An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
Im using his Might and Magic deep configured to a 4231 as Raikan said in post 20, i can get neither Rooney, Kagawa or Van Persie to perfom, Ive tried using might and magic with cm without success, though the defence is top though 1 conceded after 4 games, and that includes Man C, I just cant find a position for Rooney. I transfered in Baines, Ronaldo and Walcott as part of the Silly Season roumors, De Gea and Nani left as part of the deal for CR7.

I can't wait to get rid of the Glazers so I guess this is good news but bit worried that it says £570m takeover when the club is valued at £1.11bn. Hope this dosn't mean they will have to get loan for rest as this will be no better than before

As you can see below, I have just become the best manager in the world, of all time! Just won my fifth Champions League, to add to my 8 Premier Leagues, 5 FA Cups, 3 Carling Cups and 4 World Club Championships. Am in the season of 2021/22, and about to lead England into my first International Tournament, The World Cup!

View attachment 299406

Yep I was right :( I didn't expect/want £100m transfer budgets etc but would have liked the debts cleared and some of the £541m he promised invested in the club

If I reload will I get a different outcome? Is it worth it? I am I likely to get another takeover perhaps when the debts are cleared?

Just finished my second season and did the treble.

Starting my third season I finally signed Gotze after much wrangling and doing got him for 30mil and gonna re train him in to a CM.

Shipped Rooney off after he wanted 350k a week! when Barce came in with a 60m I was laughing!

Ander Herrera really has been great since I brought him in the first season Real Madrid has been sniffing around for him though.......

My Manchester United team:

Season 2016/2017

GK| Marc-André ter Stegen/Jack Butland

DC| Kyriakos Papadopoulos/Stefano Denswil, Phil Jones/Kurt Zouma

DR| Mattia De Sciglio/Romário Silva

DL| David Alaba/Luke Shaw

MC| Ezequiel Cirigliano/Mats Dæhli, Marco Verratti/Nick Powell

AMR| Stephan El Shaarawy/Gerard Deulofeu

AML| Mario Götze/Viktor Fischer

AMC| Isco Alarcón/Adnan Januzaj

ST| Neymar Silva/Angelo Henríquez

Most of my regens are loaned out, or are playing for the U'18 or U'21. Till next season won't be using regens, it's part of my pfilosophy.

Phil Jones is my Captain and a truly leader, Vice-captain is Marco Verratti.

Neymar Silva has only adjusted after 5-6 months, and is scoring on regular basis, hope will do so this season.

I won the Premier League 3 times, Champions League 2 times, Capital One Cup and FA Cup 2 and 3 times respectively.

My pfilosophy is Transfer income = Transfer outcome or if possible Transfer income > Transfer outcome.

Edit:

Than I have a Wage structure, I pay a player over 4 Milion € a year first when he played 4 seasons for United, and I don't go over 8 Milion € per season, and you had to notice that all my players are under the age of 26, and when they go over, only then I consider selling them, never when they are younger!

The players to the left side are my first choice eleven and they play only in the Premier League and Champions League, the other eleven players play all my Capital One Cup and FA Cup games so they can develoop right, if some of them is injured then one of my first choice players jump in, and then the injured player (who missed the games in Capital One Cup and FA Cup) play the number of games that he missed in the Premier League or Champions League.

In my first season, I made a massive clear out. I just left David De Gea, Chris Smalling, Jonny Evans, Rafael Silva, Fabio Silva, Luis Anderson, Tom Cleverley, Antonio Valencia, Wayne Rooney, Shinji Kagawa, Javier Hernandez to play for me in my first two seasons + the players I signed (some players of my current starting eleven). After the end of the second season all this mentioned players were sold to make funds availible to sign younger players with more potential.

Sorry for my bad English :/

Last edited:
I finished my 2nd season 3rd coming from 5th place 9 weeks before the end. Before that in my first year I was 2nd and reached Semi Finals in C.L. Tough I won Capital Cup and FA Cup 2nd year, so I have at least that. Struggled with tactics a bit while but now it seems at my 3rd season I can start getting some real successes.

