An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
Just finished the 2017/18 Season. Won the league once more, as well as the league cup, but gutted to have been knocked out in the Champions League semi finals by my bogey team, Bayern Munich.

Fair to say I dominated the league, and this was mainly down to one player. See below....

View attachment 287806View attachment 287808

Looks sick. I have a regen who came through the youth in my first season. Still in my second one hopefully he can match those stats ;)

Raikan007's Manchester United squad 2014/2015

View attachment 286025

I have a few regens that have been loaned out along with,

View attachment 286026View attachment 286027View attachment 286028

Ademilson, Adryan (not developed that well) Victor Andrade, Angelo Hernriquez, Powell

oh and I also have:

View attachment 286037

who was not included in the SS as he did not fit :)

Thoughts on the squad, strengths, weaknesses?

hey raikan, just wondering how victor andrade is progressing on yours as i buy him on all my saves only i'm having alot of trouble with tactics on this fm so i don't get very far lol thanks in advance

Yeah Pal, I Got M'Villa, Fellaini & De Rossi CM so someone that is young that I can loan out for a season and get first team football

Last edited:
hey raikan, just wondering how victor andrade is progressing on yours as i buy him on all my saves only i'm having alot of trouble with tactics on this fm so i don't get very far lol thanks in advance

hey mate, he is on loan at Wolfsburg and not progressing too well.. will see at the end of the season, might give him some game time at the club and get him tutored

played a few more games this morning :)

Only using the AMC tactic? Have you done any tweaks to the original controll version? If i where to try and do any tweaks, wich would you suggest?

-im thinking about the AMC position, i have Kagawa and Isco for these position and their stats is great for the AP support role, why arent they working? get really low ratings.. anything i can do with their passing/movement to get more through balls to the wingers/striker?

-if i play Llorente as TM upfront, will he be mobile enough in this role to move into space to be passed to by the AMC? should i try to make the wingers more attacking mentality?

-do you allways have the wingers to mark oposition wingers? even in a "flat" midfield formation? ( not AML but ML position? )

-could it be an idea to have the wingers play their crosses to different targets? Say i have Bale to cross to back post like in the tactic, and have Valencia crossing to center or even to the TM?

-ive noticed in tight games many of my shots come from the CM`s, should i have longshots set to rare to avoid this and maybe force them to play short to the AMC?

-do you set it to defensive for hard away games instead of controll?

-what do you do if you chase a goal last 10 minutes? change too attack + more shouts?

-have you found a way to stop the damm throughballs from oposition or is the ME stil killing us? :)

-wich OI do you use? ive been using the same as D@ve so far, works well with M&M tactic but im unsure with the AMC tactic, any suggestions?

me allways with so many questions :) im having success with the M&M tactic mate, also the TM/winger tactic, i use it for away games, i tryed to set it to counter but didnt happen much, changed it back too attacking and scored 3 ;)

Only using the AMC tactic? Have you done any tweaks to the original controll version? If i where to try and do any tweaks, wich would you suggest?

-im thinking about the AMC position, i have Kagawa and Isco for these position and their stats is great for the AP support role, why arent they working? get really low ratings.. anything i can do with their passing/movement to get more through balls to the wingers/striker?

-if i play Llorente as TM upfront, will he be mobile enough in this role to move into space to be passed to by the AMC? should i try to make the wingers more attacking mentality?

-do you allways have the wingers to mark oposition wingers? even in a "flat" midfield formation? ( not AML but ML position? )

-could it be an idea to have the wingers play their crosses to different targets? Say i have Bale to cross to back post like in the tactic, and have Valencia crossing to center or even to the TM?

-ive noticed in tight games many of my shots come from the CM`s, should i have longshots set to rare to avoid this and maybe force them to play short to the AMC?

-do you set it to defensive for hard away games instead of controll?

-what do you do if you chase a goal last 10 minutes? change too attack + more shouts?

