An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 694
  • Views 451K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to have a go, I am just trying to explain to you.

i have recently started developing a typical 4-3-3 tactic, im trying to play attacking possession football by playing quite short and just keeping the ball so the other team cant attack, just wondering what type of forward would you suggest , although im going to be playing 2 inside forwards who i want to cut inside and get shots away i also want a few crosses in, id prefer not to use a target man (just personal choice) i have been considering playing a deep lying forward but im not sure if he would ever be in the possition to get on the end of the crosses due to his slightly more def mentality

i have recently started developing a typical 4-3-3 tactic, im trying to play attacking possession football by playing quite short and just keeping the ball so the other team cant attack, just wondering what type of forward would you suggest , although im going to be playing 2 inside forwards who i want to cut inside and get shots away i also want a few crosses in, id prefer not to use a target man (just personal choice) i have been considering playing a deep lying forward but im not sure if he would ever be in the possition to get on the end of the crosses due to his slightly more def mentality

Quick forwards with high Anticipation, Decisions and Off the Ball attributes alongside Finishing, First Touch and Technique are who you are looking for. Acceleration and Pace over 15, and maybe Agility too would make him a constant thorn to defenders and hard to hold down. As a loan striker, they can thrive on the misfortune of slow defenders or defenders that are not concentrating whilst they are fed through passes into most provident areas to score.

Player Preferred Movements such as:

• 'Likes to beat the offside trap'
  • 'Likes to roud keeper'
  • 'Places shots'

Are what you are looking for, or want to train. Your wingers, also should have high Anticipation, Decisions and Passing to feed the through balls and for it to be a lot quicker and much more effective on the counter-attack.

Why do you recommend to lower tackling strength of defenders when they have a high aggression attribute?
When they are high in this I put hard talking on them, as I thought if this is high then they are strong tacklers, as if a player is high in flair and creativity, I would give them creative freedom?

Why do you recommend to lower tackling strength of defenders when they have a high aggression attribute?
When they are high in this I put hard talking on them, as I thought if this is high then they are strong tacklers, as if a player is high in flair and creativity, I would give them creative freedom?

When did I do this? I never said that.

Strength counts for the defender's ability to knock opponents off the ball and have the ability to stave off attacking dangers. Aggression, coupled with that makes them no-nonsense styled centre halves and be much more able to control bigger attacking players, such as big and strong target men, or small and quick forwards.

I really don't understand if this is a statement or if it is a question.

Sorry mate we seemed to have crossed wires. I mean i was reading through all the comments, and i see you wrote if the defender has high aggression then give them normal or easy tackling?
Thats a question im not being rude, i just wondered as when they have high aggression i meet that with hard tackling. Just wondered if i misunderstood that attribute.
Sorry if you though i was having a go. I didnt mean strength of the player just the strength of the tackle.
By the way great thread loads of interesting stuff to read.

Sorry mate we seemed to have crossed wires. I mean i was reading through all the comments, and i see you wrote if the defender has high aggression then give them normal or easy tackling?
Thats a question im not being rude, i just wondered as when they have high aggression i meet that with hard tackling. Just wondered if i misunderstood that attribute.
Sorry if you though i was having a go. I didnt mean strength of the player just the strength of the tackle.
By the way great thread loads of interesting stuff to read.

It's fine. I understand.

Maybe I have misunderstood the attribute, but usually when I have defenders with high Aggression, they can commit a lot of unnecessary fouls and possibly penalties and a large concession of bookings that can easily be avoided. If they reject the suggestion of not diving into tackles, or fail to change their ways, I set their Tackling to Easy so that they can maintain their ability to tackle, but also not concede a high percentage of fouls and put my team into danger constantly.

Oh right well il keep an eye on it, when i use it in future, iv only been using it with good defenders like pepe and otamendi. But when i used hard tackling for ramos he picked up cards all the time, he picks up cards on easy.

Another thing i was reading and wanted to ask is, i play and medium dline sometimes to clicks to right. Control football, so the defenders mentality is quite high, if i lower their mentality and closing down, will this affect how high they will play the dline?

Oh right well il keep an eye on it, when i use it in future, iv only been using it with good defenders like pepe and otamendi. But when i used hard tackling for ramos he picked up cards all the time, he picks up cards on easy.

Another thing i was reading and wanted to ask is, i play and medium dline sometimes to clicks to right. Control football, so the defenders mentality is quite high, if i lower their mentality and closing down, will this affect how high they will play the dline?

Well, the closing down would mean that your defenders would increase their intention to nullify attacking threats. Dependent on their Concentration, Decisions and Determination attributes is how successful it is. The defensive line will not change, but may leave gaps in it for quicker wingers or more mentally-adept strikers to get through and become a threat - i.e. a quick winger dribbling through onto the byline and crossing in, the defender rushes back but is too slow and the striker is able to finish.

hi
I have a question: if I hernandez used as a false 9, and Rooney as a false 10??
will it work?

Rio ferdinand 34. what to do with him? got loads of better, younger ones

hi
I have a question: if I hernandez used as a false 9, and Rooney as a false 10??
will it work?

Well, it would supress the amount of chances and make it more difficult to score goals if both strikers are dropping far deeper than they should and dragging out defenders - rather than latching onto through passes.

Rio ferdinand 34. what to do with him? got loads of better, younger ones

Get him to tutor them and play the younger ones more regularly. However, the threads below go into further detail and what you should do. This question is not suitable for this thread:

Tactics & Training: The "I have a small question" thread

The Complete "How to train/tutor my youngsters" thread

Thank you

Well, it would supress the amount of chances and make it more difficult to score goals if both strikers are dropping far deeper than they should and dragging out defenders - rather than latching onto through passes.

Get him to tutor them and play the younger ones more regularly. However, the threads below go into further detail and what you should do. This question is not suitable for this thread:

Tactics & Training: The "I have a small question" thread

The Complete "How to train/tutor my youngsters" thread

Cheers pal :D

thank.
ok so I let Hernandez as a poacher and Rooney as TQ.I have work to do just that from the position of AMC rooney shot more goals.there is great only those goals does not as I would like.
and sorry for my english :)

I am currently running the newest version of IE but it worked like a charm with Firefox.
Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.