An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
Where do you normally play him? I tend to him stick him on the wing as i don't usually play with an attacking midfielder behind the strikers. I'll post a screenshot of Matt Daehli who's developed nicely for me.

I normally play him behind the striker(s) as an attacking midfielder, the first two seasons i mainly rotated him but i think for my 3rd season i'm going to start with him. Mats Daehli i tried to develop as well but i havent had as good sucess.

In mac its option+F9.

For peeps out there who dunno what the screenshot key is, you can look under Preferences -> Shortcuts -> Interface - Save Screenshot.

Had to buy a new computer (tower) is there anyway of getting my saved game back?

I normally play him behind the striker(s) as an attacking midfielder, the first two seasons i mainly rotated him but i think for my 3rd season i'm going to start with him. Mats Daehli i tried to develop as well but i havent had as good sucess.

View attachment 289157View attachment 289158

For some reason Daehli out performed Kagawa and Cleverly in the advanced playmaker role in CM at the beginning of the season so he's been move to my senior squad. Nick powell is on loan to Everton who sold Fellani and Baines and now lie bottom of the premier league.

Mats Daehli

I was getting anoid at my u18s manager not playing him in the u18s even though he one of best players there so I decided to move him up into my first team and slowly draft him into the first team, I made his move up to first team in January of the very first season! and look at his determination from the moment I started playing him in first team in January. His determination rode from 10 to 16 in just 5 months! that's 6 in 5 months, and it has now gone from 10 to 17, the 2 month gap was when it was off season, then started to rise even more when season start again and he play.

In my first season he was young player of the month in April, then in May runner up young player of month, then start of 2nd season he was young player of the month in the premier league so the last 3 month consecutive he young player of month twice and runner up once.

Jack Barmby

I brought Jack Barmby up also, and as you can see his determination is also rising quickly when I started to play him in first team, it went up by 2 in the space of one month as you can see at the end of the graph, this is in line with me playing him.

Now in my second season, as you can see form the pic he has scored 5 goals already for me, mostly off the bench, and against good teams, he scored 3 games in a row from off the bench, he has a very good goals to minutes ratio! As you can see from the earlier pic he is only 4 star, but now in the later pick he is 4 and a half star, not only is he getting better, but I am getting his maximum potential better.

My board are happy with me giving the youth a chance, the bar is all the way at the top, and Mats Daehli is my first choice central midfielder now, playing nearly every game, and remember I am not even half way through my second season.

Haven't played for weeks now, so going to start a new game and try to do everything properly this time.
Any good tactics to reccomend for home/away?

Mats Daehli

I was getting anoid at my u18s manager not playing him in the u18s even though he one of best players there so I decided to move him up into my first team and slowly draft him into the first team, I made his move up to first team in January of the very first season! and look at his determination from the moment I started playing him in first team in January. His determination rode from 10 to 16 in just 5 months! that's 6 in 5 months, and it has now gone from 10 to 17, the 2 month gap was when it was off season, then started to rise even more when season start again and he play.

In my first season he was young player of the month in April, then in May runner up young player of month, then start of 2nd season he was young player of the month in the premier league so the last 3 month consecutive he young player of month twice and runner up once.

Jack Barmby

I brought Jack Barmby up also, and as you can see his determination is also rising quickly when I started to play him in first team, it went up by 2 in the space of one month as you can see at the end of the graph, this is in line with me playing him.

Now in my second season, as you can see form the pic he has scored 5 goals already for me, mostly off the bench, and against good teams, he scored 3 games in a row from off the bench, he has a very good goals to minutes ratio! As you can see from the earlier pic he is only 4 star, but now in the later pick he is 4 and a half star, not only is he getting better, but I am getting his maximum potential better.

My board are happy with me giving the youth a chance, the bar is all the way at the top, and Mats Daehli is my first choice central midfielder now, playing nearly every game, and remember I am not even half way through my second season.
Thats impressive mate how about pereira and adnan doing? and could you post screenies of there training you have them on aswell as barmby please mate?:)

Thats impressive mate how about pereira and adnan doing? and could you post screenies of there training you have them on aswell as barmby please mate?:)

I've continued to play Barmby and his determination has gone up another 2 in less than two months, 1st the screenshot again from September '13 showing determination on the rise and currently at 13, then screenshot just less than 2 months later in November '13 showing determination still quickly rising and now at 15 as I am continuing to give him as many first team minutes as possible. You can also see in his first screenshot his maximum potential is 4 star, but in second 2 month later his max potential has actually gone up to 4 and half stars!

Januzaj I have not properly got round to yet as I beleive it is better to bring one or two through at once, so my team can still do well, and I started out with bringing Daehli through, he is now a first choice first team player and developed a lot already, Barmby is currently being concentrated on bringing through now, and I am literally just starting to encorporate Januzaj, but as you cna see in the screenshot below I played Januzaj at the very end of my first season, his determination then begin to rise by 3 from 10 to 13 very quickly, his flair stayed at 18 and wasn't rising only until I played him as you can see on the graph wherre his determination rose, then it was only after that when his flair starting going up from 18 to 19, and the same with his technique, it stayed at 14 and didn't go up but then after I played him in first team that was the point when it started to go up from 14 now to 16. I will continue now to try and encorporate Januzaj into the first team and I will keep an eye on how he develops. Looking at the screenshot below you can see that Adnan has the highest rating of all of my attacking midfielders in the first team!

Pereira is the youngest and is still only 17 so I've not yet brought him upto the first team, he is still in u18's but once Januzaj is in the first team then Pereira is going to be next in line, however I am about to bring him into the first team so he can train with the first team as this help them to develop. In the screenshot below though you can see that his advanced playmaker stats have all risen by 2 in less than a year and a half despite being in the u18s, I expect when I bring him into the first team and play him then his determination wil rise rapidly from 9 to the teens and his other stats should go up quicker as well, which I will be doing soon.

