An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 694
  • Views 451K
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey nick do you have some kick n' rush tactics ?? please tell me how to make kick n' rush :D

In all honesty, both of your defences are fine the way they are. James, your instincts are correct, but an alternative would be Limited Defender for Vermaelen, and then Ball-Playing Defender, Cover for Koscielny. Not that much of a difference. And for Chris, Limited Defender for Vidic and Central Defender, Defend for Ferdinand.

The one thing people do is over-complicate their defence, or try to do things are unnecessary and wind up having an imbalance or leak a large amount of goals. The key is to keep it simple, or keep it to the tactic for which you are playing. Here's an example;

Lora - Godin - Dominguez - Lopez

This is my current defence with Atletico Madrid. I play the following; "Full Back (Automatic) - Limited Defender (Defend) - Central Defender (Defend) - Full Back (Automatic". Sometimes, I would switch it a little to have Dominguez drop deep and play Cover, so that he can sweep out passes retain possession. I am currently trying to make him into a Ball-Playing Defender via training schedules, but even then, his role would change to Ball-Playing Defender, Defend.

Everything in their Player Instructions is on Default usually, or I would make their Tackling, Normal or Easy - dependent on the tactic itself. So far, I have leaked few goals per game, as the defence has now matured and become better and more consistent. There are a few snags here and there, but there are no 3-2's, 4-3's or 5-4's. Simply because the defence has a simple job to do and it does it fine.

If you really want to alter your Player Instructions, then change your most aggressive defender's PI's to have no Creative Freedom, low Closing Down and Easy tackling. The other defender can have a little higher Closing Down, a small portion of Creative Freedom and Normal tackling. That should do fine. No "Stopper-Cover" system whatsoever. People need to snap out of that because it's not FM10 anymore.

Anyway, just play a normal and un-complicated set-up.

Nick I just wanted to ask your advice on closing down instructions for two central midfielders playing as deep lying playamkers. I will have one of my midfielders on support and the other on defend. I normally play a fluid control game. Song and Wilshere are my two central midfielders at the moment. Also what are your thoughts on Inside Forward with support duty would this help to protect the wings more and give my full backs more support

hey nick do you have some kick n' rush tactics ?? please tell me how to make kick n' rush :D

It's on the list of things to post as an article.

Nick I just wanted to ask your advice on closing down instructions for two central midfielders playing as deep lying playamkers. I will have one of my midfielders on support and the other on defend. I normally play a fluid control game. Song and Wilshere are my two central midfielders at the moment. Also what are your thoughts on Inside Forward with support duty would this help to protect the wings more and give my full backs more support

The DLP on support should be dealing with the attacking threat through the centre more than the DLP on defensive duty, who should be sitting back in his own area. The defensive DLP should have the far more defensive mentality than the supporting DLP, whilst having little creative freedom and just creating from deep with a shorter passing range. Basically a juxtaposition of the supporting DLP.

I don't understand what you mean by 'right one'. I will download it but I don't really know what you mean by it.
in the dortmund tactic there has been no change in the sliders and there some roles differents from the ones that you showed us in the article like BWM-Defend is CM-Automatic in the tactic you uploaded

in the dortmund tactic there has been no change in the sliders and there some roles differents from the ones that you showed us in the article like BWM-Defend is CM-Automatic in the tactic you uploaded

I will re-upload it soon.

74524-albums705-175534.jpg

2011-12 Club Kit Changes [As of 09.06.2011]

Thursday, 9th June 2011

Here is a minor database that present small changes in the kits of clubs to associate with the real-life release of club kits. Prior to the release of Football Manager 2012, this small database will be a small taste of an authentic change in one's FM11 experience with a default kit change and how it presents itself on-screen. The database includes:

• Liverpool F.C. away kit
  • Chelsea F.C. home kit
  • A.C. Milan home kit
  • A.F.C. Ajax away kit
  • P.S.V. Eindhoven away kit
  • Mansfield F.C. home kit
  • Sunderland A.F.C. home kit
  • Newcastle United home kit
  • F.C. Barcelona home and away kit
  • F.C. Bayern Munich home kit

• And a few more.

The database is now available for download.

