An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
How's everyone game going? Any recommended feeder clubs?
Halfway through my third season. Selling off Wallace and sending Welbeck on loan.
Three out of my four wingers are injured -.- Bale, Rodriguez and Ramirez :/
Neymar, Cleverley and Kagawa all have been covering.
Since you're in the third season I suggest trying to find a mid-table club in either Championship or a good club in League One (depending on the quality of your regens) with good training facilities and a lot of coaches. Especially when choosing a Championship club you should be careful not too take those who are most likely to get promoted since the link will be cancelled when that happens and you'll have to find a new feeder club. If you find a League One club on the other hand, that ain't such a huge issue until/if they establish themselves and does well if promoted.

My save is going good. I'm nearing the end of the second season. Doing excellent in the PL, FA and CL but ended up loosing to Newcastle in the COC final. That defeat had a bit of extra sting to it as well since Newcastle was the club that ended my 79 games unbeaten run earlier in the second season. Anyway, I'm going to try out a new tactic I developed for Southampton in my online game though, a 4-3-2-1 with swapping wingers. It worked very nicely with Southampton and even in the first match, away, I had 15 key passes and managed to create lots of space and allowed a lot of movement into the box for my players. So hopefully it'll work nicely with United as well. I haven't ticked off many player instructions as it's a more fluid/dynamic tactic in that I'll be using shouts to adapt and exploit the opponents weaknesses and also easily change team mentality during games etc.

Btw Seabear, I presume it's Gaston Ramirez you have? Just wondering, have you tried playing him as CM?

Since you're in the third season I suggest trying to find a mid-table club in either Championship or a good club in League One (depending on the quality of your regens) with good training facilities and a lot of coaches. Especially when choosing a Championship club you should be careful not too take those who are most likely to get promoted since the link will be cancelled when that happens and you'll have to find a new feeder club. If you find a League One club on the other hand, that ain't such a huge issue until/if they establish themselves and does well if promoted.

My save is going good. I'm nearing the end of the second season. Doing excellent in the PL, FA and CL but ended up loosing to Newcastle in the COC final. That defeat had a bit of extra sting to it as well since Newcastle was the club that ended my 79 games unbeaten run earlier in the second season. Anyway, I'm going to try out a new tactic I developed for Southampton in my online game though, a 4-3-2-1 with swapping wingers. It worked very nicely with Southampton and even in the first match, away, I had 15 key passes and managed to create lots of space and allowed a lot of movement into the box for my players. So hopefully it'll work nicely with United as well. I haven't ticked off many player instructions as it's a more fluid/dynamic tactic in that I'll be using shouts to adapt and exploit the opponents weaknesses and also easily change team mentality during games etc.

Btw Seabear, I presume it's Gaston Ramirez you have? Just wondering, have you tried playing him as CM?

haha i cant even get a feeder club in the first place. my board always says they cant find a suitable club to link up with.. I was just wondering if anyone else has managed to :P

I have Powell, Kagawa, Cleverley, Matt Daehli, Adnan Jauzi who all can play CM. sold Nani and young so bought him as a winger. What is he like as a CM?

Whats the difference between Home And Away Tactics?

i have created my own tactic which beats chelsea/liverpool/man city 3-0 at home and loses to reading and wigan away, Can anyone tell me why?

My tactic - 442 control
short passing
closing down more often
tackling hard
drill crosses
all other set to default

Player Roles/ duties
FB Support rafeal
FB Support Evra
BPD Defensive Ferdinand
CD Defensive Vidic
W Attacking Nani
W Attacking Young
AP Support Kagawa
BWM Defensive Carrick
DLF Support Rooney
CF Attack Van Perisie

Whats the difference between Home And Away Tactics?

i have created my own tactic which beats chelsea/liverpool/man city 3-0 at home and loses to reading and wigan away, Can anyone tell me why?

Away from home, you tend to have less possession of the ball so setting up your team to be more counter attacking may be best when you're away. Also being in old trafford, you have a wide pitch therefore your wingers will tend to play better. Away from home, you can get narrow pitches where your wingers won't be as effective.

You should try to mix up your tactics per game, i'm not changing the whole formation but player roles. How much creative freedom a player gets should be determine whether you're playing at home or away and the team you're playing against. I would give my full back an attacking mentality and high creative freedom when playing against mid table sides and lower but against the big teams i would change their mentality and reduce their creative freedom

Clubs seem really keen on getting my Silva twins in my save. Several clubs have put in bids for Fabio and now Real Madrid offered £38M for Rafael. No way I'm selling those two, well, could probably sell Fabio if the price is good enough. He had a long-term injury when he was at QPR so he definitely ain't got the same potential that he had.