My squad:

View attachment 299845

This summer sold Rooney for 50 mil and got Villa for 2.9M. Barcelona bought Lewandowski for exact 45M! Villa wasn't even unhappy or transfer listed. But I saw an opportunity thinking they might want to get rid of him... and wasn't let down after first attempt. :) His wage is 3M lower than Rooney's. He hasn't started scoring yet but he's showing some signs. I'm sure he won't let me down. Was also going to sell van Persie, obviously because of his wage, but no one got him even for 13.75M! Even Milan, Chelsea and PSG said they "weren't in a good financial state"... can you believe it? I decided to let him stay and keep getting stabbed worth of 9.25M for a bit more. I don't think other teams will still want him and I probably won't be couraged to make him unhappy again as he may not find happiness instantly again, but maybe he'll agree to a lower wage soon. You can't lose your hope, right? :D I have this regen Gianluca Memoli, he is pretty good. He was actually going to be my whole season's choice instead of RVP. He still has many years tough, I'll probably play him this season when it's safe. If he develops as good as scout ratings (1.5 to 5), he'll be a **** beast. He already scores better than RVP anyway.

View attachment 299844

My current payroll stands at 70M. Still isn't that good but the club's finance is getting better everyday. Old Trafford got bigger and we'll be powered by 95K people the first time this season!

View attachment 299842

View attachment 299859

I actually wrote this post a day earlier but decided not to post. Now at my 3rd season I won all my friendlies and beat Chelsea in Community Shield 2-1 coming from behind. Oh, and, I'm now also in charge of England.

View attachment 299851

And just now...

"Man Utd president looking to step aside"
The president of English FA Cup winners Manchester United, Malcolm Glazer, could step down sooner rather than later, according to football.guardian.co.uk.

It is rumored that Glazer is looking to relinquish control of the club, allowing another member of the board to take his place.

I hope this is true and the same thing as @bondj700 doesn't happen to me. Sounds like another Glazer will take control or maybe Mr. Gill? IIRC Gill was (or going to be) my president in FM12 and then my save crashed not a while after. I hope it happens this time. I wish there was a way to just give the unused money to pay debts instantly. I hope we get better at the next fiscal year.

Last edited:
I finished my 2nd season 3rd coming from 5th place 9 weeks before the end. Before that in my first year I was 2nd and reached Semi Finals in C.L. Tough I won Capital Cup and FA Cup 2nd year, so I have at least that. Struggled with tactics a bit while but now it seems at my 3rd season I can start getting some real successes. My squad: View attachment 299845 This summer sold Rooney for 50 mil and got Villa for 2.9M. Barcelona bought Lewandowski for exact 45M! Villa wasn't even unhappy or transfer listed. But I saw an opportunity thinking they might want to get rid of him... and wasn't let down after first attempt. :) His wage is 3M lower than Rooney's. He hasn't started scoring yet but he's showing some signs. I'm sure he won't let me down. Was also going to sell van Persie, obviously because of his wage, but no one got him even for 13.75M! Even Milan, Chelsea and PSG said they "weren't in a good financial state"... can you believe it? I decided to let him stay and keep getting stabbed worth of 9.25M for a bit more. I don't think other teams will still want him and I probably won't be couraged to make him unhappy again as he may not find happiness instantly again, but maybe he'll agree to a lower wage soon. You can't lose your hope, right? :D I have this regen Gianluca Memoli, he is pretty good. He was actually going to be my whole season's choice instead of RVP. He still has many years tough, I'll probably play him this season when it's safe. If he develops as good as scout ratings (1.5 to 5), he'll be a **** beast. He already scores better than RVP anyway. View attachment 299844 My current payroll stands at 70M. Still isn't that good but the club's finance is getting better everyday. Old Trafford got bigger and we'll be powered by 95K people the first time this season! View attachment 299842 View attachment 299859 I actually wrote this post a day earlier but decided not to post. Now at my 3rd season I won all my friendlies and beat Chelsea in Community Shield 2-1 coming from behind. Oh, and, I'm now also in charge of England. View attachment 299851 And just now... "Man Utd president looking to step aside" I hope this is true and the same thing as @bondj700 doesn't happen to me. Sounds like another Glazer will take control or maybe Mr. Gill? IIRC Gill was (or going to be) my president in FM12 and then my save crashed not a while after. I hope it happens this time. I wish there was a way to just give the unused money to pay debts instantly. I hope we get better at the next fiscal year.
I hope you get a better takeover too :) Seem to remember someone on this thread having that message and Gill did takeover and may have cleared the debt but didn't pump millions into club. My new chairmen has actually started spending some money :) I had already got a stadium expansion in planning stage but without me asking he has started a new one (hopefully even bigger) and also started to improve training facilities so maybe I judged him too quickly.

