An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
Real Madrid beat me in the Semi's and went onto win it.. You wouldnt believe the game i had against them, my stats were something like 26 shots, 15 on target and 1 goal and theres were 12 shots, 6 on target and 3 goals. Won 1-0 2nd leg but wasn't enough. Throughout the season ive missed 4/5 penalties, mostly when winning comfortable. Definitely think that bit of the game is unrealistic.

Real Madrid beat me in the Semi's and went onto win it.. You wouldnt believe the game i had against them, my stats were something like 26 shots, 15 on target and 1 goal and theres were 12 shots, 6 on target and 3 goals. Won 1-0 2nd leg but wasn't enough. Throughout the season ive missed 4/5 penalties, mostly when winning comfortable. Definitely think that bit of the game is unrealistic.

Penalty conversion stats: (he actually missed one in the ECL Semi's with about 10 minutes to go that could have given me a chance to get another and go through)

RVP - 43% (3/7)
WR - 66% (2/3)

Nani and Ademilson scored 2/2 each

Guys, I have just had the most epic morning ever,

It all started with a 6-0 win over Fenerbahçe in the champions league final( to be truthful I had a very easy run in the champions league, but I won it)

I then went into preseason, looking to change my squad. I am in my 3rd season, so I put Valencia,Evans,Flecher and Fabio on the transfer list.
Fletcher and Valencia because the stated that they wanted a new challenge. To my amazement Tottenham offered 30 million for Valencia and stoke came in with a 16 million bid for Evans. Newcastle offered 24 million for fletcher, but the best bid had to be 18 million from Southampton for Fabio.

so this gave me a sizable transfer budget, I brought Rodriguez from Porto for 18 million and Verratti for 24 million from PSG. I also got Kyle walker. Then spent some money getting some young players in, as raikann007 gave me some pointers on development and tutoring so I wanted to give that a try.

It didn’t stop there, England played a blinder in the World cup and beat Italy and Germany on their way to the final were the played, Bosnia and Herzegovina and won 1-0. Roy H then retired from football so I thought this would be a good time to send England my cv - their response was “England find Philip chapman’s job application as laughable....... But then brazil and Holland offered me the job(I took the brazil job part time).England appointed Alan pardrew as manager.

Then the best thing happened, The board have out a transfer embargo in place....... I get taken over by a consortium, they wiped the clubs debts and then increased my already massive transfer budget to 140 million, the worst part is I don’t even need any players lol.

To top it off the extended Old Trafford to 100,000 capacity.

What a morning guys, just thought i would share it.

I will post some screen shots later,as i have just got to work (still stunned)

Thats what i thought,but the day at work that i have had my luck has changed.

so my finish season finished 3rd and won the champions league by a complete fluke, a really poor season.. few games really stick in my mind where I've dominated a game and haven't tooken my chances or where something really stupid happens. Played a 442 451 all season.

on to my second season, I believe I needed a proper ball winning midfielder not average midfielders like carrick fletcher So I bought in Lars bender.. I also bought in Falcao and Leighton Baines put in the same formations as last year.. It just doesn't seem to be working at the moment, the team feels disjointed Falcao hasn't scored in 6 games we make really sloppy passes and it always seems like we concede basic goals from corners or from a mistake from one of my players, 10 points away from the title already and feel like I've last it after 5 games.. :(

Edit: Falcao out for 3 months, keep drawing to average teams at home completely dominating them.. booo

Last edited:
When do Ferdinand, Giggs and Scholes retire? not sure about renewing their contracts as Ferdinand in particular is extortionate, but would like to keep Giggs and Scholes as coaches, but on lower wages! Currently in Jan 2013

When do Ferdinand, Giggs and Scholes retire? not sure about renewing their contracts as Ferdinand in particular is extortionate, but would like to keep Giggs and Scholes as coaches, but on lower wages! Currently in Jan 2013
all 3 retire end of 1st season if you dont offer new contract.

Start a new save with the new patch in the same position as you. I'm just going into december. At the start of the year i told all three of them i wont be renewing their contract. But Rio has been on fire for me i think he has one of the highest average rating throughout the season so far. Tempted to offer him a year extension to tutor the youngsters and play as well. What has everyone else done?

Start a new save with the new patch in the same position as you. I'm just going into december. At the start of the year i told all three of them i wont be renewing their contract. But Rio has been on fire for me i think he has one of the highest average rating throughout the season so far. Tempted to offer him a year extension to tutor the youngsters and play as well. What has everyone else done?

How did you tell them you weren't renewing their contracts? Can't find the option in private chat.

Right guys im having a little problem in getting RVP scoring im playing him as poacher and he scored 3 in 7 in league but the 3 goals was a hatrick in a 5-2 away win at newcastle.. im only in october but unbeaten in league 6 wins 1 draw ( away @ Arsenal )..

View attachment 283308 View attachment 283309

Right guys im having a little problem in getting RVP scoring im playing him as poacher and he scored 3 in 7 in league but the 3 goals was a hatrick in a 5-2 away win at newcastle.. im only in october but unbeaten in league 6 wins 1 draw ( away @ Arsenal )..

View attachment 283308 View attachment 283309

Play him as an advanced forward alongside Rooney as a deep lying forward.
Or play him as a deep lying forward support alongside welbeck/hernandez

How did you tell them you weren't renewing their contracts? Can't find the option in private chat.

It wasn't an option in private chat. It was at the start of the season.

I play him upfront on his own in a 4-2-3-1 formation.. But ill give him a go at advance forward... cheers seabear

I play him upfront on his own in a 4-2-3-1 formation.. But ill give him a go at advance forward... cheers seabear

No worries, let me know how it goes :) bit surprised with your formation considering you have the likes of welbeck, hernandez and hernique in your ranks ;)

How did you do it at the start of the season? thanks for the help so far by the way!

It just appeared on my inbox and i knew i would hire scholes and maybe giggs on as a coach the following season so didn't think too much of it. I dont have any experience myself but someone said they end up retiring after the season. So after they retire you can simply approach to sign them as coaches. How far are you into your game now?

Dave is using my new 433 AMC tactic that will be released either today or tomorrow as it has been giving some sensational results and working extremely well!
I have 3 other members testing it out as well and its working very well for them too!

thanks Dave, that is really impressive mate :) nice goals conceded ratio mate~!

Nice, I look forward to trying some of your tactics Raikan as I am really getting frustrated with setting up my own and with a new real life job at the moment, I do not have enough time to dedicate to watching full games and understanding the ME better :)

Managed to finish off my second season last night and was shocked at who I was able to buy. The first season, I bought Bale and Fellaini (Sold Young and Anderson), second season saw me bring in Fernando Llorente on a free (who has been an absolute animal up top for me, scoring 34 goals in about 38 games), as well as Mats Hummels who was transfer listed for £15million, and has been a great addition, certainly better than Jonny Evans, who I let go to partly fund this deal.

I won absolutely zilch in my first season, and was surprised when I was offered a new 5 year contract! Managed to win just the league in the second season, and imagine my surprise when the name Cristiano Ronaldo appeared on the transfer list. I immediately made a bid, especially after seeing Chelsea make a bid too. I sold Danny Welbeck and Antonio Valencia to partly fund the deal, eventually signing him for £47million, bit pricey, but certainly a bargain compared to the £80million we sold him for.

Back