An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
Hi i could really do with some help i cannot for the life of me get a consistent string of results going.Over the past few games i have always done reasonably well with united intil now.I finished 10th in league out of both domestic cups quicker than i entered them my only saving grace was getting to the champions league final.I have tried both raikans tactics they never worked for some reason also van persie is always injured and then rooney got injured for the last 4 months.This game is really start to annoy me and i really dont want to fall out of love with it so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also i am sorry if i sound like i am moaning and if this is the wrong place to post i just assume you guys like man utd and would like to help me out

Hi i could really do with some help i cannot for the life of me get a consistent string of results going.Over the past few games i have always done reasonably well with united intil now.I finished 10th in league out of both domestic cups quicker than i entered them my only saving grace was getting to the champions league final.I have tried both raikans tactics they never worked for some reason also van persie is always injured and then rooney got injured for the last 4 months.This game is really start to annoy me and i really dont want to fall out of love with it so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also i am sorry if i sound like i am moaning and if this is the wrong place to post i just assume you guys like man utd and would like to help me out

hey bud,

sorry to hear that..

are you playing the same way you played Fm12? meaning are you just plugging the tactic in and pressing spacebar until match day?

what season are you in? I would really bring those two in mate :)

a lot of members have and they score at least 1 goal a game on average ;)

I'm still not quite finished my first which is why I'm unsure em weather or not it's worth getting another year out of him. Any idea what he might sell for after one season?

I'm very tempted

I'm still not quite finished my first which is why I'm unsure em weather or not it's worth getting another year out of him. Any idea what he might sell for after one season?

I'm very tempted

not sure mate, just offer him out at 200% (double his current value) and see what you get....

Not plug and play really I try swapping things around different touch line shouts going counter or defensive etc when away from home I just can't seem to get going the only thing I have never done is hire staff and I aren't to keyed up on training but with the squad united have I still thought that they were little things that shouldn't really effect the way they play until the future when I need new staff

I think it's important to be seen in prematch press conferences. It can affect your players and I think in turn give you more control over them in team talks as well. That said I still struggle to please them.

Surprisingly Artur Boruc has been an incredible signing for me. Lindergaard sold for £4mil and brought Boruc in for £1mil.

De Gea has struggled to average 6.8 all season. He got injured for 2 weeks, in came Boruc and he has been closer to averaging 8.0. He has since kept De Gea out of the starting line up for past 7 or 8 games.

Into my 3rd season now, currently joint top with City and into the Capital One Cup semi final. Won the league in my 2nd season by 6 points, went on a 15 game unbeaten run in the league which won me it in the end. Was 12 points behind Arsenal at one stage so some going to catch them up. PSG beat me in the Semi Final of the Champions League, RVP missed a penalty which proved crucial.

My squad is:

De Gea/Carrizzo
Jones/Rafael
Rodriquez/Willems
Vidic/Zouma
Bastuber/Howedes
Bender/Jadson
Bender/Carrick
Valencia/RVP
Bale/Kagawa
Gotze/Otavio
Falcao/Llorente

My formation is 4-2-3-1 with my strongest team as : De Gea, Jones, Rodriguez, Badstuver, Vidic, Bender, Bender, Valencia, Bale, Gotze, Falcao.

Also have the likes of Ward Prowse, Ademilson, Henriquez, Powell, Adryan and a few more loaned out.

The board gave me 90 million to spend in my 3rd season in which i got Gotze, Badstuber, Howedes and Jadson. Also got OT upto 92,000 capacity.

Would post up some screenshots but im in work.

I dont see Rooney there mate.. what did you do with him?

Nice going so far :)

I dont see Rooney there mate.. what did you do with him?

Nice going so far :)

I bought Gotze at the start of the 3rd season and sold Rooney to Juventus mate. He was doing ok but he's no Gotze in the game for me. Abit gutted that all i got was 30 million but Gotze and Otavio will do the job for me for years to come.

A few games after my 10-0 win over PSG I have just hammered Chelsea 9-2 in the FA Cup Semi at Wembley.

Different tactic as well.

It may have been mentioned but you can easily straight swap Bale for Nani and Anderson for Fellaini, at least I was able to do this a few times starting with Man Utd. Also Alaba is a must as a replacement at LB for Evra, can be bought for around 15 million all said and done. I pretty much overhauled my whole midfield however so made further transfers such as Toni Kroos and Mario Gotze following the sales of a few players.

Just finished the 2015/16 season, winning the treble (Premier League by 3 points, the FA Cup and the Champions League after beating Barca 5-0 in the final).

Few years ago, United had Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo, well say hello to my very own Holy Trinity. Fernando Llorente scored 36 in 41 games with 17 assists, Javier Hernandez scored 30 goals in 36 games with 8 assists and Wayne Rooney scored 26 in 44 games, including hat-tricks in the FA Cup and Champs League Final. Add to this my next trinity Nani, Ronaldo and Bale, (Nani scored 12 with 25 assists, Ronaldo scored 9 with 15 assists and Bale scored 11 with a huge 33 assists), and a very good defence, managed to pick up a brilliant regen Argentinian left back who has immediately come in to take over from Patrice Evra.

Going to be tough to beat this season but I have already signed Oxlade-Chamberlain for next season as Nani and Ronaldo are getting on a bit!

Won the EPL again on the last day, was 2 points ahead on the last day after City lost 2:1 to QPR and would have gone 2 ahead of me :) the last day I won 1:0 against 5th place Southampton with Gareth Bale scoring the winner in the 92nd minute after being subbed in on the 81st minute as he was 75% condition going in!

Was one of the greatest moments of my Fm life :) set to OVERLOAD and take more risks, get ball forward you name it I went all out as City were leading Wolves 6:2! payback for last season (IRL) super chuffed!

Won the FA Cup as well, beat Villa 1:0 but again lost in the Semi's of the ECL, this time against Real Madrid, 1:0 over the two legs with the 0:0 coming at Old Trafford.. pretty upset with that to be honest, 2nd time in a row now.. City went on to win 2:1, bastards!

So this year I am going all out for the ECL title.. oh and won the Capitol One cup as well in Feb.. and of course, needing to secure the EPL again..

This is what I have done in the transfer market so far this season..
anyone want a SS of my squad or anything let me know!

Just got offered this...

just got offered a job....

screw you Barca :P

As per my previous post, I have got the Brazil job as well as managing the great united, have not played a game for brazil in over 6 months and cannot arrange friendlies – seems pointless.

How do you find Bale on your save regarding team talks? I have him and Sandro in my Milan team and they're both little ***** when it comes to reacting to team talks!

I say Well done or whatever and the team loves it. All bar Bale and Sandro who either dont look bothered or get annoyed. It's ridiculous

How do you find Bale on your save regarding team talks? I have him and Sandro in my Milan team and they're both little ***** when it comes to reacting to team talks!

I say Well done or whatever and the team loves it. All bar Bale and Sandro who either dont look bothered or get annoyed. It's ridiculous

never had a problem with him, except once actually, he reacted badly the same way you just mentioned after I praised him for getting 1 goal and 2 assists calmly saying "you were brilliant or something"

other than that, I have no problems with team talks in the slightest.. :)

must be a Spurs thing

New tactic

anyone keen to try it out? need a few testers before release? PM me and let me know! D@ve has been using it as well, I have made changes to it since then, so D@ve, if you would like the new updated one, let me know!

anyone keen to try it out? need a few testers before release? PM me and let me know! D@ve has been using it as well, I have made changes to it since then, so D@ve, if you would like the new updated one, let me know!

I'll give it a go if you like mate?

Back