An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
View attachment 282815Typical of ME everything was going great, was using same tactics same players even improved squad in jan buying santon,poli,xhaka because all were transfer listed then this happened lost CC final got knocked out of CL and FA cup and went from being top of league to 7th:@ board said were not happy with results and must improve won next at city lost at southampton then got sack!:'( Think will wait for new patch or ME to be fixed before starting new save and trust in raikon to build consistent world beating tactic:)

had 14 pens so far and missed 9 so annoying any1 else finding your missing more pens then other games

Hi Raikan
So im playing united too, and i'm getting mixed results. I've found this year harder that the others, and my main problem is with team talks. No mather what I say pre match, at HT and post match, I allways get responses like "Switch off" or other negative actions, and a lot of time, when my team is leading in a match by 1 or 2 goals, all of the sudden they start to get nervous, and that, combined with my problem with team talks, always seems to cause them to get a goal conceded on second half and end up drawing the game or even losing it.

I know that theres a lot of stuff that comes into consideration when you use team talks (like the theam morale, if we are favorites or not, whay I say on press conferences and so on), but this is the first year that I've found myself with this kind of problems, and i've found myself just not saying anything in order to not screw things up. So my question is this:

What type of team talks are you currently using? and what have you found that work best with Man Utd?

thanks!

(Sorry for spelling or errors, posting from chile, so english is not my first lenguage)

anyone else score last second goals with Man u?? done it 3 times in 5 games now.

anyone else score last second goals with Man u?? done it 3 times in 5 games now.

well that is what we are known for :P

nah, only kidding mate..

were you leading/drawing/losing at the time?

did you set to overload etc or set to defend?

Hi Raikan
So im playing united too, and i'm getting mixed results. I've found this year harder that the others, and my main problem is with team talks. No mather what I say pre match, at HT and post match, I allways get responses like "Switch off" or other negative actions, and a lot of time, when my team is leading in a match by 1 or 2 goals, all of the sudden they start to get nervous, and that, combined with my problem with team talks, always seems to cause them to get a goal conceded on second half and end up drawing the game or even losing it.

I know that theres a lot of stuff that comes into consideration when you use team talks (like the theam morale, if we are favorites or not, whay I say on press conferences and so on), but this is the first year that I've found myself with this kind of problems, and i've found myself just not saying anything in order to not screw things up. So my question is this:

What type of team talks are you currently using? and what have you found that work best with Man Utd?

thanks!

(Sorry for spelling or errors, posting from chile, so english is not my first lenguage)

hey bud, its a tough part of the game this year.. TT are always tough but this year is close to impossible..

I change it up a lot so I cannot give you a rule of thumb even..

RVP scores 1 gets one assist and gets MoM with like 8.3 ave and I say to the team after beating West Ham 4:1 away from home, "that was a great performance (passionately) get a negative response from him.. the rest of the team had positive ones..

MAYBE, just maybe, try and praise them individually.. maybe big players want to be singled out for praise.. will try that..

and always praise players after a good performance (talk to press) this is a must

Llorente & Bocchetti

I have signed up Llorente and Bocchetti for the start of the new season as well as Perin and Chramosta who will be loaned out and sold to make a little profit..

I have just come to 8th Jan 2013 and am doing pretty well so far! Trying to sell Cleverley to fund my £17m bid for Hamsik as I am letting Ferdinand/Giggs and Scholes go at the end of the season!

After 3 poor runs (the Sunderland game I fielded my youngster team) I designed a whole new tactic and have won several on the trot and playing some really lovely footie :)

Will be uploading it later if it continues to provide good results..

Tactic:

View attachment 282861

Players:

View attachment 282859View attachment 282860View attachment 282865View attachment 282864

Chramosta is a favourite of mine from Fm12 and for some reasons always seems to score for me.. So he is only rated like 2.5 stars but maybe with a little tutoring from RVP or Rooney he can develop into a decent player.. Perin is decent but will be sold!

Fixtures/results/table:

View attachment 282862View attachment 282863

the tactic has been changed slightly to accommodate my players.. I will upload the normal player roles I use..

this is what it actually looks like at the moment, I change the strikers role (as I have set mostly everything to default so when the player role changes so do the players settings)

I change to Poacher for Chicho/Welbeck/Ademilson, CF for Rooney and sometimes RVP :)

I have just lost my first league game of the season, 2-0 away to Liverpool. 18 games, 16 wins plus 2 draws. I was starting to dream of an unbeaten season. I hope this doesn't become the starting point for a dip. I have a new tactic ready which I might just slip straight into for my next game.

As far as penalties go I'm insure of numbers but I know RVP has scored the majority of his, I'd say at least 75% success rate.

Nothing more frustrating than conceding in the last seconds of a game, literally.. and now its happened two games in a row. The most annoying thing is im having something like 26 shots on goal, 15 on target and im scoring once. I've had Rooney and RVP both miss penalties. Still 3 points behind Arsenal and im into January, id have been well ahead if i hadnt drawn the last 3, albeit one was with City.

Anyone else find Michael Carrick needs alot of rest?

Nothing more frustrating than conceding in the last seconds of a game, literally.. and now its happened two games in a row. The most annoying thing is im having something like 26 shots on goal, 15 on target and im scoring once. I've had Rooney and RVP both miss penalties. Still 3 points behind Arsenal and im into January, id have been well ahead if i hadnt drawn the last 3, albeit one was with City.

Anyone else find Michael Carrick needs alot of rest?

nice mate, yeah he is always needs a rest :) always have that in press conferences asking if he will be rested lol..

I have signed up Llorente and Bocchetti for the start of the new season as well as Perin and Chramosta who will be loaned out and sold to make a little profit..

I have just come to 8th Jan 2013 and am doing pretty well so far! Trying to sell Cleverley to fund my £17m bid for Hamsik as I am letting Ferdinand/Giggs and Scholes go at the end of the season!

After 3 poor runs (the Sunderland game I fielded my youngster team) I designed a whole new tactic and have won several on the trot and playing some really lovely footie :)

Will be uploading it later if it continues to provide good results..

Tactic:

View attachment 282861

Players:

View attachment 282859View attachment 282860View attachment 282865View attachment 282864

Chramosta is a favourite of mine from Fm12 and for some reasons always seems to score for me.. So he is only rated like 2.5 stars but maybe with a little tutoring from RVP or Rooney he can develop into a decent player.. Perin is decent but will be sold!

Fixtures/results/table:

View attachment 282862View attachment 282863

I wouldn't make Rooney a tutor for that guy if I were you. A striker with Dives into tackles? He's Arguing with officials as well. And I am not sure this type of striker will benefit with Comes deep to get ball. If you care about personality of the players... I am certain Rooney's Temperament should be poor. Sportmanship is no biggie but I suppose his professionalism isn't that good too because he has been very complacent against weaker sides for me. Once in a FM12 save he wanted a new challenge (or whatever that was called) and wanted to leave the club so I'd question his loyalty and controversy as well. But still an excellent choice for increasing mental attributes anyway.

While on the subject of Roo... have you been playing him paired with only one CM (w/o a DM) and if yes how does he perform?

About the tactic: so one needs to select Defensive strategy in order to play "some really lovely footie"... nice job SI :)

Back