And so it begins.......

Right so I've finally got FM13 and got my UTD underway heading into the last game in pre-season then the league kicks off.

I've got rid of Nani, Young, Anderson and a couple of youth players that will never make it to the senior squad and brought in Bale, Fellaini and Wellington Nem. I'm re-training Rooney to CM and am playing the 4231 formation with 2 other variants being practised as back up tactics to try to enable more depth. I am going to keep Evra as LB for the 1st season then look at bringing in a replacement for the 2nd and moving him on also looking at bringing in a young CM capable of filling in for Fellaini and Carrick to enable me to move Carrick on, for these I have been looking at Jadson and Emre Can for the CM role and so far Leighton Baines for the LB role. Kurt Zouma is on my shortlist also so may go with him to free up Phil Jones as I am focusing his training towards DM. I have around £10m left in transfer funds but have already allocated £6m of that to wages and if I dont find anyone else I would like to bring in I will allocate the rest to wages. I am looking at releasing Scholes, Giggs and Ferdinand at the end of the season and bringing them into a coaching role, depending on what their stats look like at the time.

I have got RVP tutoring Henriquez and have given a fw pre-season games to Powell, Lingard and Vermijl (who have done fantastic in pre-season) but have decided to send Lingard out on loan to get more 1st team football. Will be looking to give a few cup games etc to Januzaj and Daehli also this year.

Who does everyone think is the best to help tutor these youngsters as I always look at only signing 1 maybe 2 big players each window and mostly looking for young talents to look at bringing through.

I sold Nani to Tottenham for £30 million. Bought Bale for £27 million....really wish I didn't.

Right so I've finally got FM13 and got my UTD underway heading into the last game in pre-season then the league kicks off.

I've got rid of Nani, Young, Anderson and a couple of youth players that will never make it to the senior squad and brought in Bale, Fellaini and Wellington Nem. I'm re-training Rooney to CM and am playing the 4231 formation with 2 other variants being practised as back up tactics to try to enable more depth. I am going to keep Evra as LB for the 1st season then look at bringing in a replacement for the 2nd and moving him on also looking at bringing in a young CM capable of filling in for Fellaini and Carrick to enable me to move Carrick on, for these I have been looking at Jadson and Emre Can for the CM role and so far Leighton Baines for the LB role. Kurt Zouma is on my shortlist also so may go with him to free up Phil Jones as I am focusing his training towards DM. I have around £10m left in transfer funds but have already allocated £6m of that to wages and if I dont find anyone else I would like to bring in I will allocate the rest to wages. I am looking at releasing Scholes, Giggs and Ferdinand at the end of the season and bringing them into a coaching role, depending on what their stats look like at the time.

I have got RVP tutoring Henriquez and have given a fw pre-season games to Powell, Lingard and Vermijl (who have done fantastic in pre-season) but have decided to send Lingard out on loan to get more 1st team football. Will be looking to give a few cup games etc to Januzaj and Daehli also this year.

Who does everyone think is the best to help tutor these youngsters as I always look at only signing 1 maybe 2 big players each window and mostly looking for young talents to look at bringing through.
When Scholes is nearing his end of contract, try to sign him as a coach right away or as player/coach. He'll later retire and then you can sign him as full-time coach. Often then you let their player contract run out and try to sign them again as coaches, they won't sign.

When it comes to tutors I can't remember who I had tutoring who - but just stick with comparing personality, media handling and determination. I've mostly had Fletcher, Rooney, RVP, Scholes, Kagawa and later Cleverley and other players I've brought in to tutor Dæhli, Januzaj, Henriquez, Pereira and some of my regens. A lot of them have worked out really well - I think most of my youngsters got around 18+ in determination now and Januzaj really kicked it off with Kagawa if I remember right and learned a lot of PPMs. Powell and Fletcher got a long very nicely as well. Powell is actually pretty insane in my save and is still only 20. Looking to become a really good DLP or a more support-type AP.

I'm in the 2014/15 season and still got Cleverley, Powell and Fletcher in the midfield. I've also retrained Rooney to CM as he fits perfectly for my AP support role in my tactic. I also got Alex Song, Sandro and Tachtsidis, along with a Italian youngster I can't remember.

I also sold Evra after the first season to PSG for a pretty good price and got David Alaba and Ricardo Rodriguez covering the position, while Rafael and Fabio plays right. Up front I haven't done much changes. I still got RVP (although I'll be selling him after this season), Rooney, Henriquez (on loan at Roma) and I brought in Rodrigo during the first season. Chicha ended up being sold since although I fixed a loan for him to Napoli he got ****** for some reason and ended up requesting transfer, so sold him off to Bayern for a good amount of money.

