An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide FM13

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 289K
I wouldn't make Rooney a tutor for that guy if I were you. A striker with Dives into tackles? He's Arguing with officials as well. And I am not sure this type of striker will benefit with Comes deep to get ball. If you care about personality of the players... I am certain Rooney's Temperament should be poor. Sportmanship is no biggie but I suppose his professionalism isn't that good too because he has been very complacent against weaker sides for me. Once in a FM12 save he wanted a new challenge (or whatever that was called) and wanted to leave the club so I'd question his loyalty and controversy as well. But still an excellent choice for increasing mental attributes anyway.

While on the subject of Roo... have you been playing him paired with only one CM (w/o a DM) and if yes how does he perform?

About the tactic: so one needs to select Defensive strategy in order to play "some really lovely footie"... nice job SI :)

hey bud,

tutoring is one of my specialties :) so don't stress mate!

Rooney has been a bit of a disappointment to be honest so far in every position/role I have played him in..

lol at the last comment, yeah mate, the player settings are attack minded but the mentality is quite balanced with regards to attacking.. so its a good mixture..

beat Chelsea 4:0 creating 6 ccc's, drew 2:2 to Gunners after going up 2:0 in the first half (two late goals, one was a ME bug)

David De Gea has been superb for me, he's definitely one of the best goalkeepers in the game. Lindegaard is annoying me now, constantly asking to leave and how he's unhappy etc. Anyone think of a decent back up goalkeeper or even a hot prospect...

David De Gea has been superb for me, he's definitely one of the best goalkeepers in the game. Lindegaard is annoying me now, constantly asking to leave and how he's unhappy etc. Anyone think of a decent back up goalkeeper or even a hot prospect...

Bernd Leno/Ter-Stegen/Branescu/Renan/Perin/Areola/Ruffier/Oblak

Jefferson is top quality and so is Tim Krul!

Cheers mate. Another thing, its probably right infront of me but unless my coach recommends say for example Michael Carrick to tutor Phil Jones i cant seem to find how i do it myself. I'm looking Carrick to tutor Jadson and Rooney to turtor Wellington Nem, ive went into both of their training options etc but i cant see it. Its maybe not not possible without the coaches advice but id be amazed if that was the case...

hey bud,

tutoring is one of my specialties :) so don't stress mate!

Rooney has been a bit of a disappointment to be honest so far in every position/role I have played him in..

lol at the last comment, yeah mate, the player settings are attack minded but the mentality is quite balanced with regards to attacking.. so its a good mixture..

beat Chelsea 4:0 creating 6 ccc's, drew 2:2 to Gunners after going up 2:0 in the first half (two late goals, one was a ME bug)

Me stressed :O ? I was just pointing out my opinion and I'd be happy if you share your knowledge in this particular case so that I can learn from you.

About Rooney: I am disappointed with SI decreasing Roo's Natural Fitness so much. I've been playing him as a STR or AM and haven't been impressed at all so considering his shorter career wondering whether to just sell him. Will help definitely in the beginning decreasing the salaries.

Nice result against Chelsea with the tactic mate!

Me stressed :O ? I was just pointing out my opinion and I'd be happy if you share your knowledge in this particular case so that I can learn from you.

About Rooney: I am disappointed with SI decreasing Roo's Natural Fitness so much. I've been playing him as a STR or AM and haven't been impressed at all so considering his shorter career wondering whether to just sell him. Will help definitely in the beginning decreasing the salaries.

Nice result against Chelsea with the tactic mate!

don't stress mate is more of a saying than anything else bud ;) was not implying at all that you were stressing :)

this was him playing as the MCR in that tactic of mine above :)

had good % completed for mostly every department from passing to interception to tackling etc..

he had a nice game :)

View attachment 282877

but, he is not doing very well upfront for me.. maybe its due to the fact that I have retrained him to a CM..

Cheers mate. Another thing, its probably right infront of me but unless my coach recommends say for example Michael Carrick to tutor Phil Jones i cant seem to find how i do it myself. I'm looking Carrick to tutor Jadson and Rooney to turtor Wellington Nem, ive went into both of their training options etc but i cant see it. Its maybe not not possible without the coaches advice but id be amazed if that was the case...

1. Right click the player you want to be a tutor.
2. Choose Talk to player.
3. From Category on the left choose Development.
4. From Topic on the right choose Tutoring.
5. From the drop down choose the player you want to be tutored.

