An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
I brought in Neymar like many others along with Llorente. He was average at first then got injured and when he came back he fired in the goals, about 10 in 5 games but then my computer shut the program down and I lost over a month of in game time. Now I have replayed it and my form slumped in comparison and he has scored 1 in those 5 games. Bummer. Still on course for 2bd title in a row though. Just opened an 8 point gap with about 24 games gone.

took awhile before neymar came to form for me. I think it just takes time for me to settle in with the team. Don't worry about it. He'll come good :)

I finally started my United save after playing a good while on my Newcastle save and Southampton in an online game with a friend, and so far it's been going really good.

Currently lying 1st in PL with 13-1-0 and with 37-3 in goals for/against. Been really solid backwards and been using mostly a 4-2-3-1 (one with two MCs and one more defensive/counter with two DMs) and a 4-5-1 with wingbacks. My CL group wasn't much hassle either, going up against Valencia, Celtic and Basel. Already through after beating Valencia for a second time.

When it comes to my transfers I ended up selling Nani and Welbeck for about £55M combined and also sold off a few other reserves. Brought in Götze, Rodrigo, Sandro and Ricardo Rodriguez. Have also been playing Cleverley, Powell, Henriquez, Januzaj and even Brady so that they can get a decent amount of match experience and tutoring. Decided to keep Anderson to see how he does and he has been pretty solid for me but think I'll end up selling him anyway in this January window to make some room for Powell and Cleverley.

My usual line up has been the following (in a 4-2-3-1);

LB: Evra/Rodriguez - CB: Ferdinand/Jones - CB: Vidic/Evans - RB: Rafael

Usually have Vidic playing all the games unless it's CoC or some totally unimportant match. Also let Smalling and Evans play regulary as well although Jones is first in that line as I usually rotate him with Ferdinand.

BWM: Sandro/Fletcher - DLP: Carrick/Cleverley/Powell

Two setups I've found pretty effective. They usually don't have a huge visual effect on the game but they spread passes, intercept and do all the work necessary so that the rest of the team can function. Anderson plays whenever I require a quick workhorse in the midfield.

AML: Kagawa/Rodrigo - AMC: Rooney/Powell - AMR: Valencia/Götze

Kagawa, Rooney and Valencia are usually my first choice, with Rooney as AM support. He did have a very good start in the beginning of the season, bagging 4 goals in 2 matches from that position but has faded a bit. Have to work a bit on the tactic and especially that spot to get the best out of him. Kagawa and Valencia has been great though, both scoring and getting plenty of assist. Rodrigo is my first choice striker when RvP is out and when he's on the bench he's usually the back up for Kagawa on the left wing. Powell gets to play both AMC and MC while Götze plays in all three positions and is turning more and more into a regular now that he has blended a bit more into the team.

ST: RvP/Rodrigo/Chicha/Henriquez

RvP pretty much always starts unless he is tired or if it's a game where I require a quicker striker like Rodrigo or Chicha. As mentioned Rodrigo is second choice whenever RvP can't play and Chicha remains super-sub. Chicha has actually always scored 1 goal or more whenever he has been subbed on, no matter if it's 30 min left or 5 min left of the game. Henriquez usually starts in the easier games and the non-important CL group matches when I'm already through, and he has been playing really well in those matches as well.

As January is coming up in my game I'm thinking a bit about making some more transfers.
Barcelona is interested in getting Evra but don't think I want to sell him as early as January but he's definitely going to another club by the end of the season. Not sure who to bring in though - whether or not I'll bring in an experienced fullback at the beginning of his prime (24-26+) or bring in someone young and talented like Alaba or Alex Sandro. Could also manage fine with just Rodriguez, Rafael and Fabio as well - considering both Smalling and Jones can play rightback if necessary. Fabio hasn't had the best start in QPR though; he broke his foot just two days into August and has been out for 4 months...

Young is also probably heading out the door in January as well. I've played him a bit but don't see any reason for keeping him around, especially when I'm trying to incorporate a lot of my U18 AM players as well.

I think I'll let Ferdinand, Scholes and Giggs go at the end of the season and probably get Scholes and maybe Giggs as coaches.

Have been waiting till the very end of the 2018/19 season before posting an update and what an update it is!

Managed to win the Quadruple this season, the Premier League, The League Cup, The FA Cup and the Champions League. I posted a screenshot of my super regen striker last season, he's managed to score even more this season. I have attached a few SS to show the performances. Have also included a Finnish guy that I have already agreed a deal with to join me on July 1st.

View attachment 289344View attachment 289345View attachment 289342View attachment 289343View attachment 289346

Looks class fella..Weldone what tactic/tactics are you using??

Great results, I find myself doing well against them too, out of 8 matches we won 7 and the last three or four was with big difference, like 5-0, 6-0...

Cheers mate. only in my second season :P drew the last game at the Ethihad so was happy to smash them at home and wrap up the title. Hoping i'll be able to beat Arsenal's invincible's record but not too sure. Still have to play Arsenal and Chelsea and got Barcelona for two legs before Arsenal and the return between the two.

Now into my 6th season, 9 games in and currently unbeaten and top of my champions league group also. Ended up winning the league in my 5th season for the 4th time in 6 seasons which isnt bad going. Also won the Carling Cup but City beat me in the FA Cup final 1-0 ffs. Still cant get past the semi's in the CL, really bugging me. Garet Bale won the fans player of the year and Premier League player of the year for the 4th time in a row.

Have some really good Regans, especially the one playing up front for me, also the centre half i got from Barca and the attacking midfielder from Reading. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to do screenshots or id post them up. So easy on a normal computer but a Mac is a pain in the hole to put it politely.