I was actually thinking about replacing Valencia with Willian, since I managed to get Willian unhappy and transfer listed for only £8M. But since Valencia had played so well the two previous seasons and is also a decent cover in full/wingback I decided to keep him. Of course he has played totally **** so far this season when I've given him a chance...

I've also loaned out Januzaj, Dæhli and Pereira now. I've tutored them as much as I can and felt they were ready developing a bit outside the club. Januzaj is playing in Championship and I sent Dæhli to my feeder club in League 1, a bit low but I think he'll come along nicely. Pereira got loaned out to West Brom in PL and is doing very good. In my Newcastle save I loaned out Midtsjø to West Brom as well and he too got really good, so I didn't exactly hesitate when I could loan out another AMC to that club.

1st game done nice 2-0 home win against Stoke, Rooney grabbing both, managed to shut down their chances and limit them to 2 all game.

Two seasons completed, success so far :

2012/13 : Barclays Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League

2013/14 : Community Shield, European Super Cup, Club World Championship, FA Cup, Champions League (lost out to City in the league by a point)

Got the Spain job after Tito Vilonova failed to qualify for the World Cup and I had a nice £104M transfer kitty that I was struggling to spend this summer, then this happened...

View attachment 295748View attachment 295749

I should be delighted, but I've poached a lot of talented regens, I've had a few good ones come through the youth intake including two with 5 star potential and I'm pretty happy with the first team. Another thing is, top players like Neymar aren't appearing on the transfer list this summer, so the temptation to sign someone just for the sake of it isn't really there. Certainly happy that I won't have to worry about player/staff wages now, I just hope the game won't become too easy for me.

2-2 draw away to Wigan is not what I was expecting, after going 2-0 down Vidic forced an own goal from Al-Habsi and Valencia pulled a late equaliser for me to leave me 4th after 2 games. I know I'm only 2 games in and theres a long way to go but being very competitive I want to win all games. Champions league draws me against Olympiakos, Borussia Monchengladbach and PSG. Hoping for a good run in the group games to allow me to rest some players towards the end of the group stages.

Two seasons completed, success so far :

2012/13 : Barclays Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League

2013/14 : Community Shield, European Super Cup, Club World Championship, FA Cup, Champions League (lost out to City in the league by a point)

Got the Spain job after Tito Vilonova failed to qualify for the World Cup and I had a nice £104M transfer kitty that I was struggling to spend this summer, then this happened...

View attachment 295748View attachment 295749

I should be delighted, but I've poached a lot of talented regens, I've had a few good ones come through the youth intake including two with 5 star potential and I'm pretty happy with the first team. Another thing is, top players like Neymar aren't appearing on the transfer list this summer, so the temptation to sign someone just for the sake of it isn't really there. Certainly happy that I won't have to worry about player/staff wages now, I just hope the game won't become too easy for me.

cant believe you got an international job after just two seasons. i got laughed off the england job despite winning everything available first two seasons :@. David gill took over United on mine. No transfer kitty was given :( not that i would have spent it, just would have been nice.

transfer listed nani, ended up doing a straight swap for mario gotze and dortmund accepted - deal of the century. Then i sold young to arsenal for 20M and bought in bale for 25. All in all, 5M for bale and gotze :)

Second season in a row now that all the prospect coming through my academy is... ****. The first season I got several with extremely high potential but the last two seasons I've only had players rated half- and one star. Oh well, got to go stalking other clubs youth then.

Just started my 4th season
X11 4-2-3-1 (2nd x11)

DDG (regen gk)

Rafael (wallace) Dede (smalling) Jones (ppapadopoulos) Alaba (coentrao)
Wilshere (holtby) Song (cleverley)
el shaarawy (Ibarbo) Isco (Nem) Kagawa (Bojan)
Neymar (henriquez)

Won Pl & F.A cup x3 CL x2 (lost to barcelona 10-3 on agg last season)

Last edited:
Neymar became available in the last few days of the window, ended up signing him on deadline day for £60M. Valencia, as good as he's been, wasn't worth the wages his agent was demanding and with just a year left on his contract I decided to sell him. Plenty of offers came in all at his value of £18.25M, he ended up joining Dortmund. Nani had a bad injury in the second half of last season and has deteriorated a bit because of it, so I thought I'd bring in another RAM. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain wanted first team football and after a couple of rounds of negotiation, Arsenal accepted a £17M offer and he's our new #7. Giggs retired in July and is now a part of the coaching staff, so I was able to give Neymar his favoured #11. Best deadline day I've had so far.

Back