View attachment 175535

Last edited:
74524-albums705-175556.jpg

Real competition names [fixed database file]

Thursday, 9th June 2011

This small database comprises of changes in competition names to reflect real life. The names of the English F.A. Cup, English first division and English League Cup have been changed to the ones in real life, such as the Barclays Premier League, F.A. Cup and Carling Cup. Real names have also been added to awards, such as in the Spanish league with the top Spanish goalscorer award being re-named to the Pichichi award. The following changes have been made to the following countries:

• England: Barclays Premier League, F.A. Cup, Carling Cup and F.A. Trophy
  • France: Coupe de France, Trophee des champions, Coupe de la Liga, Championnat National
  • Germany: German Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga, 3. Liga, DFB-Pokal
  • Italy: Lega Serie B, Supercoppa Italiana, Coppa Italiana
  • Spain: Segunda Division B, Pichichi Award

• Holland: KNVB beker (Cup), Johan Cruijff Schaal (Shield)
  • Turkey: Spor Toto Super Lig
  • Sweden: Allsvenskan, Svenska Cupen
  • Norway: Tippeligaen, Adeccoligaen, Norsk Cup, Norske Super Cup
  • Finland: Veikkausliiga, Suomen Cup
  • Belgium: Jupiler League, Coupe de Belgique
  • European: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Intertoto Cup

• And more. This is not the full changelist.

Now available for downloading.

View attachment 175558

Last edited:
It's on the list of things to post as an article.

The DLP on support should be dealing with the attacking threat through the centre more than the DLP on defensive duty, who should be sitting back in his own area. The defensive DLP should have the far more defensive mentality than the supporting DLP, whilst having little creative freedom and just creating from deep with a shorter passing range. Basically a juxtaposition of the supporting DLP.

Thank you Nick. Sometimes a get dominated in midfield when I am playing two deep lying playmakers can you offer me any further tips on deal with this issue. I am playing a 4231 formation with my deep lying playmakers in the central midfielder position.

Thank you Nick. Sometimes a get dominated in midfield when I am playing two deep lying playmakers can you offer me any further tips on deal with this issue. I am playing a 4231 formation with my deep lying playmakers in the central midfielder position.

It's the same thing as I said before. What I have mentioned is fine as it is, and much further would just damage the structure anyway.

Can you help me with my defence? I have evra, vidic, rio and rafael, and i play with an anchorman in front of them (de rossi) but i leak to many goals, and i have one of the best defences in the world.. and my goalkeeper is adler, so its not his fault.

74524-albums705-175945.jpg

Stretford End Project: 2007-08 Manchester United database

• An editor file that consists of the 2007-08 Manchester United squad that won both the Barclays Premier League and UEFA Champions League.
  • Player histories, club transfers, loans, international caps and reputations have been edited.
  • Now available for download.

Saturday, 11th June 2011

For a little while now, I have been looking a past teams that have graced the game and thinking about some of the clubs today when they had great players. Real Madrid with di Stefano and Puskas, Bayern with Beckenbauer, Milan with Maldini, Juventus with Platini - Manchester United with Beckham, van Nistelrooy, Keane, Solskjaer and co. There are far more but I'd like to keep it short. I have gone on to make databases that consist of full teams and their players, leading to me having to rummage through Wikipedia, Google and other various websites and dig up information for them. I started with modern teams first so that I could get a grasp of things and see what things were do-able and not. I have done the majority of a 2003-04 Arsenal database, but that is on my laptop, so that will have to wait.

For now, however, I started a database that tried to get as close to the champions of both the Barclays Premier League and UEFA Champions League of the 2007-08 season - that being Manchester United. Not trying to get arrogant. It consists of the transfers in Nani and Anderson from their respective Portuguese clubs (Sporting and F.C. Porto) in a combined £30million double swoop, Cristiano Ronaldo in undoubtedly his best-ever season at Manchester United, the first of two years in Carlos Tevez's loan out to Manchester United from West Ham in the heat of the famous transfer saga and Gerard Pique's impending move back to F.C. Barcelona at the end of the season. The sales of Gabriel Heinze, Kieran Richardson, Giuseppe Rossi, Alan Smith, as well as the retirement of Scandinavian legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer only made room for seven new faces at Old Trafford and a variation in short-lived and possibly very long-term futures in a Red Devils shirt.

There was also the interesting decisions of loaning out 18 Manchester United youngsters from August to January, October to June, November to December and even March to May. To this day, only one of them remains contracted Manchester United. The other 17 have either been released or sold to other clubs, including Ryan Shawcross to Stoke City following a January loan transfer to the then-Championship club that led to a full switch from the OT into the hands of the Britannia Stadium.