As for Holger Badstuber, definitely the best centre half in the game!!!

Now into my 6th season, 9 games in and currently unbeaten and top of my champions league group also. Ended up winning the league in my 5th season for the 4th time in 6 seasons which isnt bad going. Also won the Carling Cup but City beat me in the FA Cup final 1-0 ffs. Still cant get past the semi's in the CL, really bugging me. Garet Bale won the fans player of the year and Premier League player of the year for the 4th time in a row.

Have some really good Regans, especially the one playing up front for me, also the centre half i got from Barca and the attacking midfielder from Reading. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to do screenshots or id post them up. So easy on a normal computer but a Mac is a pain in the hole to put it politely.

As for Holger Badstuber, definitely the best centre half in the game!!!

F12 is generally the screenshot button for steam.

TM & Old fashioned Winger tactic by Raikan007 - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

use this tactic as one of your backups if not first choice!

buy Zouma/Hummels, some worldclass centreback for the forseeable future, buy Marcos Rojo for left back who can also cover for CB :)

you really need to strengthen your midfield and your LB!

check at Alex Sandro, maybe Gareth Bale? who can also cover as your AML

Tim Krul/Bernd Leno/Ter Stegen/Lloris/Koval/Courtois etc need to be looked at mate :) Amos is **** :P

Vidal/Wilshere/Garmash/Poli/Selnaes/ (brain is dead lol) Casemiro/Kara/Ganso

Seriously, this tactic really good for first choice. Works well in my save
View attachment 290459

Last edited:
Yeo, first post and all that...

...just started FM13 with Man Utd and offloaded Young for 20m to Arsenal.

So I went to get Fellani (8.5m + Anderson) but he accepted City's offer over mine, and I was pretty gutted but it turns out it was actually a blessing in disguise.

Bought Bale for 24m and once I bought him Sandro stated he was unhappy with the sale so I praised him publicly and then offered the 11m asking price and a bit of haggling later he was mine for 15m. Happy days.

So I've got 13m left (sold Ando 5m to Everton) to improve the squad a bit more and maybe offload a couple of people. Real Madrid are showing interest in Rafael but I don't know if I should let him go.

Yeo, first post and all that...

...just started FM13 with Man Utd and offloaded Young for 20m to Arsenal.

So I went to get Fellani (8.5m + Anderson) but he accepted City's offer over mine, and I was pretty gutted but it turns out it was actually a blessing in disguise.

Bought Bale for 24m and once I bought him Sandro stated he was unhappy with the sale so I praised him publicly and then offered the 11m asking price and a bit of haggling later he was mine for 15m. Happy days.

So I've got 13m left (sold Ando 5m to Everton) to improve the squad a bit more and maybe offload a couple of people. Real Madrid are showing interest in Rafael but I don't know if I should let him go.

i would buy a left back to replace the aging evra, you can sign wallace for 4.4m who can provide cover for rafael and left back role if you retrain him. I would definetly keep rafael not a lot of world class right backs out there.

Sell Rafael and play Jones at right back, he turns into a beast. The Rafael fund on top of the money you have should let you buy David Alaba for left back. Sorted!

bale isn't play good.
i play with M'M tactic of raikan, he is Winger-Att

any help?

Sell Rafael and play Jones at right back, he turns into a beast. The Rafael fund on top of the money you have should let you buy David Alaba for left back. Sorted!

In torn between selling Raf and playing Jones there or keeping him and playing Jones at CB. How much should Rafael go for if I get rid?

How much would Hummels / Subotic / Badstuber cost me? Roughly.

It's probably already been mentioned somewhere in here, but it's a lot to read, what is the black skin with the coloured attributes called?

I'm about to play arsenal and Chelsea but tend to lose possession a lot.. What instructions would you use to play them and especially Man Coty now cause they signed Neymar!!! Please help!

last game of the year for me, I am off on holiday

just won the EPL third time in a row, the best season I have had on any FM/CM :)

have a good festive season everyone, take care

In torn between selling Raf and playing Jones there or keeping him and playing Jones at CB. How much should Rafael go for if I get rid?

How much would Hummels / Subotic / Badstuber cost me? Roughly.

It's probably already been mentioned somewhere in here, but it's a lot to read, what is the black skin with the coloured attributes called?

I sold Rafael for 15 million. Play Jones there, more than does a job. His average rating for me is usually around the 7.30 mark. Badstuber cost me 27 million but id have paid 60 no problem, best centre half in the game in my opinion. Him and Kurt Zouma are an incredible partnership.

just won the EPL third time in a row, the best season I have had on any FM/CM :)

have a good festive season everyone, take care

Raikan, what tactic do you use, you never conceded goals? Have a great hols mate.

I got Hummels for 24.5 Mil second season in and so far he has been more than worth it!!

5th season

Gonna start my 5th season. So far these are my achievements: 4 x PL, 1 x FA, 1 x CC, 1 x CL, 4 x CS. This year my goal is to win the CL again, don't really care about Carling Cup or FA, if anything FA > CC for me. I don't think I'll ever have problems winning the league. Into my fifth season, I find other clubs fail to maintain or strengthen their squad to the level I am right now.
Tried to sign Ademilson but SP wanted 110 M for him, I was like WOW. Can't wait for the winter transfer window because the club won't have any loan depths anymore by then. I got to a level now I think that I only want Ademilson from the real players in game, gonna sign only regens from now on I believe.

Gonna attach an SS of my squad, I have quality cover for every positions pretty much.
Also some SS of the regens I signed recently.
View attachment 290810View attachment 290811View attachment 290812View attachment 290813

View attachment 290809

edit: Guardiola has just signed for Tottenham, hopefully he provides some challange for us :P

Last edited:
Back