An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
Started a new game last night with Raikan's new tactic. The first game of the season didn't start too well as i went down 3-1 to west brom away from home. 2nd game of the season was against liverpool at home.

After the west brom game i wasn't feeling that confident but the lads pulled out something special to dominate and win 2-1.

Next up for me was an away trip to arsenal. i was feeling confident going into the match but how wrong i would be. My team never got going and the match ended Arsenal 7 - 1 Man Utd with both ashley young (sold him for £20mill) and gervinho picking up 2 each. This was the worst defeat i'd ever suffered in a fm game. Thankfully there was a two week break after that match so it allowed me to get my players back up to full fitness.

The first game after the break was at home to fulham. I was expecting a big performace from my players after the drubbing they got last time out but they got lucky with darren fletcher turning up with a strike from outside the box to sneak away with a 1-0 win. Next up for my team is the champions league game away to schalke, hopefully things start to pick up for me

How did Arsenal set up against you?

holy **** dude, thats really bad, I am really sorry.. never had that before.. even with Fm13..

I really hope it gets better for you!

are you playing like you did on Fm12?

No need to apologise man...its not your fault. i could see from the home game at liverpool how well the tactic worked, gonna be back on tonight for the game vs schalke and probably a few others aswell

How did Arsenal set up against you?

they set up as a 4-2-3-1 similar to what i was playing. one crucial difference between mine and theirs was that their cm's passed it arround the edge of my box till an opening appeared while my cm's were taking pop shots and skying them well wide. The two gervinho goals were the exact same. running around the outisde of my defenders to the byline and then running towards goal and putting it past my keeper. To add insult to injury they started mertersacker on amr and he even scored :(

No need to apologise man...its not your fault. i could see from the home game at liverpool how well the tactic worked, gonna be back on tonight for the game vs schalke and probably a few others aswell

they set up as a 4-2-3-1 similar to what i was playing. one crucial difference between mine and theirs was that their cm's passed it arround the edge of my box till an opening appeared while my cm's were taking pop shots and skying them well wide. The two gervinho goals were the exact same. running around the outisde of my defenders to the byline and then running towards goal and putting it past my keeper. To add insult to injury they started mertersacker on amr and he even scored :(

The difference between theirs and yours would probably have been down to a lack of balance in your side. If your CMs are taking potshots it most likely means they dont have passing angles on. Would love to see a screenshot of the formation? Gervinho should have been dealt with by showing wide, then hard tackling. A free kick wide on the byline is less threat than once he is round you.

right at the start, just praise him, endorse him saying he needs to leave Spurs etc etc.. maybe try and sweet talk AVB as well :) makes him accepting player offers easier if mates

**** I haven't started the praise etc. Until beginning of August and I can't seem to get Bale unhappy or to request a transfer. What should I do mate?

**** I haven't started the praise etc. Until beginning of August and I can't seem to get Bale unhappy or to request a transfer. What should I do mate?

make offers as well mate! to be honest, I never praised him once! I just offered £23.5m and they accepted and he joined :)

make offers as well mate! to be honest, I never praised him once! I just offered £23.5m and they accepted and he joined :)

I was making offers during all this and I can't get anything accepted, not even £27m! I will go higher and see what they actually want. Although I do not want to go any higher than £25m.. so I have a problem.

I was making offers during all this and I can't get anything accepted, not even £27m! I will go higher and see what they actually want. Although I do not want to go any higher than £25m.. so I have a problem.

strange.. what experience did you set yourself at the start?

sign Andre Ayew.

Or Marcos Rojo and the other half of the cash you can sign Gaitan

Another great shout, I have just bid £30m on Bale just to see how high they actually want out of curiosity... I'll let you know although I won't be buying him!

or as Mike said, Ayew and Rojo :) for around the same price, Fabio comes back end of the season and he is good!

Spurs offered me over £10m for him so I could not say no! but wishing I did keep him now..

International footballer mate.

Not a bad shout thanks bud. Great thing about Bale though is he can play Left Back as well though!

His positioning is so bad you're better off not using him there. If you want that kind of left side player, get david alaba, and then put individual focus on positioning

or as Mike said, Ayew and Rojo :) for around the same price, Fabio comes back end of the season and he is good!

Spurs offered me over £10m for him so I could not say no! but wishing I did keep him now..

The Bale one is certainly strange considering other gamers experience in getting him like yours included.

However I did get Fellaini for Anderson and £10m, which was good!

Yarmolenko is quite close to Bale and nearly just as good in my opinion :) not sure how much Dynamo will let him go for though.. I was close on bringing him in!

View attachment 283803View attachment 283804

He looks like a great player to be fair, I might have a punt on him depending how much they actually want.

Just a quick question, what have you found the best way to use Kagawa?

He looks like a great player to be fair, I might have a punt on him depending how much they actually want.

Just a quick question, what have you found the best way to use Kagawa?

I am offering him around £16.5m at the moment, started at £13m and not interested (start of 2nd season, well a few months in)

attacking mid, central behind strikers mate or outwide and cutting in

I am offering him around £16.5m at the moment, started at £13m and not interested (start of 2nd season, well a few months in)

attacking mid, central behind strikers mate or outwide and cutting in

Cheers bud, let me know whether that £16.5m offer is near to what they want mate :)

The Bale one is certainly strange considering other gamers experience in getting him like yours included.

However I did get Fellaini for Anderson and £10m, which was good!

i was luckily able to get him for 25mil

as for fellaini i somehow managed to pull off a straight swap for anderson :D

i was luckily able to get him for 25mil

as for fellaini i somehow managed to pull off a straight swap for anderson :D

****** ****, I must be hated by Tottenham then for some reason!

I am seeing whether they will even accept £30m from me for Bale, not that I will buy him if they do, just out of curiosity.

Back