An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
a41dS.png

It was a good season. Bale had 51 appearances, 24 goals, 37 assists. Falcao had 48 appearances, 46 goals and 8 assists.
What tactic you using mate thats quality!!!

Where do I change who scouts the opposition 'cause I just recently checked the guys stats and the ones needed are terrible..

Where do I change who scouts the opposition 'cause I just recently checked the guys stats and the ones needed are terrible..
Go to the scout's profile and choose "Reports" and then "Scouts Assignments". There you'll see all his assignments and remove the "Next Opposition" and then find someone else (preferably with high attributes in judging CA and tactical knowledge etc.) and choose him instead.

a41dS.png

It was a good season. Bale had 51 appearances, 24 goals, 37 assists. Falcao had 48 appearances, 46 goals and 8 assists.

EDIT : I was using the M&M tactic, with both the forwards set as DLF with 100% familiarity on that tactic for the team. I had Valencia and Nani tearing the right side, both had like 20 goals and 50 assists combined. Kagawa was a good backup for Bale on the left, with a lot of assists too. On the forwards front, I rotated between Persie, Rooney, Welbeck and Falcao.

really glad to see the M&M tactic working wonders for you mate, nice job!

So how are you mates been doing, I haven't played for over a month now as I'm still waiting for the ME to be improved.

Hey

Quick question regarding finances, I got united debt free (woo :p) lol and well i'm not the kind of manager to throw money about for the sake of it and buy players because i want them. Im going to put my budget fully in to wages and sell off players who are on high wages. Welbz is the main guy as he's getting a **** of a lot to sit on bench and not score when he comes on. plus he's on 100k+. another person has to be walcott.although his pace is deadly that is his main strength point and id rther nurture a player to be better and on lower wages. That seem reasonable to you guys?

Hey

Quick question regarding finances, I got united debt free (woo :p) lol and well i'm not the kind of manager to throw money about for the sake of it and buy players because i want them. Im going to put my budget fully in to wages and sell off players who are on high wages. Welbz is the main guy as he's getting a **** of a lot to sit on bench and not score when he comes on. plus he's on 100k+. another person has to be walcott.although his pace is deadly that is his main strength point and id rther nurture a player to be better and on lower wages. That seem reasonable to you guys?

Yeah definetly sell Welbeck off. I'm a couple of seasons in and I sold off RVP, Rooney, Welbeck at different points simply because i had regens who needed the game time and would more likely turn out better. Welbeck is at Barcelona with Dzeko :P Rooney is at the might Norwich with Holt and RVP is carrying the tottenham team :P

Raikan, what tactics would you use for Man Utd when playing against big teams like Juve etc in Europe and the top 4? Do you tweak your normal formation or use 2? I'm finding it hard fiding a balance..

Raikan, what tactics would you use for Man Utd when playing against big teams like Juve etc in Europe and the top 4? Do you tweak your normal formation or use 2? I'm finding it hard finding a balance..

Yeah definetly sell Welbeck off. I'm a couple of seasons in and I sold off RVP, Rooney, Welbeck at different points simply because i had regens who needed the game time and would more likely turn out better. Welbeck is at Barcelona with Dzeko :P Rooney is at the might Norwich with Holt and RVP is carrying the tottenham team :P

Tbh i'm keeping wayne and rvp because of their experiencd plus wayne has been top in this season and i use rvp sparingly as he's been injured alot and i tend to play one of the regens in more in my team as he's lethal at finishng.

Atm i'm in that place where i have good/quality regens coming through and some players hitting their 30s. I'm tempted to get rid of them and use my regens however i'm worried that because of this and don't want the squad being negatively affected because of this

Tbh i'm keeping wayne and rvp because of their experiencd plus wayne has been top in this season and i use rvp sparingly as he's been injured alot and i tend to play one of the regens in more in my team as he's lethal at finishng.

Tutoring can go only bring a player so far, i rather have a youngster have 30 odd games in the season then coming off the bench every so often and being tutored for 6 months by a player taking up wages.