-have you found a way to stop the damm throughballs from oposition or is the ME stil killing us? :)

-wich OI do you use? ive been using the same as D@ve so far, works well with M&M tactic but im unsure with the AMC tactic, any suggestions?

me allways with so many questions :) im having success with the M&M tactic mate, also the TM/winger tactic, i use it for away games, i tryed to set it to counter but didnt happen much, changed it back too attacking and scored 3 ;)

hey mate, I will try and answer these on Monday.. I am finalizing many things for meetings tomorrow etc and off the weekend.. sorry

Hello everyone, i was just wondering how Adnan Januzaj has developed for you?

This is a screenshot of him at the end of my second season
View attachment 288312

Where do you normally play him? I tend to him stick him on the wing as i don't usually play with an attacking midfielder behind the strikers. I'll post a screenshot of Matt Daehli who's developed nicely for me.

nice to see there are some normal people who do lose a game or two every once in a while lol..

Well, i started playing and at the end of the first season i placed second one point behind Man City on the prem league, but i did win the Champions league against arsenal.

Second season im currently at the 23rd game and with four points ahead of man city and 1 game behind. I have won every competition so far, the Community Shield, the Euro Supercup, and the World Club Champ. and currently still in every competition, capital one and fa cup, also champions 16's round.

I will be posting pics a bit later, if anyone is interested or have any questions about anything let me know, im always on for hours and hours ;). awesome team to play with no gents? he thanks and have fun all!

lost first game against bayern2-0, then came home and beat them 3-1 but lost on agg for the CL =(,, team is really hurt missing at least 6 players, the english schedule is wayyyy too crowded... no rest time lol. anyways focusing on the Premier league now ;)

Well that was an eventful January transfer window in my fourth season,

I had a clear out as I started getting to many fringe players and wanted to trim my squad down, I sold Verrati as he was useless for me, and his stats didn’t compare to screen shots from other people, so don’t know what I was doing wrong with him. I sold Erikesen as well as I just didn’t like him. I have made a mistake in this save and that was selling Valencia, he is pure class.

I have had a decent season so far, and my best to date in terms of conceding goals on 6 conceded so that’s quality have been yours goals galore and the might and magic tactics with a few tweaks.

My best addition to my team has to be Zaha, as my previous post stated i got him from Celtic and he has been great, I have also added Theo Walcott to my squad for a mere 5 million.

My starting line up is

De gea

Walker Jones Zoma Alaba

Gotze Sahin bender Bale

Neymar,Falcao

Subs Ruddy,Smalling,Rodriguez,Kagawa, Leandro Damião,Rafeal,M’vila

Since I have been taken over its been far too easy to buy who I want, I think I liked it before when I had to think about wages and other things, so that is why I have had a clear out of fringe players as I am going to focus on youth development, I will be posting screen shots of the holiday season, to keep you guys updated on how my youngsters will progress.

I will finish this season as normal and give them a few games, nest season, the FA cup and capital one cup will be my platform for my youngsters also the games against lesser sides in the prem.

One question, how do you do screen shows, as on my laptop when I press print screen it prints the home windows screen not my Fm Screen?

Halfway through my 5th season now, currently top by 3 points after just beating City 3-1. In the semi final of the Capital One Cup against Arsenal and have been drawn against Roma in th Champions League last 16.

Still havnt mastered the art of screenshotting from the Mac but my team is:

GK:

De Gea
Akinfeev

Defenders:

Jones
Howedes
Alaba
Willems
Badstuber
Zouma
Papadoupalous

Midfield:

Lars Bender
Sven Bender
Unger
Jadson
Ox
Liberti
Draxler
Junior
Gotze
Guldan
Bale

Strikers:
Falcao
Zerillo
Lewandowski
Ademilson

Have quite a few regens out on loans aswell, and also have kids such as Ward Prowse out on loan.

I actually managed to pull it off! After having a bad streak losing and drawing consecutive matches, I happened to win the league 4 games before the end of it and won the CL as well against barcelona 4-1. It was a surprise but I was so happy!
I only got 65M to spend this summer tho, probably gonna sign M'Vila and Ademilson and some regens. Here is the screenshot of the fixtures:
View attachment 288733

Back