An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
View attachment 282374

I think its safe to say that this tactic doesent work at all away from home! Ive lost 3 out of 3 away games! get destroyed by crosses and corners! destroyed!! I think for FM13 you simply cant use an attacking tactic away from home, againt anybody!
You have to give it time till is completely fluid mate results will come!

good work, but this isn't exactly the formation manchester play this season

ferguson said on many occasion that he prefers to play 1 striker behind the other in a 4-4-1-1. or rather a 4-1-3-1-1 with defensive winger in valencia . they sometimes switch to a diamond with putting hernandez up front with rvp dropping a little deeper behind hernandez and rooney dropping into midfield

but whatever beats the ai in fm13 is the right tactic

Last edited:
Possible a downfall for me is that I struggle to want to employ a second or third tactic. If there was greater general success of playing 2 forwards I might be more inclined to give it a try. So far so good though, tactic working well both home and away against all opposition. RVP is banging them in. Do lots of you really replace him after the first season?

Well ****** off just won league early last night went in shower after came back and computer was frozen, had to wait for battery to run out coz would not let me do anything and guess what everythings lost absolute gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh well will have to start all again tomorrow:'(

Since this is kinda about managing man utd. This tactic worked great for me....but!
I'm adapting a very sensible approach were I sell players that ask for very high salaries. I already sold Rooney, Ashley young, Evra, Fletcher and Carrick so far. I'm keeping everyone under 120k currently with most players being under 60k. The Glazers keep making bank loans to fund my "investment" in the team. They just gave me 120m transfer budget! I'm not spending it but they keep making loans and more loans instead of paying them off! What do I do!? The club is going to fail this way. Why are they loaning money to spend on transfers if I'm not spending it!? I'm not even using 40% of the allowed salary budget.

Started a new save with united over the weekend. Didn't get as much time on it as i would like. Signed Bale and Santon. Sold Carrick for 15m and Evra for 12.5m. Bale scoring on his debut with a free kick in the first minute ;)

If you guys are looking for a right back cover, look up "wallace" brazilian. 4.4m release clause has great potential and fairly cheap. Don't like playing smalling and jones at right back rather have them developed fully as CB.

Nice one! Good deal on Bale. So are you having success with him as and Attacking midfielder? He is starting to come into a bit or form for me now but I was hoping I could make him drop a bit deeper to create some space to run at. How would I go about that?

Cheers

Yeah cheers mate. Young is decent but his stats are not great.. Bale deal was a no brainer, will update the OP now, thanks for the suggestion :)

Left wing - attack in my M&M tactic.. the DM version!

View attachment 282546

What training regime do you use for your save?

there are no training schedules etc but I am still getting used to it at the moment.. have not played very long at all.. mostly team cohesion then attacking when playing smaller teams and defensive when playing bigger teams

Since this is kinda about managing man utd. This tactic worked great for me....but!
I'm adapting a very sensible approach were I sell players that ask for very high salaries. I already sold Rooney, Ashley young, Evra, Fletcher and Carrick so far. I'm keeping everyone under 120k currently with most players being under 60k. The Glazers keep making bank loans to fund my "investment" in the team. They just gave me 120m transfer budget! I'm not spending it but they keep making loans and more loans instead of paying them off! What do I do!? The club is going to fail this way. Why are they loaning money to spend on transfers if I'm not spending it!? I'm not even using 40% of the allowed salary budget.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...our-finances-make-money-fm13.html#post1611416

read that mate, put all your transfer budget into your wage budget (or as much as you can)

ok so Fellaini had gotten two red cards already up until November, the only player in my squad to receive one, so I warned him the first time then fined him 1 weeks wages the 2nd, he got upset and I cannot talk to him any longer.. SO, I offered him out to the masses and Spurs came in with a very decent £34m bid for him..

as Spurs are lying in 19th place I have added fuel to the fire (not only as I just played them) and have softened up Sandro and Walker who have both since requested to be put on the TL..

Sandro has been offered a 54k a week salary after Spurs accepted my £16.5m bid
Walker has been offered a 43k a week salary after Spurs accepted my £12.5m bid

so I am still making a £5m profit if these all go through and will look to offload Buttner as I have Bale who covers there and Fabio coming back end of the season, plus Rafael can play as LB too...

What do you think of the deals?

View attachment 282555View attachment 282556

Not too shabby at all. That's some good business, it's worked out really well for you. Might have to try and sweet talk Walker myself. RVP is pretty much responsible for my good start. 18 goals in his 12 matches. Smalling is doing fab job covering for an injured Ferdinand.

yeah cheers.. sold Evans to West Brom for £10m and trying to offload Buttner..

I seemed to have only gotten a very small portion of that deal.. struggling to sign Sandro (£5m upfront, £15.75m over 48 months as I am getting £24m over 48 months for Fellaini :P)

trying to get Koke instead but also quite expensive..

For me, Antonio Valencia is different class. Scores regularly and always getting star man. The same goes for Gareth Bale.

For me, Antonio Valencia is different class. Scores regularly and always getting star man. The same goes for Gareth Bale.

Valencia is a beast in my game,Raikan007 that is some shrewd buisness.I hate players that get sent of and exspect to get away with it.

plus Rafael is injured for a few months..

will post up a little update end of the winter transfer window ;)

yeah cheers.. sold Evans to West Brom for £10m and trying to offload Buttner..

I seemed to have only gotten a very small portion of that deal.. struggling to sign Sandro (£5m upfront, £15.75m over 48 months as I am getting £24m over 48 months for Fellaini :P)

trying to get Koke instead but also quite expensive..

Im nearly sure i activated Koke's buy out clause for 13 million mate?!

Im nearly sure i activated Koke's buy out clause for 13 million mate?!

yeah that is his release clause ;) I am a serious negotiator and want to get him for less... :P

but I might concede to the £13m

how is he playing and developing with you?

Back