An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
I do need help with something though, I have been scouting the world and my scouts never find anyone, comes up with "i have been scouting Holland (for example) for 3 years no players to report on.

I have played around with the star rating etc but still no players found, then when I have a look there are loads of good youngsters.

Any ideas?

I do need help with something though, I have been scouting the world and my scouts never find anyone, comes up with "i have been scouting Holland (for example) for 3 years no players to report on.

I have played around with the star rating etc but still no players found, then when I have a look there are loads of good youngsters.

Any ideas?

I see that often as well... I never use scouts though.. set them to more obscure nations, this also increases your scouting knowledge :)

Brilliant read, the OP and the thread itself really.
Even though I'm a Liverpool supporter, I recognise that United are a great team to play with considering the level of talent they have.

Also, if anyone is curious about Bale, I have been able to get Bale for £20 million + 50% of the next sale (why would you sell him anyway?)

aaand, would anyone have any idea of a couple of decent central midfielders? Mainly players with good defensive attributes but also with decent creativity (like a cheaper version of Cabaye, maybe)?

Brilliant read, the OP and the thread itself really.
Even though I'm a Liverpool supporter, I recognise that United are a great team to play with considering the level of talent they have.

Also, if anyone is curious about Bale, I have been able to get Bale for £20 million + 50% of the next sale (why would you sell him anyway?)

aaand, would anyone have any idea of a couple of decent central midfielders? Mainly players with good defensive attributes but also with decent creativity (like a cheaper version of Cabaye, maybe)?

Garmash, Cirigliano are my two favorites.

Arouca/Paulinho/Felipe Soutto/Romulo/Jadson

Poli/Jennsen/Clasie/Naingollan/Adrien

thanks bud, glad you enjoyed it :) its just a place for United fans to come on and post their results and saves etc, get advice etc.

have a good day

Thanks also, Raikan. :) So many to choose from, I'm going to be spending hours in the pre-season looking at players at this rate.
What I was trying to get at is that I'm a liverpool supporter but I enjoy playing as Manchester United in games in the past. This year especially, the quality of players available is unreal. So I'll certainly be sticking with them this year.

Garmash, Cirigliano are my two favorites.

They're both perfect for what I want, thanks!
I also have come across Oskar Hiljemark who is available for £1.1million and considering United's awful debt, I could do with as many bargains as possible.

Last edited:
yeah I saw a thread on him a while ago on some other forum, he develops extremely well :)

Any advice you could give regarding the assistant saying "their is far too much space between defence and midfield".

I assume one way to correct this would be playing a higher defensive line at the moment I am playing one notch off Deep as I don't feel comfortable playing too high with Vidic and Ferdinand.

I am currently using 4-2-3-1 formation which is just my own and I was wondering whether to push up the defensive line to solve this space between defence and midfield issue? I suppose I could afford to do it against teams with slow-ish strikers?

Any advice you could give regarding the assistant saying "their is far too much space between defence and midfield".

I assume one way to correct this would be playing a higher defensive line at the moment I am playing one notch off Deep as I don't feel comfortable playing too high with Vidic and Ferdinand.

I am currently using 4-2-3-1 formation which is just my own and I was wondering whether to push up the defensive line to solve this space between defence and midfield issue? I suppose I could afford to do it against teams with slow-ish strikers?

ignore that mate.. I even get that when I play a DM :) you can increase the line, but I suggest never going much higher than like 1 notch above HIGH.. its too dangerous
yes, be careful :)

ignore that mate.. I even get that when I play a DM :) you can increase the line, but I suggest never going much higher than like 1 notch above HIGH.. its too dangerous
yes, be careful :)

Thanks mate, do you think Jadson would be better trained as a Defensive Midfielder or something else? (I assume you have tried him out, the guy from Botafogo, bad spelling).

Thanks mate, do you think Jadson would be better trained as a Defensive Midfielder or something else? (I assume you have tried him out, the guy from Botafogo, bad spelling).

I play him in rotation with Rooney as my DLP, he has scored a few goals already this season :) he is a machine!

I have been trying to mold him into a better defensive Carrick :) his passing is very high as well which is what I am focusing on at the moment then range from DLP role training and box to box :)

Start of the second season for me. Won the quadruple with united ;) Was so lucky against Barca in the Champions League semi's, won 3-1 at home and lost 2-1 away where they absolutely battered us for the whole game and Ferdinand scores off a corner! PSG managed to beat Real Madrid on away goals in the other semi finals.

Bender was unhappy and wanted a move to a bigger club in january so he's come in now. A whole list of stars were up for grabs, Llorente, Gotze, Neymar, Ramirez and Kaka were all unhappy. Gotze, Ramirez and Neymar were after moves to a bigger club. Signed Neymar and Ramirez. Sold off Nani and Young to help fund for the arrival of Neymar. Fans weren't happy. haha

Halfway through my 1st season

Hey Guys!

