An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
I'm keeping rooney as theren't many quality young dlfs in my save (in 2017). Smallings quality tbh. always plays well when he's needed. more of a cover player for jones and badstuber.

I got shot of evra in 2nd season as i had fabio and baines. but now got a quality regen to replace lb either this season or next.

but main problem i come across is there's been a lack of quality players who can naturally play out wide to replace nani and who are both versatile.

I got rid of Evra first day lol replaced him with Alaba. I got Sebastien Corchia in at right back too. I got rid of Smalling because he was very inconsistant, i got Joel Matip as backup for him and im gonna get a young CB too.

I sold RVP to PSG for £30m
Smalling to Southampton for £13.5m

Currently want to to get rid off Carrick, Buttner, Rooney and Cleverley but no takers.

Also, Cavani got transfer listed for £29.5m, should i go for him or spend £55m on Damaio... Damaio got 46 goals in 52 apperances last term.....

tbh i never had that problem chris,or even nani tbh he's out in quality performances more than the usual 'nani' performances.

I sold cleverly for 27m in my save. i look to try and sell players for double their value or even abit more on top.

tbh i've never bought either so i can't really say

I'm keeping rooney as theren't many quality young dlfs in my save (in 2017). Smallings quality tbh. always plays well when he's needed. more of a cover player for jones and badstuber.

I got shot of evra in 2nd season as i had fabio and baines. but now got a quality regen to replace lb either this season or next.

but main problem i come across is there's been a lack of quality players who can naturally play out wide to replace nani and who are both versatile.

i know what you mean, i got lucky and got hold of Ramirez when Southampton got relegated. Bought Bale in my first season as well so that helped. There seems to be a lack of good wingers in the form of regens. I always have to look around the globe for half decent ones. I finally got one who came through the ranks last season! Been converting AM to Wingers since there's been an plenty of AM to go around

i was thinking of doing that but i still got my team learning a tactic where there's no wingers in case of injuries/suspensions and how my fixtures always end up to be every three days or even more lovelier every two days

Anyone finding after two seasons Rooney just doesn't do that much?! I kept faith with him but kinda have given up due to giving more time to Ademilson and Gotze playing AP(A) where he's most suited.. Thoughts on selling Rooney and getting another striker in. I only play with one up top (Cavani) and the only other striker I have is Ademilson so I need a good enough striker to rotate etc

Even the first season Rooney didn't do much along with RVP, Hernandez was my top scorer. I'm trying to sell Rooney but no one wants him. I want between £25m-£35m for him but no one just wants him...might just release him XD

I have an 18-19 year old regen from Germany called Lukas Konigs. He's an absolute monster in the CM and DM position but his determination has went down by 2 from 20 to 18. Is this because I've been playing him regularly and he's getting a bit comfortable?

Just a note to anyone considering Fellaini: I managed to get him for a straight swap with Anderson, no money involved. Couldn't believe my luck!

Been a while, but thought I would post some of my regens, and see what you guys think.

Starting off with a few that came through my own youth intake, Nick Gabb is by far the best striker I have ever seen!

View attachment 306355View attachment 306353View attachment 306352

On to players I have bought in, D'Amico has been with me from when he was 18, so I am taking credit for moulding him into the player he is now!

View attachment 306356View attachment 306357View attachment 306358View attachment 306360

View attachment 306842
Note the total amount of goals thise season at the bottom, and that doesnt include the World Cup which I am just about to play!``

I'm not going to call you a cheat but I have never ever seen a regen that good before in FM and I've been playing it for over 10 years. (maybe I'm just jealous) :D

Did you buy him or was he home grown? Any specific training you gave him?

I'm not going to call you a cheat but I have never ever seen a regen that good before in FM and I've been playing it for over 10 years. (maybe I'm just jealous) :D

Did you buy him or was he home grown? Any specific training you gave him?

He came through my youth team, he had tutoring from Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez, and lastly Robin van Persie, played in the reserves for the first year, then straight into the first team, playing as a substitute in most games before straight into the first team for the 3rd year. Havent really given him an specific training, other than what my coaches have suggested.

I too, have never seen anyone as good as him, dont think I ever will!

Hi everybody! Im playing a Man United save at the moment, using 2 different 4-4-2 versions and its going well, for homegames.. Im using Mr.Langvatn`s Strongman 4-4-2 and one called "Modern warfare", they both work very well for homegames. But since both of these tactics are very fluid/attacking they are not great for tough awaygames, or away games in general to be honest.

What im looking for is a solid away tactic, would love it if there was a counter/defensive 4-4-2 tactic about to try out.. Maybe a 4-4-1-1 aswell. You guys have any suggestions?

Ive added Fellaini and baines to the squad the first season and ive signed Llorente for next season ( mostly since one of the 4-4-2 tactics im using has a Targetman position ) and ill bring in Bale for next season aswell..

I've always started an FM game with United as I like to form my own Fergie/Barcelona-style revolution where my team are are formed to the style of football I want and unbeatable at 1st team, reserves and U18 level but have struggled so far to get use to FM13's inconsistency. What sort of databases are people playing off? eg. amount of players, leagues included, computer performance and game speed ratings etc.?

Really looking forward to starting my United game on FM13 after reading everyone hints and tips...

About to sell Rooney and he wants 77k a week to move, thank the heavens I changed the transfer negotiations handling to me otherwise Rudi Voller would have agreed!! Also can anyone tell me it's always China or USA for the training camp? It would be good to choose other countries

Just used your complete madness formation and I managed a win against Chelsea and Sevilla in big games, I think I may found formation for Europe and against teams that's are chasing me like arsenal this season!! Cheers

1st season around febuary i was getting annoyed with kagawa never happy with team talks put him up for sale 35 million arsenal came up intrested with a few other teams no bids made yet so i clicked on wilshere put cash £0 and added wilshere to swap and they accepted

Back