Another screenshot below shows the good job Daehli is now doing for the first team, he has the highest pass completion percentage in the whole of the premier league, and he is only 18!

All of this shows that the best way to develop a youngster is by bringing him into the first team and playing him, this is the thing that makes their attributes rise the quickest. Bring them through one or two at a time, first start by bringing him off the bench when the game is won, but keeping best players on pitch with him, then start starting him in the easier games, as well as bringing off the bench in the others, then he should be ready the next season to be a first team regular. I've also come to the conclusion that determination quickly begins to rise when they play in the first team, and also some attributes that seem stagnant can then kick start and begin to rise after they have started to play in first team. Get them in the first team as early as possible to make them as good as they can get. Also their maximum potential ratings increase by half a star for me.

Last edited:
Have been waiting till the very end of the 2018/19 season before posting an update and what an update it is!

Managed to win the Quadruple this season, the Premier League, The League Cup, The FA Cup and the Champions League. I posted a screenshot of my super regen striker last season, he's managed to score even more this season. I have attached a few SS to show the performances. Have also included a Finnish guy that I have already agreed a deal with to join me on July 1st.

View attachment 289344View attachment 289345View attachment 289342View attachment 289343View attachment 289346

View attachment 289157View attachment 289158

For some reason Daehli out performed Kagawa and Cleverly in the advanced playmaker role in CM at the beginning of the season so he's been move to my senior squad. Nick powell is on loan to Everton who sold Fellani and Baines and now lie bottom of the premier league.

Daehli i seem to be loaning out and he doesnt seem to be progressing as good so i may bring him back and rotate him in the midfield. I have done the same with Powell on mine, loaned him to Everton, however Everton got relegated so he is playing in the championship this season

In my second season, just been handed the a testing Champions league draw.

Quarter final draw:
Barcelona vs Paris Saint-Germain
Tottenham vs Manchester City
Real Madrid vs Manchester United
Porto vs Juventus

Semi final draw:
Barcelona or Paris Saint-Germain vs Real Madrid or Manchester United
Tottenham or Manchester City vs Porto or Juventus

PSG were last year finalist who i beat at Wembley, so hardly pushovers.

On another note is anyone struggling to find decent regen wingers? I seem to be able to find tons of great strikers but hardly any wingers :(

On another note is anyone struggling to find decent regen wingers? I seem to be able to find tons of great strikers but hardly any wingers :(
You can always try to retrain a striker with good IF attributes to IF.

Only using the AMC tactic? Have you done any tweaks to the original controll version? If i where to try and do any tweaks, wich would you suggest?

-im thinking about the AMC position, i have Kagawa and Isco for these position and their stats is great for the AP support role, why arent they working? get really low ratings.. anything i can do with their passing/movement to get more through balls to the wingers/striker?

-if i play Llorente as TM upfront, will he be mobile enough in this role to move into space to be passed to by the AMC? should i try to make the wingers more attacking mentality?

-do you allways have the wingers to mark oposition wingers? even in a "flat" midfield formation? ( not AML but ML position? )

-could it be an idea to have the wingers play their crosses to different targets? Say i have Bale to cross to back post like in the tactic, and have Valencia crossing to center or even to the TM?

-ive noticed in tight games many of my shots come from the CM`s, should i have longshots set to rare to avoid this and maybe force them to play short to the AMC?

-do you set it to defensive for hard away games instead of controll?

-what do you do if you chase a goal last 10 minutes? change too attack + more shouts?

-have you found a way to stop the damm throughballs from oposition or is the ME stil killing us? :)

-wich OI do you use? ive been using the same as D@ve so far, works well with M&M tactic but im unsure with the AMC tactic, any suggestions?

me allways with so many questions :) im having success with the M&M tactic mate, also the TM/winger tactic, i use it for away games, i tryed to set it to counter but didnt happen much, changed it back too attacking and scored 3 ;)

yes AMC and M&M and my Winger TM tactic :) of course little changes here and there mate :)

1) set as playmaker, decrease tempo, set passing through centre, slow it down a bit

2) he plays great as TM, play ball MIXED, works lovely for me ;) wingers are set attacking enough :)

3) no not at all :) I don't do it much at the moment, sometimes they switch wings and my players are pulled out of position.. if they are playing wide then I do

4) you can set to mixed mate ;)

5) yes mate, do that, retain possession as well, work ball into box shouts and the most important, play through defence! this will encourage them to work the ball around the box and look for the killer pass..

6) I use my winger tactic away from homes most of the time, but yeah, I do when I do!

7) overload, take more risks, get ball forward, run at defence or just change to my winger tactic and do the same as I have 2 upfront!

8) play a bit deeper

9) see what works for you mate :) over and above the recommended ones

nice mate :) glad to hear :)

Into my 4th season, just lost to Reading away from home 1-0 :( then 2-1 loss against Real Madrid in the euro super cup :(
anyways, will try to retain the CL and PL cup this year too. Using mostly the TM winger tactic, away from home I switch to counter tho.

This is the best regen I've had so far, what do you think of him?

View attachment 289640

I brought in Neymar like many others along with Llorente. He was average at first then got injured and when he came back he fired in the goals, about 10 in 5 games but then my computer shut the program down and I lost over a month of in game time. Now I have replayed it and my form slumped in comparison and he has scored 1 in those 5 games. Bummer. Still on course for 2bd title in a row though. Just opened an 8 point gap with about 24 games gone.

Back