesome mate, echoing the others a great read and I can see the amount of effort gone into this is unreal. I like many others am trying to massively improve my skills on FM and your step-by-step guide is really easy to understand and learn from.

This is awesome mate, echoing the others a great read and I can see the amount of effort gone into this is unreal. I like many others am trying to massively improve my skills on FM and your step-by-step guide is really easy to understand and learn from.

Thanks. And yeah, I am learning even as I write them, because I am trying out new things and working out new ways in playing the game. I appreciate the comments.

When should we expect the next article ('modern playmaker?)? Articles so far have been great, I am using many of the things mentioned here in the tactic I'm working on.

I'm hoping fingers crossed that with patch 11.3 someone can or I can create the "Modern Centre Half" I think its going to be the next thing in Football.

When should we expect the next article ('modern playmaker?)? Articles so far have been great, I am using many of the things mentioned here in the tactic I'm working on.

When the 11.3 patch is released, so then I can work with the latest patch, and there aren't any bugs or glitches in the project. Currently, I am working on defensive tactics, and how to build a strong one. It will not come out until 11.3 though.

I'm hoping fingers crossed that with patch 11.3 someone can or I can create the "Modern Centre Half" I think its going to be the next thing in Football.

I talked to LGFIRE about this, and have stressed that I would like to get through all of the positions on the field in modern-day before anyone else posts an article. I don't want to sound selfish, but some people posting it before I do would hamper my research, and kind of make it more difficult for me to create an article on it - because all of the information is there.

After my article, people are welcome to do their own. I apologise.

When the 11.3 patch is released, so then I can work with the latest patch, and there aren't any bugs or glitches in the project. Currently, I am working on defensive tactics, and how to build a strong one. It will not come out until 11.3 though.

I think the key of defensive tactic is keep your cleansheet and won a match without concede.
We're all here to support your thread bud, cheers :)

I think the key of defensive tactic is keep your cleansheet and won a match without concede.
We're all here to support your thread bud, cheers :)

There is that, but really what I am trying to explore is the way that you do. You may be able to keep a clean sheet week in and week out, but the role of the central defenders, fullbacks and the central midfielders are what compromise of a strongly-built defence. I haven't had much success, and have conceded in every game I've played, but hopefully when 11.3 comes out, it will become a little more straight-forward.

And thanks, it's appreciated.

There is that, but really what I am trying to explore is the way that you do. You may be able to keep a clean sheet week in and week out, but the role of the central defenders, fullbacks and the central midfielders are what compromise of a strongly-built defence. I haven't had much success, and have conceded in every game I've played, but hopefully when 11.3 comes out, it will become a little more straight-forward.

And thanks, it's appreciated.

See another thread out there, combine with your experience and I believe that you can do that. I'm waiting for your next article.

I talked to LGFIRE about this, and have stressed that I would like to get through all of the positions on the field in modern-day before anyone else posts an article. I don't want to sound selfish, but some people posting it before I do would hamper my research, and kind of make it more difficult for me to create an article on it - because all of the information is there.

After my article, people are welcome to do their own. I apologise.

Thats good to hear hope it works because its the way I would like to play on FM a DM that forms a back three always use it on games like Fifa and Pro and it seems to work

Thats good to hear hope it works because its the way I would like to play on FM a DM that forms a back three always use it on games like Fifa and Pro and it seems to work

Yeah. There will be an earlier article though before I delve into the defensive side of the game, to which I will be able to bring out a slightly different article than the usual.

This has to be one of my favorite things on this site, I keep on finding myself coming in here to read these articles as I try to implement some of the ideas. Great work, and when I release a tactic at some point I will make sure to credit you iNickStuff.

This has to be one of my favorite things on this site, I keep on finding myself coming in here to read these articles as I try to implement some of the ideas. Great work, and when I release a tactic at some point I will make sure to credit you iNickStuff.

Thanks, it's great to have people come to this thread and read the articles. I am happy that people are finding this useful, and applying it to their games.

That would be great as well.

Thanks, it's great to have people come to this thread and read the articles. I am happy that people are finding this useful, and applying it to their games.

That would be great as well.

Yeah, many thanks from me too, I hope those SI guys manage to do that patch soon, so we can enjoy more of this. BTW, does anyone happen to have any information what will be changed in the 11.3 patch?

And then about articles, when you make article about defending, do you concentrate only to defendind deep and counterattacking, or also pressing high up the field?

Yeah, many thanks from me too, I hope those SI guys manage to do that patch soon, so we can enjoy more of this. BTW, does anyone happen to have any information what will be changed in the 11.3 patch?

And then about articles, when you make article about defending, do you concentrate only to defendind deep and counterattacking, or also pressing high up the field?

I have no idea what is in the 11.3 patch.

In regards to the defensive article; I was planning on doing defending in general and counter-attacking football, but defending higher up the field would mean a little more reasearch. That has probably been covered already in another article, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back