Get Alex Smithies or Buttland, as they are HG and decent backups.

don't stress mate is more of a saying than anything else bud ;) was not implying at all that you were stressing :)

this was him playing as the MCR in that tactic of mine above :)

had good % completed for mostly every department from passing to interception to tackling etc..

he had a nice game :)

View attachment 282877

but, he is not doing very well upfront for me.. maybe its due to the fact that I have retrained him to a CM..

I've been buying Cabaye but if Rooney performs well alongside someone like Fletch or Carrick I'd save that money and try Rooney there. Especially since Giggs is a great backup in the AMC - 3 key passes and 3 assists!

I have signed up Llorente and Bocchetti for the start of the new season as well as Perin and Chramosta who will be loaned out and sold to make a little profit..

I have just come to 8th Jan 2013 and am doing pretty well so far! Trying to sell Cleverley to fund my £17m bid for Hamsik as I am letting Ferdinand/Giggs and Scholes go at the end of the season!

After 3 poor runs (the Sunderland game I fielded my youngster team) I designed a whole new tactic and have won several on the trot and playing some really lovely footie :)

Will be uploading it later if it continues to provide good results..

Tactic:

View attachment 282861

Players:

View attachment 282859View attachment 282860View attachment 282865View attachment 282864

Chramosta is a favourite of mine from Fm12 and for some reasons always seems to score for me.. So he is only rated like 2.5 stars but maybe with a little tutoring from RVP or Rooney he can develop into a decent player.. Perin is decent but will be sold!

Fixtures/results/table:

View attachment 282862View attachment 282863
Can you upload your new tactic please mate:D

well that is what we are known for :P

nah, only kidding mate..

were you leading/drawing/losing at the time?

did you set to overload etc or set to defend?
Normally from a goal behind after dominating the other team for the 90 minutes

Just dominated chelsea at home from start to finish and lost 1-0.. I also can't seem to win comfortably which is worrying.. Beating teams like west brom and wigan 1-0 and 2-1.

Started a game myself as well and so far so good, 3 wins out of 3 with a goal difference of 7-0, including a 2-0 home win againt Man City on the opening weekend.
Will post pictures later in the day.

Normally from a goal behind after dominating the other team for the 90 minutes

Just dominated chelsea at home from start to finish and lost 1-0.. I also can't seem to win comfortably which is worrying.. Beating teams like west brom and wigan 1-0 and 2-1.

have we performed much better than that this season? no :) a win is a win mate! I have those results too, then all of a sudden, thrash Chelsea 4:0 then lose against Sunderland 1:0.. it happens :) its realistic

Started a game myself as well and so far so good, 3 wins out of 3 with a goal difference of 7-0, including a 2-0 home win againt Man City on the opening weekend.
Will post pictures later in the day.

nice mate :0 what tactic you using?

nice, hows it going after these? how did you get this tactic? did I send it to you as I have not uploaded it anywhere, except for 3 members who asked me to :)
I just used the settings on the picture and created a new tactic. :D
Lost an away game 3-1 to Fulham in a poor performance, but had many chances and could have scored at least 2, so there is potential.

I just used the settings on the picture and created a new tactic. :D
Lost an away game 3-1 to Fulham in a poor performance, but had many chances and could have scored at least 2, so there is potential.

nice one :) hahha!

the player settings are heavily modified, you keen to try it out? was on a 24 game unbeaten run, then lost 1:0 against QPR which I also should have won then a 2:1 loss away at Spurs..

love the realism though :)

send me a PM if you keen to try it out :)

Note:

If you playing a formation with wingers against a formation with wingers, set your wingers to SPECIFIC man marking on the other wingers and set their closing down to whole pitch (not all the way)

after making this little tweak in my game against Valencia in the ECL I witnessed Nani and Valencia make at least 2 interceptions each by dropping back and cutting off passes then laying it off and making their forward runs..

this seems to be pretty effective as they were creating a little bit of space out wide and with the "dodgy" FB settings the ME does with them proves a valuable addition!

I scored all three goals after doing this :) this is my new Awesome AMC (like last year) tactic I have made and been using with United for over 26 games now (except when I used the M&M DM version against Everton and drew 1:1)

I will be uploading it early next week me thinks :)

Tactic just doesnt work for me, it **** as ****.
4 match 3 points, 2 goals 3 conceded ones.
give me a tactic that works.

team talks are something i just cant figure out either, i can say anything they just wont get motivated or if anything they will switch off...

basically im using the tactic i downloaded, thats it i just put it there and done. tried to switch rooney to amc and rvp to cf with inside forward wingers and cms not dms, but it did not work...

Back