An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
In a bit of a pickle Raikan if you could help :D

I've sold Nani (£30m to Arsenal) with the intention of signing a transfer listed Neymar, but he decided to opt for Barcelona...Shall i go the season without a replacement considering i have Kagawa, Valencia, Cleverly And bale who can play there as well as RVP, Rooney and Welbeck...

Also i sold Evans to free up funds to buy Walker, but Tottenham were being unreasonable with a 32m price tag, should i again go without replacing a season considering i have Jones, Vidic, Smalling and an ageing Ferdinand or shall i take vasco up on their offer of Dede for £24m?

Thank you :)

In a bit of a pickle Raikan if you could help :D

I've sold Nani (£30m to Arsenal) with the intention of signing a transfer listed Neymar, but he decided to opt for Barcelona...Shall i go the season without a replacement considering i have Kagawa, Valencia, Cleverly And bale who can play there as well as RVP, Rooney and Welbeck...

Also i sold Evans to free up funds to buy Walker, but Tottenham were being unreasonable with a 32m price tag, should i again go without replacing a season considering i have Jones, Vidic, Smalling and an ageing Ferdinand or shall i take vasco up on their offer of Dede for £24m?

Thank you :)

hey bud, I would wait mate :) cup tied is very frustrating and a waste if the player is..

look at Corchia or Snra or something :) but you have enough for now, put all of that into your wage budget and hoping your board will give you a large sized transfer kitty for next season...

Yeah i did pretty well this season (first season) won the league with a game to go, got to the final of the FA cup (lost 2:0 to southampton, i had fielded a completely rotated side and put henrique up front as the next game was 3 days away against Man city who were 3 points behind me in the league) and i got thrashed in the Champions league Final by Barce lol.. Got a 55m budget, 70m now that evans was sold and i'm fairly certain despite getting 30m for Nani i didnt see a penny of it :(

who you planning on bringing in?

nice season! also lost in the FA Cup Final! and Semi's of ECL against Barca.. bastards

really interesting to see the comparisons in how everyones game is going.

ive been using the 4-2-3-1 might n magic. 1 point behind city at the start of jan.

transfer wise, took the advice and sold young for 20m to arsenal. tried to get bale but i left it to late and they wouldnt sell, signed andre schurrle instead. got felliani for 10m p/ex for anderson.

in janurary i have sold evans to everton for 18m!! and i have hummels coming in as his replacement for 11.75 ha!

might sign llorente for free but i could do with a new LB, or DLP any suggestions?

really interesting to see the comparisons in how everyones game is going.

ive been using the 4-2-3-1 might n magic. 1 point behind city at the start of jan.

transfer wise, took the advice and sold young for 20m to arsenal. tried to get bale but i left it to late and they wouldnt sell, signed andre schurrle instead. got felliani for 10m p/ex for anderson.

in janurary i have sold evans to everton for 18m!! and i have hummels coming in as his replacement for 11.75 ha!

might sign llorente for free but i could do with a new LB, or DLP any suggestions?

Nice Hummels deal mate :) high five!

I am looking for a new left back myself, Evra is getting on a bit (end of second season will let him go) just in December of 2nd season at the moment..

I have been looking at:

1) retraining Bale and working on his positioning/marking stats as I have Gotze coming in in Jan with Kagawa/Valencia/Welbeck

Dominco Cristico ss not loaded up! he is probably very expensive

Gael Clichy is TL for £6m and looks like a very decent replacement as well.. seeing what City say!

Into December, was unbeaten up until my last game were City beat me 2-1 and went 3 clear of me, though were miles ahead of the rest so 2 horse race. Into the semi final of the Carling Cup against Wolves, and also qualified for the next round of the Champions League, though it was squeeky *** time, Lost 2 of my first 3 group games and had to win the last 2 to go through and thankfully beat Celtic in my last game to come 2nd.

Anyone else find Danny Welbeck hard to get rid off? Ive tried to go down to as low as 7.5 million and no1 still wants him.

I have not tried to sell him :)

I always keep him around, HG status is needed and has been retrained as AML

I have not tried to sell him :)

I always keep him around, HG status is needed and has been retrained as AML

he has started off really well for me as rooner, RVP n Chicha all got inj in d 1st league match.. welbeck has bagged 9 off 4 games.. hope his form continues..

So after my shakey start to the season i decided to go back to my 2012 tactic and see how it worked in 2013. I must say i was pleasently surprised, the first game was at home to city and to my amazment it ended 6-1 to united with rvp picking up a hatrick.

The next game was at home to galatasary in the champions league. rvp bagged a brace and rooney grabbed a goal to win 3-0.

My away form this year has been terrible so the next game was a test for me.. away to villa. Gareth Bale popped up to put me 1-0 ahead but villa hit back to equalise before wayne rooney ran from inside his own half to score in the 88th minute to scrape out a 2-1 win so things are beginning to look a bit brighter for the team with the key players coming into form

Just starting my 2nd season now. First one ended with winning the Leagu cup and PL. I don't think its that hard to win matches, as loong as you keep adapting to your opponents it works out just fine. I love using a 4312 vs chelsea and city. Somehow they barely create chances with that tactic.

First season I sold off young and bought bale. And also got in fellaini for 10 + anderson. Also got alaba from bayernfor 15£ in the january window, really recomend him since hes versatile . I bought most of those young brazilians Raikan recomended :)
Ive got rid of a bunch of players now into the 2nd season. Giggs, scholes, buttner, lindergaard, nani, rvp and evra. Picked upp Ilorente for free, and bought neymar and falcao. Might sell Ilorente in january since I now have **** loads of strikers :/

I'm playing him as an advanced forward and he is working really well

very much so! his best for me so far

Cheers man, Idk if you have seen the other thread but you know Jadson how much usually gets accepted for him because I still haven't had any luck with £5million.

Quite steep then for someone of his age, wonder if there is any more accomplished (older) player who you can get for similar in the DM position apart from Bender.

dude, that is pittance for Jadson, did you see how good he is at 20? you wont have to buy another CM for the rest of your save :P

Naingollan is available for around the same price I think!

RVP off to spurs for 19£

Falcao 24.5£ and Neymar 35.5£

So in total ended up spending 13£ from my budget, I think its alright. My squad is more or less set up for the next 3-4 seasons.

Back