Nice squad you have there. Do you always play with a flat mid 4 tho? If I was you I would try a 4-2-3-1 with the forwards setup like this

Rvp/Villa
Mata(IF) Honda/Mata(AP) Gotze(IF)

Mata, Honda and Gotze are better at playing further forward than in a flat mid 4 where they have to do more defensive work. With 2 CM's you will still be defensively secure at the back.

Last edited:
Nice squad you have there. Do you always play with a flat mid 4 tho? If I was you I would play -

Mata AML/IF

Yes. I had a really hard time with tactics. So far JP's Attacking 4-4-2 works really well for me. Wouldn't dare to change it if it keeps going like this. :) He still plays classy though, dribbles and all, he scored two goals in my latest 2-5 Stoke win.

I got took over by Gill in my 2nd or 3rd season and he didnt even clear debts or pump any money in im now in my 5th season and my debts clear in 2.1.2017 and im in October... Old Trafford is a 100,000 seater and ive top facilities.. Ive still some Glazers on the board:(.. But im hoping i will get another take over next season or something

View attachment 299918

:) Very excited to see what happens.

Oh and, how do you deal with homegrown thing? I didn't loan Nick Powell out and now he's PA down to only 2.5 stars! :( At the end of this season he'll be (club) homegrown but IIRC PA never gets higher once it's decreased. So he's wasted? I have lots of regen with the same situation the only advantage of them is they're a bit younger so they probably won't lose any/that much PA if they are HG in their 18's~.

I got took over by Gill in my 2nd or 3rd season and he didnt even clear debts or pump any money in im now in my 5th season and my debts clear in 2.1.2017 and im in October... Old Trafford is a 100,000 seater and ive top facilities.. Ive still some Glazers on the board:(.. But im hoping i will get another take over next season or something

Am the same as above apart from Gill cleared all debts!

View attachment 299938
As you requested D@ve! If you want SS of any of my players, just shout!

Cheers Adam.. What instructions do you give Gabb?? And do you give all your players instructions or leave as default and do you use touchline shouts??

Cheers mate.

Cheers Adam.. What instructions do you give Gabb?? And do you give all your players instructions or leave as default and do you use touchline shouts??

Cheers mate.

Dont use touchline shouts and leave my assistant to deal with player instructions!

I'm at the beginning of the 2016/2017 season now - already won the Community Shield and European Super Cup as usual and also had a nice opening in the Premiere League, winning the first two matches 6-0 and 7-0.

Haven't made many transfers this season either - sold a few players and brought one in. Currently sending out my best regens on loan out along with a few of my youngest real players like Mazzitelli, Pereira etc. I also ended up having to sell Cleverley as he wanted a new challenge and all that - which didn't really bother me cause he hadn't been performing at all since Powell is progressing magnificently. So yeah, sold Cleverley off to Dortmund for £30M. Fabio saw his way out as well for £14M to Everton. His injuries completely stomped his progress; first out 4 months at QPR, then several 2-3 week injuries every second month and then he tore his hamstring last season and I didn't see any reason for keeping him anymore. A shame, would've loved to play him and Rafael together and have them tear up the flanks.