As mentioned before, the player histories have been shortened so that future transfers do not interject (i.e. Cristiano Ronaldo moving from Man Utd to Real Madrid and then back again on a supposed 'free transfer'), loan deals have been deleted that may also interject once again and the team should consists of 38 players in the team, minus the loaned out players. You may also encounter a name change in the club, but that can be fixed if requested.

So enjoy.

View attachment 175952

Great stuff however, still There are many problems with your screenshots. Most of them have gone.

Great stuff however, still There are many problems with your screenshots. Most of them have gone.

Perhaps you should change web browser, as others have found using Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox the best way of viewing the articles with screenshots.

Perhaps you should change web browser, as others have found using Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox the best way of viewing the articles with screenshots.

Oh right, yeah I will give that a go. Would love to see all this threads greatness.

Is it impossible to keep a clean sheet against the top 4 in the premier league? every time i play either chelsea, arsenal or liverpool i leak goals, even against city and tottenham..

Is it impossible to keep a clean sheet against the top 4 in the premier league? every time i play either chelsea, arsenal or liverpool i leak goals, even against city and tottenham..

It's not impossible, but I can't really give you advice when a) you're just telling me about it in a linear, brand and straight-forward sense and b) there are no screenshots and barely any information. This sort of thing could belong on the Post Your Frustrations thread.

* NEW * WEB BROWSING AND IMAGERY

I have recognised that people have been experiencing difficulties with viewing images from my articles and possibly from others that have posted their own. People seem to be using web browsers such as Google Chrome and Opera to view the thread, but that in itself has it's own problems, due to it not being very compatible with content posted through main web browsers in Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer - especially when they are updated by Microsoft and Mozilla [the company] themselves.

Hopefully this will clear up the problems that are being experienced by others and put a stop to it before it starts to become a real issue. After looking through, I have seen something that may come of aid to people when viewing this thread and the imagery, as well as content. So I would advise the following:

TRY CHANGING WEB BROWSERS

I understand that a niche portion of viewers use Google Chrome or Opera. Since I am not familiar with either and in fact never used either of them, it would be recommended that you switch back to a much more common web browser in Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. If you do not have Mozilla Firefox on your computer, I would also recommend downloading it from the official website here. Internet Explorer should be on your computer by default, but incase you have un-installed it in favour of a modern web browser, the site is here too. I use Mozilla Firefox to post the images on the articles and not Internet Explorer, but I am sure that those of whom that cannot see the images will be able to on IE anyway.

• Google Chrome and Opera have often been web browsers that have settings that far differ from those that are set, on default by MF or IE. Try going through the settings panel on your web browser to find out if it blocks or allows any images that may be from certain websites, or there is a box ticked that refrains from images being shown because of certain reasons.

• MF and/or IE can too have settings that may refrain from certain images being shown on a web page, and that may be because of several reasons, such as parental controls on an account, an update in the web browser from the companies themselves in their latest web browsers available for public download and settings changed before that may have been forgotten about or just done to gain a certain result.

CHANGING THE SETTINGS ON MOZILLA FIREFOX

Like mentioned before sometimes it is set by default to refrain certain images. This, through a common web browser such as Mozilla Firefox will hopefully help those who cannot view the thread.

74524-albums705-176219.png

Go to Tools in the upper left-hand corner of the browser, and access several options.

74524-albums705-176221.png

As you have done that, click on Options to then access several categories available.

74524-albums705-176224.png

Click on the Content tab that is third from the left if it has not already been selected. After that, you will see a box labelled "Load images automatically". If not ticked already, I would suggest doing so. Following on from that, click on the box parallel to it, called Exceptions.

74524-albums705-176222.png

This is where you can block or allow images to be shown from certain websites. Parents sometimes do this to refrain their children from viewing imagery that may not be suitable for them, or may be influential in a negative manner. Type into the box "www.fm-base.co.uk". Once you have done that, click on the Allow button, and then click on the Close box at the bottom right-hand corner of the whole box. Close the Options box when done.

74524-albums705-176223.png

After all that, and it has not shown the images yet, I would suggest clicking on the Refresh button, or closing the entire web browser itself and see what happens.

If you look at post 572, I actually asked you, but you never answered my question..

Status
Not open for further replies.