An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
just won the EPL third time in a row, the best season I have had on any FM/CM :)

have a good festive season everyone, take care
Good season mate. Got any player screenshots of your best performers etc?

Cheers for the info re CB's.

I've noticed that Utd seem to lose about £9m a month!!

Does this become a problem in the long run or does it sort itself out?

I've allocated my remaining couple of million pounds to the wage budget, and am about £200k a week below the max.

Have also requested a new club affiliate to try and generate more revenue.

Cheers for the info re CB's.

I've noticed that Utd seem to lose about £9m a month!!

Does this become a problem in the long run or does it sort itself out?

I've allocated my remaining couple of million pounds to the wage budget, and am about £200k a week below the max.

Have also requested a new club affiliate to try and generate more revenue.
Think that honestly depends on how well you manage the club in terms of sales, trophies, wages and such. The £9M/month loan repayment lasts until 2017. You can also keen an eye on how you're doing in the "Projection" tab on the finances page.

If you really want to keep a solid grip on your finances I suggest buying cheap decent players who won't ask for high wages and use them and develop them (as long as you can win of course), and sell unnecessary players and staff. United for example has a huge amount of scouts and in my opinion you hardly need that many, especially if you do a lot of the dirty work yourself by scouting teams yourself and doing thorough checks during regen dates etc. so you can find players that look suitable and scout them "manually" instead of having plenty of scouts out on assignments and hardly finding anyone.

Personally I've started looking for a replacement for Carrick (and later Fletcher as well) although I'm still in the first season. I currently have Sandro, Fletcher, Carrick, Cleverley and Powell. I'm pretty much looking for someone like Vidal - with good defensive and offensive capabilties and mental stats, and preferably big and strong and with good endurance.
One player I haven't tried yet is Panagiotis Tachtsidis who fits pretty good although he ain't the best. But he has good technical stats overall (good long shots is a big plus) and decent mental stats as well, and high balance, jumping and strength. And he's pretty cheap, as he is transfer listed in my save.
Another idea I had was getting Inigo Martinez and retraining him CM. He's not very good and physical, but excellent mental stats and great long shot.
Nick Powell has also come along really good for me and looks like he could fit the role, although it would be a few seasons before I really see him being able to take the step up for a permanent spot on the first team.

If any would got some advice that would be great.

I could always just splash out cash for Vidal as well and solve the problem.

Edit: Might as well mention I've been thinking about Denys Garmash as well. Just wanted to point that out since I'm pretty sure Raikan would have :P

Last edited:
I am furious, I am now finished my fourth season and David Alaba agent is officially the biggest prxx ever, he wanted 12.5 million signing fee and 240k wages and has now left on a free.

LB needed?

That's some regens mate!! I've found that my man united scouts find lots of regens. Got about 6 in the youth team that are looking good plus they will count towards the players trained in England! How do you play against big teams like Chelsea and man city??

Got a load of super regens mate but Menini is definitely the pick of the bunch. Just beat PSG to reach the Semi Final of the CL and beat Stoke the game before to reach the FA Cup final.

Chelsea are poor in my game, aswell as Liverpool. Always United City and Arsenal fighting it out but i have a decent record against both, play City 3 times in this season, drew 2 and won 1, the win was in the FA Cup. I play 4-2-3-1, Bale is missing from that screenshot because he was injured.

So thought I would do a quick update as I just start the new season 2020/21.

As manager of Manchester United, I have played 480 matches, winning 351 of them, drawing 64 and losing 65. I have a win percentage of 73%. My teams have scored 1311 goals, conceding 534, definitely the simple case of we will score more than you!

Leagues/Cup wise, I have now the Premier League 5 times in a row, totals are 6 Premier Leagues, 3 FA Cup's, 3 Champions League's, 2 Club World Championship's (I havent lost one, I won the CL last year and havent got to December yet!), 3 Community Shields, 2 League Cup's and 1 European Super Cup.

After years of international teams not even being interested in me, I have recently just taken over France, so will be hoping to add some international honours to my CV!

DAK7 could you possibly put a screenshot up of your 4-2-3-1. My assistant even said that that was the formation they conceded most goals against..