Currently playing a pretty expressive and dynamic 4-4-2 along with my 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-3. And they still do the job. Starting to become a real fan of a very fluid style of play, having players work their *** off both ways and give my wingers lots of creative freedom, option to roam and run with ball. The amount of runs and dribbling Götze and Shaqiri do is just crazy.

My currently line up is;

GK: De Gea

DR: Rafael / Mattia De Sciglio
DCR: Zouma / Smalling
DCL: Jones / Vidic
DL: Alaba / Ricardo Rodriguez

MR: Götze / Shaqiri
MCR: Rooney / Powell / Fletcher / Dæhli
MCL: Sandro / Tachtsidis / Alex Song
ML: Gaston Ramirez / Kagawa

STCR: Cavani / Rooney
SCTL: Rodrigo / Henriquez

I've managed to get RVP sign a new deal where he went down in wages and into a player / coach role - although he still has £170K a week but sent him out on loan to Roma for this season for 20% of his wages and also a nice monthly fee.

Two other players I've loaned out is two striker regens that'll fit perfectly into my tactic - one came through my own academy and the other I snatched from Southampton; one is a 187 cm tall, strong and well-rounded advanced forward and the other is a 176 cm, two-footed and very quick poacher with already excellent finishing, anticipation, composure and off the ball. Can't wait to play those two together.

Might as well mention that my club also was the subject of a takeover a few seasons back. Wasn't a big takeover at all - went in, did nothing with the debt but has pumped a bit of money into my transfer budget, so currently sitting on £194M. I usually sell for three-four times of what I buy in a window, so money has never really been an issue anyway. That's also why I allow myself to let players like Darren Fletcher and such stay in the club until they retire. It's the least I can do as a United-fan.

Going to post some screenshots later of some of my regens and also the progress of some players.

Dont use touchline shouts and leave my assistant to deal with player instructions!

Hi Adam just to let you no my strikers Neymar(poacher) and a regan Miller(Complete Forward) are scoring for fum in this 4-4-2 formation ive just used what you did in the SS ie- team instructions.. Im using no shouts either and playing well home and away..

Thankyou

Hi guys iv just won the league but lost vidic to Real Madrid due to him not signing a new contact. Got Dede in but he god crocked and isn't the player he could have been.. Who can I sign for central defence. I have 97 in the kitty and could get Chellieni for 34 mill. Hummels is at City, Badstuber is at Real. Seriously running outta options. I have Smalling I suppose but was looking for an older and wiser head for defence. Can't get Mbiwa either, Montpellier want 90 mill and won't budge,. Anyone Recommend. Central defender who would fit the bill? Or should I just pay that to Juve?

Hi guys iv just won the league but lost vidic to Real Madrid due to him not signing a new contact. Got Dede in but he god crocked and isn't the player he could have been.. Who can I sign for central defence. I have 97 in the kitty and could get Chellieni for 34 mill. Hummels is at City, Badstuber is at Real. Seriously running outta options. I have Smalling I suppose but was looking for an older and wiser head for defence. Can't get Mbiwa either, Montpellier want 90 mill and won't budge,. Anyone Recommend. Central defender who would fit the bill? Or should I just pay that to Juve?

Mamdou Sakho mate :) or Thiago Silva

I was thinking papadopoulos but he's an angry guy.. Never thought if Silva thought he'd be too dear.. Sakho is a good shout, ill see if he's declined much.. Looking for someone roughly like Vidic.. Cheers ill have a look just now.

a41dS.png

It was a good season. Bale had 51 appearances, 24 goals, 37 assists. Falcao had 48 appearances, 46 goals and 8 assists.

EDIT : I was using the M&M tactic, with both the forwards set as DLF with 100% familiarity on that tactic for the team. I had Valencia and Nani tearing the right side, both had like 20 goals and 50 assists combined. Kagawa was a good backup for Bale on the left, with a lot of assists too. On the forwards front, I rotated between Persie, Rooney, Welbeck and Falcao.

Last edited:
Back