Also my squad didn't react negatively when i sold off my players, I even let go Vidic to Reading in January last season cause he wanted a new challenge. Had Jones, Smalling, Padapadolous and a regen for CB. So let him go for a couple of million, board wasnt happy about that :P

Last edited:
lol tbh i think vidic might and rvp might retire next season or the one after (im halfway through a season atm) and i dont need money as finances are healthy.

but my problem is that i got a big squad full of top players, some are being in early twenties to late twenties/early thirties. and they all add their bit to my season. i could get away with selling walcott and the ox and promote a youth player. i havent really found a quality regen who could play my rooney role so i'm keeping him..plus he's still giving me 20+ goals a season to support my regen whos banged in 30 in 30.so proud.

Raikan, what tactics would you use for Man Utd when playing against big teams like Juve etc in Europe and the top 4? Do you tweak your normal formation or use 2? I'm finding it hard fiding a balance..

It honestly depends mate :) I cannot give you an exact answer..

I have not played the FM save in over 6 weeks, not played FM in over 6 weeks

I am so, so tempted to sell of RVP & Rooney in the summer. They can't play together and have hardly set the league alight. Hernandez is just a lethal finisher and I think with either Falcao or Ademilson next season, goals will be flying in.

I have to say one thing. DO NOT SELL JONES, he is an absolute rock at the back with Vidic...I brought Joel Matip as I thought I would need a new CB but honestly, I regret spending the £11m or so it was on him. As well as this Jones can also play in Midfield. Best signing (s) I made though was most definately Bale & Fellaini..them two have been unreal, especially Fellaini he wins everything in the air and has scored many, many times from corners.

*This is before the patch, I'm going to start a new save on the updated patch.

Quick question, does Wellington Nem play better on the wing or up front?, I started him as a winger and he would get the odd assist now and then, scored a goal against Norwich in the Capital One Cup which proved vital, but because I got Rooney out for 3 months I started Wellington Nem up front as a poacher and he grabbed a goal in his first game.

Another one, is it me or does anyone else have trouble with Rooney & Van Persie?

Last edited:
i've had trouble playing wayne and rvp together they just didnt seem to click.

I sold off hernandez and tbh i havent look back since as i got a regen who can score for fun. Jones does become a beast at the back. i chose him as my captain instead of vida after a couple seasons.

I play wellington nem on the right as a IF attack and he hardly lets me down

I agree, Jones is a rock at the back when trained and played more matches and same for Hernandez.....i've been having trouble with Rooney and RVP as well....i've read others feedback about rooney...they reply back is to SELL HIM and i might considering doing so next season and RVP, i'm sort of using him as a back up striker but might sell him as well.........SHAME but they both were poor and there are others who are better unlike reality (that's refer to RVP not rooney lol).......I'm not sure Joel Matip but you could try axel witsel if u are looking for defensive mid.

Did try to get Fellaini but he was sold to PSG before i could get him and bale, i'm aiming to get him now but Neymar is doin well and same for kagawa.....both can play left wing position and i rotate them both on ACM, WING and STRIKER.....

You might want to consider selling Cleverley, i've heard he's not very good but i could be wrong and same for johnny evans....
and also i managed to get leighton baines which has proven a great replacement for Evra....

Haven't tried wellington nem because i've got Neymar but if u think he plays better up front, put him there or like what i do to most of my players, i rotate them to see which position they play well in..

I sold off Evans as he wasn't getting played. Cleverley has done Ok, but not brilliant but he is a good performer. I sold off Evra in the first window, I signed David Alaba as a replacement and i got Buttner as a backup and I will have Fabio back in the summer.

Players I plan to sell in the summer:

Rooney
Van Persie
Carrick
Smalling
Maybe Buttner

My targets are:
FALCAO
Leandro Damaio (7 goals in 6 apperances!!! )
Ademilson
Zouma
Bernard

Last edited:
Back