I'm half way through my first season with United. Really enjoying the game so far. I have made a tactic similar to the AMC Raikan one and the M&M one and I am using those two, lately been using the 4-2-2-2 with deep DM's cause this is what works for me at the moment as Kagawa the only real AM doesn't play good. Probably should try to tweak his position. Anyways, I'm gonna post a SS of my current squad, PL table. Just finished the winter transfer market (did not let the game allow me to sign in the summer because I thought I would love to play a bit more realistic..anyways. I sold Ashley Young to Juventus for 20mil, Anderson for around 8mil and Rafael to Real Madrid for another 20mil (this is a mistake by me I know but I needed cash asap) and signed Falcao for 33.5mil as he was transfer listed. Young wasn't playing good at all on the left side, Anderson did not play at all for me, Rafael was awesome but I hope you can help me out with replacement. Smalling is doing awesome on the right side for me that's why I thought it's ok to let Rafael go. Hopefully Falcao turns out to be what everyone says :-)

What I really would like to have are suggestions who to sign next year to make my squad better and deeper if you know what I mean. I know I want Bale for the left side. Was trying to sign him up but did decline it due to Falcao being transfer listed. Fellaini joined Tottenham. I want to sign the obvious wonder kids such as Wellington Nem, Ademilson, etc...

As for the competitions: City is leading by like 2 goals difference, and Arsenal is somewhat close to us too but really want to win the PL. Defeated City away from home 2-1. Was an awesome match for us, lost to Arsenal away early in the season 2-0, but won 4-1 home last match. Büttner was sent off after like 30 minutes and we scored 3 goals with only 10man and conceded only 1. Best match for me so far, was so happy that my thoughts on tactical approach after getting down to 10 man made us win the match.
Lost to Chelsea in the first Carling Cup match away from home, not much of a problem for me, progressing through FA Cup easily so far and CL group stage was easy too, been handed to a grp like Zenit, Dortmund, Montpellier. Finished first with 5 win 1 loss (1-0 away Zenit) Dortmund finished last :O that was a surprise for me but they played so bad I could not believe my eyes. Playing Malaga in the first knockout round, hope for the best (if you know any weaknessess or tactical approach feel free to share with me :))

I'd love to get some recommendations by you guys as I feel like I will need replacement for Ferdinand (who I signed for another year tho not sure if it was a good move by me) and Vidic too, gonna need some defensive midfielders one for DLP and one for DM too, just some good alternatives to Fletcher and Carrick. Valencia and Nani are doing fine, playing Valencia on the right and Nani on the left at the moment but I need Bale and another alternative to right winger. Not sure about RVP tho. Can't really seem to get the best out of him, he scored like a total of 5 goals, not really playing him because Rooney is currently the most goal scorer in the PL, he is absolutely fantastic for me in the DLF support position alongside with Chicharito as Poacher.

So yea, pictures are attached :-)

Thank you guys for your help in advance and good luck in your saves!

Thank you guys for your help in advance and good luck in your saves!

hey bud,

for one you need to talk to your unhappy players and apologize for ******* them off quickly ;) you do not want poor morale in the dressing room

I would really look at Jadson/Garmash/Naingollan/Romulo/Jucilei/Vidal (if not at City) Marchisio/Kwadwo Asamoah for the CM/DM

I would sell RVP to fund Bale transfer or Ramirez/James Rodriguez/Neymar for the AML position

Look at Srna (he is older but still quality) as RB, Corchia/Isla/Danilo

hey bud,

for one you need to talk to your unhappy players and apologize for ******* them off quickly ;) you do not want poor morale in the dressing room

I would sell RVP to fund Bale transfer or Ramirez/James Rodriguez/Neymar for the AML position

Thanks for the reply Master!

Yea wanted to ask this too, I am having some problems with team talks, I have Valdir de Moraes doing them sometimes but players do get angry or switched off or unhappy when he says he has nothing to say, etc... I just cant figure out what works and what not, for example after a match that we won I usually pray 7.0+ players but sometimes they switch off or get confused which in my opinion does not make sense at all.

Also I tried to sell RVP in the winter but only Chelsea was interested in him but they couldn't afford his wages. Hope some other teams are gonna get him because I do not need him.

Anyways, thanks for your recommendations.

Ohh one other thing, barcelona game comming up in the CL semi finals. I'm seriously scared of them :-D
Malaga was an easy task for us in the 1st knockout round then got FC Bayern Munich. We traveled to Germany to lose 2-4 but had a controversal penalty given to them and a buggy own goal. At home we won 3-1! I couldn't be happier. Also, PL seems to have been won already. I'm 7 points clear with 4 match remaining. Wish me luck against Barca!!

Back