Just finished my 5th season. Best season I have ever had in any FM, winning the PL, CL and FA cup. In the CL I've had the worst possible draw in my save, first Benfica which was the hardest out of all the ones I could get then Bayer which I hate to play against, then Barcelona... I'm just gonna attach some screenshots of fixtures and stuff, they speak for themselves. Fletcher had a 8 months long injury, he is leaving now along with Vidic who is retiring. As said earlier, I'm gonna try to sign Ademilson but not gonna pay 100M for him. Also, Juve now has some nice midfielders who would be extremely interested in joining us so I'll try to get them too. Julien Charles (regen) will be my next Wayne Rooney for sure.

I've got one question tho. Now that there is no more loan depths why do I only get 132M to spend? :D Or is it the case with everyone else? Could anybody please enlighten me. Do you get more or less in the start of the 6th season?

View attachment 291489View attachment 291490View attachment 291492View attachment 291493

edit: oh yea, I was on a quite high winning streak, only Liverpool could beat me in the league when I played my best eleven. At the end of the season mostly regens and youngsters played.

im not playing a save with utd but i've just noticed on my save that they have paid off all their debt. its the 2016/2017 season and they have only won the euro cup in 2015 so i was wondering is this normal? they keep spending a fortune on players

wow u got some quality regens i aint got a single regen yet thats above 2 & a half stars :( into my 3rd season as well i bought a regen from madrid tho called pedro arias ive been playing him this season in every game hes basically stats wise a younger valencia strictly right footed and likes to beat a defender but my attacking foursome is just magical neymar muniain gotze and pedro arias just tears every team apart

WoW! I would pay you 100M for both Nils Unger and Sergio Jiménez, they look worldclass!

Have 1 or 2 more very decent ones with 5 star potential. Got to a stage now were i dont really need to use my transfer budget on players bar kids around 16/17.

Gareth Bale is still a worldy for me, aswell as Badstuber and Kouma.

I got taken over in my 3rs season and get about 220 million every transfer window, and a big wage budget to go with it,but it has it downside as all players want stupid amount of money Wayne Rooney wouldn’t except anything less that 300k a week with add on's.

Alaba left on a free to arsenal as I couldn’t agree a contact with him, wanted 220k a week.

i am finding it hard to keep interested in my save, so was thinking about starting again, just have some great regens don’t want to.

Here's how my first season went. Ended up winning the Premiere League, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League. Champions League was a real thriller - first I met Juventus, Real Madrid, City and then Barcelona in the final. Juventus and City was pretty tough to crack but Madrid went surprisingly easy and won 4-0 over the two matches. Barcelona in the final was a real midfield battle and ended up staying 0-0 and going to penalties. Decided to save my most composed and best penalty takers last and that payed off. And the best moment of the night; Messi stepping up for Barca's final and deciding penalty and De Gea saved!

View attachment 291726

In the pre-season window I've now sold Carrick (£21M), Evra (£15M) and Young (£21M) along with a few youngsters and brought in three very promising regens along with Alaba, Tachtsidis and Kurt Zouma. Planning on sending out Henriquez on loan now that he has been tutored by Rooney and stuff in the first season. Giggs and Ferdinand left for free and I offered Scholes a new contract as player/coach so that he can still tutor youngsters while improving his coaching. I'll continue introducing Dæhli and Januzaj into the first team this season too.

Has anyone else signed Insigne? Italian, I think from Inter, signed for free after the first season and plays any attack mid role or striker.

He looks like a quality player, he hasn't had much game time due to other options I have but I think if I gave him it he would be every bit as successful as Neymar or Llorente.

View attachment 292017View attachment 292018View attachment 292019View attachment 292020View attachment 292021View attachment 292022View attachment 292023View attachment 292024View attachment 292025View attachment 292026View attachment 292027View attachment 292028

Just a few shots of my best regens. I got a lot more but this is the best of the lot, got a 17 yr old keeper out of loan as well, playing first team for shef wed in league one . I'm into my third season October 2014.

Especially proud of Eddie Smyth, came right through our very youth ranks in my first season! :)

Back